Thread: You from 5 years ago vs the you of today

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default You from 5 years ago vs the you of today

I have realized lately that I am a completely different person than who I was in 2012. I had a lot of doubt and fear back then about what my future held and it would keep me up at night. But today I can proudly say that I have accomplished everything that my old self never thought was possible. That really motivates me to never doubt myself again.

So I ask you PW. Are you a different person than you were 5 years ago?

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: You from 5 years ago vs the you of today

There are some ages where people change more than others, I turn 40 this week so I wouldn't say I'm a hugely different person from 35, except that I am a Dad, actually I just became a Dad for the second time.

For me I would change a lot over 5 years until about 27 I was about finished maturing by that age.

vCash
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much better looking.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a dad and having a better job has made my life considerably different, but I'm not sure that I've changed much, just everything around me.

Snake Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if there was much change in me in the last five years, in the last seven definitely. I used to be incredibly shy until I got a job and was forced into a position that made me become more confident. I'm 100x more confident and while I am still shy to an extent and there are things that I don't like doing or situations that I don't like being in, I am a lot more inclined to just do them.

For example, I'm going to Geneva in just under 2 weeks, myself. This is something I would've thought about and never thought of doing because I didn't have the confidence to do so. I'm nervous about it for sure but it is booked and everything so I have no choice, I'm forcing myself to do it.

I will say though that I think I'm a lot more anxious than I used to me and I worry a lot. I always did have this side to me but I feel like it is worse than it used to be.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderately better off these days, from 25-27 my mental shit was beating the ever loving fuck out of me, those were the years I was truly at my worst. Still gets me now and then but those years were constant maelstroms of mental maladies. Really not too much of a different person otherwise though, my big change came from 19-24, which led to the breakdown years; but from that point on, pretty consistent. Can't imagine much change these days, about as mature as can be. Tell ya in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more happier career wise than I was back then and I didn't change my career I just sort of changed my attitude on it. Also now I think i'm more realistic about what relationships are going to be like. I used to be so just stuck on this fairy tale of finding this perfect woman whose going to make me happy and blah blah blah. Now I realize that doesn't exist. I have tried and I realized that I need to make me happy, I can't have some woman be happiness to me because that road will always lead to disappointment. So the realization that i'm better off being single forever has calmed me in a lot of ways. I'm just more honest with myself nowadays. I've often tried to live the life of someone that at my core I wasn't which I think is why I often sabotaged things in my life. So yeah, just compared to 5 years ago i'm a lot more mellow and more honest with myself.

Thread Information