Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Jason Jordan develop into the next great heel character?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Can Jason Jordan develop into the next great heel character?

This is a good read. I concur. But, I want to highlight two specific points that make a lot of sense to me. In my opinion, the father and son story-line writes itself. That is to say, the opportunity for Jordan to pull a swerve on the fans is right there. I mean, this corny story-line is begging for a heel turn. Therefore, being the general manager's son dictates that a heel turn will be an inevitable conclusion. Not to mention, Raw has already cornered the market for a smiling character with Bayley and Apollo Crews. Moreover, I think that it would be a good idea for Jordan to eventually align himself with Alexa Bliss as opposed to Emma as his heel girlfriend or a partner in crime. Interestingly, the writer mentions Rocky Maivia/The Rock as a best-cast scenario. However, I see more similarities to Shelton Benjamin as it pertains to Kurt Angle.
    The template of "the coach's son" does not carry the DNA of a babyface. In Jordan's case, not only do fans know this is not true in real life, but there will also always be a perception he will receive favorable treatment from his high-profile father, who happens to be the Raw general manager. Fighting these notions by doing things the right way will only make fans resent him more for being a goody two shoes.
    Let's assume Jordan is a second-generation star for kayfabe reasons. Now let's look around at most of the second-generation stars in WWE today. Randy Orton is typically a heel and tends to go through the motions even more than usual as a babyface. After that, generational stars Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, the Colons, Goldust, Tamina, The Usos and Natalya are all heels. The "do you know who my dad is?" dynamic would work even better for someone like Jason Jordan because Angle isn't even his real dad.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ole-on-wwe-raw
    Last edited by sillyrabbit; 08-06-2017 at 07:39 PM.

"It's the sad thing about entertainment, it's not always about who is the best."
    - Jake "The Snake" Roberts

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Can Jason Jordan develop into the next great heel character?

Didn't read any of that, just based on the title the answer is - NO.

I don't believe Jason Jordan has 'it' to be any more than maybe an OK, albeit forgettable IC Champion. I don't see Jordan being great by any means. This is the kayfabe edition of the Curtis Axel storyline, a man born into greatest, who ironically isn't great.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He'll get rejected whatever. Fans weren't exactly clamouring for a huge Jason Jordan push before, and they're not going to get on board now it's forced upon us. The guy's character stinks, the entire storyline is BS, his promo skills as weak and he has 0 charisma.

Friend of Jericho. Saffron Warrior's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't talk about the future but as of now, I don't see anything special in Jordan. He will be a midcarder at best unless they decide to shove him down out throats which will not work since I don't see that kind of charisma or presence in him. He might turn heel in the future because as a face he is going to get stale real soon.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The writing for this is potentially there but I don't think Jordan has the charisma to pull it off. Not yet at least, he's still very young and early into his career, maybe over time he will develop himself and become more comfortable, egocentric, etc. etc. But as of right now I wouldn't want the cringe factor.

Edit: On the flip-side: how else are you going to build confindence and define yourself if not put in these types of situations, storylines, tasks at hand so to speak. If he fails he won't be the first, and if he succeeds and he has some hidden charisma buried beneath a nervous invisible shell, maybe we're all better for it. I can't believe that he's as dull in real life as he portrays on camera.
    Last edited by Madbro; 08-07-2017 at 04:59 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charlotte is another good example...
    On fans disliking her initially: "When I debuted on the main roster, people just hated me. They were booing me. Social media got to me a bit. They were like, 'She's just there because she's Ric Flair's daughter.' I was like, 'Why doesn't anybody like me?' It really got to me. I had to make an executive decision and commit to being what people thought I was. If they think I'm going to be that way, act that way. So it was about committing to being, 'Yeah, I'm Ric Flair's daughter, yeah the dirtiest player in the game, yeah I'm entitled, yeah I got here without having to do anything.' Now I just know how to turn up. It was more about understanding you're just playing a role."
    Well, I've to believe that the WWE sees something in Jordan to be willing to disband an American Alpha tag team that reminded me of The Steiner Brothers. In my opinion, Jordan just needs to find his comfort zone and run with it like Charlotte.

"It's the sad thing about entertainment, it's not always about who is the best."

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbit View Post
    Charlotte is another good example... Well, I've to believe that the WWE sees something in Jordan to be willing to disband an American Alpha tag team that reminded me of The Steiner Brothers. In my opinion, Jordan just needs to find his comfort zone and run with it like Charlotte.
    It will please me so when they give Jordan the big storyline and push yet Chad is still the star. He's getting over in his matches just by being fun to watch. I hope they have big plans for him as well, he's doing pretty well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is, I would've preferred for Jordan to remain on the Smackdown brand in order to flesh out more from he and Gable as a tag team before you decide to disband them. Did the WWE give up on The Usos? No. Remember when they were aligned with Tamina who nobody was a fan of besides myself. Today, like The New Day, they're thriving... Furthermore, I'd envisioned Jordan as an ascending star once his time comes and he moves on from tag team to singles competition. I mean, if Jinder Mahal can win the WWE title and have the company get behind him as a major heel character, why can't I expect a similar push for Jordan someday? But, it's a moot point. He's on the Raw brand and I can only hope for the best for him at this stage in his WWE career. However, I don't like his chances as much as Gable's on Smackdown. I don't know. We'll see.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think it ends with Jordan swerving Kurt. The whole "How stupid are you?" schtick with the "I was never your son, I was using you" reveal, followed by him beating the shit out of Angle.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jordan is a modern day Hornswoggle. Limited gimmick. Prepare to say hello to "Gracyn Gordan": Newest member of the TNA roster in 2018!
    You call it a problem. I call it a solution.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Emma can inject herself in this angle which may jump start her position in the company and cover for Jordan's lack of personality. His wrestling style is entertaining enough where a mouth piece could make things work.
    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    Hopefully Emma can inject herself in this angle which may jump start her position in the company and cover for Jordan's lack of personality. His wrestling style is entertaining enough where a mouth piece could make things work.
    I don't get where Emma fits in to this. Is she dating him irl? I've seen nothing of them on-screen together so I'm lost. And honestly the thought of them being paired up as a couple does nothing for me. You gotta sell me more on that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Madbro View Post
    I don't get where Emma fits in to this. Is she dating him irl? I've seen nothing of them on-screen together so I'm lost. And honestly the thought of them being paired up as a couple does nothing for me. You gotta sell me more on that.
    Emma said to Angle maybe she will date his son to get what she wants. Most men won't say no to someone who looks like Emma. So she could pretend to like Jordan and slowly turn him heel by them abusing his father's power.
    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

He is pretty brutal to watch. He was the wrong pick for this silly storyline and everything leading to his turnbuckle spot looks so moronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takerfan4life
    Cobain I have respect for because he does have great mind when it comes to wrestling
    WOOOOOOOO!

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You and I must have definitions ideas of moronic, because throwing people around like it's nothing is pretty great.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I like that he can throw people around like it's nothing too. Especially those jobbers. His facials expressions and the way he sounds during the turnbuckle spot is a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takerfan4life
    Cobain I have respect for because he does have great mind when it comes to wrestling
    WOOOOOOOO!

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should have made Gable the son instead.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    Should have made Gable the son instead.
    I agree with that! WWE tried to make the splash with the interracial storyline. So between that and Jordan's look they went with him. But Gable would have been the better choice BECAUSE he's the better talent! Plus in general, they broke up American Alpha too soon. They could have had Gable be the son AND move the American Alpha team to Raw. This isn't to knock Jordan at all! I just think for this storyline they went in the wrong direction. And they gave up on the tag team too soon. Bad booking can TOTALLY set back a promising talent.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the timing is off by at least a decade but could this lead to an appearance of Rhaka Khan?

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    Emma said to Angle maybe she will date his son to get what she wants. Most men won't say no to someone who looks like Emma. So she could pretend to like Jordan and slowly turn him heel by them abusing his father's power.
    At least they seem to be actually doing something with Emma for a change.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming View Post
    I know the timing is off by at least a decade but could this lead to an appearance of Rhaka Khan?
    Or Sharmell

"Tell me, you did not just say that!"

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post
    I agree with that! WWE tried to make the splash with the interracial storyline. So between that and Jordan's look they went with him. But Gable would have been the better choice BECAUSE he's the better talent! Plus in general, they broke up American Alpha too soon. They could have had Gable be the son AND move the American Alpha team to Raw. This isn't to knock Jordan at all! I just think for this storyline they went in the wrong direction. And they gave up on the tag team too soon. Bad booking can TOTALLY set back a promising talent.
    They still could do it. Angle could be the E's Big Dick Dudley. He's an Angle, He's an Angle, You're an Angle. Wouldn't you like to be an Angle too?

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My question is can, Jason Jordon develop into any character at all?

Props to surrender for the great banner.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to say because he's yet to be given a character. As of now he's generic babyface who makes John Cena look edgy in comparison. I think some of these comments are ridiculous saying he has no talent or charisma. He hasn't had the chance yet to really get going and people are just being fucking brutal. Time will tell if he has or can develop into a sensational character. To me all the pieces are set up for a heel turn in the near future. Surely WWE knows that this was never going to get the guy over and the plan all along has been to go heel with him.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what irks me is how some people are turning this into a topic about Jordan versus Gable. If you read the entire article, the writer gave a logical explanation for why the WWE might have chosen Jordan in the role of Angle's "son" as opposed to Gable. Basically Gable's an ideal choice in the role of the undersized underdog. Fans like to root for the underdog in general. Conversely, Jordan doesn't fit that role from a physical standpoint. That is to say, his athleticism, speed, strength and size give him an advantage over Gable. He looks the part of a star to say the least. If you'd chosen Gable for the role of Angle's son, you're doing so based on race. That is, if Jordan were white, or Angle were black, this wouldn't be a bone of contention. Not to mention, it isn't as if Jordan's incapable of becoming a better speaker on the microphone. But, fans don't want to be patient and give him some leeway. Again, Jordan needs time to find his comfort zone. In other words, he isn't a finished product. At first I didn't like the "New Day" gimmick. Eventually, it grew on me after they'd made it their own. Most importantly, I think some fans are missing the point here. That is, Mr. McMahon is having a big laugh about this story-line at the expense of opinionated fans. He and the WWE writers know that this story-line is corny, it's a joke. But, if Mr. McMahon thinks that it's a "good idea," it's going to happen and you either play along or criticize it. For me, Jordan's move from Smackdown to Raw was random. It seemed as if the idea for this story-line was pulled out of a hat. Also, it makes you wonder why the WWE would put more on Angle's plate when he already has his general manager duties to deal with. I don't know. It either was an idea thought up by Mr. McMahon and company, or Angle saw something in Jordan himself that reminded him of Benjamin or whoever.
    Last edited by sillyrabbit; 08-12-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Thread Information