Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WWE SUPERAW 06

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WWE SUPERAW 06

Eddie Guerrero moment: Eddie Guerrero and Chyna in 2000 reliving his mamacita gimmick as Latino Heat.

Joey Styles: “What an emotional night it has already been, and the night has only begun as we celebrate the life of Eddie Guerrero”

John Bradshaw Layfield: “Eddie Guerrero would have wanted the show to go on, I had the privilege of knowing him for many years, one of my best friends in this industry, he will be missed.”

Joey Styles: “Indeed he will, but as you stated, Eddie would have wanted the show to go on, and up next the first of three matches to determine a #1 contender for the Intercontinental Championship, as Rob van Dam faces off against AJ Styles.”

‘Fury of the Storm’ by Shadows Fall hits the speakers and Rob Van Dam appears on the stage to a good pop from the crowd. RVD does his finger pose and then points to the heavens before walking down to the ring. Rob Van Dam walks past the low rider and then slides into the ring as ‘Burn In My Light’ plays and AJ Styles appears on the stage, dressed in his signature red attire. AJ takes off the hood and then points to the heavens before performing his signature pose on the stage. He walks to the ring and slides in as he prepares to battle Rob Van Dam.

#1 Contenders Tournament
    Rob Van Dam vs. AJ Styles

Both men shake hands in the middle of the ring and then move back to their corners until the bell sounds and they meet in the center of the ring with a collar and elbow tieup, RVD spins AJ around and gets him in a waist-lock but AJ does a go behind to reverse the hold. RVD waits for a moment and then sits out of it before taking the legs from underneath Styles, he tries for a quick count but Styles easily kicks out before the count of 1, both men get back to their feet and AJ takes RVD over with a headlock takedown but RVD quickly reacts with a leg grapevine, breaking the hold, AJ is able to push out of it and both men get back to their feet again, RVD goes for a spinning heel kick but AJ ducks it and tries for a discus punch but RVD ducks out of the way, both men turn around in battle stance at the exact same time and the crowd is on their feet for this stalemate in the early going.

Both men lock up again and RVD grabs Styles in a headlock, but Styles is quick to push out of the way and he sends RVD into the ropes and lowers his head, RVD turns and flips over Styles and then tries to kick him, Styles catches him by the foot, RVD goes for an Enziguri but Styles ducks, he then tries a reverse mule kick and Styles ducks again and Styles executes a dragon whip, which takes RVD over. RVD struggles to his feet and AJ quickly grabs him and snapmares him over before executing a kick to the back of the neck of RVD, AJ then walks around so that he is facing RVD and delivers another stiff kick, this time to the chest of RVD and he goes down. Styles covers but RVD kicks out. AJ then throws RVD into the ropes and ducks as RVD goes over, then he leap-frogs him before putting him down with a dropkick, AJ covers but RVD kicks out.

AJ lifts RVD back to his feet and whips him into the ropes again, he lowers his head and this time RVD catches him with a kick to the face, AJ lifts his head up and RVD connects with a spinning heel kick which puts AJ down. RVD then notices that he is down and runs off the ropes, connecting with Rolling Thunder! RVD covers but AJ kicks out at 2. RVD lifts AJ back to his feet and delivers a couple of forearm shots, backing him into the corner, he then traps him in the corner with a couple of shoulder thrusts and then charges in with a third one but AJ moves out of the way and RVD crashes hard, shoulder first into the ring post. AJ waits for RVD to get back up before hitting the Pele Kick on RVD. AJ covers….1…2…kickout.

AJ waits for RVD to get back to his feet and then takes him over quickly with a snap suplex, AJ holds on and helps RVD back to his feet, RVD is stunned and AJ runs off the ropes, catching RVD with a modified neckbreaker! AJ covers but RVD kicks out. AJ lifts RVD back up and gives him a couple forearm shots which stuns RVD. AJ then runs off the ropes and charges at RVD who ducks and AJ goes over the top rope to the outside floor. AJ is hurting and RVD takes a moment to catch his breath before he goes on the attack, he runs off the ropes and leaps over the top rope with a Summersault Senton and AJ moves out of the way as RVD crashes VERY HARD on the outside of the ring, his leg smashing into the low rider. RVD is in serious trouble in the very early goings of this match as AJ springboards to the barricade and then leaps at RVD, connecting with a forearm shot to the face of RVD.

AJ picks up RVD and throws him back into the ring. He covers but RVD manages to kick out. AJ then executes a snapmare on RVD and sits him up to deliver a stiff kick to the back of RVD. With RVD down, AJ gets a smile on his face and runs off the ropes, he tries to attempt his own version of Rolling Thunder but RVD gets his knees up at the last possible moment and AJ lands hard. RVD struggles to get back to his feet and then he delivers a standing side kick which knocks AJ back into the corner. RVD holds on to his back, showing the damage that was done by the high risk move, he then runs at AJ and executes a monkey flip which takes AJ over and into the center of the ring. RVD quickly seizes his opportunity and executes a spinning leg drop. Pain is visible on RVD’s face as he lands but he fights through the pain, he manages to make a cover, but Styles is able to kick out.

AJ struggles back to his feet and RVD delivers a few forearm shots, knocking Styles back into the ropes, RVD then tosses AJ into the ropes and looks for a Spinning Heel Kick but AJ ducks underneath it. AJ then goes to deliver a kick of his own but RVD catches it, AJ then attempts an Enziguri and it connects with the back of RVD’s head, but he doesn’t go down, doing his best to fight off the pain. AJ then delivers a mule kick which connects to the face of RVD and it knocks him down.

Both men are down, but AJ is the first to get to his feet, RVD then staggers to his feet and turns around as AJ tries to connect with the Styles Clash, however RVD is able to fight his way out of it by shifting his weight so that his torso doesn’t get stuck in between the legs of Styles, he then manages to deliver a couple of right hands which forces Styles to let go. RVD then takes AJ down with another Spinning Heel Kick and drags AJ over to the corner. RVD signals using his thumbs and then executes a Split-Legged Moonsault, he covers but AJ is able to kick out at the count of two. RVD fights to his feet and then fights to climb to the top rope, and he sizes up Styles, he waits for AJ to get to his feet and he leaps off, delivering a kick to the face of Styles. AJ is down and in serious trouble as RVD covers, but AJ somehow manages to k ick out.

RVD begins to show some frustration and he has some words with the referee. RVD notices that Styles is getting to his feet, and he springboards off the second rope and delivers another stiff kick to the face of Styles. RVD signals for the end and slowly begins to climb to the top rope, looking for the Five Star Frog Splash, but AJ is able to get to his feet and knocks him off balance. AJ then climbs to the top rope, looking for a Super-plex, but RVD fights back, the two men fight for position until AJ gets behind RVD, he knocks down RVD off the top rope and then tries his own high risk move, but RVD knocks him off balance. RVD then climbs to the top rope, looking for his own Super Plex but AJ blocks it and delivers several punches to the face of RVD and he nearly falls off the top rope, but AJ holds on to his legs preventing him from falling. AJ locks up RVD and leaps off the top rope with a SUPER STYLES CLASH! AJ covers….1….2…3

Spoiler
    The referee raises his hand as AJ checks on his opponent, making sure that he didn’t do any significant damage to RVD, Styles helps him to his feet and then the two men stare each other down for a couple of moments. The two men then shake hands and RVD leaves the ring as Styles celebrates his victory with the crowd, knowing that he will face the winner of Punk/Danielson next week. The cameras then shift backstage as Chavo Guerrero sits alone in a room.

Chavo Guerrero: Eddie Guerrero was my uncle technically, but we were brothers. We were three years apart, he was the big brother I never had, I was the little brother that he never had. Growing up a Guerrero was definitely different, we had a lot of big shoes to fill, we didn’t just decide to get into wrestling because it looked cool on TV, we lived it ever since we were born. Eddie and I had our first match together, it was against each other, I was 4 and he must have been 6 or 7, my grandfather had a promotion that was across the border from El Paso Texas in Mexico and during intermission Eddie and I would get in the ring and wrestle each other. The fans knew who we were, so this caught on and people started to not go to intermission and not go to concession, they would sit and watch Eddie and I wrestle. They finally had to stop it because nobody would buy concessions, they would sit and watch us wrestle. We always dreamed of becoming Tag Team Champions and we finally were able to let that dream come true, it came true in the WWE when Vince McMahon decided to put us together as a tag team. That was a tag team that for me will never be replaced; I will never have a tag team partner like Eddie ever again. I can’t explain it; together we thought the same in the ring, I knew what he was doing, he knew what I was doing, we knew what each other were thinking at all times, it was crazy, it was stuff that we never had to work on, becoming a tag team it was just there. Eddie, you’re my brother, you will always be my brother, I love you with all of my heart, you were a great inspiration to me, and still are a great inspiration to me, not just through my faith, my career, my family, every aspect of my life I would come for help and you were always there. So I want to say thank you, you will be missed tremendously and I will see you again, I love you.

Commercial Break

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eddie Guerrero moment – The night is June 27th, 2005 and the place is San Diego, California. His long time friend Rey Mysterio had fallen to the influence of the Undertaker. Determined to find that some part of his friend remained, Eddie battled his friend in a fantastic encounter. Eddie was able to defeat his friend in a fantastic encounter, and during the course of the match, was able to gain a foothold of influence that would eventually read to his friend overcoming the Undertaker’s influence.

Rey Mysterio: Eddie Guerrero, my brother, I know your listening to me when I say these words. Putting wrestling aside, I have a lot of good memories that you have left in my heart, not only for me, but for my family, my son Dominic, my wife, your family and my family bonded real good. I am gonna miss you, I miss you right now, I wish you were here with me, I wish this thing was just a dream and I could wake up and you were still here with us, everyone misses you Eddie. I love you. We’re gonna miss you Eddie, you’re a big inspiration to everybody, as a fan, a person, as a human being, you had a good presence, such a great presence, I love you.

A video package to “Here Without You” by 3 Doors Down plays on the big screen, the video package details Eddie Guerrero’s early years, following up to his Malenko/Guerrero match in ECW, to his work in wCw and finally into the WWE, with his Lie, Cheat and Steal gimmick, winning the Intercontinental Championship and celebrating with Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania, both as champions, finally it shows highlights of his match with Brock Lesnar, with the champion holding his hand high after the match, and then highlights of his final match against his best friend, Chris Benoit, before all the memories cascade in flashes as the song ends “In Loving Memory 1967-2005”

‘World’s Greatest’ plays over the speakers as the World’s Greatest Tag Team, Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas appear on the stage. Both men are dressed in their Olympic style red hoodies as they slide into the ring and prepare for their opponents. ‘Generation Next Ain’t Nothin To Fuck With’ by Wu Tang Clan hits the speakers and the crowd goes crazy as the high-flying Austin Aries and Alex Shelley of Generation Next appear on the stage. Aries and Shelley run down to the ring and slide into the ring. Benjamin and Haas quickly escape as Generation Next work the crowd for a couple of seconds before they slide back into the ring and the bell sounds as the second match of this best of three series is about to begin.

Generation Next vs. World’s Greatest Tag Team

Both sides select who will start first, for Generation Next they select Austin Aries and the World’s Greatest Tag Team counters with Shelton Benjamin as the two men lock up in the center of the ring. Benjamin quickly pushes Aries off and grabs a leg to take him down with, looking for the early advantage, once Aries is down, he gets on top of him with a waist lock as Aries maneuvers around trying to reach the bottom rope and he does. They lock up again and this time Aries gets the advantage with a headlock, Benjamin then pushes off and sends Aries into the ropes, Aries holds onto the ropes as Benjamin charges in and Aries surprises him with a kick to the face. Aries then charges at Benjamin and ducks, avoiding a clothesline before coming off the ropes and surprising Benjamin with a tilt-a-whirl headscissor takedown which gets the crowd into it. Aries then makes the tag to Alex Shelley.

Aries throws Benjamin into the ropes and connects with a drop-toe-hold as Shelley comes off the other ropes with a dropkick to the face of Shelton Benjamin, he covers 1…2…kickout. Shelley throws Benjamin into the ropes and tries for a arm-drag, but Benjamin blocks it, Shelley then lands a shot to the midsection and then places his leg overtop of Benjamin’s head and flips over, he then ducks a clothesline from Benjamin before connecting with his own tilt-a-whirl headscissor takedown. Benjamin is up quickly and Shelley throws him back into the ropes, but he counters and delivers a knee to the midsection and then grabs him by the hair and throws him down. Benjamin then makes the tag to Charlie Haas.

Haas lifts up Shelley and locks him in a headlock, Shelley fights out of the headlock and pushes Haas into the ropes but Haas counters with a shoulderblock which knocks down Shelley. Haas then runs off the ropes as Shelley dives down, Haas comes back off the ropes and this time Shelley leaps over him and then turns with a flying forearm that catches Haas off guard. Haas gets to his feet first and scores with a knee to the stomach to break the momentum of Shelley, before mounting him with some vicious shots to the back of the head. Haas then places Shelley’s head on the second rope and runs off, looking to execute a senton but Shelley moves out of the way and Haas lands uncomfortably on the second rope. Shelley delivers a few shots to get Haas into position and then tags in Austin Aries. Aries sees the opportunity and springboards into the ring with a guillotine leg drop on Haas. Aries covers but Haas manages to kick out. Aries lifts up Haas and delivers a couple of shots and throws him into the ropes, but Haas reverses and connects with an overhead Belly to Belly Suplex, knocking the wind out of Aries. Haas covers, but Aries kicks out.

Haas lifts Aries to his feet and throws him into the corner with such velocity that Aries’ sternum connects with the turnbuckle and drives more wind out of the lungs of Austin Aries. Haas talks trash to the crowd before lifting Aries back to his feet, Haas then lifts Aries up and again throws him into the corner, this time catching him with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker as he comes out, choosing his target area to wear down on Aries, the back. Haas makes the tag back to Benjamin who stomps away at the back of Aries. Benjamin then lifts him back to his feet, he throws him into the ropes and scores with a High Back Body Drop as the back of Aries is dealt more damage early on. Benjamin then decides to keep the match on the ground, he wraps his legs around Aries before locking in a chinlock.

Aries is in trouble in the very early going and fights to escape the hold, he gets to his knee and Shelley is urging him on and he manages to elbow out of it, but Benjamin maneuvers Aries into the ropes and connects with a knife edge chop. Benjamin then throws Aries into the corner and charges, Aries gets his foot up, and then connects with a quick dropkick to the knee of Benjamin, making the tag to Alex Shelley!
    Shelley gets the tag and he knocks down Benjamin with a forearm. Haas comes in and looks for a clothesline but Shelley ducks and scores with a knockdown on Haas as well. Shelley then knocks down Haas with a dropkick and delivers a dropkick to Benjamin as well as Shelley has quickened up the pace.

Shelley then throws Haas into the ropes and connects with a back body drop. Benjamin runs at him but he ducks another clothesline and connects with the Shellshock! Shelley covers but Benjamin kicks out. Shelley lifts up Benjamin and throws him into the corner and charges in, leapfrogging over him and catching him with his legs, but Benjamin grabs him in mid-air and positions him on the top rope. Haas tags in and delivers a stiff kick to the stomach of Shelley and then takes over for Benjamin. Benjamin runs off the ropes while Haas holds him, but Aries grabs Benjamin by the leg and pulls him to the outside, meanwhile in the ring Shelley is able to execute a leg scissor takedown which sends Haas to the outside.

Both Aries and Shelley are in the ring and their opponents are on the outside at opposite ends. Aries runs off the ropes and leaps over the top rope with a corkscrew senton splash on Charlie Haas. Shelley runs off the ropes and leaps over the top rope with a summersault senton splash on Shelton Benjamin and Generation Next are in complete control as World’s Greatest Tag Team are in pain on the outside. Aries throws Haas into the ring and makes the cover but Haas kicks out. Aries lifts Haas to his feet and throws him into the ropes, but Haas holds on, Aries charges in and Haas sends him over the top rope and Aries lands on his feet. Aries then turns around and Haas delivers a right hand, Aries battles back with a right hand that knocks Haas backwards but at that moment Benjamin slides into the ring out of nowhere and charges at Aries connecting with a dropkick that sends him to the floor.

