Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Billy Corgan to purchase the NWA.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Billy Corgan to purchase the NWA.

Quote Originally Posted by nath45 View Post
    How so?

Creatively? Influence? Market share? In-Ring? Put personal preference for the obscure aside, how is it better than those previously listed companies?

And how has that translated into some sort of measurable success? That would help sell ' Billy Corgan. Executive Producer, Director, Promoter. ' ?
    Creatively and In Ring. It was a good company while he was there. That in itself, was the measurable success.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    Creatively and In Ring. It was a good company while he was there. That in itself, was the measurable success.
    No. Wrestling is junk food. Not art.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    It doesn't have to be junk food. I don't consider Chikara Junk food. Or Lucha Underground, when it works. We just need serious writers who understand drama and comedy to start writing wrestling.

And coming back to the subject at hand ... Corgan could do wonders in that way. Though to my knowledge he isnt' a writer. But still creative. Not the worst storyteller.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me, if the man's name wasn't Billy Corgan, of The Smashing Pumpkins fame - would you be so proactively supporting a promoter whose resume, creativity and body of work is overwhelmingly underwhelming?

Would TNA actually employ someone based on these credentials - excusing the rub they expected to get, by hiring an aging rock-star? Or for the financial life-support that came with him.

They hired / partnered with Corgan because of his $50 million Net Worth - Billy Corgan's biggest mistake wasn't being swindled by TNA - it was thinking that TNA hired him for anything more than his money. Dan Bilzerian could buy into the company tomorrow, and TNA would convince him, he has more to offer TNA than his bank account.

Being rich doesn't equate talent, especially when the riches weren't made in the industry in question. Most people have never heard of Resistance Pro Wrestling, nor care. It's claim it fame, is Billy Corgan - It's the only thing separating it from countless independents. And TNA, well... where do we start? It was awful before, during and after Corgan's run. He did little to better TNA, if better it at all. If anything the entire experience highlighted what a naive, gullible businessman he is.

Space Invaders Champion! Hexxagon Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Why can't it be both?

When you boil it down to its elements, when done well wrestling is telling a story with little to nothing in the way of speaking- human drama. It is no less performance art than ballet or animation. It is live theater in the round.

Back to the point: I'm going to have to side with nath45 on this one. It would barely be news at all if it was a retired middle school principal buying it... though that story would raise questions of how he/she got the money to do so.
    If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
    -John Stuart Mill

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Slug View Post
    Why can't it be both?

When you boil it down to its elements, when done well wrestling is telling a story with little to nothing in the way of speaking- human drama. It is no less performance art than ballet or animation. It is live theater in the round.

Back to the point: I'm going to have to side with nath45 on this one. It would barely be news at all if it was a retired middle school principal buying it... though that story would raise questions of how he/she got the money to do so.
    Ranch, mother Fudgers!

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me, if the man's name wasn't Billy Corgan, of The Smashing Pumpkins fame - would you be so proactively supporting a promoter whose resume, creativity and body of work is overwhelmingly underwhelming?

Would TNA actually employ someone based on these credentials - excusing the rub they expected to get, by hiring an aging rock-star? Or for the financial life-support that came with him.

They hired / partnered with Corgan because of his $50 million Net Worth - Billy Corgan's biggest mistake wasn't being swindled by TNA - it was thinking that TNA hired him for anything more than his money. Dan Bilzerian could buy into the company tomorrow, and TNA would convince him, he has more to offer TNA than his bank account.

Being rich doesn't equate talent, especially when the riches weren't made in the industry in question. Most people have never heard of Resistance Pro Wrestling, nor care. It's claim it fame, is Billy Corgan - It's the only thing separating it from countless independents. And TNA, well... where do we start? It was awful before, during and after Corgan's run. He did little to better TNA, if better it at all. If anything the entire experience highlighted what a naive, gullible businessman he is.
    I've not said one word about the Smashing Pumpkins. I wasn't the biggest fan. Though I do like the two big tracks of Meloncholoy and infinite sadness. I like that song that might be something along the lines of "Glysterine?" I enjoyed Zwan's big hit.

But in this thread, on this topic, I've made not one mention of Mr. Corgan' music. Which to my knowledge, I coudl be wrong, hadn't even made it on the shows. RPro or TNA.

I'm only discussion him as a wrestling mind here and yeah, I think he's pretty solid.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. I see that Billy is/was basically everything in the Smashing Pumpkins. He wrote the songs, instrumentals and vocals. Most band musicians I know just show up to play and can't write a song to save their lives. At the very least he is an extremely creative person whose work has gone multi-platinum on quite a few occasions. So you pair up the lifelong wrestling fan inside Corgan with the genius creative side and I would say that gives him advantages over most other "money" people. BTW, most rich people I know don't have a drop of creative blood in them. The only creative thing they know how to do is find a guy who can tell them how to take a lot of money and turn it into more money.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bischoffs brain View Post
    I don't know. I see that Billy is/was basically everything in the Smashing Pumpkins. He wrote the songs, instrumentals and vocals. Most band musicians I know just show up to play and can't write a song to save their lives. At the very least he is an extremely creative person whose work has gone multi-platinum on quite a few occasions. So you pair up the lifelong wrestling fan inside Corgan with the genius creative side and I would say that gives him advantages over most other "money" people. BTW, most rich people I know don't have a drop of creative blood in them. The only creative thing they know how to do is find a guy who can tell them how to take a lot of money and turn it into more money.
    It's a good point. And I think the proof is in the pudding. He did really well with all that underappreciated Midwest talent. D'Arcy Dixon, Mickie Knuckles, Mary Dobson, The Soul Touchas, Scotty the Kid Young, The Ego, that big dude who's some kind of a cult leader ...

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen any RevPro, but have heard good things. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do with NWA. I could not tell you the name of one Pumpkins song. The guy clearly has a passion for wrestling, and I hope it translates well into whatever it is he has planned for this deadstock brand.

Also, Soul Touchas! Hope they are a part of Billys plans.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KashDinero View Post
    I haven't seen any RevPro, but have heard good things. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do with NWA. I could not tell you the name of one Pumpkins song. The guy clearly has a passion for wrestling, and I hope it translates well into whatever it is he has planned for this deadstock brand.

Also, Soul Touchas! Hope they are a part of Billys plans.
    What is it about the Soul Touchas that people like? No idea. Even as I find them entertaining.

Except that one dude can do color commentary. Come to think of it, I really like the play by play guy too. Hope they're still around. Good team.

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is it about the Soul Touchas that people like? No idea. Even as I find them entertaining.

Except that one dude can do color commentary. Come to think of it, I really like the play by play guy too. Hope they're still around. Good team.
    I don't know about people lol, but I like 'em because they got wicked cool names, eye catching movesets, energy to spare, and colourful outfits.

TBH, I haven't seen much of DST outside of Chikara, and can't comment on their colour commentary, but if I had a wrestling promotion they would definitely be on my roster.
    Last edited by KashDinero; 05-07-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KashDinero View Post
    I don't know about people lol, but I like 'em because they got wicked cool names, eye catching movesets, energy to spare, and colourful outfits.

TBH, I haven't seen much of DST outside of Chikara, and can't on their colour commentary, but if I had a wrestling promotion they would definitely be on my roster.
    I could say that about a lot of the mid west.

I really dug Metro Pro before they lost the TV deal. I don't know if theyr'e still doing the quarterly shows. But if they are, theyr'e free on youtube so ...

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stick to music Billy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've not said one word about the Smashing Pumpkins. I wasn't the biggest fan. Though I do like the two big tracks of Meloncholoy and infinite sadness. I like that song that might be something along the lines of "Glysterine?" I enjoyed Zwan's big hit.

But in this thread, on this topic, I've made not one mention of Mr. Corgan' music. Which to my knowledge, I coudl be wrong, hadn't even made it on the shows. RPro or TNA.

I'm only discussion him as a wrestling mind here and yeah, I think he's pretty solid.
    Pretty solid? A page ago his work was " awesome " - tell us how?

Billy Corgan wouldn't even be able to enter into the conversation about buying, running or working in the wrestling industry if it weren't for his success as a musician. You don't have to be a fan of his music, but you need to acknowledge, Billy Corgan isn't here because of his apparent talent, or apparent success in the wrestling business.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty solid? A page ago his work was " awesome " - tell us how?

Billy Corgan wouldn't even be able to enter into the conversation about buying, running or working in the wrestling industry if it weren't for his success as a musician. You don't have to be a fan of his music, but you need to acknowledge, Billy Corgan isn't here because of his apparent talent, or apparent success in the wrestling business.
    I feel like we're nitpicking here. I'm pro Corgan. Take it for what it's worth.

Also I don't care what got him into the door, I like what he did once he was in. And like it or not, Corgan is a wrestling guy. Probably more of an insider than you or I will ever be.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like we're nitpicking here. I'm pro Corgan. Take it for what it's worth.

Also I don't care what got him into the door, I like what he did once he was in. And like it or not, Corgan is a wrestling guy. Probably more of an insider than you or I will ever be.
    If I had a 50 Million net worth, I could be anything I wanted - including TNA president.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had a 50 Million net worth, I could be anything I wanted - including TNA president.
    I'm not disagreeing with you ... ?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Oh but ain't that America, for you and me
    Ain't that America, we're something to see baby
    Ain't that America, home of the free, yeah
    Little pink houses for you and me, oh for you and me"

Thread Information