Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 89

Thread: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

  1. #51
    PW Champion The Dazz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9,988
    vCash
    2735
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Spoilers or not, I'm really excited to watch this. It looks great on paper, and I'm sure it'll deliver. I'm sure I'll forget most stuff in a month.


    Still don't like the taping/airing format.

    Big thanks to Surrender!


    PW Accolades

    Spoiler

  2. #52
    Leaf & Rider Prider CM Punk'd's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    23,958
    vCash
    11009
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dazz View Post
    Spoilers or not, I'm really excited to watch this. It looks great on paper, and I'm sure it'll deliver. I'm sure I'll forget most stuff in a month.


    Still don't like the taping/airing format.
    Or the fact that you can only see it on demand, and not on the main channel.

    Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

  3. #53
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    335
    vCash
    2656
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    I'm sure i'm in the minority, but i would've loves Bianca going into the Semi-Finals.........She's a star in the making.

  4. #54
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,871
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    She is nowhere near ready and def not on the page as the top 4. You had the SHIMMER champion, he SWA Stardom Champion, Hojo who legit is considered one of the three best in the world right now (with Asuka and Shirai) and Shayna who had a lot of exposure coming into wrestling and is working SHIMMER and Stardom. Bianca was not even on par with the top 8 girls, and barely with the top 16. She was IMO the weakest person to make round 2 after Rhea Ripley.

    Honestly, Beckett should have advanced. I cannot believe that is Rosie Lottalove.

    Pics from her instragram of what she looked like before her comeback:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/wq6j2zK0P9/?hl=en
    Last edited by Engel; 07-15-2017 at 10:47 AM.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  5. #55
    Man with a Plan Ness's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,035
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Hate it's gonna be a month wait. Didn't think for a second I could avoid the spoilers willingly.

  6. #56
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    335
    vCash
    2656
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    She is nowhere near ready and def not on the page as the top 4. You had the SHIMMER champion, he SWA Stardom Champion, Hojo who legit is considered one of the three best in the world right now (with Asuka and Shirai) and Shayna who had a lot of exposure coming into wrestling and is working SHIMMER and Stardom. Bianca was not even on par with the top 8 girls, and barely with the top 16. She was IMO the weakest person to make round 2 after Rhea Ripley.

    Honestly, Beckett should have advanced. I cannot believe that is Rosie Lottalove.

    Pics from her instragram of what she looked like before her comeback:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/wq6j2zK0P9/?hl=en
    Ranking the women based on their skill level ruins the surprise factor. Just because your the best at performing a choreographed doesn't meant you can't be beaten by a rookie. So following your logic a rookie woman the size of big show should lose in round one against say Alexa Bliss? Ludicrous!
    It's all about how you win. If a rookie win over a vet is believable that's all that matters.

    It really doesn't matter who advances as only one will win anyway. You guys really make a big deal out of some very trivial things.

    And at the end of the day most of these wine are here to fill out the spots. Why not showcase one of your own? This isn't shimmer or stardom. This is wwe and at of the day this platform should be used in such manor.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Dukezilla's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,722
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Shayna going to the Finals?

    Utter bullshit.

  8. #58
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,871
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    So who was not good enough to make it to the semi-finals? Mercedes? A 16 year vet who never had her lucky break? Hojo who was used to advertise the show to the Japanese markets and was the most over girl on the show from reports? Toni Storm, also used to sell the Japanese markets and being scouted? Those are the three choices as sure as hell was not going to be Shayna who got coverage everywhere today from this.

    I do not see Bianca being able to work Mercedes or Piper well, given both of those girls hit hard. Candice would have gotten a decent match out of her, but Candice can work anyone to a good match. Ditto for Kimber. Odds are she could not work Hojo due to the language barrier and being young. Evie and Toni maybe, but again, she would have to be carried. Far too green to put against Baszler in a match of merit, as if you look at the talent here, everyone Baszler fought were brought in to make her look great. And as you put it, quite frankly, many would not consider it believable for her to go over far more talented wrestlers that have worked more than two matches.

    So yeah, if people carried here through she could get to the quarterfinals but knowing the finals will be Hojo vs Baszler, there is no path for her to the semifinals that does not have a match she is too inexperienced to pull off. Her single year of experience makes it absurd to bet the quality of the tournament on, and insane to do when you have some of the top women in the world already there. Push her like you wanted and she would be released in six months as it would doom her to failure.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  9. #59
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,871
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dukezilla View Post
    Shayna going to the Finals?

    Utter bullshit.
    Little salty here still. It is good booking, but reaks of the MMA hard on many have in wrestling. Looks like this entire tournament may ultimately be a hard sell to sign her.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  10. #60
    Senior Member Dukezilla's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,722
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    If I want to see fighters, I'll just go watch the UFC or Bellator.