The referee admonishes Benjamin as Haas goes to the outside where Aries is holding onto his ribs and Haas delivers the boots to him on the outside before sliding him back into the ring. Haas covers but Aries kicks out. Haas makes the tag to Benjamin and then bends to one knee as Benjamin lifts up Aries and drops him on the knee of Charlie Haas. The referee forces Haas out of the ring as Benjamin covers, the referee turns around and starts the count but Aries kicks out at 2. Frustration begins to mount on the face of Shelton Benjamin, he lifts Aries to his feet and looks for a T-Bone Suplex, Aries tries to battle out of it with elbows and succeeds, he then turns and looks for a clothesline but Benjamin ducks and plants him with a T-Bone Suplex! Benjamin covers….1….2……SHELLEY INTERFERES, saving Aries.

The referee scolds Shelley as Benjamin keeps his cool this time in the center of the ring and he locks in the Minnesota Stretch on Austin Aries and he has nowhere to go.. However he refuses to surrender and so Benjamin breaks the hold and then locks him in the Mexican Surfboard instead. The referee checks to see if Aries wants to quit, but he refuses and manages to slide out of the Stretch into a pin cover, but Benjamin kicks out. Benjamin then quickly delivers a kick to the side of the head of Aries before he can mount any sort of offense. Benjamin drags him away from Shelley and makes the tag to his partner Charlie Haas.

Haas comes in and delivers a few boots to Austin Aries and throws him sternum first into the turnbuckle once again, Haas then delivers a dropkick to the back of Aries which drives his sternum into the turnbuckle once again. Haas gives Aries some space, which turns out to be a mistake as Aries comes back with a couple of elbows, Haas then charges at Aries who manages to low bridge Haas over the top rope to the floor, Haas Is down on the outside and Aries is down in the center of the ring and he begins the long crawl towards Alex Shelley. Benjamin runs into the ring to distract the referee as Aries makes the tag to Shelley and Alex Shelley enters the ring, Shelley makes a b-line for Haas but the referee cuts him off because he didn’t see the tag. Benjamin and Haas then pull Austin Aries back towards the center of the ring. Haas nails Aries with an atomic drop and then lifts him in the air as Shelton Benjamin runs off the ropes with a modified bulldog. Haas covers, but somehow Aries kicks out.

Benjamin gets the tag in and he targets the middle back area, just like Haas did with a kick to the back, he then throws Aries into the corner where Haas delivers a kick to the exact same area and the back of Aries is hurting big time. Aries stumbles out of the corner and Benjamin hooks him up and sends him flying with a Belly to Belly Suplex. Aries is still down as Benjamin grabs him by the legs, he knows that he has complete control, so he takes a second to rub it in Aries face by delivering a kick south of the border. Benjamin covers, but Aries kicks out. Benjamin begins to show some signs of frustration as he sets up Aries for a suplex, but Aries blocks it and delivers a knee to the stomach, breaking Benjamin’s hold. Aries then hooks up Benjamin and lifts him into the air, quickly connecting with a Brainbuster! Both men are down, and Aries looks to the corner as his partner Alex Shelley and makes the long crawl.

Shelley gets the tag and all hell breaks loose, he springboards into the ring taking Benjamin down with a dropkick. Shelley then takes out Haas with a right hand, knocking him to the outside and then throws Benjamin into the ropes, Benjamin reverses and Shelley slides underneath the leg of Benjamin before connecting with an Enziguri to the back of Aries head. Haas then charges at Shelley but he baits him in before dropping down as Haas flies over the top rope. Shelley then sees Benjamin on his feet and springboards off the second rope into a sunset flip and nearly pins Benjamin. Shelley has Benjamin rocking, and he grabs him and whirls around the corner with a Tornado DDT, dropping Benjamin face first. He covers but Benjamin manages to kick out. Benjamin is right by the rope and manages to tag in Charlie Haas.

Haas goes right at Shelley with clubbing forearms and then puts him down with a Back Suplex. Haas takes a moment to gloat before he runs off the ropes and Aries surprises him with a knee to the back. Haas takes a swing at Aries who ducks it and drops him neck first on the rope, as Haas shoots back, Shelley grabs him from behind and hits Sliced Bread #2! Shelley goes for the cover, but at the last possible moment Benjamin breaks up the count with a stiff kick to the face of Alex Shelley. All four men are exhausted, but Benjamin manages to reach down for enough energy to charge at Aries and knock him over the top rope to the floor and both of them are down on the outside. Meanwhile in the ring, both Shelley and Haas are exhausted, pulling themselves to their feet.

Haas grabs Shelley from behind and attempts a German Suplex, but Shelley somehow lands on his feet and connects with a dropkick sending Haas face first into the corner turnbuckle. Aries slides into the ring and lifts Haas to the top rope, Benjamin gets to his feet on the turnbuckle but Aries knocks him off and then signals to Shelley, Alex runs at Aries who shoots him into the air, Shelley’s grabs Haas with his legs and executes a perfect Hurricanrana from the top rope. Aries knocks down Benjamin as the referee makes the cover….1……2….

KICKOUT! CHARLIE HAAS KICKED OUT! Aries and Shelley can’t believe that Haas kicked out. All four men are in the ring now, Aries ducks a clothesline from Benjamin and then grabs him by the foot as Benjamin surprises him with a Dragon Whip, leaving Alex Shelley and Charlie Haas alone in the ring. Shelley throws Haas into the corner and he charges in but Haas gets his foot up, Haas then grabs Shelley and lifts him up for a Powerbomb, Benjamin appears on the ring apron and he slingshots into the ring, but at the last moment Shelley ducks and Benjamin misses the Doomsday Device! Shelley is then able to roll through it, both men get to their feet as Aries runs off the ropes. Haas misses a right hand and Shelley goes for a leg sweep, just as Aries connects with a Spinning Heel Kick, THE HIGH LOW! Shelley goes for the cover as Aries takes care of Benjamin….1….2….3! Aries and Shelley win.

Spoiler
    Generation Next slide out of the ring before Shelton Benjamin can make an attack and hold their hands up high, knowing that they have tied the series at one win a piece. Shelton Benjamin gives them a little bit of lip service, while Haas slowly gets to his feet as we take a commercial break.

Commercial Break

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eddie Guerrero moment: Chris Benoit wins the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 21, Eddie Guerrero joins him in the ring as IC Champion and #1 contender, and both men celebrate that they have finally reached their dreams on the biggest stage of them all.

‘Final Countdown’ by Europe starts playing in the main arena and the lights go out with the exception of green spotlights which span the arena before focusing on the stage as the “American Dragon” Bryan Danielson appears on the stage to a huge pop from the crowd. Danielson walks around the ring and then climbs to the top rope as the crowd sings along with his song, before he jumps into the ring and the lights go out again and a strobe light begins to play. The crowd goes dead quiet before the introduction of ‘Misera Cantere’ by AFI slowly begins to play, suddenly the crowd picks up and stomps to the drum beat as the arena shakes and CM Punk walks through the curtains and onto the stage to a mixed reaction from the crowd. Punk begins his walk to the ring and shows the crowd his patent straight edge signal with his arms, he goes to shake a person’s hand, but then pulls it away at the last moment, mocking the crowd. Punk slides into the ring and stares down Danielson in the middle of the ring before the bell sounds and both men move to the center of the ring.

CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson

The two men look for a grecko roman knuckle lock, Danielson gets a quick advantage and kicks away the hand of Punk, breaking the left hand lock, but at the same time Punk quickly counters by kicking the right hand of Danielson breaking the hold and then surprising Danielson with an arm drag takedown. They lock up again and this time Danielson does a go behind into a hammerlock, Punk reverses the hold and then Danielson trips him up with his leg into a side headlock. Punk fights back to his feet but Danielson takes him down again. Punk gets back to his feet and sends Danielson into the ropes but Danielson knocks him down with a shoulder-tackle. Danielson then gets to his feet and takes down Punk again with a headlock.

Punk battles back to his feet, and raises Danielson’s arms over his own and then delivers a kick to the midsection, breaking the hold of Danielson. They lock up again and Punk backs Danielson into the corner before delivering a few well placed knife edge chops to the chest of Danielson. Punk then throws Danielson into the corner but Danielson is ready and he uses the corner as momentum, flipping over Punk and landing on his feet, Punk turns around and ducks the Roaring Elbow from Danielson and looks for Welcome To Chicago but Danielson maneuvers out of that and into a front face headlock, but Punk once again pushes Danielson to the corner. The referee asks for a clean break, but Punk doesn’t give it to him, instead he delivers a hard knee strike to the stomach of Danielson, knocking the wind out of him. Punk continues to deliver knee strikes and then he runs off the ropes and comes back with a hard knee strike that drives Danielson’s head into the middle turnbuckle and Punk is in control early.

Punk lifts Danielson up only to execute a snap mare to take him back down, Punk then runs off the ropes and delivers a dropkick to the head of Danielson. Punk covers but Danielson easily kicks out. Punk then lifts Danielson up and locks him ina headlock as he forces Danielson to combat his weight as well as Danielson fights to get back to his feet and backs Punk into the corner. Danielson then unleashes a knife edge chop to Punk and throws him into the corner, Punk comes out of the corner and Danielson takes him down with a dropkick. Danielson takes a moment to recover before he continues his assault, he grabs Punk by the legs and plays to the crowd as he locks him in the Surfboard Submission. Punk refuses to surrender as Danielson has had his fun with him and he releases the hold. Danielson then lifts up Punk and attempts a small package but Punk kicks out.

Danielson once again goes for a small package but this time Punk kicks out at one, he gets to his feet quickly but Danielson is in his head as he falls victim to an arm drag takedown by Danielson and Punk slams the mat in frustration. Punk fights his way to his feet and delivers some elbows to break the hold, he runs off the ropes but Danielson calmly connects with a dropkick, knocking down Punk again. Punk gets to his feet and Danielson scores with a couple stiff clothesline knockdowns and goes for the cover but Punk kicks out again. Punk gets to his feet and Danielson throws him into the ropes, Danielson looks for a dropkick but Punk holds onto the ropes and Danielson crashes to the mat, Punk then rolls through into a cover but Danielson kicks out at 2.

Punk gets to his feet first and he runs off the ropes, surprising Danielson with a running Enziguri to the face of Danielson. Punk covers…1….2….kickout. Punk gets to his feet and tries to lock in the Anaconda Vice, but Danielson fights out of it with an elbow, Punk turns around and delivers a few right hands but Danielson then begins to block and fire back with rights of their own. Punk then ducks a right hand and catches Danielson by the foot, he flips him over so that Danielson lands on his feet,. Punk then charges at Danielson and ducks under a clothesline, Punk bounces off the ropes and Danielson scores with a Roaring Elbow! Danielson covers….1…2….kickout. Punk is slow to get to his feet and Danielson throws him into the ropes again, Punk ducks a clothesline and both men score with a clothesline and both men are down in the center of the ring.

With both men down, the camera shifts to the entrance area as Samoa Joe begins walking down to the ring to get a closer look at both men. Danielson is first to his feet, but Punk surprises him with a thumb to the eye to gain momentum. Punk then delivers a kick and follows it up with a DDT! Punk covers but Danielson manages to kick out at 2. As Punk gets to his feet, he notices Joe at ringside and he goes to have words with him. Punk then lifts Danielson up on his shoulders and turns to face Joe, Punk mouths something at Joe and Danielson takes the distraction and slides behind Punk, he turns him around with a Small Package…..1….2…Joe holds onto Punk’s leg...3! Danielson shocks Punk!

Spoiler
    Danielson looks up at Joe for the first time and he smiles, Joe doesn’t give any additional reaction, just the cold stare that he is known so well for. Punk gets up and realizes that he has lost his opportunity and that Samoa Joe has screwed him. Danielson exits the ring as Joe begins walking up the entrance ramp, he turns to Punk and smiles, knowing that he just cost Punk a title shot, as the camera shifts back to Chris Benoit alone in front of a camera.

Chris Benoit: Eddie Guerrero was my best friend, and I am sure there are many people that he knew, that would be able to say the same thing about him, he was such a beautiful person, such a kind hearted person. I couldn’t find the words, words couldn’t describe what kind of a human being Eddie truly was. I’ve known Eddie for just about 15 years, and spent a good portion of those 15 years with him. We laughed together, cried together, fought each other, we’ve been up and down each and every mountain, each and every highway. Eddie always led by example, he was the one friend, that I had that I could go to and pour my heart out to if I was going through something, if I had a personal issue, a personal problem, he was the one guy that I could call and talk to, and know that he would understand and that he would talk me out of it because of his own experiences. I believe in leading by example and he always led by example, through his life, through the obstacles that he went through, and conquered and became a better person and he’d often use that as an example. We never left each other without telling each other that we loved each other, and I can truly say that I love Eddie Guerrero, he was a man that I can say I love, and I love his family and my heart, thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Vickie, Chareline and Caleigh. I cant imagine the sorrow that they are going through and the emotions that they are going through, and I want them to know that my prayers and thoughts are with them, and Eddie I know that your in a better place and I know that your looking down on me right now, and I just want to say that I love you and I miss you. Eddie you made such a great impression upon my life and I want to thank you for everything you ever given me, and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and tell you that I love you and I’ll never forget you, and that we’ll see each other again. I love you Eddie.

Eddie Guerrero Moment: Eddie reconciling with his family after battling his demons.

Commercial Break`
    Last edited by Jay Lethal; 04-29-2007 at 09:35 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eddie Guerrero moments: Eddie Guerrero’s lie, cheat and steal gimmick, winning several matches by setting his opponents up for cheating, pretending to be hit with a steal chair, or a low blow etc. He lies, he cheats, he steals….but at least he is honest about it.

Shane McMahon: Eddie Guerrero, Latino Heat will always be remembered as one of the greats. A man that unbelievable passion for his trade, his craft and that is the way that he looked at it, he was a craftsman. When he was in the ring, Eddie Guerrero was happy, Eddie was performing, and he loved to perform for an audience whether they were booing him or cheering him, Eddie loved to perform. It was one thing Eddie loved more than performing, it was his family, his immediate family and his WWE family and that was the way Eddie thought of all of us, as his family. Whether they were on the crew, in the locker-room, wherever, we were all part of Eddie’s family. Eddie would always talk about his familie. He loved his wife, and he loved his daughters, and that’s what he fought for, that’s what he fought for every single night, he loved you. That’s what Eddie would want to get home the most, this is talking specifically to Vickie and his daughters, he loved you, he did everything for you. A lot could be said for Eddie, about his great performances and things of that nature, but if there is one thing I can relate to you, Eddie was a good man, a damn good man. We will all miss him very much, and the chants of Eddie, Eddie, Eddie will live in our hearts forever."

Eddie Guerrero moment – The night is June 27th, 2005 and the place is San Diego, California. His long time friend Rey Mysterio had fallen to the influence of the Undertaker. Determined to find that some part of his friend remained, Eddie battled his friend in a fantastic encounter. Eddie was able to defeat his friend in a fantastic encounter, and during the course of the match, was able to gain a foothold of influence that would eventually read to his friend overcoming the Undertaker’s influence.

The titantron then comes to life as a video package to “Fix You by Coldplay plays on the big screen, the video package details Eddie Guerrero’s early years, following up to his Malenko/Guerrero match in ECW, to his work in wCw and finally into the WWE, with his Lie, Cheat and Steal gimmick, winning the Intercontinental Championship and celebrating with Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania, both as champions, finally it shows highlights of his match with Brock Lesnar, with the champion holding his hand high after the match, and then highlights of his final match against his best friend, Chris Benoit, before all the memories cascade in flashes as the song ends “In Loving Memory 1967-2005”

Commercial Break

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eddie Guerrero moment: The event is WWE Vengeance 2005, the stage is the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Eddie Guerrero challenges Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship, his first ever opportunity at the title. Although Eddie would come up just short, he would be greeted not only with a handshake by Brock Lesnar, but a standing ovation from the crowd.

‘The Champ Is Here’ by Jadakiss hits the speakers as the WWE Champion, Brock Lesnar appears on the stage to a huge pop from the crowd. Brock Lesnar stands on the stage for a few seconds before getting a few jumps and the explosions are setoff behind him. Lesnar pounds his chest and points to the air before he walks to the ring. As Lesnar walks past the low-rider in the entrance ramp, he glances down at all the gifts that have been left for Eddie Guerrero. He removes his title and places it in the center on the hood and then turns around to face the ring, he leaps to the apron as explosions go off again, and Lesnar steps into the ring, ready for his match. ‘Whatever’ by Our Lady Peace hits the speakers and the crowd is absolutely deafening for Chris Benoit as he steps through the curtains and onto the stage. Benoit pounds his chest and points to the heavens before he walks to the ring, Benoit walks beside the low-rider and a tear nearly escapes his eye as he pounds his chest again in respect before he slides into the ring and faces off with Brock Lesnar.

