Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Billy Corgan to purchase the NWA.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Billy Corgan to purchase the NWA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
    I agree with this in the sense that NWA has been irrelevant for so long, it's not toxic. If somebody started a wrestling show with an NWA name, it wouldn't be much different than a startup to most, except you get the lineage as a nice bonus for those that care about such a thing.

With that being said, the NWA most likely won't become relevant again, but for reasons outside of its name, like money for talent, the availability of talent, and a strong platform to broadcast its shows.
    Yes and keep in mind that as in any medium, it's so much easier to do a bad show than a good one.

BTW, there are numerous NWA tv shows out there. They're all regional and they all suck. I'm not even sure if SAW is still running.

I think they changed their name to inferno. https://youtu.be/Gg8hvylzDn4

That's their last show from February. Tim Storm is the champ now. Of Traditional Championship Wrestling fame. You could do a lot worse.

Here's what I think about your potential obsticles. There's a lot of talent out there. I think they'll be fine. Availability of the talent wont' be an issue, because pro wrestling is not a business with a lot of over head. You can schedule around the talent.

And anyone with a YouTube account can broadcast. This would be grassroots. First you make sure live event tickets pay for your show, then you try to sell your show to a tv network or go the Chikara route and make your own subscription based network.

It's just a matter of if Mr. Corgan wants to do that. He may just make it a governing body (which would suck) and just focus his creativity on one or more promotion.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    Yes and keep in mind that as in any medium, it's so much easier to do a bad show than a good one.

BTW, there are numerous NWA tv shows out there. They're all regional and they all suck. I'm not even sure if SAW is still running.

I think they changed their name to inferno. https://youtu.be/Gg8hvylzDn4

That's their last show from February. Tim Storm is the champ now. Of Traditional Championship Wrestling fame. You could do a lot worse.

Here's what I think about your potential obsticles. There's a lot of talent out there. I think they'll be fine. Availability of the talent wont' be an issue, because pro wrestling is not a business with a lot of over head. You can schedule around the talent.

And anyone with a YouTube account can broadcast. This would be grassroots. First you make sure live event tickets pay for your show, then you try to sell your show to a tv network or go the Chikara route and make your own subscription based network.

It's just a matter of if Mr. Corgan wants to do that. He may just make it a governing body (which would suck) and just focus his creativity on one or more promotion.
    I think a real governing body actually may be beneficial for the NWA. You see all these fly-by-night companies run a few shows and then they disappear. You can find their skeletons all over the internet in the form of websites that have not been updated since 2008. Issues with financing is probably the biggest problem. I think a lot of fans think they can run a promotion only to find out the reality after running their fist few shows. If the show breaks even then they should consider themselves lucky as most of the time these small promoters lose money. Of course, even if you break even or make a little money, you might not think it was worth the time. Anyway, a governing body could help in these matters. They can assist rookie promoters with financing so they can get well known talent to perform. Also, a governing body could potentially sign some well known talent to multiple shows and then disperse the dates to the rookie promotions. That will cost much less than a rookie promoter signing a guy coming out of the WWE to a one-night deal that costs them a fortune.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bischoffs brain View Post
    I think a real governing body actually may be beneficial for the NWA. You see all these fly-by-night companies run a few shows and then they disappear. You can find their skeletons all over the internet in the form of websites that have not been updated since 2008. Issues with financing is probably the biggest problem. I think a lot of fans think they can run a promotion only to find out the reality after running their fist few shows. If the show breaks even then they should consider themselves lucky as most of the time these small promoters lose money. Of course, even if you break even or make a little money, you might not think it was worth the time. Anyway, a governing body could help in these matters. They can assist rookie promoters with financing so they can get well known talent to perform. Also, a governing body could potentially sign some well known talent to multiple shows and then disperse the dates to the rookie promotions. That will cost much less than a rookie promoter signing a guy coming out of the WWE to a one-night deal that costs them a fortune.
    I wish that were true, Brishoff. But it just isn't. Reality is that while most wrestling companies go under? Wrestling companies also make money. A governing body would have no real way of making money at all so it coudlnt' help anybody. The only thing the NWA was good at was anti-trust, which is illegal. it only served to protect markets for individual business owners by not allowing other business owners to operate within it's "Territory."

Not to mention when you get in bed with other people, you gotta consider both interests. It's hard enough for a company to be successful with one guy calling the shots, trying to make his vision work.

When you get more in there, it's harder. Then you get the wrestlers who don't wanna lost to this guy or that guy, but they'll only lose if the other guy cheats, ect.

