Thread: Greatest Wrestlers in WCW History Countdown

vCash
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Greatest Wrestlers in WCW History Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    I don't know man but I wish I could rep Icon for that sweet as pic in his sig:

Goldberg & Warrior together, too sweet.
    The dirt sheets were going crazy over this pic, especially after Warrior died. SEE WARRIOR AND GOLDBERG TOGETHER! It originated from WCW Magazine. They had a bunch of cool pictures in those, it's also the source of my Sting meets Sting signature I had.

Last edited by The Icon; 05-17-2017 at 12:17 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in.

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Djm gtfih!

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Received another ballot + supplemental last night.

69 entries have now received votes. Some surprises so far. A few acts I expected to be on every ballot have been left off one or two. One of my top ten entries has only made two ballots out of four!

While the Supplemental Countdown is looking gloriously chaotic. 22 entries have received votes through four ballots. Think the ECW Supplemental only had 20 entries receive votes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My memory is starting to suck and trying to be fair to each era I know I left some off my list that should have been on it. Then there are a few others that made my list because they were my favorites. If everyone had the same list this really would not be any fun.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in.

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my 50 narrowed down, much easier than I thought it would be. I put together a list of my favorites and still had 7 slots left open. Now just got to work on ranking them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got two more ballots since my last post. That makes seven so far. Taking into account who voted, and who has yet to vote, turnout should surpass the ECW Countdown, which is great. The more the merrier.

One of the wrestlers I really wanted to get a vote just received one. I was *this close* to spoiling it by telling the whole world in my excitement Now if the other guy I just couldn't find room for gets a vote all will be right with the world.....even if my #6 & #12 continue to be left off many ballots

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm stuck at like 68 and struggling with ranking. Debating giving into the urge to do an odd ranking to throw some extra weight at guys who I want to make sure get due love.

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to know who's gonna put my girl Spice on their non wrestler top 10?

My list is done and sent. Unlike PI I had a hard time filling out the last 10 spots, so many guys that got pushed or had really long accomplished(kayfabe) runs in WCW I just did not care for, while a lot of my favorites either had really short runs or just weren't really pushed into prominent roles. A lot of WWF and ECW guys on my list, I also struggled with ranking guys based on who I loved when I was watching back in the day(1994-2000) vs guys who I like a lot watching the old tapes recently.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 05-19-2017 at 11:01 PM.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    I just want to know who's gonna put my girl Spice on their non wrestler top 10?

My list is done and sent. Unlike PI I had a hard time filling out the last 10 spots, so many guys that got pushed or had really long accomplished(kayfabe) runs in WCW I just did not care for, while a lot of my favorites either had really short runs or just weren't really pushed into prominent roles. A lot of WWF and ECW guys on my list, I also struggled with ranking guys based on who I loved when I was watching back in the day(1994-2000) vs guys who I like a lot watching the old tapes recently.
    That's part of my problem... It's hard to neutralize favoritism. And trying to focus on more objective measures like kayfabe success, magazie awards, longevity, drawing power, influence/impact, has me including some guys who wouldn't make the cut at all possibly if I were to gear this more toward who I enjoyed. Coffee's on. Gonna try to knock this out this morning during my morning shits before it's time for yard chores.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Tentative deadline is May 27th.
    I got tomorrow off, so I'll try and get a list put together for this, though don't be surprised if Jeff Jarrett makes my top ten.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2
    Tiger Mask W

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to this, my list is in.

The biggest challenge was voting for guys who felt over at the time, as opposed to guys who's work held up better or who had the most quote on quote great matches. 1st and 2nd seem like no-brainers to me, but the list gets really challenging from then on, especially when you factor in longevity and peak years for the company.

I can't wait for the results to come in and to read some of the amazing write-ups. When PW was messed up earlier, one of the reasons I bothered to check in was because of that amazing ECW thread. It's pretty crazy that after all these years, that one little company from Philadelphia is still having a positive impact albeit on a small community of Pro Wrestling nerds.
    @ShinobiMusashi - I'm ready whenever you are to get this 1997 Monday Night Wars book club going.

I feel kinda invincible Kilgore's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    I can't wait for the results to come in and to read some of the amazing write-ups. When PW was messed up earlier, one of the reasons I bothered to check in was because of that amazing ECW thread. It's pretty crazy that after all these years, that one little company from Philadelphia is still having a positive impact albeit on a small community of Pro Wrestling nerds.
    You were missed. @Strobe and @KingInTheNorth too.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got another ballot in. Up to 8 now. Judging by the interest shown, and a few new people already sending in ballots, I'm expecting to have at least 13 voters this time around. ECW countdown only had 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    I got tomorrow off, so I'll try and get a list put together for this, though don't be surprised if Jeff Jarrett makes my top ten.
    I am cool with this. It would be no more 'out there' than a few of the ballots I've already received

This thing has been gloriously chaotic so far. Every time I think a pattern is developing the next ballot I get crushes that idea. 94 acts have received votes so far.

The Supplemental countdown is even more all over the place. At the rate we're going I'm likely to have more supplemental entries than proper countdown entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Looking forward to this, my list is in.

The biggest challenge was voting for guys who felt over at the time, as opposed to guys who's work held up better or who had the most quote on quote great matches. 1st and 2nd seem like no-brainers to me, but the list gets really challenging from then on, especially when you factor in longevity and peak years for the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
    You were missed. @Strobe and @KingInTheNorth too.
    Seconded.

I still need to hear Pete's reasoning for how Tommy Dreamer; a long laster who may have wrestled more ECW matches than anybody, was a Top 5 company face for six years, and had no less than the 2nd greatest feud in company history- is a 'middle of the road candidate at best.'

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List submitted. Hard as fuck. Left some big names and some favorites off. Came up with stretch justifications for doing so, and had to repeat those justifications to myself over and over. Wish I'd waited to do my supplemental list until after. I think I could've bumped a guy or two from the wrestler list to the supplemental list to open up a few critical spots. Dropped some beloved tag teams because I was already giving love to certain individuals and figured the love for the tag work would carry over. I dunno... so hard, so excited for the countdown reveal!
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been stuck on 9 ballots for a few days now. The May 27th deadline is fast approaching. @Fisto @SM? @UT @The Show @WrestlingRecap @Lony have all expressed interest. Get those ballots in! @Kilgore is in that group too but I already know he'll send a ballot in on the last day as is his way.

So far 96 acts have received votes broken down into 79 singles wrestlers and 17 tag teams. The current Top 50 is the best yet imo. It was.....weird for a very long time The top two have a pretty sizable lead over the competition and there's a big point gap between #8 and #9.

A whopping 32 people have received a Supplemental Vote and that one is still anybody's ballgame .

vCash
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't make no promises because my next two days are fairly full but I will definitely try.

vCash
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry, I've been working on my list. Just have to sort out some rankings. Been listening to the Tony Schiavone podcast so I'm in a major WCW mood at the moment. I'll have this list in for sure.

All credit goes to surrender!

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been working on my list as well, should have it in by Friday.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2
    Tiger Mask W

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been stuck on 9 ballots for a few days now. The May 27th deadline is fast approaching. @Fisto @SM? @UT @The Show @WrestlingRecap @Lony have all expressed interest. Get those ballots in! @Kilgore is in that group too but I already know he'll send a ballot in on the last day as is his way.

So far 96 acts have received votes broken down into 79 singles wrestlers and 17 tag teams. The current Top 50 is the best yet imo. It was.....weird for a very long time The top two have a pretty sizable lead over the competition and there's a big point gap between #8 and #9.

A whopping 32 people have received a Supplemental Vote and that one is still anybody's ballgame .
    I'll try to get one. If the order matters, mine will probably just people who enter my head. I'll try though man!

vCash
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will get a list in this weekend.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been toying with a list, but not sure if I'll get it done before the deadline.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Received two more lists and a supplemental since my last post. We're now up to 11 voters- same as the ECW countdown. So I've been comparing the two lists.

It's still wide open as evidenced by a bunch of Top 10 changes caused by the last two voters. Another wrestler shot up from outside of the Top 50 all the way to #40 over the last three voters. We're also creeping ever closer to the magical 100 number with 98 acts having now received votes.

The Supplemental List is even more wide open with 37 different acts having received votes- almost double the amount of vote getters in the ECW Countdown.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wanted to be apart of this but i only recently watched through some nitro era stuff and there's still alot of WCW i haven't seen. and don't have time to make a list. i'll be along for the ride though. your a trooper for sorting through all this stuff.

Thread Information