Main Event
    Tribute Match
    Brock Lesnar vs. Chris Benoit

Both men meet up in the center of the ring, there is no staredown, no pushing and shoving, only a handshake between both men. Lesnar points at his arm band that has “EG” on it and then points at Benoit and shakes his head, and then the two men circle the ring and prepare to lock up. They finally lock up in the center of the ring and Lesnar scores with a headlock on Benoit. Lesnar holds him in the headlock for a couple of seconds but then Benoit pushes him back into the corner and then throws him in, Lesnar comes off the rebound and easily takes Benoit down with a shoulder tackle. Lesnar runs off the ropes and Benoit goes down as Lesnar leaps over top of him and Benoit surprises Lesnar with an arm drag. Lesnar gets up quickly and Benoit looks for the Crippler Crossface early but Lesnar is able to roll out of the ring to the floor.

Benoit gives Lesnar space allowing the champion to get back into the ring, and both men circle the ring one more time before locking up, Lesnar uses his superior strength to push Benoit into the corner. The referee looks for a clean break and Lesnar gives it to him, and then he delivers a clubbing blow that knocks Benoit down to one knee. Lesnar then drives his shoulder into the ribs of Benoit, not one, not twice but three times. Lesnar then throws Benoit into the opposite corner but Benoit surprises Lesnar by reversing the maneuver and sending Lesnar into the corner, Lesnar bounces out of the corner and Benoit takes him over with a back body drop. Lesnar gets back to his feet and Benoit again tries to lock Lesnar in the Crossface but Lesnar is able to roll out of the ring to the floor.

Again, Benoit allows Lesnar space to enter the ring as the crowd gets behind Benoit, and the two men circle the ring again. They lock up and this time Benoit goes straight for the headlock and takes Lesnar down to one knee. Lesnar quickly gets momentum back with his raw power and gets back to his feet before throwing Benoit into the ropes, Lesnar looks for a clothesline but Benoit ducks it. Benoit then grabs Lesnar by the legs, taking him down and then he looks for the Sharpshooter but once again Lesnar is able to roll out of the ring and escape to the outside. This time however Benoit follows Lesnar out of the ring to the floor. Lesnar turns around and Benoit lights him up with a knife edge chop, following it up with a few more as Lesnar stumbles around the floor. Benoit then drives Lesnar’s head into the steel steps and then rolls him into the ring.

Lesnar stumbles into the corner and Benoit continues the assault with a right hand in the corner, followed by a knife edge chop. Benoit then climbs to the second rope and begins to lay into Lesnar with right hands as the crowd behind him counts along. Lesnar stumbles out of the corner and Benoit grabs him and throws him into the ropes, Lesnar reverses and sends Benoit in, he then grabs him and throws him over the top rope to the floor. Benoit is favoring his arm as Lesnar takes a moment to recover, Lesnar then slides out of the ring to the floor and grabs Benoit, bringing him back into the ring. Lesnar then lifts up Benoit and throws him into the corner with such velocity that Benoit falls to the ground upon impact.

Lesnar gets to his feet and sees that Benoit is hurting big time, Lesnar picks up Benoit and places him in the corner, he drives the shoulder into the ribs of Benoit a few more times and then launches him with great velocity into the opposite corner and again the ring shakes as Benoit’s back hits the turnbuckle and Benoit falls to the ground in pain. Lesnar covers but Benoit manages to kick out. Lesnar than lifts Benoit to his feet and wraps his arms around the back of Benoit in a bearhug. Lesnar holds onto the bearhug, tossing Benoit around, as Benoit struggles under the raw power of Lesnar. Benoit manages to fight back with shots to the face of Lesnar as he finally releases the hold,. Benoit then manages to bounce off the rope and connect with a forearm to the face of Lesnar that knocks him down and both men are down.

Both men get to their feet and Benoit is the first to strike a blow with another knife edge chop. He backs Lesnar into the corner and throws him into the ropes, but Lesnar reverses and connects with a vicious Powerslam. Lesnar covers but Benoit kicks out. Lesnar takes a moment to have a word with the referee as Benoit struggles to his feet, Lesnar then returns his attention to Benoit and lifts him to his feet and locks him in an Abdominal Stretch. The referee asks if Benoit wants to give up but he refuses, Benoit continues to struggle and look for an out from the move, he tries to use momentum to flip Lesnar over, but Brock is far too strong and Benoit can’t get enough leverage. Lesnar then begins to take liberties with Benoit, with clubbing blows to the exposed ribs of Benoit, again the referee asks if Benoit wants to quit but he refuses as the crowd gets behind him. Finally Lesnar realizes that Benoit won’t tap and he delivers a hard knee to the exposed ribs and then releases Benoit from the hold.

Benoit struggles to his feet very slowly and Lesnar gets some confidence in him, but that changes in a hurry as Benoit strikes back with his trademark knife edge chop and then a few forearms to the face of Lesnar, Benoit then runs off the ropes and Lesnar catches him with a knee that takes Benoit down in a hurry. Benoit struggles to get back to his feet and Lesnar attacks with a hard knee to the face of Benoit, the Rabid Wolverine is on one knee and Lesnar clubs him again with a hard right, but Benoit doesn’t stay down, he gets back to his feet and Lesnar drives him down again, but Benoit continues to get back to his feet. Benoit then fights back with a hard right hand to the midsection, followed by another, and another, and then a headbutt to the midsection, Benoit fights to his feet and pushes Lesnar into the corner and traps him in a sleeperhold.. Lesnar struggles for a moment and then lifts Benoit up in a suplex but Benoit lands on his feet behind Lesnar, the champion turns around and Benoit takes him down by the legs and looks for the Sharpshooter, but Lesnar pushes him off.

Benoit gets to his feet at the same time Lesnar does, the champion looks for a right hand but Benoit ducks and again takes him down with both legs, instead of looking for the Sharpshooter, Benoit slingshots him into the corner, Lesnar staggers out of the corner and Benoit grabs him from behind and loads him up for a German Suplex. Benoit continues the hold and delivers a second German, and then a third German Suplex, finally releasing the champion. Benoit struggles to get back to his feet and signals for the end and he climbs to the top rope. Benoit leaps off the top rope and connects with the Diving Headbutt! However, the maneuver hurt Benoit and he struggles to make the cover, finally he does……1….2…..

KICKOUT! Both men get back to their feet and Benoit delivers a few more knife edge chops, backing Lesnar into the corner. Benoit tries to send Lesnar into the corner but Lesnar reverses it and Benoit runs into the turnbuckle sternum first, Benoit comes out of the corner and Lesnar loads him up with a Belly to Belly Suplex! Benoit gets to his feet and Lesnar grabs him from behind in a waist lock, he looks for a German Suplex but Benoit lands behind him and grabs his arm in the Crossface! Lesnar is trapped in the Crossface and looks that he might tap, but then Lesnar reaches for the ropes, he can’t reach it and he uses his raw physical power to push up and reach the bottom rope, breaking the hold.

Lesnar struggles back to his feet and Benoit is right back on him, this time he looks for the Sharpshooter, but once again Lesnar kicks Benoit off of him and into the turnbuckle. Benoit turns around and charges at Lesnar who is ready and he lifts him up, Lesnar has him all loaded up for the F-5, but Benoit manages to escape and land behind him, Benoit grabs Lesnar and locks him in the Crossface once again. Lesnar is down and trapped in the Crossface again, he tries to power his way to the ropes, but he can’t make it on his own, so he rolls through, however he ends up in the center of the ring. Lesnar looks for an escape, refusing to tap out, and tries to roll through one more time, this time Benoit anticipates it and locks him in a cradle pincover….1….2….3!

Spoiler
    Chris Benoit celebrates in the middle of the ring as he has just pinned the WWE Champion, Lesnar looks up in disbelief but then shakes his head, acknowledging that Benoit got the better of him this time. Benoit celebrates in the middle of the ring for a few moments until Lesnar gets to his feet. The crowd starts an “Eddie” chant as Lesnar extends his hand to Benoit and the two men shake hands and then embrace int he Rey Mysterio and chavo Guerrero run down to the ring and the three friends of Eddie Guerrero meet in the ring with the WWE Champion. All four men go to their respective corner and give one last tribute to the crowd with their arm bands, throwing them into the crowd and then pointing to the heavens as the crowd chants ‘Eddie” one last time and cameras shift to the low-rider in the isleway and the last shot is of the hood of the low-rider, with Eddie Guerrero’s t-shirt covered by the WWE Championship as the camera fades.

A video package to “Hurt” by Johnny Cash plays on the big screen, the video package details Eddie Guerrero’s early years, following up to his Malenko/Guerrero match in ECW, to his work in wCw and finally into the WWE, with his Lie, Cheat and Steal gimmick, winning the Intercontinental Championship and celebrating with Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania, both as champions, finally it shows highlights of his match with Brock Lesnar, with the champion holding his hand high after the match, and then highlights of his final match against his best friend, Chris Benoit, before all the memories cascade in flashes as the song ends “In Loving Memory 1967-2005”

End of Show

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RT's Short n' Sweet Review
    As I said in my last review, I didn't really react to the announcement of a Tribute Show for Eddie, but I also stated that I know the amount of respect you had for him and that you would do a fine job. I've read it over and I've seen the work you put into this and I can easily say that you have done just that.

Opening
    The start was exactly what was expected: the roster breaking kayfabe, giving them a moment to soak it all in and just remember. I immediately thought back to the episode of RAW following Owen Hart's death. That hit home for me as I'm sure it did a lot of people. I watched Owen and all of the Hart Foundation when I was a kid and to see guys the size of Mark Henry breaking down in tears was emotional and moving. Shane kept it short and sweet, which I like, and we moved on.

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero
    Chavo rides the Low Rider in to "Viva La Raza". Awesomely brilliant. Chavo and Rey both pay their respects in an interesting way, I really liked that too.

As for the match itself, you caught the emotion perfectly. For someone that wasn't feeling it, I even found myself rooting for Chavo. When Rey kicked out of the Gory Special, I was literally upset. I thought you were going to have Rey win.

Cena/Eddie Guerrero Moment
    I think I found the downfall of your Tribute Show: John Cena. I know these shows don't count for ratings/bookings/etc, but I couldn't take Cena seriously. It might just be my opinion of him but for some reason it seemed really out of place. Maybe I'm just trying to find something bad to say because this show was awesome, who knows?

RVD vs. AJ Styles
    Not a lot to say here other than this was a very solid match and I really liked the outcome. Seems kind of cheap, but meh, I enjoyed seeing AJ Styles get the win in the #1 Contenders Tourney. Hey, I don't call this the Short N' Sweet Review for nothing.

Chavo's Moment
    Once again, you captured the emotion perfectly. You did a bit of history and didn't cheapen the moment. I really liked it.

WGTT vs. Gen Next
    I love the pairing of Shelley and Aries and I love this tournament they have going even more. As we all know, Benjamin and Haas are very underrated and deserve a lot more than they get in the WWE today and I like that you're using them. The fact that you have them in a heated feud with Shelley (one of my favourite wrestlers today) and Aries is just icing on the cake. Great match, I can't wait to see the final outcome.

CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson
    This match was shorter than RVD vs. Styles which I didn't really like. I would've liked to see a much harder and more dramatic match between these two ROH alumni, but even still, the match did its job. Not only did Danielson get the surprise win ( ) but Samoa Joe is now thrown into the mix! Three great ROH superstars all feuding on the grandest stage. This should be good.

Chris Benoit vs. Brock Lesnar
    I liked Lesnar putting the Title on the Low Rider. Pretty cool and I can picture it perfectly.

This match was great and an excellent way to end a night of tribute. Benoit gets a pin on the Champ, and not just any Champ, but Brock Lesnar.

Overall: 9.5/10

A great show all around and even though I didn't think I would be into it, I slowly found myself liking it more and more. Good job man, I can't wait until you start writing regularly this summer.

The Stuff I Liked
    -Opening
    -Eddie Guerrero Moments
    -The Low Rider "mementos"
    -Rey vs. Chavo
    -Styles vs. Danielson next week
    -Joe/CM Punk/Danielson feud
    -Benoit pinning the champ

The Stuff I Didn't Like
    -John Cena's moment seemed forced
    -Punk vs. Danielson could've been a bit longer

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The actual tributes, with the exception of Brock Lesnar (for obvious reasons) were taken directly from the Eddie Guerrero Tribute Show the WWE did, I didn't feel like creating fake emotions as I felt it would cheapen the show. So the John Cena tribute was the same that he gave on the tribute show.

Silver

I don't mean to spam your thread in any way Lethal, but I just finished watching the tribute show as soon as I saw this post. Just an oddly weird coincidence, and because of this coincidence I will likely review your show.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“The Doctor of Thugganomics”
    John Cena

The Doctor of Thugganomics, viewed by many to be the future of the business. John Cena has been a star ever since he arrived in the WWE in 2004. His biggest rival in the company since day one has been Randy Orton. In 2004, John Cena was disgusted at the treatment that Randy Orton was giving legends of the business, specifically Mick Foley. John Cena stood up against Randy Orton at Wrestlemania, however Orton’s alliance with Evolution proved to be the difference as Batista interfered, allowing Orton to pick up the win. Determined to prove that he was superior to Randy Orton one on one, he got his chance at Backlash as the two men battled inside of a 15 foot high steel cage, and John Cena emerged victorious, escaping the cage just before Randy Orton, however nothing felt proven between the two. As their battles raged on, a newfound respect seemed to be growing between the two, a respect that threatened remaining Evolution members Batista and Ric Flair. Randy Orton would get the better of John Cena in the rubber match, a 2/3 Falls Match at Judgment Day, however the match ended with a handshake.

Evolution then turned on Randy Orton during the King of the Ring Tournament, and John Cena came to the aid of Randy Orton and the two started a dominant Tag Team run. Orton & Cena joined Test & Rhyno, Evolution and the Dudley Boyz in a Fatal Fourway Match to crown new Tag Team Champions (Sabu’s injury forced RVD & Sabu to vacate the titles) Orton & Cena came close, however were denied of their chance to win Tag Team gold. The next month, they faced the Tag Team Champions, Test and Rhyno, however were screwed again as Booker T joined Test & Rhyno as the new Triple Threat. John Cena & Randy Orton then went out for revenge, managing to defeat all three members of the Triple Threat in a Handicap Match at Summerslam.

Their quest for gold continued into 2005, as they faced the new champions, the World’s Greatest Tag Team at the Royal Rumble and once again came just short (this time due to interference from Kurt Angle.) John Cena & Randy Orton would then team up in a Tag Team Turmoil Match at No Way Out with a Tag Team title shot as the prize, however an injury to John Cena prevented Cena & Orton from winning the match. A frustrated Randy Orton attacked John Cena, turning on his partner. John Cena would return during the King of the Ring Tournament, eventually making it to the finals against Randy Orton. Cena would get his revenge by winning the match, and the prize, a WWE title shot.

John Cena then began a bitter feud with Stone Cold Steve Austin heading into Vengeance, as the two experts of trash talk got into several brawls before eventually settling it one on one, In a match that was just short of Best of 2005 status, John Cena and Stone Cold left it all in the ring, however as the fans slowly began to turn against John Cena and pro-Stone Cold, Cena locked in the STFU, forcing Steve Austin to tap out and the crowd that began the match pro-Cena, now nearly rioted.

The Doctor of Thugganomics then got the chance of a life-time, to face the WWE Champion, Brock Lesnar. In the weeks leading into Summerslam, Cena began to grow more and more violent, attacking Brock Lesnar in the back, blindsiding him wherever possible, trying to gain an advantage against the champion, however it was to no success, as Brock Lesnar survived and successfully defended the championship against John Cena at Summerslam.

John Cena is no longer the fan favorite that he was when he entered the company, in fact the fans turned on him, but John Cena doesn’t care about the fans, or his fellow workers, all he cares about is one thing, the WWE Championship, and he will stop at nothing, and do anything to win it.
    Last edited by Jay Lethal; 05-30-2007 at 12:39 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ is here…KJ is here…

OK, Jay Lethal second SupeRaw is the Eddie Guerrero tribute show and as many know (especially Jay), I’m not very thrilled with this concept. The little tribute videos are simple transcripts of the real ones and while I know how much Jay loved Eddie like we all do, I find this in poor taste all around.

Hidden beneath these matches is an advancement of storylines that is at least placed in subtly. The show I guess is more in-line with Owen is Raw as opposed to the Eddie show, but the whole thing feels…forced.

Anyways…I don’t read matches, so yeah, skipping ahead. I guess I’ll just examine the little angles playing out, since there isn’t much to say on the promo-front.

Rey/Chavo is a good pairing. I don’t know if they’ll continue any kind of storyline, but it makes sense. Even though you got the title match as the ME, I would have had these two go on last probably.

At least this is a storyline-progressing match. I really hate RVD, despite how well I’ve seen you push him. I’m really banking on Styles getting the big push, but I don’t think he will. I just don’t see you booking a Styles/Lesnar feud.

WGTT and Gen Next is a feud I could bust at least six or seven nuts over just to watch the matches. You know I absolutely love Shelley and Aries and while I hate Shelton in singles matches, when paired with Haas he’s absolute gold. I really want to see these two teams locked into a feud that spans years, much like the E&C Dynasty and the Hardyz. Hats off for this booking.

Punk/Danielson are each just awesome and I’m surprised this match was as short as it was. But you injected Joe and now we’ve got the fathers of RoH all in a feud together. Toss in Low Ki or Christopher Daniles and we’ve got the entire legendary staff of RoH. So yeah, I hope this develops into something interesting rather then a mundane feud between them. I need something better at the root of it then “I’m the best…No…I’m the best…Uh uh…I’m the best.”

I know where this is going, but I like seeing Benoit get the pin, simply because of the show’s significance. So yeah, good job there.

I’m sorry the reviews so short and I’m sorry I don’t have a lot to say. It’s hard for me to read this, and you know that. I’m looking forward to the next show where we get a true Raw.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From WWE.com

High Stakes

After an emotional night of tribute, SUPERAW returns to business as usual and the stakes are high as we move closer to the Royal Rumble and kick off the Road to Wrestlemania.

The WWE Champion has had a rough couple of weeks, at Reborn he was attacked and left a bloody mess by the newly formed group of John Cena, Homicide and Low Ki. Will the WWE Champion get his revenge for the vicious beating two weeks ago? Also last week, an emotional Chris Benoit scored a pinfall over the champion, how will Brock Lesnar react?

The #1 Contenders Tournament continues to determine a challenger for Samoa Joe at the Royal Rumble. AJ Styles scored an impressive victory over Rob Van Dam, while Bryan Danielson scored a tainted victory of his own over CM Punk. Will the technical expertise of Bryan Danielson prove superior, or will the high risk offense of AJ Styles reward him with a shot at the Samoan Submission Machine?

Speaking of tournaments, the battles between Generation Next and World's Greatest Tag Team have been rising in intensity, World's Greatest Tag Team had the chance to finish off Generation Next last week, but Aries and Shelley dug deep and pulled out a huge victory, at High Stakes, they will have the third and final match of the Best 2/3 Series. Will Generation Next be able to finish the comeback, or will the World's Greatest Tag Team prove that they are in fact, the World's Greatest Tag Team?

At High Stakes, three superstars will make their SUPERAW debut, Andrew Martin (formally known) as Test will make his debut, facing David Flair, son of the legendary Nature Boy, Ric Flair. Also, Jimmy Rave will make his SUPERAW debut against an opponent selected personally by Mick Foley.

Finally, we will hear from both Kurt Angle and Sting for the first time in this new SUPERAW season, as well as words from Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio, all this and more in an exciting night of High Stakes

Occasionally Jick

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never read anything of yours, Jay, so I have no idea of previous storylines before this show.

Nice video package and speech from Shane. So this is a tribute show, I like it. Eddie definately deserves one. Similar to the actual tribute, no attempts at kayfabe, just mourning.

Emotional speech from Brock, very nice. Seems very realistic.

Rey/Chavo
    Chavo riding the low rider was cool. He and Rey both pay their respects, which was expected. Great match, and Chavo winning was nice. The 'Eddie' chant feels a little..OTT.

RVD/AJ
    Unsure about a storyline advancing match on a tribute show. It kind of makes it...not a tribute show. Good match though, but the ending felt a little contrived.

WGTT/GenNext
    I liked this match a lot. You used all 4 guys well, and I actually loved the ending. Lame name for the finisher though.

Punk/AmDrag
    Decent match from these 2. A little short though, and I wasn't a huge fan of the Joe interference. Hopefully something develops there and we get a decent length match, which , with your writing, I'm sure would be awesome.

Lesnar/Benoit
    A good match, and Benoit picks up the emotional victory. The emotional ending to the show, with Brock putting the title on the Low Rider is cool.

Overall, I felt a little weird reading this. I'm not sure whether I liked it or not. The writing was great, and all the matches wree good, though the Punk/Danielson match could have done with being a little longer. It's just...I'm not sure the emotion of a tribute show can be adequately conveyed in Fan Fic. Nothing against you, but I feel tribute shows are probably best steered clear of. I'll be reading whatever you write next though, as I can see you're one of the better match writers around.

Sports Empire Rookie of the Year 2007
    Sports Empire MVP 2008 & 2009

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWE SUPERAW 2006
    HIGH STAKES
    Date:
    Monday January 16th, 2006
    Venue: Superdome
    Announcers: Joey Styles and John Bradshaw Layfield
    Written By: Jay Lethal

The parental advisory warning flashes across television screens in North America and around the world before the WWE SUPERAW video monologue plays to ‘This Could Be Anywhere In The World’ by Alexisonfire. The video package includes such superstars as Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Brock Lesnar, Edge, Randy Orton, John Cena, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, CM Punk and Bryan Danielson. The video package ends and the cameras shift to the sold out Superdome in New Orleans, Louisana as explosions rock the stage and the crowd comes alive. The camera pans the live audience focusing in on several signs including an Eddie Guerrero sign, a Brock Lesnar sign, and several John Cena signs before the camera shifts to the announcers table with Joey Styles and John Bradshaw Layfield.

Joey Styles: “Welcome everybody to another exciting edition of WWE SUPERAW, tonight the stakes could not be higher as AJ Styles meets Bryan Danielson, the winner will face Samoa Joe at the Royal Rumble for the Intercontinental Championship.”

John Bradshaw Layfield: “High Stakes indeed Joey Styles, but that’s not all, tonight the third and final installment, the World’s Greatest Tag Team, Generation Next, the winners will face America’s Most Wanted at the Royal Rumble for the WWE Tag Team Championship”

Joey Styles: “Also two weeks ago Brock Lesnar was left broken and beaten in the ring, how will the champion respond against John Cena here tonight?”

John Bradshaw Layfield: “Not to mention there have been rumors circulating around this building all day that Kurt Angle and Sting, two legends in this business, both will be making an appearance tonight, and I understand that both of them have a huge announcement to make."

‘Go To Sleep’ by Eminem hits the speakers and Homicide and Low Ki appear on the stage to a chorus of boos from the crowd. Homicide and Low Ki look and then part ways allowing John Cena to appear in between them. John Cena, Homicide and Low Ki make their way to the ring as a unit, and they stop right at the ring area. Homicide and Low Ki start mouthing off to some of the fans at ringside while John Cena slides into the ring and grabs a microphone from Lilian Garcia, Homicide and Low Ki finish talking smack to the crowd and then slide into the ring.

John Cena: “Alright, everybody in the locker-room, all the fans listen up because I am only going to say this once. Two weeks ago, Brock Lesnar, I made a promise, and that promise was that I would walk out of the ring, out of the arena with my hand raised high, carrying that World Title, leaving you in a broken, beaten man. And that is exactly what happened to you that week. Now, I gave you that title back, and you have an opportunity in front of you Brock, you can either bring your ass down here, so that I can beat you and take it from you, or Homicide, Low Ki and myself can take this fight backstage and beat you down like the bitch that you are.”

The crowd boos Cena for a few seconds and then starts encouraging Lesnar to come out and silence John Cena but that’s not the case as their chants are interrupted by a familiar sound, the sound of a car wreck as Mick Foley appears on the stage to a huge pop from the crowd as Mick Foley stands on the stage with a microphone in hand.

Mick Foley: “John Cena, perhaps this is how you got title shots back in the “Attitude” era, by trying to come out here and get in the champions head to trick him into giving you a title shot, but that’s not how things work when I am in charge. You see, when I am in charge, you have to earn your way John, you don’t get what you want through intimidation. In fact I wonder if you would be so quick to call Brock Lesnar down to the ring without those two street thugs Homicide and Ki in the ring. But I am a fair man, and more importantly I am a man of the people, and so I have an idea about how we can solve this problem.”

John Cena: “Listen here you washed up stunt man, I understand that you were a big star in your day, but your taking up John Cena’s time, and you want to talk about a problem, you will have a problem if Brock Lesnar doesn’t bring his ass down here so that John Cena can kick it.”

Mick Foley: “John, I don’t think that you understand what I am trying to say, so I am going to say it really slow, and hope that it sinks in. Brock Lesnar is not coming down to the ring, in fact I have given Brock Lesnar the night off after the last two weeks. If you want Brock Lesnar, I am going to give you an opportunity at Brock Lesnar, all you have to do, is beat the man who made him tap out last week, you understand what I am saying Cena, I am talking about John Cena and Chris Benoit, one on one in that ring tonight, winner will get a chance at Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble.”

The crowd instantly pops at the announcement and are in love with the idea of either Lesnar/Cena or Lesnar/Benoit at the Royal Rumble. John Cena on the other hand is livid in the ring and considers charging at Mick Foley, but Homicide and Low Ki hold him back, preventing him from making a mistake.

Mick Foley: “HAVE A NICE DAY CENA!”

Mick Foley’s music plays once again and he raises his hand in the air as the crowd continues to erupt at the Main Event announcement as SUPERAW takes its first commercial break.

Commercial Break
    Last edited by Jay Lethal; 06-20-2007 at 10:04 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Royal Rumble Moment: The year is 2001, Kane enters at #6 and eliminated 11 men lasting over an hour in the Royal Rumble. Stone Cold Steve Austin is assaulted by Triple H, and Austin/Kane are the last two men in the Royal Rumble, Austin hits Kane with a Steel Chair putting him over the top rope to win his third Royal Rumble.

When WWE SUPERAW returns, we are shown video footage of an earlier meeting today in Mick Foley’s office. Mick Foley is alone sitting in his office when the sound of a door opening is heard and the camera shifts as a well dressed black man enters the ring.

Mick Foley: “Hello, you must be Prince Nana, I’ve been looking forward to meeting you in person”

Foley holds out his hand to shake the hand of Prince Nana, however Nana looks at him in disgust, finally Foley realizes that the handshake isn’t going to happen and he pulls back.

Prince Nana: “I trust that all the arrangements have been made for the Crown Jewel’s debut tonight”

Mick Foley: “All the arrangements that you requested have been made, the Crown Jewel, this Jimmy Rave……”

Prince Nana: “How dare a peasant like you even utter the name of Jimmy Rave, you will address him only as the Crown Jewel.”

Mick Foley: “Very well, the Crown Jewel will debut tonight as agreed, not only that but a debut of this nature should be special and so I have arranged that the winner of this match tonight will face the WWE Cruiserweight Champion at the Royal Rumble.”

Prince Nana: “And out of curiosity, what pathetic groveling worm have you appointed to be the first victim of Jimmy Rave?”

Mick Foley: “I wanted to test the skills of your Crown Jewel to see if he is all that you claim him to be, so with that in mind I selected one of the very best superstars in our business…Paul London”

The confident look of Prince Nana gets shaken at the mention of Paul London as the camera cuts back to the present time backstage at the Toyota Center where the beautiful Maria Kanellis is standing by with the Legend Killer, Randy Orton.

Maria Kanellis: “What a night tonight is shaping out to be, major announcements expected from Kurt Angle, and Sting, and now the announced Main Event of Chris Benoit and John Cena, but right now I am standing with Randy Orton.

A frustrated Randy Orton barely allows Maria to finish her sentence before he violently rips the microphone from her small hands.

Randy Orton: “Maria, do the world a favour and shut up, your wasting precious oxygen. You know no matter what I do, I always end up being overlooked. I retire legend after legend, after damn legend, and Edge takes my spotlight away by beating some zombie. And then, last week I make an impact, attacking Edge, but what do people talk about, John Cena and his new little street gang. Earlier this week, I went and told WWE.com that I had a major announcement to make, but what happens, oh Kurt Angle and Sting have an announcement, so who cares what Randy Orton has to say. Well, here is what I have to say, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING OVERLOOKED IN THIS BUSINESS, I am the Legend Killer! And I am here tonight, to officially enter the Royal Rumble, and when I win the Royal Rumble, I will finally get the respect that I des…..”

Randy Orton is cut off as he is suddenly speared to the floor by EDGE! The Enigmatic Edge continues his assault with right hands as trainers and backstage staff quickly appears on the scene to separate the two superstars before any damage can be done. Edge is being held back screaming at Orton, as the Legend Killer is looked over by the training staff and we are taken back to the main arena where the crowd is silent as Prince Nana appears on the stage.

Prince Nana: “Ladies and Gentlemen, peasants, put your hands together, get off your feet and stand in reverence for the Crown Jewel of Prince Nana’s empire, JIMMY RAVB”

‘Parade of the Charioteers’ hits the speakers and several of the Prince’s servants appear on the stage laying down a golden carpet on the entrance ramp as Jimmy Rave appears on the stage, clothed in a golden robe as he walks down the ring on the golden carpet. Jimmy Rave looks at Nana who smiles as Jimmy Rave climbs the ring apron and steps into the ring. Jimmy Rave showcases himself to the crowd who react by massively booing him, gaining him instant massive heel heat. The crowd continues to boo him until ‘Battle Without Honor or Humanity’ blasts over the speakers and the crowd’s boos turn to cheers as the entire arena erupts and Paul London appears on the stage to a massive pop from the crowd. London walks towards the ring, conversing with the crowd where possible before climbing the steps and stepping through the ring ropes, meeting his opponent in the center of the ring.

For a WWE Cruiserweight Title Shot at the Royal Rumble
    Jimmy Rave w/Prince Nana vs. Paul London

Both men lock up in the center of the ring and Paul London does a go behind with a waist lock, before taking him to the canvas. Rave gets back to his feet and then rolls through the hold to escape it. London gets back to his feet, and they lock up again, London locks him in a headlock and Rave pushes him off to the ropes, Rave then executes a leap frog, but London puts on the breaks. When Rave lands, London is right in front of him and London takes him over with a side headlock. Rave struggles for a moment and then wraps his legs around the head of London, but London maneuvers around and then flips out of the move landing on his feet,

Rave quickly backs off and then is about to lock up with London again, but he backs off at the last moment. Rave then completely backs away from London and the crowd really gets on his case, forcing Rave to lock up with a motivated London. London gains the advantage and comes out of the lock with the leg of Jimmy Rave, which he twists with a dragon screw, taking Rave down. London is quick to his feet and he grabs Rave by the leg, however the Crown Jewel pushes London off of him.

Both men get back to their feet again, Rave drops to his knees and then lifts London with a fireman’s carry, into a headlock. London gets back to his feet and pushes Rave into the ropes and knocks him down with a shoulder. Rave gets to his feet and he connects with a Drop Sault which knocks Rave through the ropes to the floor. Prince Nana comes over to check on his Crown Jewel as London runs off the ropes looking for a suicide dive, but Nana pulls him away and London puts on the break. Rave thinks that he has escaped, but London springboards over the top rope with a crossbody that takes both Jimmy Rave and Prince Nana out on the floor.

London gets back to his feet and he lifts up Rave, throwing him into the ring, he then climbs to the top rope and prepares for another high risk assault but Prince Nana gets up and knocks him off balance and he lands uncomfortably on the top rope. Rave gets to his feet and notices that London is off balanced on the top rope and he climbs up, and hooks up London for a super-plex but London manages to fight off the attack, he knocks off Rave from the top rope and climbs back up. He waits for Rave to get to his feet and he leaps off, but Rave surprises him with a dropkick to the stomach, driving both the wind and momentum from Paul London! Rave covers but London kicks out at two.