There's just no reason for a governing body.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish that were true, Brishoff. But it just isn't. Reality is that while most wrestling companies go under? Wrestling companies also make money. A governing body would have no real way of making money at all so it coudlnt' help anybody. The only thing the NWA was good at was anti-trust, which is illegal. it only served to protect markets for individual business owners by not allowing other business owners to operate within it's "Territory."

Not to mention when you get in bed with other people, you gotta consider both interests. It's hard enough for a company to be successful with one guy calling the shots, trying to make his vision work.

When you get more in there, it's harder. Then you get the wrestlers who don't wanna lost to this guy or that guy, but they'll only lose if the other guy cheats, ect.

There's just no reason for a governing body.
    Governing body isn't the right word for what I had in mind. More like a central booking company that could help small companies survive. The way the old NWA was set up wouldn't even work anymore. First, basically everyone is sort of competing against whatever national products there are as opposed to other small wrestling companies in most of the markets. I know on any given Saturday night there might be 3 or 4 indie cards in Philadelphia trying to get the same pot of money, but for the majority of the rest of the markets you just need to convince the WWE fanbase to give you time of day. So, first they need to know you exist. Once they know you are there you have to try to lure them in with a face or two they might be familiar with. So marketing and known talent is what you need, but that just happens to be the two most expensive deductions on the accounting sheet. If you make a mistake on either of these things in your first group of shows, you might not be able to have another set of shows. The way to save money on talent and marketing is through large purchases of advertising and talent booking. The same way Wal-Mart owns retail is buy buying such large quantities of stuff and shipping it out to all there Mom and Pop store killing megastores.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Governing body isn't the right word for what I had in mind. More like a central booking company that could help small companies survive. The way the old NWA was set up wouldn't even work anymore. First, basically everyone is sort of competing against whatever national products there are as opposed to other small wrestling companies in most of the markets. I know on any given Saturday night there might be 3 or 4 indie cards in Philadelphia trying to get the same pot of money, but for the majority of the rest of the markets you just need to convince the WWE fanbase to give you time of day. So, first they need to know you exist. Once they know you are there you have to try to lure them in with a face or two they might be familiar with. So marketing and known talent is what you need, but that just happens to be the two most expensive deductions on the accounting sheet. If you make a mistake on either of these things in your first group of shows, you might not be able to have another set of shows. The way to save money on talent and marketing is through large purchases of advertising and talent booking. The same way Wal-Mart owns retail is buy buying such large quantities of stuff and shipping it out to all there Mom and Pop store killing megastores.
    The NWA can't help anybody. There's nothing the NWA coudl do to lower the price or absorb some of the price of talent. The actual promotion still has to pay.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The NWA can't help anybody. There's nothing the NWA coudl do to lower the price or absorb some of the price of talent. The actual promotion still has to pay.
    I'm not so sure about that. If I just left the WWE and am going into/back to the indies and someone wants to book for me for say $2,000 for one appearance or $8,000 guaranteed for 5 appearances at various venues, I would take the 5 appearances. A start-up indie probably can't swing $8,000 and besides you don't want the same talent over and over anyway. The $500 saved goes a long way to pay brand new guys as they usually get to split the leftovers which sometimes amounts to nothing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so sure about that. If I just left the WWE and am going into/back to the indies and someone wants to book for me for say $2,000 for one appearance or $8,000 guaranteed for 5 appearances at various venues, I would take the 5 appearances. A start-up indie probably can't swing $8,000 and besides you don't want the same talent over and over anyway. The $500 saved goes a long way to pay brand new guys as they usually get to split the leftovers which sometimes amounts to nothing.
    You make a good point there. I'd especially favor this kind of thing if they planned on using the guy every month.

So let's say Cesaro or Zack Ryder or Nattie Niedhart finally realize they're wasting their careers in the 'E ...

If I was gonna have Zack Ryder confirmed for every monthly show of a calendar year or something, I'd be happy to use him. Even make him my champ.

Might have a point.

Some logistical issues though ... It would be hard for NWA members (Although I guess they might vote on it.) to all agree on who to fill those slots with. This promotion's booker might love Ryder while this other promotion's booker may hate him. And favor a Cesaro type.

True, you may be able to use a couple of spots. So you can have 4 or even 6 such caliber athletes.

However, it may get to the point where everyone starts having a roster that looks largely the same. (Although you coudl break it up so that X amount of promotions get these stars and X amount get a different set. Or a combination fo both sets ...)

The last issue I'd have with it is these kinds of things make everything predictable. If you know promoters are voting on what the champ is, you know there's gonna be disagreements, botched angles that never make through to the end (USWA/AWA anyone?) all kinds of back stage politics and you know who has the best shot at winning championships because while some may like a Dusty Rhodes and some may like a Ronny Garvin? EVERYONE likes a Ric Flair.

