Thread: Ways to Improve Chikara?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ways to Improve Chikara?

Generally, Chikara receives positive feedback. But every promotion can improve. So I'd like to list and give a short blurb about some key areas Chikara needs improving.

I invite all you guys to do the same.

1. Develope the villains more. What do the Flood, Nazmuldun and nearly every bad guy on the roster have in common? They're all undeveloped or non-developed. Can anyone tell me what the Flood's goal was without referencing some obscure storyline from the past or something off the Chikara wiki?

motivations should be clear in the actual shows themselves and I don't think chikara bad guys have this clarity. Which brings me to ...

2. Tighter storylines that don't take a whole season to resolve. I think Challenge of the Immortals was a waste. But I did enjoy the storylines of Soldier Ant and Crown Court. Princess Kimberly inspired Los ICe Creams to greatness and I loved every minute of it.

That being said, it took a long time and many shows to do these things. It could have been done in 3 months. And if you think that's extreme? It could have at least been done in six, leaving time for more stories. And we desperately need that time because right now Kimberly and Heidi are in Orlando doing God knows what. You never know how much time you have with your top tier talent. Or even your mid card.

Chikara needs to shorten the leagnth of their stories so we can squeeze more in.

3. More midcard stories. I loved the Gentlemen's club challenge of the immortals team. The matches were fun but they did nothing with those guys. They did nothing with Kingston after season 14. Where's the Thunderfrog? (I'm only up to blink in season 18 but he wasnt' even there in 17 and he was sparingly used in 16.)

Everyone needs a storyline. EVeryone. But especially your top guys.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ways to Improve Chikara?

I am not feeling the last two seasons very well. They lost a lot of guy at once, and never really replaced them. Then again, this is a recurring theme with CHIKARA. If the Eye storyline is really wrapped up, then not sure where CHIKARA goes as that drove all the big storylines. Sure we have the CHIKARA watch forming, but no major villain. When CHIKARA had a villain they seemed to strive. When one is not present then kind of start to go astray. I mean think of the best years. We had BDK, Flood, Gekido, Condor, Kings of Wrestling, Nazmuldun and so on.

One thing with Quack is never count him out. CHIKARA waxes and wanes, but they always come back.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    I am not feeling the last two seasons very well. They lost a lot of guy at once, and never really replaced them. Then again, this is a recurring theme with CHIKARA. If the Eye storyline is really wrapped up, then not sure where CHIKARA goes as that drove all the big storylines. Sure we have the CHIKARA watch forming, but no major villain. When CHIKARA had a villain they seemed to strive. When one is not present then kind of start to go astray. I mean think of the best years. We had BDK, Flood, Gekido, Condor, Kings of Wrestling, Nazmuldun and so on.

One thing with Quack is never count him out. CHIKARA waxes and wanes, but they always come back.
    I'm actually really enjoying this new season so far, granted, I'm only up to blink, but that was the first national pro wrestling day I actually like.d. It was the only one I felt was actually a part of Chikara as opposed to a little aside ...

So I have high hopes. Speaking of villains, I think Whisper will be cool. It sucks that we dont' have Kimberly there because he's the reason she left ...

But I agree. The villain, always need to devoleop him/ her.

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make it an actual anime.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need's a gritty reboot.

vCash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Needs to be DELETED.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Condor did delete CHIKARA once already

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that why they had a zero year? I haven't really followed them since a little before they took that absence before restarting again so that's a serious question.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nath45 View Post
    Need's a gritty reboot.
    Yeah, like, if Christopher Nolan did Bible Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Needs to be DELETED.
    You will never Delete their Zany Brilliance! They will simply rise from the Ashes of Chikara ... Ageen! And Ageen! And Ageen! And Ageen! And Ageen! And Ageen! And Ageen! Ageen! Ageen! Ageen! Ageen! Ageen!

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Condor did delete CHIKARA once already
    Dasher Hatfield slaps his Old Timey dick on Condor security!

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Is that why they had a zero year? I haven't really followed them since a little before they took that absence before restarting again so that's a serious question.
    Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh Yeeeeeeees.

Thread Information