    This is supposed to be a wrestling tournament. They're literally kissing up to Ronda Rousey and I hope it blows up in their face like the LaVar Ball stuff did.

  11. #61
    Man with a Plan Ness's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,035
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Reading those posts I know she probably won't, but I really hope she wins.

  12. #62
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,036
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    So who was not good enough to make it to the semi-finals? Mercedes? A 16 year vet who never had her lucky break? Hojo who was used to advertise the show to the Japanese markets and was the most over girl on the show from reports? Toni Storm, also used to sell the Japanese markets and being scouted? Those are the three choices as sure as hell was not going to be Shayna who got coverage everywhere today from this.

    I do not see Bianca being able to work Mercedes or Piper well, given both of those girls hit hard. Candice would have gotten a decent match out of her, but Candice can work anyone to a good match. Ditto for Kimber. Odds are she could not work Hojo due to the language barrier and being young. Evie and Toni maybe, but again, she would have to be carried. Far too green to put against Baszler in a match of merit, as if you look at the talent here, everyone Baszler fought were brought in to make her look great. And as you put it, quite frankly, many would not consider it believable for her to go over far more talented wrestlers that have worked more than two matches.

    So yeah, if people carried here through she could get to the quarterfinals but knowing the finals will be Hojo vs Baszler, there is no path for her to the semifinals that does not have a match she is too inexperienced to pull off. Her single year of experience makes it absurd to bet the quality of the tournament on, and insane to do when you have some of the top women in the world already there. Push her like you wanted and she would be released in six months as it would doom her to failure.

    She actually did wrestle Kairi though. Apparently the match was really good.

    My main problem with any of the newer NXT girls winning is that they just are not credible as wrestlers at this point. most have either only had a handful of actual matches, or are just not very good at all.
    Losing in the second round seems good enough for someone as inexperienced as Bianca.

  13. #63
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Well, you have to admit where this is going will be money. The staredown between the Four Horsewomen and... the Four Horsewomen got a big crowd reaction complete with Yes chants.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEvArMcUMAAVWqG?format=jpg

    https://68.media.tumblr.com/182c457c...5i40o3_500.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEvArMaU0AAkQty?format=jpg

    https://68.media.tumblr.com/17d912a2...5i40o2_250.jpg

    As we see, the crowd was into it. Then (a little more detail on the heel stuff), Ronda tells Shayna not to break the hold even after Candice has submitted, which gets her major heat.

    We can safely assume Charlotte and company will be there for the finals.

    I'm guessing Survivor Series has its main event, and none of the WWE Horsewomen are turning heel any time soon. We may also have some hints at how Bayley's character will develop by the time these shows air.

  14. #64
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,871
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Wait, Bianca worked Hojo? Or are you talking about Kimber? Was saying like Candice, Kimber can get good matches out of people. She is I think the best babyface I seen in wrestling. You just have to get behind her. The Rise of Crown and Court in CHIKARA was simply amazing.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  15. #65
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,036
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Wait, Bianca worked Hojo? Or are you talking about Kimber? Was saying like Candice, Kimber can get good matches out of people. She is I think the best babyface I seen in wrestling. You just have to get behind her. The Rise of Crown and Court in CHIKARA was simply amazing.


    No Bianca lost Hojo in the second round.

    You're acting like Kairi has never faced and carried inexperienced and green talents in Stardom before. She has on multiple occasions.

    And lol at Candice getting good match sour of inexperienced girls.

  16. #66
    Hurricane Upper! CMF's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    692
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dukezilla View Post
    If I want to see fighters, I'll just go watch the UFC or Bellator.

    This is supposed to be a wrestling tournament. They're literally kissing up to Ronda Rousey and I hope it blows up in their face like the LaVar Ball stuff did.
    Shayna is a legit wrestler. She may not have the most experience (just a little over a year of experience), but she can work a match like she's been doing it a lot longer. Do a YouTube search of Shayna vs Britt Baker, Santana Garrett.

    Her personality and how she carries herself make her come off like a big deal.


  17. #67
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    335
    vCash
    2656
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    So who was not good enough to make it to the semi-finals? Mercedes? A 16 year vet who never had her lucky break? Hojo who was used to advertise the show to the Japanese markets and was the most over girl on the show from reports? Toni Storm, also used to sell the Japanese markets and being scouted? Those are the three choices as sure as hell was not going to be Shayna who got coverage everywhere today from this.

