Thread: Love this game but there's way too much down time ...

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Love this game but there's way too much down time ...

The Coliseum events are really cool but would love to see them more often.

I know there's probably quite a lot of work to do in regards to organizing these things but perhaps the responsibility could be divided up? I'd definitely volunteer to help out. I'm sure others would.

I feel like we got a good thing going right now. We got Blindy Vs. LS, with the anonymous GM. Oncalls got the briefcase, I think The Main Event made himself a star in that last event, and Chaos Kid has that box ...

Come on, man! What's in the Box? Awwwwwwww ... what's in the box?

But I'm not looking forward to looking forward to Summerslam. So many weeks away ... so many weeks ...

I'm a Peacock, you know? You gotta let me fly!

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Love this game but there's way too much down time ...

Last year we had a tournanent between Mania and Summerslam so you might not have to wait till August. But since things aren't lining up with the real ones timewise (late starts and spilling over into the next month) we may not have a KOTR event.

I like that it is just the big 4 (or 5). Monthly events may be too much. We used to do just Mania and two tournaments (tag and king) so it is more than before but not overdoing it. Don't want it to get to where we're doing shit like Roadblock.

Of course if more posters got on board (and less people dropping out) I could see demand for more events. As it stands I think we have a good number show wise.

That said stop calling this a game. This is not some fun "thing" we do. This is a war and I will not allow it to be compared to Connect Four!
    Last edited by Ness; 05-19-2017 at 06:51 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Last year we had a tournanent between Mania and Summerslam so you might not have to wait till August. But since things aren't lining up with the real ones timewise (late starts and spilling over into the next month) we may not have a KOTR event.

I like that it is just the big 4 (or 5). Monthly events may be too much. We used to do just Mania and two tournaments (tag and king) so it is more than before but not overdoing it. Don't want it to get to where we're doing shit like Roadblock.

Of course if more posters got on board (and less people dropping out) I could see demand for more events. As it stands I think we have a good number show wise.

That said stop calling this a game. This is not some fun "thing" we do. This is a war and I will not allow it to be compared to Connect Four!
    Not this again. Another "casual" who doesn't take connect four seriously.

Connect Four is the closest to God you will ever get ... seomtimes he comes in diagonally ...

But on the subject of recruitment and and getting people to stay interested. Do we not have many people because we have no momentum? Seems like it may be the case.

Also, is there a standard recruiting tactic? I'd be super happy to help out.

I think this should be monthly. It makes sense from a logistics stand point. 1 or 2 weeks inside the promo thread, 1 or 2 weeks or even less in the actual match threads. I think that has a nice pace to it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with doing it monthly is people get burned out and doing promos starts to feel like a chore. If anything I'd like to shorten the length of the events, but at the same time I always want to be sure to give everyone a chance to promo.

With that said, I do have something new planned during the summer to help freshen the interest up. I think everyone will like it. It'll be before SummerSlam but like last year's Gold Rush, it will once again have big SummerSlam implications.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    Not this again. Another "casual" who doesn't take connect four seriously.

Connect Four is the closest to God you will ever get ... seomtimes he comes in diagonally ...
    I may break from my Cabinet position by PW WM 14 and challenge you to a match in Connect Four. We'll do it live in front of dozens of PW's faithful. It's on Dog. MANSPREADING/mWo will never be over.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    I may break from my Cabinet position by PW WM 14 and challenge you to a match in Connect Four. We'll do it live in front of dozens of PW's faithful. It's on Dog. MANSPREADING/mWo will never be over.
    It's not a rivalry if it's all one sided. I vaguely remember me and the mWo guys beating your team but after that it was jet planes, long limousines, jet planes, long limousines, jet planes, long limousines, long-long limousines, long-long limousines ...

I do think Dog Vs. Ness is a feud that will be remembered. We has some killer bra and pantie matches, credit where credit its due ...

And I don't think THAT will ever end. I'm pretty sure you're the annoyimous GM giving Blindy this hard time ...

Thread Information