Rave delivers a stiff kick to the back of London, he then pushes London into the corner and climbs to the second rope, he starts unleashing a series of right hands, but London manages to counter by dropping Rave face first on the turnbuckle, London delivers a couple forearm shots and then throws Rave into the ropes and lowers his head, Rave puts on the breaks and catches London with a kick. Rave then throws London into the ropes and does a low bridge as London leaps over him before Rave delivers a hard knee to the stomach of London. Rave gets to his feet first and waits for London to get to his feet, he looks for a soft kick and London catches his foot, but his reflexes aren’t fast enough to avoid the Enziguri. Rave covers…..1….2… kickout.

Rave gets to his feet and waits for London, he gets to his feet slowly and Rave grabs him and throws him into the opposite corner, London springboards and flips off the ropes as Rave charges in and runs into the turnbuckle and then he surprises Rave with another Drop Sault into the corner. Rave stumbles out of the corner and London connects with a kick to the leg, taking Rave down to one knee, before a vicious kick to the back of the head which takes Rave down. London covers….1….2….kickout. London begins to get frustrated and he waits for Rave to get to his feet, London runs off the ropes and springboards off the second rope into a sunset flip, but Rave rolls through the flip and lands on his feet, before connecting with a dropkick to the face of London. Rave covers….1….2….kickout!

London struggles to get to his feet and Rave slaps him, trying to humiliate him, he slaps him again, and again, but this time London fires back with a slap to the face of Rave, the two men exchange open hand slaps for a moment as London gets to his feet. London scores with a couple forearm shots but Rave scores with a thumb to the eye. Rave throws London into the corner but London reverses and charges in as Rave ducks, sending London over the top rope to the ring apron. Rave then scores with an elbow, and then tries to suplex London back into the ring, but London blocks it, and then scores with a hard shoulder into the stomach of Rave, knocking him back. London then springboards off the top rope into a Dropkick which takes down Jimmy Rave. London then jumps back to his feet and signals for the end, climbing to the top rope.

As London climbs, Prince Nana once again draws his attention, Rave gets to his feet and he knocks London off the top rope. Rave then delivers a couple more slaps to the face of Paul London, before climbing to the top rope, he signals for the end and he looks for a Hurricanrana off the top rope, but London holds on and Rave crashes hard to the canvas. Rave is down and London is purched on the top rope, London leaps off and connects with the 450 Splash! London covers….1…..2……3

Spoiler
    The Referee raises Paul London’s arm in victory as Prince Nana helps Jimmy Rave out of the ring, however suddenly the crowd begins to rile up, Paul London turns around and doesn’t have time to react as Petey Williams flips over him and connects with the CANADIAN DESTROYER! The WWE Cruiserweight Champion stands over the fallen Paul London and holds the WWE Cruiserweight Title in the air, yelling at Paul London that he had better be ready at the Royal Rumble.

Joey Styles, “What a cheap attack by Petey Williams, after a hard fought match, he blindsides an unexpecting Paul London!”

John Bradshaw Layfield, “Half of wrestling is mental, and that’s what Petey Williams is doing right now, getting inside the head of Paul London!”

The crowd continues to boo and jeer Petey Williams, before the camera shifts to Kurt Angle walking through the halls of the Toyota Center to a nice pop from the crowd.

Joey Styles, “Kurt Angle has a huge announcement to make later tonight!”

Commercial Break

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrestlemania Moment: The Rock and Hollywood Hulk Hogan go eye to eye, nose to nose as the past met the present at Wrestlemania X-8 in Toronto, Canada

When WWE SUPERAW returns we are taken backstage to the locker-room of the legendary Nature Boy, Ric Flair. However this time it is not the Nature Boy preparing for battle, like he did all those years ago, now it is his son, David Flair preparing for his first ever WWE match.

Ric Flair: “Tonight is the night David, tonight is the night that you walk that line; that you go out, style and profile just like the Nature Boy!”

David Flair: “Yeah, I know, and I am ready for whatever Andrew Martin has for me tonight, its time for me to make my own mark on this business.”

Ric Flair: “That’s what I want to hear, go out and show the world that Flair name is not only alive, but better than ever……WOOOOO!”

David Flair: “WOOOOOO”

The two men exchange a few more WOOO’s before the camera shifts away from the Father and Son and back to the beautiful Maria Kanellis at the RAW interview area, where she is standing by with Olympic Gold Medalist, Kurt Angle!

Maria Kanellis: “Kurt Angle, former WWE champion and Olympic Gold Medalist, welcome back, you asked for this time earlier this week, what’s on your mind?”

Kurt Angle: “Thanks Maria, over the last few months I have a lot of time on my hands to think, to think about my place in this promotion and in this business, an I had just one question to ask myself, and that is Kurt Angle, are you the best in the world right now. And it hurt to admit this, but Kurt Angle is not the best wrestler in the world right now, because Kurt Angle is not the WWE champion. But that’s going to change. This is a message right now, not just to the WWE Champion, but to the rest of the locker-room, Kurt Angle is back and better than ever, and whoever the WWE Champion is, better grow eyes in the back of his head, because Kurt Angle is coming for that title, and I can think of no better time to win that title, than Wrestlemania, so Kurt Angle is officially entering the Royal Rumble with one purpose, to win the Royal Rumble, and win the WWE Title at Wrestlemania!”

The camera catches the stare of Kurt Angle for a couple of seconds before Kurt Angle walks away, leaving Maria Kanellis alone as SUPERAW takes another commercial break.

Commercial Break

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Royal Rumble Moment: Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels start the 2004 Royal Rumble at #1 and #2, and then end the Royal Rumble being the last two in the ring, both men go over the top rope and Michaels’ feet hit the ground first, resulting in Chris Jericho winning the Royal Rumble.

When WWE SUPERAW returns from commercial break we are taken into the locker-room of John Cena where he is joined by the Rottweilers, Homicide and Low Ki.

John Cena: “Tonight, I don’t want to take any chances, at the Royal Rumble I am gonna bring the pain to Brock Lesnar, so go find Chris Benoit and end this before our match even starts.”

With their orders given, the street soldiers Homicide and Low Ki leave the locker-room as John Cena sits down to prepare himself mentally for his match with chris Benoit later tonight. The camera then shifts again to Maria Kanellis at the RAW interview area where she is joined by Test, now known as Andrew Martin and Stacy Kiebler.

Maria Kanellis: “Andrew Martin, tonight in your debut match this year, you face the son of the Legendary Nature Boy, Ric Flair, what are your thoughts heading into this huge match?”

Andrew Martin: “Tonight, is the debut of David Flair, son of the legendary Nature Boy, and I plan to make that debut a living hell. You see tonight David Flair steps into that ring, with the real impact player in this company, Andrew Martin. Tonight, I am going to beat David Flair in front of his own man, just to show him that just because his last name is Flair, doesn’t mean that he belongs in this business. Tonight, I teach him a lesson that he will never forget.”

Andrew Martin forcefully hands the microphone back to Maria as ‘Out of My Way’ by Seether hits he speakers and the camera follows Andrew Martin & Stacy Kiebler to the main entrance ramp as he steps through the curtains and the cameras continue to follow him down to the ring. Andrew Martin slides into the ring as ‘Space Oddessy 2001’ hits the speakers and David Flair, dressed in the same glorious robes as his old man steps out of the curtains with his father (dressed in a power suit) behind him. David Flair walks down to the ring, steps up to the apron and then into the ring. Flair removes his robes and Martin immediately jumps him.

David Flair (with Ric Flair) vs. Andrew Martin (with Stacy Kiebler)

Martin is on top of him quickly with clubbing forearms. He lifts him to his feet slowly and then sends him into the ropes, Flair bounces out of the corner and Martin charges at him with a clothesline, knocking Flair down. Test takes a moment to mouth off to Ric Flair, who is on the outside before he turns his attention back to David Flair in the ring. He lifts up David Flair in the corner and begins to deliver a series of knee strikes to the ribs of Flair, and then some elbow strikes to the back of the head. Martin throws Flair back into the corner and charges in again, but this time Flair gets his foot up and Martin runs right into it.

Martin staggers around for a moment and then Flair begins his assault, first with a right hand to the face of Martin, followed by a hard right hand, a thumb to the eye and another right hand that knocks Martin down. Test gets back to his feet and Flair grabs him by the head and takes him over with a headlock takedown. Test tries to get back to his feet, but Flair holds him down for a few moments and Test slams the mat in frustration. Martin then gets to one knee and then back to both feet, he sends Flair into the ropes and scores a knockdown. Martin then runs off the ropes and Flair ducks down, Martin comes off the ropes again on the rebound and this time Flair scores with an arm drag takedown. Martin gets to his feet quickly and Flair surprises Martin with a dropkick, which knocks Martin to the outside of the ring and Flair is in control.

Stacy Kiebler runs over to comfort Andrew Martin who gets to his feet and again slams the apron in frustration. He slides back into the ring and locks up with Flair in the center of the ring, Martin scores a headlock and Flair fights, pushing him into the ropes, again Martin scores with a knockdown. Martin then runs off the ropes and Test leaps over him and then puts on the break, looking for an Elbow Drop, but Flair moves at the last moment. Martin gets to his feet and Flair scores with a knife edge chop and the crowd gets behind him. Flair scores with another knife edge chop, backing Martin into the ropes, Flair then sends Martin into the ropes but Martin reverses and looks for the Big Boot but Flair ducks and puts on the breaks. Martin turns around and Flair drops him with an Atomic Drop and then a chopblock. Flair then looks for the Figure Four but Martin kicks Flair off and then slides to the outside once again.

Flair then looks as if he is going to make a high risk move, but Test grabs him by the leg and tries to pull him out to the floor, however Flair grabs the ropes and kicks Test in the face, knocking him back. Flair gets to his feet and he runs off the ropes, flying through the ropes with a suicide dive as you can hear a loud “WOOO” from his father. Flair sends Martin back into the ropes and covers….1….2……kickout. Flair grabs Martin by the foot and again tries the Figure Four Leg Lock, but Test pushes him off, Test gets to his feet and nearly turns Flair inside out with a clothesline. Test covers but Flair kicks out.

Test is in control of the match now and he sends Flair hard into the turnbuckle and then executes a perfect high back body drop as the pain is evident on Flair’s face. Test decides to take it slow and delivers a few clubbing blows to the back of Flair and then locks him in an Abdominal Stretch, working on the ribs of Flair. The referee checks on Flair and Test uses the opportunity to use the ropes, the referee checks on Test who releases the ropes before he is caught. He does it two more times and on the third time the referee forces him to break the hold, although the damage is done to the ribs of Flair. Flair struggles to his feet and Test grabs him in a bear hug, continuing to work on the ribs of Flair. He lifts Flair into the air and throws him around like a rag doll and the referee forces Test to give him some space.

Flair continues to struggle under the attack of Test and staggers to his feet. Test waits for Flair to get to his feet and then he is on the attack, with a stiff backbreaker that even Ric Flair can feel from the outside. The pain is evident again on the face of David Flair as test lifts him up for another backbreaker and Flair screams in pain. Test then talks some smack talk to Ric Flair before turning his attention back to David, he whips David into the corner with such velocity that Flair falls to the ground. Test laughs at Flair as he struggles back to his feet and then yells at him, goating him to his feet. Test throws Flair into the corner again, and charges in but this time Flair falls down and Test runs into the corner. Flair then tries a rollup, but Test is able to kick out. Flair gets to his feet and tries to lock Test up in a small package but again Test kicks out. Test gets back to his feet and knocks Flair down with a hard clothesline.

Test is the first to his feet and he looks at Flair struggling to get to his feet, he signals for the end and locks him in a Full Nelson, looking for the Full Nelson Slam but Flair maneuvers out of it into a backslide but Test kicks out. Flair tries to send Test into the ropes but Martin reverses and looks for the Big Boot but Flair ducks it and then lands an atomic drop, and then a series of right hands, staggering Test. Flair then runs off the ropes and runs into a BIG BOOT from Test, silencing the crowd instantly.

Test has the opportunity to pin Flair, but instead he takes a moment to mouth off the Nature Boy again, he turns around and places a foot over Flair, in a cocky pin cover. The referee counts….1…..2…….KICKOUT! Flair kicked out and Test cannot believe it. Test signals for the end and sets him up for the Pumphandle Slam but Flair elbows out of it and then lands a low blow behind the referee’s back. Test turns around and Flair scores with a DDT! Flair grabs Test by the leg and looks to lock in the Figure Four , however Test punches his way out of it. Test gets to his feet and Flair gets a small package….1….2….3!

Spoiler
    Flair slides out of the ring super fast as Test gets to his feet enraged, however Flair has already left the ring. The Nature Boy comes over to his son and congratulates him as Test argues and pleads with the referee and the cameras double shift to the backstage, we see both Generation Next and the World’s Greatest Tag Team preparing for the third and final match of the Best 2/3 tournament.

Commercial Break

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the year 2005, new heroes emerged, legends said goodbye and higher levels of violence and innovation were reached. Superstars like Samoa Joe, CM Punk, AJ Styles, Bryan Danielson and Edge became house hold names. Witness their climb to the top, and some of the biggest moments of 2005 in the Best of 2005 show, available all month on WWE 24/7.

After the commercials, a short video package highlights the recent tournament between Generation Next and the World’s Greatest Tag Team.

It begins with Mick Foley announcing the tournament and some smack talk that happened before the first match. Some dramatic music cues and it shows an Austin Aries Somersault Plancha, Gen Next teaming to Frankenstiener Haas, Haas belly to belly suplex, the World’s Greatest Double Team and then Benjamin springboarding into a bulldog to pin Aries. Then highlights from the second match with Haas’s German Suplex, Shelley with Sliced Bread #2, Benjamin’s Dragon Whip, World’s Greatest Tag Team missing the Doomsday Device and Generation Next hitting the High Low to tie the series. Some more random shots fill the screen in super fast motion before it fades to black as the third installment is about to begin.

‘Guilty’ hits the speakers and the World Tag Team Champions, America’s Most Wanted appear on the stage to a nice pop from the crowd. AMW walk down to the ring and then walk around ringside before meeting up with Joey Styles and John Bradshaw Layfield at the announcers table.

Joey Styles: “It seems as though we are being joined by the World Tag Team Champions, Chris Harris and James Storm, America’s Most Wanted”

John Bradshaw Layfield: “I have a question for you, we’ve seen two incredible matches between these two spectacular team, before we lock ourselves in for a third encounter, who do you want to defend the titles against at the Royal Rumble”

Chris Harris: “It doesn’t matter to America’s Most Wanted. Generation Next, World’s Greatest Tag Team, listen up cause were only gonna say this once, whoever wins tonight, you had better be ready for an old fashion brawl at the Royal Rumble, because your gonna have to damn near kill us, to take these titles from us. And to whoever loses tonight…”

James Storm: “Sorry bout your damn luck boys”

‘World’s Greatest’ hits the speakers and the World’s Greatest Tag Team appear on the stage to a chorus of boos from the crowd. The boos don’t seem to affect Benjamin or Haas in the slightest, as they continue their march to the ring. Once they get there, the Wu Tang Clan hits the speakers as ‘Generation Next Ain’t Nothin’ sounds off and Austin Aries and Alex Shelley step through the curtains to a huge pop. Aries and Shelley run down to the ring and slide in, and the World’s Greatest Tag Team are on them instantly.

Generation Next vs. World’s Greatest Tag Team

The match begins with all four men battling hard in the middle of the ring, Aries and Benjamin both fight to the outside leaving Alex Shelley alone in the ring with Charlie Haas. Charlie Haas grabs Alex Shelley and bounces his head off the turnbuckle and then delivers an elbow to the side of the head of Shelley. Haas continues to work over Shelley in the corner with a few more shots, but Alex Shelley fights out with a knife edge chop that knocks down Charlie Haas. Shelley then delivers another shot which knocks down Haas again, and then Shelley makes a tag to Austin Aries.

Aries goes right on the attack with a suplex on Haas, he covers but Haas easily kicks out before the referee even counts to 2. Aries then throws Haas off the ropes and scores with an arm drag takedown, floating over into a standing dropkick. Aries doesn’t even give Haas a second, he runs off the ropes and executes a senton splash, he then covers Haas again, but once again Haas kicks out easily. Haas is slow to get to his feet, Aries makes sure he stays down with a kick to the back, he then grabs Haas and moves him into the Generation Next corner, tagging in Alex Shelley.

Shelley comes into the ring and takes Haas down quickly with a dropkick. Shelley executes a 2nd dropkick which backs Haas back into the ropes, Shelley then grabs Haas and throws him into the ropes, however Haas sees him coming and he throws him over the top rope to the floor and makes the tag to Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin immediately runs over and knocks down Austin Aries. Benjamin then goes over and Haas points to the outside at Shelley and Benjamin runs off the ropes, looking like he is about to get up. Benjamin runs at Shelley however Aries is back on his feet and he springboards into the ring with a missile dropkick. Shelley recovers and gets back into the ring as the referee forces Aries out of the ring, Shelley backs Benjamin into the corner. Shelley throws Benjamin into the corner, he bounces out and Shelley connects with a spinning heel kick. Shelley covers and Haas interrupts the count.

Shelley moves Benjamin over to the corner and tags in Aries, he then slingshots Benjamin at Aries who connects with a dropkick. Aries flips into a cover on Benjamin, but he kicks out just as easily as before. Generation Next tags again and Shelley comes in with a backbreaker on Shelton Benjamin. Shelley then delivers an atomic drop on Benjamin and then runs off the ropes with a modified neckbreaker on Benjamin. Shelley then sits Benjamin up, locking Benjamin in a full nelson (using his legs instead of his arms, pulling both arms back). Shelley manages to maneuver the submission maneuver into a pinning combination but Benjamin manages to get his shoulder up. Shelley gets to his feet quickly and he delivers a stiff kick to the back of Benjamin’s head.

Shelley makes the tag to Aries, Shelley then runs at Aries and executes a kick flip, nailing Benjamin in the chest and landing perfectly on his feet. Aries then charges at Benjamin and slides underneath to the outside of the ring, pulling him down face first against the canvas. Shelley is on the apron now and he springboards back into the ring with a legdrop. The referee forces Shelley out of the ring as Aries slides in and covers, the referee turns around and makes the cover but Benjamin is able to kick out. Aries throws Benjamin into the ropes but Benjamin reverses and lowers his head and Aries delivers a kick in the face. Aries then charges at Benjamin who surprises Aries with a quick release Belly to Belly Suplex. Benjamin then makes the tag to his partner Charlie Haas.

Haas is finally into the ring with fury, he knocks down Shelley on the outside and then delivers a couple of stiff European Uppercuts to the face of Austin Aries. He then throws Aries into the ropes and he drives a knee into Austin Aries. Haas covers but Aries easily kicks out. Haas gets to his feet first and he grabs him and connects with a quick snap suplex. Haas throws Aries into the corner and begins to wear him down with a series of right hands. Haas tags in Benjamin and Haas throws Aries into the corner. Benjamin is right behind him, he throws Aries into the opposite corner. Haas then lifts up Aries and positions him perfectly as Benjamin runs off the ropes and the World’s Greatest Tag Team connect with the World’s Greatest Double Team! Shelton Benjamin makes the cover and Alex Shelley makes the save.

Shelton Benjamin runs over to Alex Shelley and knocks him off the ring apron and then turns to Austin Aries and fires a right hand, Aries fires back and the two men start exchanging blows in the center of the ring. Aries gets the upper hand and knocks Benjamin back towards the ropes and charges but Benjamin surprises him with a drop-toe hold. At the right moment Haas runs over and scores with a knee to the head of Austin Aries. Haas gets the tag and comes into the ring, Haas picks up Aries and scores with a Back Suplex, he then runs off the ropes and scores with a quick leg drop. Haas then quickly locks Aries in a headlock and then begins to wear him down. He repositions himself by stretching the arms of Aries and then drives his knee into the back of Aries, adding more pressure. Aries fights to his feet attempting to power out of the move, but Haas grabs Aries in a waist lock and puts him back on the mat, floating over into another side headlock.

Haas continues to wear down Aries in the middle of the ring as the crowd gets behind him. Aries gets back to his feet slowly, but Haas quickly regains leverage and traps him in a bodyscissors with a headlock, slowly but surely wearing down Aries, trying to cut off the blood circulation to the head of Aries. The referee comes over and notices that Aries is fading and he raises his arm and its falls, he repeats the step again with the same result. Again he repeats the result, but this time Aries gets his arm up and gets back to his feet, he delivers an elbow, trying to loosen Haas’ grip, but Haas grabs Aries by the head and throws him to the mat with velocity. Haas lifts up Aries and then makes the tag to Benjamin.

Benjamin flips over Aries and then places his neck on Benjamin’s leg and pulls back, adding a tremendous amount of torque to the neck of Austin Aries. Aries manages to rake at the face of Benjamin to break the hold, but Shelton recovers and delivers a hard kick to the back of the neck of Aries, furthering the damage done by the submission hold. Benjamin makes the tag to Haas who comes into the ring and he throws Aries into the corner, Benjamin executes a drop toe hold with Aries landing on the turnbuckle and Haas runs at Aries sandwiching Aries’ head in between the turnbuckle and Haas’ knee. Haas makes the cover but Shelley makes the save.

Shelley tries to rally the crowd behind Aries, which only angers Haas further as he locks Aries in a Camal Clutch. Aries fights to get near the ropes but Haas pulls him back and reapplies the hold, Aries fights out of the submission again but Haas leaps into the air bringing all of his weight down on Aries breaking the momentum shift. Haas brings Aries back into the corner and tags in Benjamin who cuts loose on Aries with a series of stiff kicks to the midsection. Benjamin tags in Haas and the two men trap Aries in the corner but he fights back against both men with elbows. World’s Greatest Tag Team get control and send Aries into the ropes and Aries connects with a double clothesline and all three men are down.

Aries struggles to the corner as Benjamin and Haas try to stop him but Aries makes the tag to Shelley who comes into the ring on fire. Shelley knocks down Benjamin and Haas with right hands and chops. Shelley looks to kick Benjamin but he holds on to Shelley’s foot, Shelley tries an Enziguri but Benjamin ducks, however Shelley scores on Haas who didn’t see the kick coming. Shelley then sends Benjamin into the ropes and he scores with a high back body drop. Shelley sends Haas over the top rope to the floor and then runs at Benjamin with a headscissor, he spins around Benjamin before throwing him through the 2nd rope, crashing into his partner Charlie Haas. Austin Aries gets to his feet and runs off the ropes, he leaps over the top rope with a No Hands Somersault Plancha taking down both members of World’s Greatest Tag Team on the outside. Shelley then climbs to the top rope as Benjamin and Haas get to their feet, Shelley leaps off with a Giant Splash that takes out both members of World’s Greatest Tag Team and Generation Next are in control. Shelley throws Haas into the ring and covers…..1……2……

KICKOUT! Austin Aries slides back into the ring and the pair attempt the High Low but Benjamin grabs Aries and drags him to the outside. Shelley tries for the Sliced Bread, but Haas counters into a German Suplex and Shelley lands on his face! Haas struggles to his feet and grabs Shelley in a slingshot position, however he elevates him as Benjamin has recovered on the apron and slingshots into the ring with a guillotine leg drop. Haas covers Shelley…..1…….2……

KICKOUT! Somehow Shelley kicked out again. Haas and Benjamin become frustrated and Haas lifts up Shelley in an Electric Chair as Benjamin climbs to the top rope, but Aries is back on his feet, and struggles to knock off Benjamin on the outside and Benjamin’s head smashes against the barricade. Shelley then sets up Haas in a Powerbomb as Aries climbs to the top rope, Aries leaps off with a Senton as Shelley hits the Powerbomb! Shelley fights to get his arm over Haas but Benjamin slides into the ring and manages to break up the count as the crowd is on their feet in excitement.

Aries gets to his feet and he exchanges blows with Benjamin, Shelton tries to kick Aries but he catches him by the foot and then ducks the Enziguri, but Shelton comes again with the Dragon Whip! Aries struggles to his feet and Benjamin takes him over the top rope to the floor with a clothesline. Benjamin and Haas then take a moment to breathe, the match taking its toll on all four men, Haas lifts up Shelley with an atomic drop and holds him as Benjamin runs off the ropes with a modified clothesline. They cover but Shelley manages to kick out. The referee has lost complete control as Benjamin and Haas throw Shelley into the corner again, Benjamin charges and Shelley ducks and Benjamin lands on the outside. Haas then charges at Shelley who moves, Aries slides back into the ring and runs at Haas with a dropkick in the corner. Haas staggers out of the corner and Shelley springboards off the second rope into a dropkick which knocks Haas out of the ring to the floor.

Both members of the World’s Greatest Tag Team are on the outside and Austin Aries climbs to the top rope, he is standing on the top rope and springboards into a Standing Shooting Star Press taking out both Benjamin and Haas on the outside and all three men are down on the outside. Shelley slides out of the ring and grabs Haas and throws him into the ring. Aries and Benjamin struggle to their feet on the outside. Shelley looks for a Tornado Bulldog but Haas counters by throwing Shelley into the center of the ring.

Meanwhile on the outside of the ring Benjamin is the first to his feet as Haas has control in the ring, Haas lifts up Shelley into the Electric Chair position as Benjamin slides into the ring. Benjamin runs and springboards off the top rope looking for the Doomsday Device and connects. Aries slides into the ring as Haas covers but somehow Aries is able to break up the count and the match continues. Haas gets to his feet and both members of WGTT attack Aries and beat him down. WGTT signals for the end and looks for another Doomsday Device but Austin Aries ducks at the last moment as Benjamin misses the clothesline. Shelley scores with a quick kick to the face of Benjamin. Aries delivers a couple of punches and lands behind Haas, he turns around and falls victim to the HIGH LOW (Aries spinning heel kick, Shelley leg sweep at the same time). Shelley covers as Aries knocks Benjamin down with a dropkick on the outside….1….2…3!

Spoiler
    Both Austin Aries and Alex Shelley struggle back to their feet exhausted as the crowd chants “GENERATION NEXT, GENERATION NEXT, GENERATION NEXT”.

Joey Styles: “What an amazing match, we might have just seen the match of the year and its only the third week!”

John Bradshaw Layfield: “These two teams left it all in the ring, I’ll give credit where credit is due, Generation Next earned their title shot against AMW at the Royal Rumble!”

The referee raises their hands as AMW leave the announce table, instead of going into the ring, they simply walk around the ring, not taking their eyes off either Austin Aries or Alex Shelley for a second. They clap their hands showing their respect for both teams as the staredown continues, SUPERAW takes a commercial break.

Commercial Break

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a true legend in this business, once a great hero, now a great tragedy. Corruption, deceit and pain now guide this tortured soul. Where there was once love, for the business, for the fans, there is now only hatred and vengeance for those who stand in his way. Now available from WWE.com, Sting: Fallen From Grace, all month long on pay per view.

When WWE SUPERAW returns the camera shifts backstage into the interview area where Maria Kanellis is standing by with the dark and sadistic Sting. Maria is looking visably shaken standing next to Sting.

Maria Kanellis: “Sting earlier this week you requested this time, what is on your mind?”

Sting: “What I have on my mind Maria, is simply pain and suffering. You see Maria, in two weeks, at the Royal Rumble 30 Men will enter the ring, each of them with a dream, a belief that destiny will call them to main event at Wrestlemania. But I am entering the Royal Rumble with one purpose, to make their dream a nightmare, you see Maria for the last four months I have had nothing but time, alone with my thoughts, tortured by them, but in two weeks time, I get to release that pain to 29 other victims. You see the pain and suffering that I am going to unleash at the Royal Rumble, that’s my prize, to Main Event at Wrestlemania, is just a bonus”

A hint of a dark smile can be seen on the painted face of Sting as he walks away from a still shaken Maria and the camera shifts to Chris Benoit as he is walking through the hallways when suddenly he comes face to face with the WWE Champion himself, Brock Lesnar!

Brock Lesnar: Chris Benoit, I heard that John Cena sent his new street army after you”?

Chris Benoit: “I heard the rumour, but I haven’t run into either of them so far”

Brock Lesnar: “Well, I don’t think that you will have to worry about them tonight, but what you will have to worry about tonight, is Brock Lesnar. You see you may have beat me last week, but make no mistake, if you get past John Cena tonight, what happened last week, will NEVER happen again”

Chris Benoit: “I can guarantee you this Brock Lesnar, at the Royal Rumble, I am coming for that WWE Championship, and to everyone who thinks that Brock Lesnar is the greatest wrestler in the world today, I am going to prove them wrong.”

Chris Benoit walks past Brock Lesnar and the camera stays with Lesnar who has a confident smile on his face as we take another commercial break.

Commercial Break

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is seen as the most prestigious stage in the history of professional wrestling, to Main Event Wrestlemania, each year 30 men fight, battle and bleed for the opportunity to stand in front of that crowd, for the opportunity to fight for the World Championship, for one chance at immortality. The Royal Rumble, live Sunday January 29th, 2006 from Madison Square Garden, available only on Pay Per View.

When WWE SUPERAW returns, we are once again taken backstage to the interview area, this time Maria Kanellis is joined by the human highlight reel, the incredible Rey Mysterio.

Maria Kanellis, “Rey Mysterio, you must be riding the emotional wave of a life-time, but in just two weeks, the opportunity of a lifetime will be presented to 30 WWE Superstars, the chance to main event Wrestlemania”

Rey Mysterio, “To say that I am on an emotional wave, an emotional roller coaster, whatever you want to call it is an understatement. However I have to put that behind me and move on, and there isn’t a bigger opportunity to move on than at the Royal Rumble. You see I am more motivated then ever, what has happened in the last few months has taught me only one thing, you may only ever get one chance to prove that you’re the best the world. And I plan on making the most of the opportunity, and so tonight I am here to announce my entry into the Royal Rumble match. It doesn’t matter what the circumstances are, I may be the smallest superstar in the Rumble, I may have to enter #1, it doesn’t matter, only one thing matters, and that is seizing the opportunity of a lifetime, and realizing a dream. Last year, Chris Benoit realized his dream at Wrestlemania when he won the WWE Championship, this year, I realize mine”

Rey Mysterio walks away as the camera shifts back John Cena in his locker-room, pacing around, waiting for Homicide and Low Ki. We hear the sound of the door opening and instead of Homicide and Low Ki, it’s the WWE Champion, Brock Lesnar.

Brock Lesnar: “John Cena, I got your message loud and clear two weeks ago, but tonight I have a message for you….Good luck, because there is nothing I would like better, than to kick your ass again at the Royal Rumble.”

John Cena looks slightly nervous as he stands face to face, eye to eye with the Baddest Man on the Planet, Brock Lesnar, suddenly Lesnar’s serious face turns to a smile.

Brock Lesnar, “Oh, by the way I have a message for you as well, I ran into your boys Homicide & Low Ki earlier, they didn’t get the job done on Benoit, because they were a little, tied up.”

Lesnar then hands John Cena a pair of car keys with a smile on his face as John Cena looks incredibly pissed off.

Brock Lesnar, “There in the parking lot somewhere, you might want to hurry, I think your boy Homicide is claustrophobic.”

The two men stare each other down one final time before Brock Lesnar leaves the locker-room and the camera returns to the ring area and ‘Final Countdown’ by Europe hits the speakers and Bryan Danielson appears on the stage to a good pop from the crowd. Danielson bounces on the stage for a moment, pumping himself up before walking to the ring. Once he reaches ringside, Danielson opts to walk around the ring, he climbs to the apron and then to the top rope as the crowd chants along to the song and Danielson back flips into the ring. ‘Burn In My Light’ by Mercy Drive hits the speakers and the crowd stays on their feet and gives a loud pop for AJ Styles as he appears on the stage. Styles makes his way to the ring with his signature entrance and the two men begin the match with a staredown in the center of the ring.

For a WWE Intercontinental Title Shot at the Royal Rumble
    AJ Styles vs. Bryan Danielson

The stare-down ends, and the referee asks for a clean handshake but neither man is interested in it and the two begin to smack talk each other. Finally neither man can take it anymore and Styles slaps Danielson in the face, Danielson returns the slap and Styles grabs him by the head in a headlock and Danielson pushes him into the ropes and takes him down with a shoulder. Danielson then runs off the ropes as Styles ducks and Danielson leaps over him. Danielson comes off the ropes again and Styles leaps over him before dropping Danielson with a dropkick! Styles feels the energy and turns to the crowd to feed off them, but at that moment Danielson is back on his feet and he comes back with a dropkick of his own, knocking Styles off his feet.