    I do not see Bianca being able to work Mercedes or Piper well, given both of those girls hit hard. Candice would have gotten a decent match out of her, but Candice can work anyone to a good match. Ditto for Kimber. Odds are she could not work Hojo due to the language barrier and being young. Evie and Toni maybe, but again, she would have to be carried. Far too green to put against Baszler in a match of merit, as if you look at the talent here, everyone Baszler fought were brought in to make her look great. And as you put it, quite frankly, many would not consider it believable for her to go over far more talented wrestlers that have worked more than two matches.

    So yeah, if people carried here through she could get to the quarterfinals but knowing the finals will be Hojo vs Baszler, there is no path for her to the semifinals that does not have a match she is too inexperienced to pull off. Her single year of experience makes it absurd to bet the quality of the tournament on, and insane to do when you have some of the top women in the world already there. Push her like you wanted and she would be released in six months as it would doom her to failure.
    I never once said she should win. I can care less who wins as long as it's believable. Talent is not something that should be held to a higher standard in WWE. Regardless of all the amazing talent in the ring for this tournament at the end of the day this is a WWE event! If WWE wanted Mercedes they would have had her years ago no doubt about it.

  18. #68
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,871
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Her match with Shirai was amazing. WWE is absolutely right to be trying to sign her. With polish her potential is unlimited. One year with Del Ray and she may become one of the top submission wrestlers out there. The arm work against Shirai was just amazing. What I like most about her, is unlike other girls coming from other sports, it seems her issue is going too over the top at times with selling.

    I really hope she is locked down to a WWE contract. If she walks away after this it will be a huge blow to NXT. She is what WWE wanted from Ronda and should be the MMA star to promote. Ronda is on the fence about wrestling, Shayna is not. Can tell she is wrestling because she wants to be. Hell, they had working like a classic heel and she got it over.

    Santana Garrett is super overlooked now. She seems to weave in and out feds everywhere. If they do sign people, she should be someone to grab and just to see what happens. Believe she is currently nowhere near what she can be.
    Last edited by Engel; 07-15-2017 at 10:13 PM.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  19. #69
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,871
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyRo View Post
    I never once said she should win. I can care less who wins as long as it's believable. Talent is not something that should be held to a higher standard in WWE. Regardless of all the amazing talent in the ring for this tournament at the end of the day this is a WWE event! If WWE wanted Mercedes they would have had her years ago no doubt about it.
    Are you really arguing that talent does not matter? Talent is making things look believable and getting the crowd emotionally involved in the action. Not sure if I am getting trolled or not at this point.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  20. #70
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    335
    vCash
    2656
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Are you really arguing that talent does not matter? Talent is making things look believable and getting the crowd emotionally involved in the action. Not sure if I am getting trolled or not at this point.
    I've clearly stated that. You're trolling yourself with your inability to to understand words that are right in front of your face. I take it you're one of the know it all on the forum that believes your ideas and views are all that matter.

    I said it once and I'll said it again. THIS IS WWE AND TALENT DOES NOT MATTER. Guys are pushed because their Indian and the market needs to be saturated! So yes when it come to WWE because this is their tournament talent does not matter.

    You took what I said way out of context.

  21. #71
    Senior Member SensesFailed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,908
    vCash
    2178
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    I really think getting Bazler into the finals is just a way of trying to get Rousey to do something again in the WWE. The only reason people might know who she is, is because of Rousey, she was a mediocre fighter at best.
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

    And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

  22. #72
    Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hueco Mundo, Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,609
    vCash
    100
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    I read the spoilers and dislike how this turned out. seems Kairi is going to be your winner.. So many potential matchups missed..
    I'm very disappointed.

    Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

  23. #73
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,871
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFailed View Post
    I really think getting Bazler into the finals is just a way of trying to get Rousey to do something again in the WWE. The only reason people might know who she is, is because of Rousey, she was a mediocre fighter at best.
    I wanted to say this, and fuck did just three days ago. Then I read some interviews with Baszler. She is everything they wanted from Ronda already. This IMO shows why she deserves her spot:

    ArabianDisco:
    Are you and Heidi cool now? I saw a video a year or so ago and got a little upset. '

    QoS14:
    Heidi moved to Mexico to feed orphans. Ruby Riot seems to be ok though

    AliGLCFC:
    Were they the same orphans that El Generico retired for?

    QoS14:
    no one will ever know......
    Turns out she loves wrestling and in particular loves catch wrestling. Interesting side note, her dream match:

    agressivepenguin415: What would your dream WWE match be? Who would you wanna face and what style match?

    QoS14: Asuka in a proper Japanese strong style match. Or Nattie in a submission only.
    Also on a fun note, she is a huge fan of Hojo.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  24. #74
    Man with a Plan Ness's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,035
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    Dammit C. Now I don't like her.

  25. #75
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,871
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

    That is why she is so good. She knows how to work everyone.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •