Thread: Sexualizing

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sexualizing

Ok, let me start off with the fact that I may have this all wrong. But I am confused and I come to the masses for more understanding.

Normally this comes up when discussing a girl's dress code or what a woman wears. It will be referenced that the female is not allowed because males sexualize the female body. From the notion that boys are distracted by girls wearing spaghetti strapped tank tops to women not being allowed topless in public because men sexualized the women's breasts.

Now, here is the part I may be off on. Isn't it biological that men are attracted to the signs of females showing signs of fertility? I may be way off, but didn't nature sexualize the female body and not men?
    I am your God

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sexualizing

Nature didnt create the female breasts to be sexualized. they were created for feeding the young.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Nature didnt create the female breasts to be sexualized. they were created for feeding the young.
    "No other primate has a permanent breast. During lactation all the ape species develop a full breast to store milk. In non-human primates (and other mammal species) a full breast is a clear indication the female is suckling young. Not so in humans."
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...size-evolution

then why is this?
    I am your God

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    "No other primate has a permanent breast. During lactation all the ape species develop a full breast to store milk. In non-human primates (and other mammal species) a full breast is a clear indication the female is suckling young. Not so in humans."
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...size-evolution

then why is this?
    because every species is different? Why dont humans have 6 legs and wings? I do not believe breasts were made to be sexualized. maybe at one point in history they did store milk and as humans evolved, that changed. women could produce milk up until menopause probably if they regularly pumped or fed.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because every species is different? Why dont humans have 6 legs and wings? I do not believe breasts were made to be sexualized. maybe at one point in history they did store milk and as humans evolved, that changed. women could produce milk up until menopause probably if they regularly pumped or fed.
    further in the article "The sex appeal of rounded female buttocks and plump breasts is both universal and unique to the human primate"
    quoted from
    https://www.amazon.com/Mating-Mind-S.../dp/038549517X

this evolutionary difference may just be what we find sexy. Every species is attracted to mates for various dumb reasons. Plumage to mating dances. I get the impression that somehow some people fell men willed this into happening.
    Last edited by Theend; 08-11-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe women's breasts remain even after having children because they started being sexualised by men.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a bit silly to assume it was created for one purpose and ignore the inherent sexuality it has for men. Why can it not have two purposes? Why is sexual attraction always so quickly dismissed because it has a utilitarian purpose as well?

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    I think it's a bit silly to assume it was created for one purpose and ignore the inherent sexuality it has for men. Why can it not have two purposes? Why is sexual attraction always so quickly dismissed because it has a utilitarian purpose as well?
    Preach on, brother. Feeding infants is clearly a purpose, but they wouldn't have that propose to serve if no males wanted to mate to produce offspring to feed. Having features to sexually attract males and entire and encourage mating is arguably the primary purpose, in the sense that you have to make a baby before you can feed it. The fact that breasts serve multiple functions in this sense (unlike plummage or whatever) just mean humans are all the more efficient, arguably.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's probably right that nature has a role in the sexuality of breasts (any sign that a woman is going through or has completed puberty and is subsequently ready to mate is a biological thing to be sexualized), and that society has determined that they should be hidden from view at all times, which is only increasing their sexualization, like a puritan seeing a female calf muscle.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this notion of sexualizing a teenagers body by having a dress code that dictates girls must not wear spaghetti strap tank tops most confusing.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this notion of sexualizing a teenagers body by having a dress code that dictates girls must not wear spaghetti strap tank tops most confusing.
    Not really sure what part of it you find confusing, since in the earlier post you said you were confused about who did the sexualizing and that is all that's been discussed since.

I don't think that current dress codes do any part of the sexualizing. They may reinforce what's already been done, but the breasts weren't sexualized by a school district.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that public schools shouldn't tell girls what to wear, as long as it's not blatantly inappropriate. That judgment should come from the kids parents. I see dudes wearing these tight as fuck jeans with their packages bulging out, but that's not frowned upon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a stupid video.

I think life is hard for girls and what they wear.
    My wife has some very fine assets, it means that she could wear the same outfit as someone that isn't so blessed and one person is sexualised and one isn't.

The solution to me is pretty straight forward, the school dress code should be the same for boys and girls, no tank tops and no singles, no clothing that finishes more than halfway up the thigh and no tight clothing.
    People are at school to learn, not to put forward fashion and athletic wear is sloppy.
    If girls are 3x more likely to be dress coded it's probably more a reflection of guys just wearing jeans and a T-shirt etc.

As for boobies I like 'em
    They are a sign of fertility and it's probably the reason men like them.
    I don't know why we like 'em but we sure do.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That video makes me just think of fashion trends not fitting dressing codes. I really think it tries to make the most first world plight out of things and puts sex possibly where it isn't. As in the idea behind the tank tops is just to hide bra straps because bra straps are underwear and no one in public should be subject to anyone's underwear.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. When I was in school I was told that showing up in my banana hammock was wrong!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHd_lkqhQhE
    You call it a problem. I call it a solution.

Thread Information