Thread: Pedophobes

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pedophobes

Ok, I just saw a post on facebook about homophobes are the problem, transphobes are the problem, etc etc. And that got my odd brain thinking. Are people pedophobes? Why not? Or is it only because it is socially justified to be against pedophilia that people aren't pedophobes? Seems to be that some of the harshest critics of pedophilia are the ones most likely to be pedos themselves when it comes to the ultra religous. But I think most would almost proudly call themselves pedophobes.

And yes before anyone starts, I know there is a difference between hebephile and infantfile and all the rest in technical terminology. I am using the common use term of pedophilia and not the scientific term. Pedo- as in, anyone who creeps on minors.

I guess that is really the question. Is it just social acceptance that justifies calling people the name of word+phobe? And deeper yet, does labelling and shaming anyone as a phobe ever do any good? It just seems to be a way of isolating and calling out someone.
    I am your God

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pedophobes

What the fuck?

It doesn't make you phobic to think forcing yourself on children is wrong. You're comparing that to people who are ignorant of adults making adult decisions and engaging in consensual intercourse, or changing their bodies?

This is fucked up even for you.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry, that isn't really my point. I get there is a huge f'n difference. Maybe there is no real way to explain it.

If it's really that confusing feel free to delete. I am not looking to offend.
    Last edited by Theend; 05-18-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    I am your God

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll leave it for now in case I am totally missing the point but I doubt much discussion will come of it.

Sorry for cursing, I had a frustrating day at work. I stand by what I said though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely understood.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    I am sorry, that isn't really my point. I get there is a huge f'n difference. Maybe there is no real way to explain it.

If it's really that confusing feel free to delete. I am not looking to offend.
    Is what you are trying to say is that they cannot help their desires, therefore we shouldn't judge them for having the feelings, but only if they act on them?

I get the point, but I would still have a phobia of a person with the urge to shoot people, even if he didn't. It's the intent that causes the fear and resentment.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An aspect of pedophilia is manipulation, taking advantage of their prey because no childs brain is fully formed at that age.

People entering into gay relationships, trans relationships etc are more often then not adults, fully aware of the decisions their making with no significant manipulation.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 363

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@RT feel free to shut it down and delete. I don't think anyone is getting the bizarre rand thought I had and maybe the thought wasn't developed enough to share.

It was all about the idea of labelling people phobes not about the difference in homosexuality and pedophilia
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phobias are irrational aversions to something. It's not irrational to be averse to pedophiles.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

odd thing I just learned that pedophobe is a term used for people afraid of children.
    I am your God

Thread Information