vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lonestar Wrestling

Its time for another Lethal Injection

Gauntlet Match

- Alot of storylines seem to be developing out of one match, which is something that I find really creative and difficult to do, but at the same time very rewarding. First off, we have a good feud between Lethal/Carlito established in the opening match (Finley and Moore seem like side characters at this point). Carlito and Moore advance on, Finley doesn't seem to have much of a character, despite laying out Lethal. Next up are a great team Helms/Daniels (which I am also using, but you gave me the idea for them way back when.) Anyways, you build up Shannon Moore well in this one, added another dimension to Carlito by having him walk out, and Helms/Daniels moved on, so far so good. Punk and Striker (who have issues) come out as the final team, I like this, the only thing I don't like about this is the ending. It should take more than one match, even an emotional match such as this, to bring a team completley together, personally I think that Punk/Stryker constantly having problems, yet somehow being good enough to overcome these problems makes a more compelling team than what you have here.

But, Daniels/Helms and Punk/Stryker seems like a good start to a Tag Team Division, a division that i know you hate writing.

Filler

- Johnny Jeter does what I can only assume to be a bland interview (sorry KJ, I hate this guy and you know it) although you it, Finlay gets some character development attacking Jeter, hmm interesting matchup, should be fun to see where this feud goes.

- Punk/Stryker let their rivalry be, meh, I still don't like this, I think that they should be feuding until they are forced to work together in the ring, outside of the ring they should still hate each other. London/Kendrick come in and add to an already interesting Tag Team Division.

Brent Albright vs. Chris Benoit

- I really like the backstory to this feud, with Albright going after his "mentor" in Chris Benoit. You get the feeling of just how personal a rivarly like this would be when you see Brent Albright stealing Benoit's moves (Crossface, DDT, Germans) and then finally the chair spot. I can see Benoit just having enough and beating the hell out of Albright with the chair, a good character progression of both Chris Benoit and Brent Albright.

More Filler

- Joe is coming, look out John Cena.

- Christian Cage bitches about being small. Meh, I think Christian deserves to be in the Main Event, so even while it seems like your pushing him, its not much of a push, Christian/John Cena has money making potential, and your wasting him.

- Danielson/Regal promo hyping up the Pure...I mean Iron Championship.

Bryan Danielson vs. William Regal

- I can only imagine the treat that this match would be, Danielson is a world class performer and Regal is as consistant as it gets. I like your use of Iron rules (rope breaks) as an important part of the match, the match gets stiff and Regal breaks his nose, Danielson leaves victorious with a vicious finish.

- I was hoping that Regal would win, Danielson is the better choice, but it seemed so obvious that you would win, its very easy to make Bryan Danielson important in your fed, harder to push Regal, and I was hoping that you would take the road less traveled, but you didn't.

Even More Filler

- Edge shows his heelness

- Mr. Kennedy decides to come over to LSW....yawn, he is the most over-rated wrestler on the face of the earth right now.

- AJ talks about Christian and the Fusion title, stil don't get the name Fusion, Iron Division makes sense, but Fusion doesn't.

AJ Styles vs. Christian Cage

- Really not into this feud because I feel that Christian is capable of so much more than what your giving him. Christian and Styles have some good chemistry, so I know the match would rock, but still I am left with a feeling of...meh.

- Christian wins, but he had to win, there was no other way to make Christian look good other than to win. Don't like the way he won either, this match should have ended with Styles missing a high risk move, causing an injury that AJ couldn't recover from. If you wanted to really have Christian detest the Fusion division, It would just showcase better the "I am better than all of this jumping around, it gets you nowhere" have him not only beat the top man, but injure him to prove a point.

And More Filler

- Kennedy and Cena have a touching moment together, Cena punks him out, we move on.

- Sting cuts a very Sting like promo, almost heelish in nature.

Edge vs. Sting

- This match needs to be a brawl, and you did a good job of establishing that feeling early. Sting starts out with the advantage but then finally makes a mistake, Edge takes over beating on the ribs (nice touch of pychology there). Edge tries something out of his old bag of tricks, Sting outsmarts him and wins with the Deathdrop.

- I like this booking, because the loss adds more to Edge's unstable personality than a win would have. The question is where to go from here with Sting, I know that characters like Sting are harder to book than other more normal characters, be careful here. However your a talented writer, so I trust that whatever you have planned with Sting will be spectacular.

Chris Jericho vs. John Cena

= Once again, this match needed to be a brawl with the intensity level the feud has generated and you captured that well. Seems as though your trying the classic double turn, and it seemed a little forced on Jericho's end. I can see how Cena would take the physicality up a notch and use the NO DQ stipulation, but it felt rushed and forced on Jericho's end.

- A good finish to the match, and glad you finally listened to me when I said that Cena is a more compelling heel than face, but you should have started Cena's turn first, and then let the crowd grow onto Jericho, instead of the other way around.

All in all, a good PPV, some great moves (Sting winning, Albright/Benoit feud), some alright ideas (Cena heel turn good/Jericho face turn bad, Tag Team titles) and some meh ideas (Jeter does nothing for me, neither does Kennedy). But most importantly, you started some very good character development which I will enjoy following as your fed moves on.

82/100

Lockdown

Lockdown's Lockdown of Lonestar Wrestling

I know i'm not allowed in Fan Fic, and I know my opinion isn't needed for your fed, and I know you think I'm just kissing your ass, but I'm reviewing your fed because i'm interested in the PPV and I want you to know that no matter how much we dislike one another, I still respect you for everything you've done to FF. So on to the review~!

Perfect place to have this PPV, right in the Alamo. I really do enjoy your whole "western" style gimmick for this fed and I've doubted you before, because I had never seen any of your feds, but now that I've seen it, I have to give you your props.

I've never heard of the song, who's it by? Your doing everything right with Shawn Michaels staying out of the big picture.

Wow, you've got some interesting tag teams here. So I'm guessing this is the first time these two teams have competed together? It seems like it. Good way to show emotion with Lethal not tagging in Finlay, I'm thinking he's trying to be cocky and show us that he can beat them without finlays help. Is Lethal and Carlito in a feud? I got the impression since they fought to the back. Way to show Finlay as a kind of "average sized" powerhouse. We don't see much of those anymore. Not since the Steiners, Savage, and even the Goldberg days. I'm not a big fan of how it ended though, It just seems like an anti climatic moment. I don't see how Carlito got so hurt and he still continued to run from Lethal. I'm sure its an easy explanation, so whatever...

Up next, Carlito and Moore vs. Daniels and Helms... I like the way you showed Shannon Moore as a very determined kid to not kick out. I've always liked the smaller baby face comebacks (Mysterio, Spike, etc.). Wow, so was Carlito and Moore heels before? If so, maybe we'll see a face turn by Moore since Carlito left. So now I know Moore can't beat the two alone. Damn it was that easy? Maybe its just wishful thanking but I was expecting maybe a small comeback again by Moore before he gets beat. But oh well, I'm enjoying this Match so far!

Ok, so its Daniels and Helms vs. Punk and Striker. I'd love to see this match just as a fully written tag team match. It just intrigues me alot. Damn KJ is every team in this match:

a) Cruiserweights?
    b) DIsfunctional?

Not that its bad, it actually adds spice to the match. So, I hope Punk wins it, So striker and Punk are somewhat Faces? Damn Brain Buster, I love that move and it just makes this match that much better. And they win, YAY!

So is this the debut of Johnny Jeter? I've actually never seen him in action. I hope Finlay wins this feud to build him more as a powerhouse. I hope you take awhile and begin to develop him into somewhat like Samoa Joe. I'd enjoy that alot.

Wow, now I know why you left the Hooliganz out of the Gauntlet. I can't wait to see where this goes!

I've always wanted a Brent Albright/Benoit feud ever since I seen Albright debut on Smackdown, I think it was when he beat Booker T?

I like this kind of match more than a Technical Symphony. Brawling is better IMO. Its been so fun reading this PPV so far KJ. I mean, Everything I want WWE to do, YOUR DOING. So, Benoits a heel. I can't wait to read the next match. Just a suggestion, I'd love to see these two in a Hardcore/No DQ match. It'd make my day KJ .

I kind of got the impression that Cage is a Face?

Another DREAM MATCH! Your on a roll with me KJ. Lets Blow this match through the roof, eh?

I could see these two pulling off a 5 star match, no matter the conditions. So I see you have a limited amount of Rope Breaks? Thats really interesting. I like how you said he got busted in the nose. So you give us an idea at how stiff that Forearm was to shed blood "the hard way". What a way to get out of the Regal Stretch. lol. I think I know why you didn't have Benoit try to put the Crossface in, you were saving it for Danielson. Good way to still make Regal look strong with no choice but to give up. Danielson the new Iron Division Champion, I like It!

Edge is a heel.

KEN KENNEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KENNEDY!! I know you know how to use him, so no need to tell you.

Good match between Cage and Styles, didn't really interest me however. I'm glad he's not a face like I assumed. He is the first ever Fusion Division Champion!

Sting vs. Edge just gets me all warm and fuzzy inside. It was Brutal! I like how you played the Bruised Ribs throughout the match. O! He misses the first spear. not the second one ;(. Wow, good way to set up the Scorpion Death Drop! Innevitable Heel beat down after the match to set up the next in the series!

Wow, An all out brawl through the entire arena. I like! I also like Jericho kicking out of the FU! I haven't seen that in () ever. Good thing Jericho didn't tap to the STFU. Wow, Cena turned all monster with the chair beat down. Thats a "different" version of the UCSM onto his legs. Damn, the match is called cuz Jericho can't answer the hand fall. I hope that was to continue to make Jericho look Strong.

All in all, it was the first PPV i've read in what seems like a year. I liked Kennedy coming, I liked the Gauntlet, I liked Regal, I liked Punk/Striker, I didn't like Cage winning, I didn't like Cena retaining. I loved almost everything "match" wise on this PPV. IF I could change anything, I'd make Regal retain and have Danielson chase him for the title for the next couple of months.

Out of 100, I give you a 95.

From the Heart...

