Thread: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    I read the spoilers and dislike how this turned out. seems Kairi is going to be your winner.. So many potential matchups missed..
    I'm very disappointed.
    I got bummed after reading the spoilers of the very first match! KLR is someone who should of at least made it to the second round.

Also disappointed that Deonna Purrazzo and Nicole Mathews were left out in favor of some other talents. Not saying names, but they know who they are.

Other than that I'm okay with who progressed to the finals.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah very weird to have Nicole Matthews sit out. Ditto for Deonna Purrazzo. Not sure why Purrazzo is a free agent. She did that string of matches for WWE, including working smackdown then went away. She is young, trained and been on TV a bit. Seems like someone who screams potential.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was weird that Nicole was there, but not good enough to be part of it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we can guess what they want for Wrestemania, which suggests the WWE Horsewomen will all stay babyfaces for a while.

I'm guessing between the Horsewomen and the Bellas, Shayna is getting signed, and will likely end up on SD since that's where her friends Nattie and Nikki are.

http://cdn.sescoops.com/wp-content/u...6/08/nkmma.jpg

It shouldn't be surprising that she's developed faster than most, given her combat sports background. Angle and Lesnar picked it up faster than someone starting from scratch, too.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a knock on some of the participants (there were two names I was not familiar with that are not part of the WWE development system), but she should have been in it even if it was going to be a first round loss. Well, at least Nicole and Deonna got a dark match.

Speaking of names who weren't in the tournament what are some names you all thought should have been involved?

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though she's just a trainer, I would've love to have seen Sara Amato compete, or two or three on the NXT roster in it. Maybe a Peyton, or Billie, or Ruby, or even someone from the main roster like Becky or Bayley.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would've loved to have seen Aja Kong have one "last" go during this tournament. Also it still hurts that Lufisto didn't get a spot.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Not a knock on some of the participants (there were two names I was not familiar with that are not part of the WWE development system), but she should have been in it even if it was going to be a first round loss. Well, at least Nicole and Deonna got a dark match.

Speaking of names who weren't in the tournament what are some names you all thought should have been involved?
    Sweet Sayara. With all the shit going on with Paige, they should have locked her into this and future appearances to promote the film. I am beginning think all the shit from the family about politics is damn true. Sara got honored which is a bigger deal I think than her in this. Lufisto is a notable absence, as were many of the SHIMMER vets. I really wish Danger could have made an appearance. I know she can not wrestle ever again, but she should have been there with DP. Feel like Portia should have been here as well.

In a dream world, Lacey and Daze Haze would have come out of retirement for this.

Lovelace and Kimber should have been a match in this at some point. They work so damn well together. But I can see protecting them. If they were in this, odds are it would not have changed the finals that much, so they would have taken a loss that is not really needed. I still think Asuka should have been in this defending the belt though. Turns this on it's head, and gives four very interesting matches, with the finals being an automatic title shot. I would have done Hojo vs Asuka round 1 and had Asuka job too. It would have been savage, but a title change like that makes this absolutely must watch. Have Asuka quit NXT in a rage, then appear on the main roster while people wait for this to air.
    Last edited by Engel; 07-17-2017 at 10:31 PM.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would've liked Madison Eagles in this. But I'm okay with MM being in it as a nice substitute.

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Tajiri and Brian Kendrick being in the CWC really helped it get over with less indy-friendly fans. I'd have liked to have seen female equivalents of them in this and Serena doesn't really do it for me considering she never really wrestled in WWE. Jazz or Melina or even Mickie would've helped.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taylor Wilde was supposed to be in it but she sustained an injury while training

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I think Tajiri and Brian Kendrick being in the CWC really helped it get over with less indy-friendly fans. I'd have liked to have seen female equivalents of them in this and Serena doesn't really do it for me considering she never really wrestled in WWE. Jazz or Melina or even Mickie would've helped.
    For me it would have been Kharma, she's not only relevant culturally because of GLOW, but it would have been a redemption story for someone that sadly did not get the shot she deserved.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I would like to see Amazing King stay away from wrestling. She dropped a lot of weight and obviously is doing well for herself with GLOW being a smash hit. Looks like she is getting things together finally after whatever happened in the past, and sounds like the stress of wrestling is something she could really do without. Her comeback with GLOW is the comeback she needs, not into another wrestling run that leaves her hurt and pulling dates, or breaking down from stress. Hooking up with Jenji Kohan is where she needs to be now.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I"ve seen Nicole Mathews wrestle in ECCW (Vancouver, BC) several times and while she is a great wrestler she doesn't have the look or a particularly marketable gimmick that works for WWE. Maybe she can get on as a trainer or something one day. Yeah she'll make it to the tournament and be a backup and all that, but the WWE is not at a place where a women with the love handles she is working with will be signed and pushed. Just isn't happening.

Shayna Baszler is so ugh. Such a personlity vacuum with the demeanor of a horse face. But she is what the WWE wants because they have this idea they will be able to tap into the MMA market and that's her look. The worst thing about Baszler and her matches is the whole "mma style' she does. I am a fan of chain wrestling, high flying, traditional wrestling and such. So when they throw in an mma style wrestler that is just a striker plodding around the ring waiting to lock in a triangle choke it doesn't make for a good modern wrestling match. The only positive about Shayna coming is that she would be a slightly better version of the character Tamina currently has, and that would mean no more Tamina on tv.

Someone who I would love to see get a shot in WWE is Cat Powers

I think Cat Powers is just great and would be a great heel wrestler in the WWE womens style. She has wrestled in mexico and japan and is a great 'base' style wrestler which would work great against the face style high flyer in the wwe.

Thread Information