Danielson grabs Styles in a headlock and takes him down to the mat, taking Styles advantage away from him. Danielson has Styles trapped on the floor but Styles fights back to his feet and pushes Danielson into the ropes, Danielson comes off and Styles leaps over him but Danielson puts on the breaks and turns around trapping Styles on the ground again with a side head lock. Styles manages to escape and he traps Danielson with an arm bar, but Danielson is a master on the mat and reverses the hammerlock, and then locks Styles in the Arms Across America, but Styles is close to the ropes, he grabs the ropes and breaks the hold.

Both men get back to their feet and Danielson smiles, knowing how close he was to beating Styles early. Danielson looks for another lockup, but Styles surprises him with a go behind into a waist lock, Danielson is only surprised for a moment and reverses the hold, Styles moves towards the ropes, Danielson tries to pull him back but Styles grabs hold of the ropes and Danielson rolls through. Styles turns around and kicks Danielson stiff in the chest, followed by another stiff kick to the head of Danielson. Styles waits for Danielson to get to his feet, he looks for the Styles Clash, but Danielson pulls himself up and knocks Styles back, breaking the Clash. Danielson is slow to get to his feet and Styles shows Danielson how close he was to ending it.

Both men lock up in a collar and elbow tieup and Styles pushes Danielson to the corner but then Danielson reverses momentum and pushes Styles towards the other turnbuckle, however the two men continue to fight for position, as Styles drops down to one knee with Danielson in charge, but Styles fights back and puts Danielson in the same situation, only to have Danielson fight to a standstill in the middle of the match, both are so evenly matched that they forget about their surroundings and the fans start to get nervous as SAMOA JOE comes through the crowd with a Steel Chair and he smashes both in the head at the same time with the steel chair. Both men are down but Styles struggles to his feet first and is rewarded with a sick chair shot from Samoa Joe, busting open AJ Styles. Bryan Danielson tries to use the ropes to get back to his feet and Samoa Joe smashes him right between the eyes with the steel chair. The camera gets a close up shot of Danielson and we can see a very very glossy look on his face.

Spoiler
    Samoa Joe throws the chair down on the ground and he grabs Bryan Danielson. He lifts him into the air and drives his neck with a MUSCLE BUSTER ON THE CHAIR! The camera gets a close up on Danielson’s face and he has been severely lacerated by the chair shot. Samoa Joe then turns around and sees AJ Styles, who is also lacerated by the chair shot that he received.

Joey Styles: “What the hell has gotten into Samoa Joe?”

John Bradshaw Layfield: “Isn’t it obvious, he is trying to eliminate the competition before the Royal Rumble, what a aggressive maneuver by Samoa Joe”

Joe grabs the chair and positions it for another Muscle Buster, this time to AJ Styles, he grabs him and then the lights go out. The war drums of ‘Misera Cantere’ by AFI begin to shake the area as the fans slap their hands to the beat. CM Punk steps through the curtains and the arena erupts. Punk slowly walks towards the ring with his eyes never leaving Samoa Joe, as Joe tosses Styles aside, waiting for CM Punk in the center of the ring. The crowd gets more and more nervous with each step Punk takes as he gets slower to the ring. Punk then stops and locks eyes with Joe as the crowd is ready for a huge fight, Punk slides into the ring and Joe slides out of the ring on the other side, and the crowd can’t believe it. Joe looks to have escaped a fight. Punk and Joe exchange words before Punk shows him the Straight Edge sign as the referees come down to attend to both AJ Styles and Bryan Danielson.

Commercial Break
    Last edited by Jay Lethal; 05-19-2007 at 12:02 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrestlemania Moment: Mike Tyson connects with a right hand to Shawn Michaels as Stone Cold Steve Austin pins him and the Era of Attitude begins.

After SUPERAW returns from commercial break we see John Cena in the parking lot area, he approaches a silver sedan and opens the trunk with the keys given to him, and inside the trunk are the bodies of both Homicide and Low Ki, Homicide has a huge cut on his forehead and is barely conscious, while Low Ki is completely unconscious. John Cena grabs the keys and throws them away in frustration before the camera shifts to a hallway backstage.

Samoa Joe is walking through the hallways in a pissed off mood when suddenly PAUL LONDON runs up from behind with a steel chair and attacks Samoa Joe from behind. London then mounts Joe and starts delivering right hand after right hand on Joe who pushes him off of him. Joe gets to his feet and charges at London, driving him into the wall and the two men continue to fight backstage until the referee’s come and break them up. You can almost see murder in Joe’s eyes as Paul London screams

Paul London: “I haven’t forgotten you son of a bitch”

The referees continue to try and break up the two men as the camera returns to the main area with Joey Styles and John Bradshaw Layfield.

John Bradshaw Layfield: “Has Paul London lost his mind?”

Joey Styles: “Paul London telling Samoa Joe that he hasn’t forgotten, remember JBL, it was 5 months ago that Samoa Joe viciously assaulted Paul London, putting him out of action for the rest of last year, I guess that Paul London hasn’t forgotten about it and wants a little bit of retribution.”

John Bradshaw Layfield: “That may be, but why would you attack Samoa Joe tonight, especially after what he did to Styles and Danielson, London must have a death wish”

‘Whatever’ by Our Lady Peace rocks the speakers and the crowd erupts as Chris Benoit steps the curtains to a huge pop from the crowd. Benoit pounds his chest and walks to the ring before sliding underneath the bottom rope and playing to the crowd as ‘Go To Sleep’ by Eminem and the Doctor of Thugganomics appears on the stage to a chorus of boos. John Cena looks incredibly pissed off and he simply throws his throwback jersey off and takes his chain off and leaves it in the isleway as he slides into the ring and instantly goes on the attack on Chris Benoit.

Main Event
    For a WWE Title Shot at Royal Rumble
    Chris Benoit vs. John Cena

The two men meet in the center of the ring with right and lefts swinging, Benoit gets the advantage and knocks down Cena and starts stomping down on him with several boots to the midsection. Cena gets to his feet and Benoit continues the assault quickly with some knife edge chops. Benoit throws Cena into the ropes and takes him down with a stiff knife edge chop which takes down Cena. Cena gets to his feet and Benoit just runs his shoulder into him, knocking him down again. Cena doesn’t know where to go, and crawls into the corner and Benoit is relentless with a series of boots, trapping him in the corner.

The referee tries to pull him out of the corner, but Chris Benoit continues the assault anyways, throwing the referee aside. Finally the referee pulls Benoit out of the corner, John Cena struggles to get to his feet on the apron and Chris Benoit goes right after him again, Cena however sees him coming and hits a thumb to the eye, and then guillotines his neck. Cena rolls back into the ring and he delivers a clubbing blow to the back of Chris Benoit. Cena throws Benoit into the ropes, but Benoit reverses and throws Cena into the ropes and lowers his head, but Cena sees it coming and delivers a neckbreaker to slow momentum.

Cena gets to his feet and begins to stomp away on Chris Benoit a few times, Benoit struggles to his feet and Cena locks him up for a suplex, but Benoit lands on his feet behind him and then grabs his arm, pulling him down into the Crippler Crossface but Cena crawls for the ropes to break the count. Benoit pulls him back into the middle of the ring and locks in the Crossface, but Cena hasn’t been worn down enough and he pulls himself to the ropes, however Benoit pulls Cena back to the middle of the ring and once again locks in the Crossface, but once again Cena has enough left to pull himself to the ropes.

Benoit then releases the hold after the referee counts to four, he then grabs Cena by the arm and pulls him into the middle, and once again locks the Crippler Crossface and once again John Cena is able to crawl to the ring. Cena realizes that he has to slow down the momentum of Chris Benoit and so he slides out of the ring, but Chris Benoit follows him, John Cena grabs his arm, trying to hide a possibly injury. Benoit then grabs him by the head and smashes Cena’s head into the steel steps. Benoit then throws him into the announce table and Cena lands directly in JBL’s lap.

Benoit stands on the table over a broken and beaten John Cena already as the fans get behind him. Benoit then gets off the table and again stomps away on John Cena, applying the boots to the Street Soldier. Benoit grabs Cena by the head and smashes him into the announce table once again, Cena falls over the table and back to the ring side area. Benoit throws Cena into the ring and John Cena struggles back to his feet, holding his arm at his side in serious pain. Benoit doesn’t give in for a moment and attacks, knocking Cena over the top rope to the floor.

Benoit then chases John Cena around the ring a bit as John Cena retreats towards the announcers table once again, but this time John Cena is ready and delivers a kick to the stomach of Chris Benoit, and then a really stiff kick to the ribs of Chris Benoit. John Cena looks at the announce table and then chooses payback, smashing Chris Benoit’s head against the table. He throws Chris Benoit into the ropes and then takes a breather before pressing the attack. John Cena slides back into the ring but Chris Benoit has recovered and plants another chop on him, more chops and then finally a kick that knocks Cena off his feet.

Chris Benoit lets John Cena get back to his feet before he spikes him with a DDT, he covers as the referee counts…..1….2..kickout. Benoit lifts up Cena and executes a quick snap suplex and then starts to climb to the top rope. Benoit leaps off but at the last possible moment Cena moves and Benoit’s head smashes against the canvas. Cena struggles to put his shoulder over Benoit and the referee counts but the Rabid Wolverine kicks out at 2. Cena covers again, but once again Chris Benoit is able to kick out. Cena tries it a third time, but Chris Benoit is emphatic, throwing Cena off of him.

The crowd starts to get behind Chris Benoit and John Cena mouths off the crowd, he grabs Chris Benoit and he locks in the STFU. The referee checks to see if Chris Benoit will tap out, but he screams an emphatic NO! Cena’s confident smile turns to fear as Chris Benoit breaks Cena’s control of his leg and gets to his feet, he then backs into the corner and knocks Cena into the corner, releasing the hold. Benoit then grabs Cena and locks him in the Sharpshooter! The pain can be felt on his face but John Cena refuses to quit, finally he is able to break up the hold.

Cena then takes a moment and then reverses the hold, locking the Sharpshooter in on Chris Benoit as the crowd goes ballistic in anger. Chris Benoit is desperate for any way to escape and finally reaches to the bottom rope to break the hold. However John Cena takes a page out of Benoit’s playbook and he pulls Chris Benoit back to the center of the ring. Chris Benoit realizes that the ropes are no sanctuary and the only way to get out is to reverse the hold and he does, John Cena is trapped but he manages to get to the ropes and the referee finally forces the break and both men are exhausted and worn out.

Both men get to their feet, Cena is on his feet first but Chris Benoit gets up from behind, he tries for a German Suplex, but John Cena blocks it by holding on to the ropes and then scoring with a low blow once the referee was out of position. John Cena finally has a moment to catch his breath, and he signals for the Five Knuckle Shuffle, John Cena looks for the Five Knuckle Shuffle, but at the last moment Chris Benoit moves and John Cena punches the canvas. Cena is down and Benoit reaches deep and finds some energy, quickly leaping on Cena and locking him in the Crossface once again, but John Cena gets to the ropes.

John Cena tries to escape to the outside, his back and shoulder in severe pain after the Sharpshooter/Crossface work by Benoit, but Chris Benoit realizes his opportunity and presses the attack on the outside. However Cena is ready for him and he catches him with a knee, and then smashes his face on the announce table. John Cena realizes he may only have one chance and he grabs Chris Benoit up with the Killswitch and drops him onto the table but the table doesn’t break, however the ribs of Chris Benoit take a beating. He pulls Chris Benoit back to his feet, but Benoit fights back and they exchange blows, however Cena cuts him off. He picks up Chris Benoit in a suplex and he drops him ribs first on the announce table, however the table still doesn’t break and Benoit lands hard on the floor.

John Cena then begins his attack on the ribs with stiff kicks, stomping away on the ribs of Chris Benoit. He picks up Benoit and throws him into the Steel steps hard, ribs first. Cena rolls into the ring to break up the referee’s count. John Cena then pulls Chris Benoit back to his feet and again throws him into the steel steps. Cena mouths off to the crowd and then throws Benoit back into the ring. Cena stomps away on Benoit and tries to rearrange his face, pulling and tearing anyway he can on Chris Benoit, torturing and disrespecting the Rabid Wolverine. John Cena lifts Chris Benoit to his feet, and does a “You Can’t See Me” and then tries to smash Benoit’s head on the announce table, but Benoit blocks it and smashes Cena’s head on the turnbuckle.

Benoit then fights back again with hard chops and right hands, he then throws Cena into the ropes, but Cena reverses and connects with a Spinebuster! Cena covers but Chris Benoit is able to kick out. Cena then runs off the ropes and this time connects with the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena covers but Chris Benoit manages to kick out and Cena has words with the referee. Chris Benoit struggles to his feet, pulling himself up in the corner and John Cena walks over, bitchslapping him on the back of the head, he then grabs Chris Benoit and tries for a German Suplex, but the master reverses and drops Cena with a German Suplex, he holds on and starts Rolling with German Suplex after German Suplex, Cena tries to grab the ropes but Benoit is relentless, continuing the assault, ending with 6 German Suplexes.

Chris Benoit then waits for John Cena to get to his feet, he tries for the Crossface, but Cena blocks it on one knee, catching Chris Benoit with a thumb to the eye, Chris Benoit is stunned and he turns around and John Cena lifts him into the air and prepares to deliver the FU. However just as Cena prepares to end the match, Benoit lands on his side and drops him down into the Crossface once again. John Cena tries to escape and rolls through the maneuver but just ends up trapped in the center of the ring, John Cena fights on for a few more minutes, but finally he passes out and the referee stops the match.

Spoiler
    The referee forces Chris Benoit to release the hold as John Cena appears to be passed out. The referee raises his arm high as the crowd becomes really nervous as Brock Lesnar comes out from the crowd and slides into the ring. Benoit turns around and Lesnar fakes a lunge at Benoit, catching him off guard before giving Benoit a smile, knowing that he got in his head a little bit, they stare each other down for moment and Benoit leaves the ring, his eyes never leaving Lesnar. However, finally Lesnar’s attention is drawn away from Benoit’s cold stare as John Cena slowly struggles to his feet. Cena staggers around for a moment and Lesnar grabs him and picks him up, he then points at Chris Benoit, sending a message as he spins Cena around into a devastating F-5. ‘The Champ Is Here’ by Jadakiss then plays as Lesnar and Benoit continue their stare-down and SUPERAW goes off the air.

End of Show

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HEAVY’S DELIGHTS
    Jay Lethal’s SupeRAW Review

First up I wanna congratulate you on your Eddie Guerrero Tribute Show. That would have to be one of the best shows I have ever read, especially for a Tribute Show. It was great, you managed to capture the feel of what a Tribute Show should be and I could feel the energy you were putting out there and even though I didn’t get to read your last version of SupeRAW I could still picture a lot of those Eddie Moments. Major kudos to you on that show man, anyone who wants to put on a Tribute Show, that’s how you do it!

Ok here we go with SupeRAW – High Stakes (cool name by the way). I loved your opening to this, Cena and his little posse sound pretty damn good. You got a good little team here and I’d like to see someone added to it, maybe Ron Killings I feel they need another bigger man wrestler to go with Cena but apart from that this group is awesome. I loved the interaction between Cena and Foley it was done very well. Cena vs. Benoit is made for tonight, winner faces Champ Lensar at the rumble. This is a must see right there.

I have only heard of Prince Nana and Jimmy Rave so I cant really comment but I loved the way Nana spoke and his reaction to Paul London and such. I look forward to seeing more from him.

Nice Orton Interview, arrogant as usual and he officially enters himself into the Royal Rumble. I like that, I like how you done it. No over the top segment just a simple straightforward interview, very refreshing man.

The Rave/London match looked F’n great man. London won which was cool and the Cruiserweight Champion Petey Williams (marks out) destroys London with the Canadian Destroyer (marks out again). London vs. Williams should be an excellent match up.

Nice Flair’s segment there. David Flair vs. the man that used to be called Test. Interesting to say the least. What was also interesting was another interview with another superstar declaring their involvement in the Royal Rumble Match. This time it was Angle. I really like this it is going great, but if you keep these interviews up then I’m gonna wanna see some form of interaction between the guys in them soon though.

Hmmm Cena has got the Street Soldiers out for Benoit. That should add an interesting dynamic to this Main Event match. I am loving your Cena by the way too, this is something that I’ve wanted to do for ages and have started to do by turning Cena Heel, I just hope I can live up to your version man.

WOW! David Flair actually won. That threw me, especially after Martins interview.

First up I loved the talk of Harris and Storm at ringside, I could actually see and hear that as I read it. Very cool man. This little series between WGTT and Generation Next has been going on for a bit now and tonight it ends and who will face the Champs AMW at the Rumble… GENERATION NEXT! I loved the finisher they used too, very cool and reminded me of the Eliminators Total Elimination finisher. AMW vs. Generation Next for the Tag Titles at The Rumble, should be a great match. All four men are great wrestlers and talents.

Ok another interview, this time it is Sting and he is in the Royal Rumble too. Cool!

Nice stuff between Benoit/Lesnar. There is nothing wrong with some good strong competition between face wrestlers. I like that, I think that is great. I was rooting for Cena to win tonight but now I am rooting for Benoit. After that segment I wanna see where you go with this. I liked Brock’s comments about Cena’s Street Soldiers not being a bother to Benoit tonight, I wonder what he’s got planned… Rey Mysterio is also in the Rumble, good stuff… but we need some much needed interaction between these four guys now.

Lesnar locked Homicide and Low Ki in the trunk of a car. Classic!

Styles I know, he’s great but I don’t know much bout Danielson… they match seemed very well done and it ends in a No contest after Joe’s interference. WOW! A Triple Threat now maybe? Punk comes down for the save… London gets revenge on Joe after the break, man Joe is one hated guy in your fed, a total badass monster and I LOVE IT!

Main Event time…. YES, BENOIT WINS!!!

Now I can’t wait for next week to see how the building goes for Benoit/Lesnar. I have a feeling that Benoit could win and face Cena at Mania if he wins the Rumble or Lesnar will retain and face Cena at Mania after winning the Rumble. Either way I see Cena winning the rumble here.

Nice show man, the only thing I have a problem with is I don’t know a lot of these guys but that will change as I am officially a SupeRAW fan. You have some great things going into the Royal Rumble, good luck with them… and like I told C.I.A please get rid of the Spoiler Boxes for match results, he already know who won why is it such a spoiler/surprise?

90 out of 100
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

I ♥ Pussina

Aight Jay, here is your review. I'm in a bit of a rush so I'm just going to do a bullet point review.

THE GOOD

• Joey Styles and JBL Commentary Team
    • Low Ki, Homicide, Cena combination. All of them can get it done in the ring [ although Ki and Homicide could work circles around Cena]. The whole promo was well done and I'm looking forward to Cena v Benoit.
    • Orton's promo and an Edge/Orton feud in general. WWE has really dropped the ball with this so far, so hopefully you can do better.
    • The Rave/London match. I've never seen Rave or Nana but you wrote with them well and really got me into them.
    • Generation Next v WGTT. A great feud and great promos to back it up. I loved the match, and I look forward to more of them in the future.
    • Sting Promo fucking owned. Very dark side to him.
    • Samoa Joe interference to the Danielson v Styles match.
    • London attacking Joe.
    • The entire Cena/Benoit match. Benoit/Lesnar should be a great match for Wrestlemania indeed. I can't wait for it.
    • The ending with Lesnar punking Benoit out to get into his head. Creative and awesome. I would have marked for that in reality.

THE BAD

• David Flair in any fed in any way.
    • Test going by Andrew Marten.
    • DAVID FLAIR BEATING TEST!
    • I didn't really like how Lesnar took out both Ki and 'Cide. It makes them look weak when in reality they're better than Cena.
    • London saying bitch.

THE MEH

• The Mysterio promo. I can see you tried with it, but I just couldn't get into it. It was in character and it seemed to get it's point across that's why I didn't put it into the bad. You better not have Mysterio win the Rumble like in the WWE though... for Eddie.

I noticed your love for Maria seeing as how she's the only interviewer you used.

All in all, this show was very good. I loved it and I cream for your writing. There's nothing I would really suggest except maybe in the layout of your show bolding whoever's talking. I'd drop David Flair, even if you have something planned, which I'm sure you do. He's just not interesting.

90/100

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RT's Short N' Sweet Review
    First and foremost, allow me to extend my congratulations to the Ottawa Senators for finally winning the Eastern Conference and making it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

May they all get syphallis.

Alright, on with the show!

Cena/Foley Promo
    For my money, nobody plays a better menace today than John Cena (with the exception of maybe Christian Cage), which is why I use him as a heel in my fed. He does a good job here, until Foley comes out and stops him dead in his tracks. I've told you before I love Foley as a GM and this part proves it as he sets up a great match, Benoit vs. Cena.

Prince Nana/Foley & Orton/Edge
    Another two good promos here, you utilize promos with the best of them here in Fan Fic.

You got Nana's character over here perfectly, looking down on the authority figure and getting his heel personna over as well. But, as always, Foley drops a little bomb when he tells Nana who Jimmy Ra-...sorry, The Crown Jewel will be facing. London vs. Rave should be exciting.

We switch to Orton, who tells off Maria and does what Orton always does best, acts like a cocky asshole. Blah blah blah, I'm tired of being SPEARED!! Yeah Edge! I like this feud already.

Rave w/Nana vs. London
    I know who my pick is because I think it's obvious, so let's see what happens.

Well written match, some nice high spots that gets Rave some show off time so we know what he's all about. Nana plays a good manager, then...London wins? Whoa, didn't see that coming, although London vs. Petey Williams is going to be off the hook. Nice touch with the surprise Canadian Destroyer at the end there.

Flairs & Angle promos
    Nothing too special with David and Ric, just giving us what we need to know. I chuckled when I pictured them "WOO"ing back and forth.

Angle does a nice shoot, tells the world he's in the Rumble! It's true! It's damn true!

Andrew Martin vs. David Flair
    Match didn't really grab my attention because A) I don't like Test and B) I barely remember David Flair from his wCw days. However, the match served it's purpose as a nice filler and was well written, except half way through you started referring to Martin as Test again. Choose a side Ryan, we're at war.

As for David Flair, like I said I don't remember much about him, but I know where you're going with him (because you told me) and I want to say to everyone else reading to have faith, it should turn out pretty good.

WGTT vs. Gen Next
    AMW comes on out and joins Styles and JBL (who I love as a team, btw).

Good match, I didn't read the whole thing, but the ending was entertaining to say the least. Shelley and Aries hit a High Low out of nowhere and get the upset over WGTT! Your tag division is awesome and I like where it's going.

Sting, Lesnar, Benoit, Mysterio, etc. etc.
    I like this dark side of Sting and I also like how you have all the big names coming out and making their announcements about the Rumble.

Cena opens the door...SHIT SON, IT'S LESNAR! That was cool, very intimidating. Lesnar says he's taken care of Homicide and Low Ki, Cena is pissed, nice touch.

Mysterio announces he's in the Rumble as well. Like I told you a few minutes ago, the Mysterio vs. His Size thing has been done, so this could get boring quickly, although there isn't much else you can do just yet.

AJ Styles vs. Bryan Danielson
    I love this match up and have enjoyed this tournament for the IC Title. The match was awesome, the best of the night for me and the ending was excellent as well. A No Contest is perfect right now and I smell a Triple Threat match...

...until CM Punk shows up! Now I don't know what to think, especially with Joe running away from a fight. That was surprising, a side of Joe we haven't seen in a long time. I love the IC Title feud right now.

London Attacks Joe
    I had to give this part it's own spot because it was both awesome yet hurtful, or could at least prove to be hurtful.

I love that London attacked Joe. Huge surprise, would've gone over with the fans in a massive way. However, you already have a big IC Title feud going and London is doing his own thing with Williams for the Cruiserweight Title. I don't know if this is a continuing thing or just a one-time deal for London, but we'll see. It could make things more exciting, or just confusing and complicated. Tread carefully.

Benoit vs. Cena
    Cena makes a b-line for Benoit and doesn't back down an inch. This match was a straight up brawl and was done exceptionally well.

Benoit wins, which I definitely saw coming and loved, since Lesnar vs. Benoit for the Title will be an awesome rematch. Cena is all alone without his soldiers, leaving him open to an attack from Lesnar as he sends a message to Benoit. Nice close to the show.

Overall: 9.1/10

Your feuds are building very nicely and SupeRAW continues to get better each week. You're at a good place right now and your Royal Rumble PPV is setting up nicely. You know where I stand on most of what's going on and you know my input on where you're going with this, as you've ran a few storylines by me, so I'll just finish by saying that you're doing one hell of a job. Keep it up.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The Rabid Wolverine"
    Chris Benoit

A former World Champion, and perhaps the best technical wrestler in the world today, it has been an uphill battle for Chris Benoit ever since he stepped foot into a WWE ring, but he wouldn't have it any other way. Chris Benoit entered into the year 2004 on a mission to win the Intercontinental Championship, a mission that would be successful, as he defeated Rob Van Dam at the Royal Rumble to win the Intercontinental Championship (thanks to help from Eddie Guerrero). At No Way Out, Chris Benoit narrowly beat Booker T in a controversial ending to retain the title, however Stephanie McMahon ordered that since the finish was controversial, the two men would participate in a Best of Seven Series to determine a new Intercontinental Champion, however to be fair, his victory at No Way Out would be counted. Booker T would battle back to tie the series at 3-3 heading into Wrestlemania and then do the impossible, defeating Chris Benoit to win the Intercontinental Championship. Later that night, Benoit would align himself with Vince McMahon, costing Bret Hart a match against Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania.

Bret Hart would feud with Benoit for the next couple of months, including a singles match, an Ultimate Submission Match and an Elimination Chamber match, before earning Hart's respect enough to compete against him in a Special 60 Minute Iron-Man Match on the 5 year anniversary of Owen Hart's death. Benoit would then move on to compete in the first ever Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Vengeance, however he would come up short in the encounter. Frustrated, he returned in search of the Intercontinental Championship, however that title was now held by his best friend Eddie Guerrero, however Benoit put friendship aside in an attempt to rejuvinate his career, however Eddie stayed one step ahead of him, beating Benoit in a Ladder Match at Summerslam.

However 2005 would be a year that Chris Benoit would never forget, with the most star filled Royal Rumble in WWE history (Michaels, Hart, Austin, Rock, Undertaker, etc) very few put money on Chris Benoit to win the Royal Rumble, however he proved the skeptics wrong, sliding under the radar and winning the Royal Rumble. Benoit would then align himself with Bret Hart and DX in their war against the McMahons, participating in the War Games Match at No Way Out. After No Way Out, he prepared for the chance of a lifetime, to Main Event at Wrestlemania against Chris Jericho, who surprisingly agreed to a clean match, promising no interference, just one on one, may the better man win. Benoit proved to be the better man, ending Chris Jericho's 1 year reign as champion. A tear-filled Benoit would be joined by Eddie Guerrero and the two men would celebrate one of Wrestlemania's most memorable moments.

However the celebration soon ended and Eddie Guerrero was once again Benoit's enemy, Eddie had won the 2nd Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania and had cashed it early at Backlash and the two went to war, this time Benoit would catch Eddie off guard, retaining the WWE Championship. At Judgment Day, Benoit defended the title inside the Elimination Chamber once again (Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Triple H, Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle all challenged) however Benoit was not able to rise to the occasoin, losing the title to Brock Lesnar. Feeling cheated out of his dream, Benoit demanded a re-match, but Shane McMahon refused and Benoit attacked Shane. Benoit then entered the King of the Ring Tournament, however Shane McMahon costed him a semi-finals match against John Cena, costing him his chance to regain the title.

Benoit would then turn his frustrations against Eddie Guerrero once again, and at SUmmerslam in what would be Eddie's last match, the two once again went to war, this time Eddie Guerrero proved to be a man up, defeating Chris Benoit in his final match.

Chris Benoit has never got a re-match for the WWE Championship, and will stop at nothing to win back the title that was stolen from him, will Chris Benoit return to the top of the mountain, and what lengths is he willing to take, to return to the glory of World Champion?

Fan Fic HOF Class 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJs Review

Okay, this is my 1st review of the 3rd season of SupeRaw, so lets hope I'm not let down but I doubt I will. Actually this is my first review in ages.

Looks like we are in the run-up to the Royal Rumble, my 2nd favourite major PPV of the year and we start with the trio of Cena, Homicide & Low Ki. Certainly an interesting trio there and some mixed styles. They compliment each other well. Well it was a short and to the point opening promo but it got over what needed to be done. Cena vs. Benoit tonight. Looks like a lot of people in FF are using Cena as a heel, so you are going to have to do something special with him to make him stand out. It's been a good start.

Having not seen much of Prince Nana and Jimmy Rave, I can't really comment much on it but Nana seems like my kind of heel, belittling people. Rave vs. London tonight, I expect Rave to walk out the winner there. Here's The Legend Killer! Nice heated promo from Orton, I doubt he will walk out the winner of the Rumble though. Seems you are building up to the Edge/Orton at WM. That spear from Edge just confirmed it.

Here comes the CW match, it should be a belter. Nice quick opening start, the match has flowed well and Nana is getting pretty involved as well. It has flowed well between the two men but I still expect Rave to walk out winner, probably due to Nanas' interference. I thought this was a wrestling match, not a bitch fight Alas I was wrong, London wins and goes to the Rumble to face the CW Champion. A debutant that doesn't win, quite shocking in this day and age. Williams takes down London and it's definitely on at the Rumble.

David Flair is here, well you did the right thing in having Ric managing him, I don't think I could handle it any other way. I expect Flair vs. Flair some point down the line though. Woo! Angle is in the rumble with a intense promo, can I see Angle winning the Rumble, yes I can.

Cena is ordering his minions to find Benoit and beat him down, I like this side to Cena, making him have a ruthless streak in his conquest to become WWE Champion. Test cuts an okay promo and it's his debut match here tonight. I doubt he will win though, jobber to the stars is Test. Maybe not a few years ago when he could have been something but not now.

I'm not expecting an exciting match out of these two, as long as David wrestles differently to Ric, we are okay. You're flipping between Martin and Test, which one is it going to be. I like Test better. Test keeps fighting out of the Figure Four, I reckon Flair will slap it on at some point, seems you are building up to it. Test is dominating but like I said, I can only see him as Jobber to the stars, David is going to win this. Test nails the Big Boot but his ego gets the better of him. Flair wins with the Small Package. It was an okay match, I'm not bothered about Test and my feelings are the same about David Flair

Straight into the Generation Next/WGTT match and like you pointed out with that short burst from AMW, whoever wins this match, their styles will clash with AMW. I'm expecting a nice paced match between the two teams, they should compliment each other well. I have to be honest, I didn't read most of the match mainly because I'm starting to get tired, work sucks etc etc. Nice ending to the match and its Generation Next vs. AMW at the Rumble. That also should be a good match.

Sting is now in the Rumble and he is a dark & sadistic, that's is how I like Sting. Lesnar is here despite having the night off, does anyone take a night off in Wrestling? Him and Benoit have a few words, will Benoit win tonight? I don't know. Mysterio is now into the Rumble, he could win but I doubt it. I loved the Cena/Lesnar show down. You portrayed Lesnar really well here, he was super cool. I bet Cena needs a change of pants now.

Here is the AJ/American Dragon match. Should also be a good match but it doesn't turn out that way. Joe destroys everyone but wimps out of a fight with Punk. It would have been better for Punk to get the better of Joe in a fight rather than Joe run away scared. Seems everyone is after Joe, even London. I guessed you wanted to show off Joes' strength with him surviving a chair shot from London. Joe to cost London at Rumble, maybe?

It's Main Event time and Cena vs. Benoit. This is a tough one to call, both have issues with Lesnar. Again I didn't read all the match but I did read the last few paragraphs. Cena has to tap after Benoit locks in the Crossface and it will be Benoit vs. Lesnar at the Rumble. I can't see Lesnar losing at the Rumble. A bit of mindgames between Lesnar/Benoit and Cena ends up getting the F5.

Nice show Jay, nothing outstanding but things are building nicely towards the Rumble. Keep up the good work.
    The Phenom of Fan Fiction.
    Cheers to KustoM for the banner.

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain...

Thread Information