-Mysterious

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HEAVY’S DELIGHTS
    Kid Jericho’s LSW OPEN RANGE Review

First up KJ I really like the way you write these shows out. From the fans perspective, it really is a fresh idea one that I have never seen in Fan Fic before at all. It gives us what we need about the match without having to write page after page for matches. Good work there buddy.

The PPV opens quite solidly with the Tag Team Title Gauntlet. I liked this match I had no idea who you would partner with whom and I think it made for great suspense going into the match. It all seemed very good, Punk and Striker winning was out of left field for me and seems like an odd choice. I hope you really have them go places KJ.

The “Thrillseeker” is finally here. I totally love this gimmick and wanted to use it in my fed, but you took it and used it first you bastard. LOL! I love the gimmick and to finally see him at a show is great. Finley pissed starts a fight with him. The man who loves to fight and the man who loves the thrills going head to head against each other would be fantastic… if done right.

Nice stuff there between Punk/Striker and London/Kendrick. Now that right there could be a great face vs. face angle if you play it right. I am gonna be watching this one carefully for sure.

Benoit vs. Albright would have been amazing to see for real, why? Because you didn’t play this how anyone else would have and made it a Technical masterpiece or Submission based win. It was good to see them turn this into a brawl, it was good to see them go outside of their styles and show a lot of hatred towards each other in doing so. Benoit just taking it to Albright with the chair at the end was a bit outta left field for me, I was hoping for a Crossface or even a roll up. But this sets up for further matches, which is always a plus.

YES! Joe is Coming To LSW And He’s Gonna Kill Ya ALL!

I thought Christian was totally against being in the Fusion Division? The way he spoke in that Interview made him seem like he didn’t mind all that much. Maybe it is the shot at gold that is changing his mind.

I also really liked that Regal/Danielson Segment too. Am I one of the only ones who thinks this could be a marquee rivalry between these two. I hope we get more matches out of these guys, doesn’t matter who wins tonight. Holy Crap what a match too. Talk about Brutal and I love the rule with the Rope Breaks too. Damn I am excited after that match, for it to be so brutal and for them to not have any animosity between each other was something else. They just put everything on the line for the gold and boy it really paid off, I though both men looked good out here and that ending had my cringing reading it.

MR KENNEDY…. KENNEDY in LSW! That is great, I loved how you introduced him too. Nice touch there man. Nice little AJ Styles Promo there too, cool. I am looking forward to their match heaps. WOW! Christian wins, I wasn’t expecting that. Nice match man, like a lot of others so far tonight I wanna see these two go at it again for the gold.

LOL! Kennedy is only in LSW for a few and he is already taking things up with Cena. Classic man, I could picture this segment in my head as I read it, job well done and a potential match between them would own. Hmm-nice dark Sting there. I liked it a lot, better than what they have him doing in TNA at the moment anyway man. This reminded me of Sting from back when he first debut the Crow like gimmick. It has got me pulling a bit for him now instead of Edge I must say.

Edge vs. Sting is next too. Sounds like it would have been another great match to have seen live. Sting in control, edge in control but Sting won’t stay down. Edge looks to have the upper hand but he loses it and thus loses the match. Very nice man, wait Edge isn’t done and he lays a beat down on Sting. YEAH! Edge even leaves then comes back and hits the Spear on Sting as he is being helped up. I Loved That!

Jericho seems very determined, I have a feeling there is gonna be a massive swerve of surprise in this main event of yours man. Goddamn what a brutal brawl of a match. They went all around the arena, smashing into concrete walls and everything. Jericho is showing heaps of determination here for a heel and he wont go down. WHAT THE FUCK?! Cena goes nuts with the chair and tried for the STFU again. Holy shit could this be a double turn? OH HELL YEAH! Holy crap what a way to end your first PPV with a massive swerve like that, it is like Hart/Austin from Mania 13 all over again. Hot damn what a match.

Overall man this was a great first PPV for your fed. I don’t think I was really upset or disappointed with anything I read. LSW’s Open Range was a success in my book man, congrats on that. There were so many great matches too, but my top three definitely has to go to…

Top Three OPEN RANGE Matches
    Cena vs. Jericho
    Danielson vs. Regal
    Sting vs. Edge

Great work man, I give you a 95 out of 100 for that
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The competition has arrived...

: 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

Kid Carter

Oh shit, a review! Well, this is your first ever PPV and I've heard the hype of the greatness of this and I'm not going to say anything about the wiritn gof the fed as I've already stated my thoughts on it. But let's see how a PPV feels with this different way of writing. I know you have the talent, but let's see if I can stay interested in the PPV with this style. So yeah, I haven't said this in awhile: SHOW NO FEAR, THE KID IS HERE!

We start things off with Shawn Michaels on the screen. Nothing to really say about it, he just welcomed everyone to the show and what not. Let's get to the action right now!