I prefer a one booker type system where sure, the more popular guys are always in the picture but the storytelling always for surprises and winners and champions who serve the story as opposed to a popularity contest.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make a good point there. I'd especially favor this kind of thing if they planned on using the guy every month.

So let's say Cesaro or Zack Ryder or Nattie Niedhart finally realize they're wasting their careers in the 'E ...

If I was gonna have Zack Ryder confirmed for every monthly show of a calendar year or something, I'd be happy to use him. Even make him my champ.

Might have a point.

Some logistical issues though ... It would be hard for NWA members (Although I guess they might vote on it.) to all agree on who to fill those slots with. This promotion's booker might love Ryder while this other promotion's booker may hate him. And favor a Cesaro type.

True, you may be able to use a couple of spots. So you can have 4 or even 6 such caliber athletes.

However, it may get to the point where everyone starts having a roster that looks largely the same. (Although you coudl break it up so that X amount of promotions get these stars and X amount get a different set. Or a combination fo both sets ...)

The last issue I'd have with it is these kinds of things make everything predictable. If you know promoters are voting on what the champ is, you know there's gonna be disagreements, botched angles that never make through to the end (USWA/AWA anyone?) all kinds of back stage politics and you know who has the best shot at winning championships because while some may like a Dusty Rhodes and some may like a Ronny Garvin? EVERYONE likes a Ric Flair.

I prefer a one booker type system where sure, the more popular guys are always in the picture but the storytelling always for surprises and winners and champions who serve the story as opposed to a popularity contest.
    Yeah, I'm not even sure you need a "world" champ. I understand Corgan believes the NWA has some kind of name value. However, build some credibility before you call anyone a world champ. It didn't really fool anyone when regional companies made their own "world champ" after they dropped out of the NWA in the 80's because they didn't want to pay Flair 20%. WCCW,Memphis and Mid South all dropped out of the NWA. Mid South eventually sold out to Crockett run NWA, while WCCW and Memphis joined up with the AWA. I think in hindsight the only smart move was Watts selling out to Crockett. Fritz Von Erich had to con his sons to sell the company and the ownership in Memphis is a story by itself. Having a world champ would only cause problems in the beginning without any real payoff in the form of big gates to see the "world champ".

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm not even sure you need a "world" champ. I understand Corgan believes the NWA has some kind of name value. However, build some credibility before you call anyone a world champ. It didn't really fool anyone when regional companies made their own "world champ" after they dropped out of the NWA in the 80's because they didn't want to pay Flair 20%. WCCW,Memphis and Mid South all dropped out of the NWA. Mid South eventually sold out to Crockett run NWA, while WCCW and Memphis joined up with the AWA. I think in hindsight the only smart move was Watts selling out to Crockett. Fritz Von Erich had to con his sons to sell the company and the ownership in Memphis is a story by itself. Having a world champ would only cause problems in the beginning without any real payoff in the form of big gates to see the "world champ".
    For some reason, in my mind, the NWA Championship and that iconic belt is gonna play into it here. I think a lot of people will be disapointed if it didn't.

I'm really big on my idea: Make it a promotion.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like to be pessimistic all the time. But, this what is it? The third attempt at pro. wrestling for Corgan? It ain't working.

You can throw money at something, you can have the rights to some decent music to make your show look cool, you can hire some of the best independent wrestlers in the world who aren't already more concerned with NXT, WWE, NJPW, ROH, every other promotion worth a dime. But he won't. It will be a mish-mash of former WWE & TNA guys who don't really have that much on. The fact is, even with a half-decent roster in TNA, Corgan did nothing of relevance to lift, grow, reestablish, whatever, the TNA brand. TNA is no better today thanks to Corgan. His time showed, despite an active interest in wrestling, and a needy Dixie Carter - it doesn't make you a promoter.

The NWA. It's 2017, is it not? Unless entry to Corgan's promotion includes the use of a flux capacitor, no-one cares. It's as simply as that.

Corgan would be better off buying into ROH, as purely a silent investor, and throw his apparent unlimited financial resources at bringing all the NJPW talent to ROH as often as possible.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nath45 View Post
    I don't like to be pessimistic all the time. But, this what is it? The third attempt at pro. wrestling for Corgan? It ain't working.

You can throw money at something, you can have the rights to some decent music to make your show look cool, you can hire some of the best independent wrestlers in the world who aren't already more concerned with NXT, WWE, NJPW, ROH, every other promotion worth a dime. But he won't. It will be a mish-mash of former WWE & TNA guys who don't really have that much on. The fact is, even with a half-decent roster in TNA, Corgan did nothing of relevance to lift, grow, reestablish, whatever, the TNA brand. TNA is no better today thanks to Corgan. His time showed, despite an active interest in wrestling, and a needy Dixie Carter - it doesn't make you a promoter.

The NWA. It's 2017, is it not? Unless entry to Corgan's promotion includes the use of a flux capacitor, no-one cares. It's as simply as that.

Corgan would be better off buying into ROH, as purely a silent investor, and throw his apparent unlimited financial resources at bringing all the NJPW talent to ROH as often as possible.
    In my mind, Corgan is proven. His resistance pro run was awesome.

I loved his tna stuff. Minus the DCC.

If he owns this outright/. With no other investors? It'll finally be him getting a shot by himself. That'll be cool.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nath45

Promoting is hard work. It gets no easier given how different things are. The flux capacitor line was gold tho.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my mind, Corgan is proven. His resistance pro run was awesome.

I loved his tna stuff. Minus the DCC.

If he owns this outright/. With no other investors? It'll finally be him getting a shot by himself. That'll be cool.

This is a business, is it not? Do we not expect some sort of growth from TNA, from the people managing the company? Some sort of KPI. If someone assumes the leadership position in any company, there's expectations.

With development embedded in it's mission statement - If NXT hadn't produced any stars - would Triple H still be successful as a promoter/leader? If NXT hadn't grown or helped grow the WWE brand, considering the investment, the talent - would NXT still be successful? Probably not. The man would be buried.

Under Corgan's influence, did TNA grow its brand, it's public image - what did Corgan's time in TNA achieve? He may take credit for ' Broken ' Matt Hardy - that's it. But really, that's like saying Vince McMahon can take 100% credit for Hulk, Austin, Rock - you still need the talent, the worker to make it successful.

What did Corgan achieve in TNA, what separates Corgan from Jarrett, Carter, Bischoff, Hogan, Russo? Creatively was TNA better under Corgan - debatable. But if that's how we're going to measure Corgan's success in TNA - That's not good enough, and you're given Corgan a pass because he's Billy Corgan.

And who lends TNA and Dixie Carter money anyway? Corgan had cash to spend, Dixie saw a mark coming a mile away, and Corgan got to play fantasy booker. I'm sure, if I had a spare $1m lying around, I could be TNA president.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a business, is it not? Do we not expect some sort of growth from TNA, from the people managing the company? Some sort of KPI. If someone assumes the leadership position in any company, there's expectations.

With development embedded in it's mission statement - If NXT hadn't produced any stars - would Triple H still be successful as a promoter/leader? If NXT hadn't grown or helped grow the WWE brand, considering the investment, the talent - would NXT still be successful? Probably not. The man would be buried.

Under Corgan's influence, did TNA grow its brand, it's public image - what did Corgan's time in TNA achieve? He may take credit for ' Broken ' Matt Hardy - that's it. But really, that's like saying Vince McMahon can take 100% credit for Hulk, Austin, Rock - you still need the talent, the worker to make it successful.

What did Corgan achieve in TNA, what separates Corgan from Jarrett, Carter, Bischoff, Hogan, Russo? Creatively was TNA better under Corgan - debatable. But if that's how we're going to measure Corgan's success in TNA - That's not good enough, and you're given Corgan a pass because he's Billy Corgan.

And who lends TNA and Dixie Carter money anyway? Corgan had cash to spend, Dixie saw a mark coming a mile away, and Corgan got to play fantasy booker. I'm sure, if I had a spare $1m lying around, I could be TNA president.
    RPRo grew under Corgan and declined without him. He wasn't at TNA long enough to grow it. And they had problems on the business side of things that made growth unlikely despite the creative product.

Also there's no evidence NXT is profitable. I hear even RAW loses money. WWE makes money from it's TV deal and the live shows are actually probably more expensive than it needs to be.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPRo grew under Corgan and declined without him. He wasn't at TNA long enough to grow it. And they had problems on the business side of things that made growth unlikely despite the creative product.

Also there's no evidence NXT is profitable. I hear even RAW loses money. WWE makes money from it's TV deal and the live shows are actually probably more expensive than it needs to be.
    Being profitable? That's not the intent. It's goal is to grow the business, grow the WWE, develop talent. Being profitable, is a byproduct of NXT's success, whether they need it or not. NXT has the luxury of being under the WWE umbrella, and may never need to be profitable on it's own. Yet comparing NXT in 2012 to NXT in 2017 - it's clearly a success, more so than even the WWE had imagined in 2012 when they decided, NXT was a developmental brand.

Yet TNA and NXT have a very similar model. TNA hires independent talent, primarily. As does NXT. Despite the WWE PC, NXT's growth and success is built on the backing of independent talent.

Ok, it's easy to say WWE can put NXT on the Network and it doesn't matter what they book... fair call, and it doesn't matter how good or bad things are in NXT behind the scenes. But they wouldn't be doing 15,000 seat arenas and touring the world, if the product wasn't good.

Resistance Pro Wrestling was founded by Corgan right? So when you're growing from nothing, and you get 50 people through the door on your first show, then a year later you're drawing 100 people. That's a 100% increase in ticket sales in one year. You've doubled ticket sales! I could be wrong. It's just creative accounting to make something look more successful. It's easy done.

So now, in TNA. How do we measure TNA's success under Billy Corgan? If the man is going to have credibility in purchasing and running the NWA and all. He doesn't have experience - No more so than a 1000 different independent promoters.

If Billy Corgan didn't have his net worth, and wasn't a successful rockstar 25 years ago and had to apply for the job running the NWA - how would he sell them on hiring Billy Corgan?

What makes Billy Corgan the right man for the job?

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being profitable? That's not the intent. It's goal is to grow the business, grow the WWE, develop talent. Being profitable, is a byproduct of NXT's success, whether they need it or not. NXT has the luxury of being under the WWE umbrella, and may never need to be profitable on it's own. Yet comparing NXT in 2012 to NXT in 2017 - it's clearly a success, more so than even the WWE had imagined in 2012 when they decided, NXT was a developmental brand.

Yet TNA and NXT have a very similar model. TNA hires independent talent, primarily. As does NXT. Despite the WWE PC, NXT's growth and success is built on the backing of independent talent.

Ok, it's easy to say WWE can put NXT on the Network and it doesn't matter what they book... fair call, and it doesn't matter how good or bad things are in NXT behind the scenes. But they wouldn't be doing 15,000 seat arenas and touring the world, if the product wasn't good.

Resistance Pro Wrestling was founded by Corgan right? So when you're growing from nothing, and you get 50 people through the door on your first show, then a year later you're drawing 100 people. That's a 100% increase in ticket sales in one year. You've doubled ticket sales! I could be wrong. It's just creative accounting to make something look more successful. It's easy done.

So now, in TNA. How do we measure TNA's success under Billy Corgan? If the man is going to have credibility in purchasing and running the NWA and all. He doesn't have experience - No more so than a 1000 different independent promoters.

If Billy Corgan didn't have his net worth, and wasn't a successful rockstar 25 years ago and had to apply for the job running the NWA - how would he sell them on hiring Billy Corgan?

What makes Billy Corgan the right man for the job?
    I would say his success in the wrestling business. RPro. I liked this TNA run.

If we're not talking profitablitlity at all, I'd say that strengthens the case for Corgan.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say his success in the wrestling business. RPro. I liked this TNA run.

If we're not talking profitablitlity at all, I'd say that strengthens the case for Corgan.
    I'm sure you and I could pitch something to TNA, or WWE or wherever, and it could be good. I do it every day on these forums, eventually something is going to be worth producing.

So he's done nothing of any real value then?

RPro isn't on the same level as ROH, Evolve, PWG, Chikara is terms of influence or place in the wrestling universe.

Cary Silkin, Joey Ryan, Gabe Sapolsky and Mike Quackenbush could all make stronger arguments as to why they should being running the NWA. The have experience, and success.

So, TNA is a dead horse. Yet creatively the product wasn't better with Corgan onboard. The Final Deletion, if that's it. That's not enough.

So if being a rich, is his only real qualification...

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure you and I could pitch something to TNA, or WWE or wherever, and it could be good. I do it every day on these forums, eventually something is going to be worth producing.

RPro isn't on the same level as ROH, Evolve, PWG, Chikara is terms of influence or place in the wrestling universe.

Cary Silkin, Joey Ryan, Gabe Sapolsky and Mike Quackenbush could all make stronger arguments as to why they should being running the NWA. The have experience, and success.

So, TNA is a dead horse. Yet creatively the product wasn't better with Corgan onboard. The Final Deletion, if that's it. That's not enough.

With the exception of Chikara, I would say that RPro under Corgan was better than every single one of those promotions. If your criteria for a good Executive Producer of wrestling is PWG, Evolve or ROH? RPro was way better.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the exception of Chikara, I would say that RPro under Corgan was better than every single one of those promotions. If your criteria for a good Executive Producer of wrestling is PWG, