Thread: You from 5 years ago vs the you of today

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default You from 5 years ago vs the you of today

I have realized lately that I am a completely different person than who I was in 2012. I had a lot of doubt and fear back then about what my future held and it would keep me up at night. But today I can proudly say that I have accomplished everything that my old self never thought was possible. That really motivates me to never doubt myself again.

So I ask you PW. Are you a different person than you were 5 years ago?

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: You from 5 years ago vs the you of today

There are some ages where people change more than others, I turn 40 this week so I wouldn't say I'm a hugely different person from 35, except that I am a Dad, actually I just became a Dad for the second time.

For me I would change a lot over 5 years until about 27 I was about finished maturing by that age.

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much better looking.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a dad and having a better job has made my life considerably different, but I'm not sure that I've changed much, just everything around me.

Snake Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if there was much change in me in the last five years, in the last seven definitely. I used to be incredibly shy until I got a job and was forced into a position that made me become more confident. I'm 100x more confident and while I am still shy to an extent and there are things that I don't like doing or situations that I don't like being in, I am a lot more inclined to just do them.

For example, I'm going to Geneva in just under 2 weeks, myself. This is something I would've thought about and never thought of doing because I didn't have the confidence to do so. I'm nervous about it for sure but it is booked and everything so I have no choice, I'm forcing myself to do it.

I will say though that I think I'm a lot more anxious than I used to me and I worry a lot. I always did have this side to me but I feel like it is worse than it used to be.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderately better off these days, from 25-27 my mental shit was beating the ever loving fuck out of me, those were the years I was truly at my worst. Still gets me now and then but those years were constant maelstroms of mental maladies. Really not too much of a different person otherwise though, my big change came from 19-24, which led to the breakdown years; but from that point on, pretty consistent. Can't imagine much change these days, about as mature as can be. Tell ya in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more happier career wise than I was back then and I didn't change my career I just sort of changed my attitude on it. Also now I think i'm more realistic about what relationships are going to be like. I used to be so just stuck on this fairy tale of finding this perfect woman whose going to make me happy and blah blah blah. Now I realize that doesn't exist. I have tried and I realized that I need to make me happy, I can't have some woman be happiness to me because that road will always lead to disappointment. So the realization that i'm better off being single forever has calmed me in a lot of ways. I'm just more honest with myself nowadays. I've often tried to live the life of someone that at my core I wasn't which I think is why I often sabotaged things in my life. So yeah, just compared to 5 years ago i'm a lot more mellow and more honest with myself.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    Much better looking.
    Do you get better looking everyday?
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm an considerably lesser weight and size to what I was in 2012. Happier, Healthier and mentally sound. Working in a job that I love, enjoy the team I work with.

Also... my facial hair has went from caterpillar look to slug dying a horrible slow death... so there's that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    Do you get better looking everyday?
    No I have good days and bad days. Monday was a shocking hair day, Wednesday I moisturised so was looking especially radiant.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty much the exact same as I was 20 years ago, let alone 5. I've just become more hermit like, but otherwise, the same: same industry, same weight, same disposition, same tastes, same style (well, maybe that changed about 15 years ago).

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also a bit more of a recluse than I was. I mean I was always kind of a home body but now it's like I pretty much only go to work and the grocery store.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm immensely different. Five years ago I hadn't even gotten engaged to my wife, was just starting grad school and rising at work was the No. 1 thing in my life.

Flash forward and I'm married, have a kid, another on the way, changed jobs to a company with a far better culture and overall couldn't be happier.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

It's actually Doctor Whom Froggy's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting question.

Absolutely fuck loads has changed for me, but almost all of it has to do with the fact that five years ago I was single, and hadn't met my now girlfriend.

It's our fourth anniversary at the end of July, and I own a house with her. I still work for the same company as I did then, albeit in a different job (promoted once since then), so not too much change there.

I'd say I'm a better person now than I was five years ago. I know more about how to be truly selfless than I thought I did back then, and whilst I'm nowhere NEAR selfless - I now try and aspire to that - I know just how lucky I am.

I'm fatter, too.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes.

In May of 2012, I was super pumped for Avengers.

In August 2012, I moved from Delaware to North Carolina, and bought my first house.

In December 2012, I started dating the woman I would marry 2 years later.

In June of 2013, I met spotty.

In August 2013 (and August 2014), I went to DragonCon, and met some of my heroes, including Brent Spiner, Joel Hodgson, Amy Acker, James Marsters, Michael Rooker, Cary Elwes, and many more.

In February 2014, I got into the worst car accident I've ever been in. Another car driving on the wrong side of the road (right towards us) ended with us colliding with a drainage pipe. My car was totaled, but my fiancée and I were ok.

In December 2014, I got married (for the first time).

In March 2016, my wife became pregnant.

In September 2016, I started Atheist News.

In December 2016, my daughter was born.

It's definitely been a crazy five years for me.

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Fake Religious Humility (music video with "I'm So Humble" by The Lonely Island)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so 23 - 28 now yeah a lot has changed... Mother of 2, got married now waiting for a divorce. Guess I just learnt I can do stuff on my own an I'm stronger than I thought I was �� xXx

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a massive beard now, when back then all I had was just a small chin goatee. I got my current job back in 2012, it'll be five years exactly come this September 27th. I like my job even if it is retail, and I do have my bad days but so does everyone and you just move on and get over it. I enjoy the people that I work with, which is why I really stick around, and I don't feel like looking for another job either. I was single back then and I'm single now, but I did have a girlfriend in between the five years, the relationship lasted for a few months but we still keep in touch regularly and remain good friends. I got prescribed to my anti-depressants five years ago this August, and like my job I have those bad days but I get through it the best I can and just move on.

Not much has changed I guess, well except my facial hair status.

Banner Credit: surrender

"If a lot of people loved each other, the world would be a better place to live" - Tommy Wiseau

Thread Information