Thread: CM Punk returning to Pro-Wrestling?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CM Punk returning to Pro-Wrestling?

Here we go! 3 and a half years since Punk has retired from pro-wrestling and now there seems be an offer on the table. All kinds of websites are stating that Punk has been offered a cool million dollars for a one-off in the UK. I'm a Punk mark as you all know and as it says under my avatar, and I know Punk has stated he's done with pro-wrestling and has moved on. He's left door open for some wrestling company not named WWE and this U.K. Promotion fits the bill.

I know he's still shooting for a 2nd UFC fight, but it's not looking likely. Also, his comic books haven't sold well as he announced a few weeks ago, and now he's on some reality TV show on MTV. I love Punker, and if he was just enjoying retirement and his wife and dog and watching baseball and hockey all day, I'd understand. But, with him being on a reality TV show on MTV which I thought he'd never do and pursuing a 2nd fight in UFC, he should keep door open for making an easy million and then moving on. It's not long term. Just a one off deal and he can peace out. What do you think? Should he pursue this opportunity? Any desire to see Punker lace em' up one more time?

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: CM Punk returning to Pro-Wrestling?

I wouldn't say the Challenge is just some MTV reality show. The show has been on for over twenty nine seasons now, and still remains a huge hit for the channel. Punk along with the other celebrities and Challenge vets are playing for $50,000 to a charity of their choice. Punk's charity is PAWS Chicago. As for his Marvel book, that's a fuck you to Marvel. Marvel likes to hire writers and people of other mediums to write books, but they the company expects the writer to do all the work. This is a good piece on the failures of Marvel. Look at Ta-Nehisi Coates new series that was canceled after two issues. The same would even happen for an author like JK Rowling.

As for Punk returning, I would love to see him. The only way I want to see him back is if he wants to be there, and if the desire is still there. Punk is my favorite wrestler of all time, and my wrestling viewing hasn't been the same since he and DB left.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be stunned if he took them up on their offer. This company reeks of scumbaggery.

People on wreddit have been posting that tickets to the show are more expensive than NXT and they haven't even announced the card, or anyone that is going to be there. They're not going to sell tickets that way and they're never going to make a million bucks in revenue to pay CM Punk (not including the money they'd need to pay everyone else, pay the venue, pay the staff, etc). He'd be a moron if he accepted the offer thinking they could actually pay him.

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Punk laughs it off and says no. I genuinely do.

And by all accounts, this promotion is the scummiest.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it funny they are trying to "buy" Punk. If Punk did shit for the money, he would have return to WWE ages ago. Punk returning would be big money and HHH made it clear the door was open for him to return and I am sure a Brock like deal was offered at some point. Punk just is not into wrestling anymore. He can do whatever he wanted to do really with the Network and he seems to be cool just not doing wrestling at all.

Still would kill for Punk to become a color man for WWE though. Punk on commentary is far better than Punk in the ring.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love for Punk to go to Japan.

Is it because NJPW has a lot of buzz at the moment? Yes, that's exactly it. And I dare say it would be seen by a much larger audience and treated in a way where it doesn't look like a desperate grab for attention by some nobody UK wrestling promotion.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...cm pussy is overrated piece of shit... and has massive ego... Stick to being a wife punkster... Don't want to get hurt again...

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    I find it funny they are trying to "buy" Punk. If Punk did shit for the money, he would have return to WWE ages ago. Punk returning would be big money and HHH made it clear the door was open for him to return and I am sure a Brock like deal was offered at some point. Punk just is not into wrestling anymore. He can do whatever he wanted to do really with the Network and he seems to be cool just not doing wrestling at all.

Still would kill for Punk to become a color man for WWE though. Punk on commentary is far better than Punk in the ring.
    I think Punk would be great at color commentary. Well, he would be great right until that old asshole Vince starts yelling in his ear. I can hear Vince screaming, "Punk, the fans don't want to hear you're story about that time you went to a strip club with so-and-so" they want to hear you talk about how "in all your years in the sports entertainment business you've never seen a talent quite like Roman Reigns" or "how insane Dean Ambrose is". Punk will be the third official victim of the Vince in you ear hit list that includes Foley and Taz

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post

No chance in hell they would offer Punk a Lesnar type deal. Though him on color would be amazing to see.

Thread Information