We start things off with the random pairing gauntlet and Carlito's first out with his partner being Shannon Moore. Interesting duo and I liked Carlito trying to pump up the emo-like Shannon Moore. Interesting duo against Finlay and Jay Lethal. Another odd made duo. That's what this was about, though. Well, Lethal and Carlito head to the back and the match continues and how long could those two be in the back with this only being the first part of the gaunlet match? That's odd as Carlito came out bleeding which means Lethal must've struck him hard and quick. I was expecting Carlito to get pinned or something or Shannon to go down from the double team, but instead, Shannon rolls Finlay over and pins him eliminating him. Finlay cleans house even beating down his partner, Jay Lethal. That was fucking awesome. But then we have Gregory Helms and Christopher Daniels next and I expected them to pick up a cheap victory, but instead, Carlito (bloody and also beaten) has energy to still fight in it. He also spits in the face of Shannon Moore and no other mention of him being bloody, just the fact that he limped. Meh, it should've been a slightly bloody spit that he spit on Moore with. And why he spit on Moore was pretty dumb. He should've spit in Moore's face after Moore cost them the match or something. Regardless, Carlito leaving his partner was dumb in a title match and especially out of nowhere, but it cost them the match. Carlito and Shannon Moore are now eliminated, great. Matt Striker and CM Punk are the final duo and well, that was pretty rushed. A hot tag leading to the brain buster was a pretty 1980-like of a finisher with a man just going in there on a hot-tag and taking the pin 20 seconds later. Maybe it wasn't that quick, but that's what it seemed like. I think you were friendly with the 2 1/2 star match, I'd rate it 1 1/2. I can't say I liked anything, but the duo of Stiker & Punk and Finlay owning everyone. And wow, a whole lot of hugging after the match by them two. You can say that they only hugged twice, but one was just enough, bro.

Wow. Finlay fucking owns. Johnny Jeter is in the back talking about how happy he is to be there and what not, but then Finlay owns the whole damn fucking show with his question to Jeter, his reply and his action. Finlay is the best thing in your fed so far, personally he is my favorite part of your fed and I must say, I enjoy reading him so much. Push Finlay right now!

Maria interviews the tag champs and L&K basically ask a question and just nod their heads. I'm sure they're going after the title, but how cute is it to have Maria interview her boyfriend, CM Punk? Aww, adorable.

Benoit versus Albright next and interesting spots in the match, but the ending comes when Albright goes to use the chair and gets it basically stolen away by Benoit. You also said, "Benoit picks up the cheer" when you went to say, "Benoit picks up the chair", but that's me nitpicking. Anyways, that ending fucking owned and who doesn't love a crazy Benoit?

Samoa Joe's coming.... YAY~!!!! I also wanted to say that the "High Noon" name is pretty weird, but pretty damn cool at the same exact time, strangely.

Cage talks trash about how he'll prove he's the best and blah, blah. We'll see.

Regal and Danielson have a pre-match interaction and this is a very sick match-up as you have two great technicians, but one being a veteran and one being the future. Should be very interesting to see who comes out on top.

Best match up of the night so far and best match of the night so far. A lot of very interesting things happened and especially the rope break thing, that's awesome. Regal was smart throughout the match putting submissions on Danielson by the ropes and all two guys would run out of rope breaks, which made things very interesting. Danielson escaping the Regal Stretch by getting to the ropes (in which I thought you forgot he ran out of rope breaks and was ready to point it out and nullify this match as being great) and getting to the outside of the ring was just pure brilliance on your part. A very great and original thing in which I say to myself (for the first time in this match, not the last time) "I WISH I THOUGHT OF THAT FUCKING SHIT!" Then towards the finish you make another gramatical error in which I noticed because I've been reading this event word-for-word and you say, "Danielson sucks and locks on the Crossface Chickenwing!" I call it the Chickenwing Crossface, but the fact is, you said Daniels sucks and lock. Sounds like a new rap song or something, no? Anyways, the next part that made me say, "I WISH I THOUGHT OF THAT FUCKING SHIT!" was when you had Danielson grab hold of the bloody and hurting nose of Regal during the submission in which is genius, fighting for your life wrestling skills by Danielson and winning the title. Although, I didn't like the fact that Regal pushed away Danielson, then walked up to him to shake and raise his hand, I loved everything else. I mean, if Regal's going to push away and walk away, don't come back to be a good guy. If you're going to shake and raise his hand, do it after. But fuck that, that was a brilliant match. I will not say anything else bad about it as that stole the show so far and as you can tell from how much I wrote, it excited the fuck out of me. Should've gotten 4 1/2 stars because that owned from the blood, technical wrestling, brutal wrestling and amazing ending. It could even be a perfect 5* match. But hey, you're the one giving it marks, but in my opinion, that was amazing writing.

Edge only says a few words and they are, "BEAT IT, SKANK". That's fucking awesome heel'ness. You tell that over-rated looking bitch, Maria. Beat it like Michael Jackson. Edge owns.

Michaels comes out and I was wondering what the hell he had to say, but says that there's a new star and that man is none other then Mr. Kennedy....

.... KENNEDY~!!!! He makes an awesome promo and I mark for Kennedy.... Kennedy. It also seems like he might be a big star in your fed, not just some mid-carder since he said he wants the LSW Heavyweight Championship. Hopefully he's at the top of the fed, because I have yet to see a Kennedy get pushed further and greatly. I have no doubt you can do that, to be very honest. Hopefully, you do that.

AJ Styles promo sounds like it would actually be something good from him. It's so hard to write a good Styles-face promo, although he's a great face for the high flying moves he does, he's still a pretty bad mic worker, but it was pretty good what he had to say to defend his case for the Fusion title. From shitting on Christian for being all talk to listing his great titles, to saying he'll add another one to the amazing set-up to the "Simply Phenomenal" line. I must say, that ending was "Simply Phenomenal."

Christian versus AJ Styles. Meh, it didn't live up to my hype. Not at all, honestly. The only cool thing of it was the modified back body drop as I could picture that reversal and the awesomeness of it especially with the way Christian landed. The ending was just terrible. It was so hard to picture and I just couldn't get into it. Sorry man, but with Christian celebrating with the title after cheating to win and Styles not trying to attack Christian, well that made AJ Styles seem like he doesn't even want that title that badly. Christian celebrating with it, looking like he might even cry was pretty fun especially after pretending like he didn't care for the title. All in all, bleh match, but some fun(ny) parts.

The Kennedy/Cena promo was okay. Cena was cool, but him saying what a tool Kennedy is was corny as hell. Kennedy saying his name twice for the second time of the night was over-kill. You never have Kennedy do his famous little thing more then once in a night. It takes the fun out of it and pretty much ruins it. Nobody wants to watch WWE and see Ron Simmons say "DAMN!!!!" twice on the show. Once is enough, bro.

Sting promo and I see you're trying to go into your inner-darker-Crimson-like side and pull out some evil promos like you used to for Raven and it seems like you're trying to push Sting sort of like that. Let's see who picks up the victory in the Sting/Edge match. Interesting to see what you do if Sting wins this match cleanly, but I wont say anything until it's over.

Sting versus Edge. I see another gramatical error in there, but no big deal. Nothing funny to post about that mistake so I'll just let it be. A great match, but you can sort of tell Edge is going to lose to Sting after Sting gets out of the spear. It's weird, though how Sting got out of Edge's spear (regardless of the time period) and once he hit the Scorpion Death Drop, it was a done deal. The match just ended. Meh, I didn't like that. The after match was even more bad for me as it takes the realism out of it for me as Edge is quick on the attack especially after just losing. How can he get up so quick after just being down for so little? I feel like I'm nitpicking, but don't feel that way, KJ. You're Kid Fucking Jericho and I expect perfection from you, because in a non-homo way, you're like an idol to me and I don't want to see a shell of the former King Jericho. (Wow, fuck Kid Jericho, King Jericho fucking owns!!!!) But yeah, the only awesome part of the after match attack was Edge spearing Sting, again after they helped Sting to his feet and tried getting him out of there. That made Edge look like a more of a bigger heel and I love Edge in your fed, just not the way this went down.

Jericho wasn't on the show, yet until now so I'm pretty positive Cena will walk out with the title for the sole fact of a late ass promo, but I'll still read it to maybe get surprised. Let's see the main event of LSW's first ever PPV. I expect some awesomeness.

The main event is Cena versus Jericho. I love the NO DQ stipulation and how these guys just basically went straight to the outside of the ring. A lot of awesome spots, but one complaint. During that whole match, we never know if these moves are happening inside or outside of the ring. It's pretty fucking hard to know, because an outside move can have a lot more affect then an inside of the ring move could. But, regardless, a lot of great near falls and the greatest part of the match is the fact that the fans can't decide who's side to be on. Cena finally deciding to go after that right knee of Jericho basically put Jericho away. I know, you're a little rusty, but there should've been a lot of signs that Cena was trying to hurt that right knee of Jericho throughout that match. Sort of like some big moves to the knee or some shit like Jericho struggling to stand on that right leg because of the hurting knee. But Jericho refusing to give up and just mocking Cena with the "You can't see me" thing is fucking awesome. He shows that he's going to go down like an arrogant son of a bitch in the match. Cena locks in the STFU, again and Jericho doesn't tap out, but the referee gets his arms up and down for the three showing Jericho's been lifelessly choked out. That is pretty cool, but if you wrote it like a regular match, it would've been more amazing as you can see the struggle that Chris Jericho is going through with the submission and how he would slowly lose life in the submission until his knock out. Awesome match, besides what I pointed out. Pretty even with Danielson/Regal, if I had to pick one, I'd say this one just edges it out for the heart of Jericho and the fact that you just basically had the fans that were split with cheers finally chose their side at the end by booing Cena. He basically turned himself into a legit heel, which fucking owns. Cena does the "You can't see me" motion to really annoy the crowd and the show ends with John Cena holding up that title in which still belongs to him. I think it's great that he retained because it's only your first PPV, but had Jericho played a more important role on the show like a promo much earlier in the show, this match would've been extremely exciting as we wouldn't have had any idea who was going to win, although I was getting a little ansy to see if Jericho would win it. But, yeah, Jericho stole the show with his amazing spirit and cockiness towards Cena. Chris Jericho went down like he would've loved to.... like Chris Jericho. I think you wanted that and you perfected that, KJ.

Anyways, let me name the good and the bad really quick. Stuff that aren't named are just basically in the middle of good and bad.

GOOD
    - Finlay. He fucking owned. His amazing beat downs of anything and anyone was just awesome. Him taking out his own partner, Jay Lethal owned and him taking out Johnny Jeter after an amazing line, also owned.
    - Ken Kennedy. He better be a big star in your fed. Just make sure you don't use his catch phrase more then once a show. It's over-kill and none of us want that.
    - Chris Benoit. He went fucking insane and that's the way The Rabid Wolverine should be anywhere in Fan Fic and especially on the WWE. He owns when crazy.
    - Edge. Him verbally owning Maria was awesome and then the beat down on Sting with the spear was relentless and awesome heel'ness. I like Edge, too.
    - CM Punk/Striker duo. Awesome duo. Let's see where you go with them as I sense their next feud is going to be with London and Kendrick, good luck. Should be fucking amazing, let's hope it is.
    - William Regal versus Bryan Danielson. (Also like both stars, hopefully Regal doesn't become Danielson's mentor or something as the hand shake after walking away was so corny) I only liked two matches on the night and this one was awesome and I loved it. It's the 2nd best match of the night, but just goes under first by a hair. Awesome match.
    - Chris Jericho versus John Cena. (Also love the characters you've given both men) I loved the way Chris Jericho basically fought like a warrior out there even if it was in a loss. The fans were also great throughout the match and I must say, I really enjoyed the way that you wrote this match. I'm not going to say the match was awesome, the way you wrote it was awesome. That's kudos to you, because the match was okay, but your writing skills in this match was just brilliant.
    - The banner fucking owns. Resembles the way the main event kind of went, too.

BAD
    - Carlito. Man, do I not want to see him in your fed any more.
    - Meh, basically, everyone in the gaunlet match besides Punk, Striker, Finlay and maybe to an extent Lethal since he's okay in my books. Not good, but okay.
    - Christian versus AJ Styles. I had so much excitement for this match and it blew balls. The ending was worse.
    - Sting. Pretty boring, honestly. He did all talk only to go down like a bitch. I don't care for him no more.
    - No selling. I don't see much selling in these matches and it's hard to do especially with the way you write these events.

Everything else was okay. So, I realized that I wrote down the word "brilliance" a lot, but saw some glimpses of the brilliant KJ, I know. Those bad things could just be a little rust, but as you can see, KJ, there's a lot more good then bad written down. I expect so much out of you, Kid Jericho so if you see negative criticism, don't get upset or angry at me, just try and bring that KJ-writing-like-beast we all know and love. I'm excited for all those good things to build up, but those bad things are seriously bad in my books. As for your grade, well, let's see.... looking back at the show, I said a lot of negative things, but then when I look at the good/bad list, I see I liked a lot more then I hated. The two matches I love basically saved this show from being an upsetting moment, but you do have a lot of characters I like. Hopefully, the ones I like continues to grow on me as I don't want to see them go on my "Bad-List". Um, I mean, your fed is going to own with PI doing his side now. I see big things happening here and a KJ/PI duo owns. Oh yeah, your grade................ 80/100

Silver

DyNaMiC UnO's NuMbEr OnE ReViEw
    KJ's Open Rage
    • I've wanted to get to this review for a while. Never really got to it. But here I am. It looks like an interesting event, Open Rage. I'm not exactly sure what to expect from you KJ, other than I'm sure it will be good. Your knowledge of wrestling is too great for your first PPV to be anything less than amazing. Jumping into the first match is what I feel like doing, so let's get to it...

• Carlito and Shannon Moore are going to team. Don't know about that pairing. I'm definitely not going nuts for the team of Lethal and Finlay either. So we'll have to see how you write this. So a quick elimination. Good, those two should be apart. Now Daniels and Helms. That's a fucking pair. Both have the style of a crusier who can put up a good match. I hope these can be our eventual winners. Helms and Daniels hopefully take this one. Punk and Striker together makes sense, but my boys better win this one. Ah, bullshit. Punk and Striker are faces, but meh. Some good finishes were displayed, but it's hard to judge in such a short match.
    • Following this we have two "going to be feuds". Finlay/Jeter will be good as will the Hooliganz vs. Punk and Striker. I'd like a name to be given to the tag champs. Finlay/Jeter brawl is definitely a little nondescript. Just saying "brawl" didn't do the trick for me. On to the match...this was NOT nondescript. I loved reading the short stuff that you wrote and wished for more even though I have never seen Albright wrestle. A Benoit heel turn is what I look and see in store for the future. The way you wrote Albright was indeed inspiring.
    • Joe is Gonna Kill Ya~! He's looking for us in LSW. Christian is telling us he'll win. On now to the match. The first thing I see in Mid-Match Notes is that blood is drawn from headbuts. What the fuck? Ah, whatever, finally, Danielson wins. The right choice in giving an Iron man type title. My favorite match is still Benoit/Albright though.
    • So what exactly was the point of the two words from Edge? Let's continue. Shawn Michaels coming in and announcing Mr. Kennedy? Huh? That doesn't really make sense because HBK is face. But Kennedy in the World Title scene is a risk. But KJ is risk, so it makes sense. AJ Styles then talks about how he will win the Fusion Division Championship because he's phenomenal. Yep, that's the reason, AJ. We see that the next PPV is High Noon on June 3rd. Styles/Cage. Now. Styles and face go together perfectly, as does Cage and heel. The Mid Match Notes are definitely in favor of Cage, even though you say the match was controlled by Styles. And to the finish, grabbing tights is what I find the stupidest dirty trick, but also the one that wants you to hate the wrestler. I hated Cage after this win, that's for sure.
    • So we have a main event push to Kennedy. There we go. I'm all for it. After, we find Sting cuts a promo of his own. A more detailed finish we have here...I'm glad. Sting gets the win. It seems as if you are dissing Edge a bit here. But, we all love and hate. So, I can see this more as of a dislike you have for him, not giving him what IMO he should get, but as for the match, beside Albright/Benoit, it has been awfully bland. It's really expected in a recap show, but so far, everything has come through.
    • Jericho cuts a promo, and we're off into the No DQ Match. I'm going through these Mid Match Notes and here is where you took advantage of this style. It's perfect and I can't imagine it any other way. I love details, and you showed it here. A top rope FU is quite a creative idea. The split crowd is brought up again. This is definitely expected as well. Jericho doesn't want to tap, I don't want him to either, but he does. A fucking surprising finish, not one that I enjoyed but, it doesn't really matter. Jericho will get another shot, or I believe, at the title, hopefully winning it. By far my favorite match of the night, deserved to be the main event.
    • This was a legendary PPV. I was showed why KJ is KJ. The master of all masters put on one hell 'eva show. I wouldn't at all say it was half assed but I don't think it was your best. This was all recap forum and I can only imagine a real show by you. Anyway, I enjoyed it, and I'm off to reviewing the novel. PPV Rating - 83/100
    Last edited by Silver; 06-11-2007 at 01:35 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit: LSW.com

Chris Benoit
    May 21, 1967-June 24, 2007

I originally had the intention of writing my weekly article to discuss the tremendous Open Range PPV. That won’t be the case, however.

It has come to not just professional wrestling fans’ attention, but the attention of the entire world, that Chris Benoit was found dead in his Atlanta, GA home, as were his wife Nancy and his son Daniel. The specifics are slowly filtering in, and everything I hear makes my stomach churn more.

I’ve known Chris Benoit for quite a while. As many of you know, I wrestled in the match where Chris finally broke “the glass ceiling” to win his first, and tragically only, World Heavyweight Championship in the WWE.

Instead of dwelling on the last 72 hours of Chris Benoit’s life, I’m going to remember the man as who I’d known him as for the years earlier. Sadly, I feel with his last actions, Chris won’t find the peace he felt he deserved.

I’m not a doctor. I’m not a psychologist. What Chris did was wrong. It’s really simple; black and white. My prayers are with the Benoit family and the friends and colleagues in the locker room that knew Chris Benoit for years and called him “friend.”

I‘ve made the decision that tonight, LSW Showdown will not air. We won’t be airing a tribute to Chris Benoit. Instead, I’m asking everyone, from the boys in the back to the millions of confused, heart-broken fans to let this sink and to examine their own personal lives, if not for just five seconds.

The LSW will return next Monday, July 2.

Nancy, Daniel, Chris…Rest in Peace.

God bless,
    Shawn Michaels

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ruthless Aggression

Despite his successful LSW Heavyweight Title defense against Chris Jericho at Open Range, fans around the country are voicing their concerns at the change of heart in the champion, John Cena.

After being the hero of his self-dubbed “Chain Gang” for years, John Cena showed a new side one week ago when he maliciously attacked Chris Jericho’s knee with a chair over and over again, before locking on the dangerous STFU. Even after Jericho passed out from the pain, Cena continued the assault, adding insult to injury.

Cena has said he will open Showdown to address his actions. One must wonder if he’ll address who he feels should be the Number One Contender as we begin the journey to High Noon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Showdown Results
    July 2, 2007
    The Alamo, San Antonio, TX

Pre-Show:

Couple good pre-show matches, especially Bryan Kendrick vs. CM Punk (Punk won with the Go 2 Sleep. Got the crowd real fired up.

Showdown:

John Cena came out to a huge amount of boos. He said he’s never been one to care whether the crowd loves or hates him. He did what he said he would do, keep his LSW Heavyweight Championship. Jericho comes out and says he lost and he can admit that. Jericho said Cena isn’t going to be rid of Jericho while Jericho’s still walking. Jericho wants a match right now.

Edge’s music plays and he comes out saying Jericho’s had his chance, but now it’s time for someone real to get his opportunity. Edge says he has Cena’s number. Cena says that Edge hasn’t won a match since LSW opened.

Suddenly Sting comes out saying Cena’s right. Sting says there’s four men in the right now, and only two of them won at Open Range: Cena and Sting. The four men start arguing when Mr. Kennedy comes out. All of them stop and stare and Kennedy comes down the ramp to a huge pop talking trash. Kennedy says if anyone should be facing John Cena, it’s MISTERRRR…KENNEDY…KENN…Edge cuts him off and again, everyone begins arguing until Christian Cage’s music plays.

Cage walks out and says he should face him. Cage says that Cena and him have something in common; they’re both champions. The difference is that Cage is the best damn champion ever while Cena is still a wannabe poser who’s 15 minutes of fame ended two hours ago.

Shawn Michaels walks out before a brawl erupts and says there’s five men who want the Heavyweight Championship and they’re all going to earn the chance to vie for it tonight. Tonight, Sting and Edge will face off for the last time tonight. Kennedy and Cage, you both want to shoot your mouth, we’ll see who comes out on top tonight. And Jericho, you had your chance. But you might get one more…if you beat that man…John Cena tonight. Michaels says he’s going to watch all three matches and he’ll make a decision next week.

Backstage, Paul London and Brian Kendrick cut a promo about their goal to be the Tag Team Champions when Christopher Daniels and Gregory Helms come and interrupt, saying if anyone’s going to be the champions, it’s them. The two teams bicker, ending with Helms challenging London to a singles match. London accepts.

William Regal vs. Finlay-Great technical match. Regal looks to win it, when Finlay nails a low blow out of sight of the ref. Suddenly, Johnny Jeter runs down and begins brawling with Finlay, tossing the match out.

Finlay and Jeter brawl around the ring until they are finally separated by a mob of refs.

Backstage, JBL is walking to the ring. He says he has something to say, something shocking.

JBL comes out to huge heat. He grabs the mic and says that it’s a damn disgrace he wasn’t on Open Range last night, nor was he even booked in a match tonight. He said he thought LSW was the right place for him, but he’s never been more wrong. As of today, JBL is quitting LSW. He drops the mic and walks away calmly. The camera follows JBL all the way to the back. Shawn Michaels and JBL stand eye to eye, but Shawn Michaels simply steps out of the way and lets JBL walk to his limo and leave.

Paul London vs. Gregory Helms-Helms wins when Daniels distracts the ref allowing Helms to nail a low blow followed by the Vertebreaker. Backstage, Punk and Striker were discussing the match as they watched on the monitor.

Backstage, Edge cuts a promo about how tonight he’s going to beat Sting and he’ll finally get his chance at the LSW Heavyweight Championship.

Sting vs. Edge-The match was a brawl from the beginning to end. Edge won cleanly with the Downward Spiral. Sting appeared injured after the match.

Bryan Danielson cuts a promo in the back about being the Iron Division Champion. He says he heard all these people wanting to face Cena, and no one is stepping up for his title. He says it’s real simple; people know they can beat Cena, but beating Bryan Danielson just doesn’t happen. Bryan Danielson says he doesn’t need the LSW Title because the Iron Division Championship is the most prestigious title in wrestling.

Danielson is cut off when Christian Cage walks into the picture. Cage says the most prestigious champion is The Fusion Division Champion, “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage. Danielson said Cage goes out there and begs the people to notice him. On the other hand, people beg to see Bryan Danielson. Danielson says Cage will always be second-rate because no matter what title he has because he never earns it. Cage slaps Danielson HARD. Danielson spits a little blood out, and grins with a red-stained smile. Danielson wished Cage luck tonight and walks away.

Christian Cage vs. Mr. Kennedy-Back and forth match. The ref gets knocked out and Cage goes for a chair, but Danielson runs down and drills Cage with the chair, allowing Kennedy to get the win.

Chris Jericho cuts a short promo about how if he loses tonight, he has no excuses for himself. He says he isn’t losing though, because tonight, it’s going to be about redemption.

John Cena cuts a promo, when Mr. Kennedy interrupts. Kennedy and Cena bicker, with Kennedy saying in just three short weeks, that LSW Heavyweight Championship is going to be around his waist.

John Cena vs. Chris Jericho-Great match. The crowd is completely behind Jericho. Lots of near falls. Cena goes for the F-U, but Jericho slides off and rolls Cena up for a surprise 3-count for the win!

After the match, Cena attacks Jericho, focusing on his knee, when Mr. Kennedy runs down to the ring with a chair, scaring off Cena. Kennedy checks on Jericho, as Cena watches from the ramp. Cena turns around and is suddenly speared by Edge, who smiles his sadistic grin. Showdown goes off the air with Edge and Kennedy staring each other down.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Words from HBK: The Owner Speaks

This week’s column’s going to be short and sweet. Mr. Kennedy, Edge and Chris Jericho. Who will face John Cena at High Noon?

In all honesty, I haven’t decided yet. It will be one of those three, after their respective wins on Monday, but the final decision, that’s a tough one.

We’ve also got two teams vying for the LSW Tag Team Championships; Gregory Helms and Christopher Daniels and the Hooliganz. CM Punk and Matt Striker spoke with me yesterday saying they don’t care which team it is; they want a match. Taking what they’ve said to heart, I’ve signed the first High Noon match: A triple threat for the LSW Tag Team Titles with CM Punk and Matt Striker defending their titles against Christopher Daniels and Gregory Helms and the Hooliganz.

Next week, I’ll have announcements on the title contenders for both the Fusion and Iron Division Championships as well as more announcements for High Noon.

Until then…I remain…

HBK Shawn Michaels

Thread Information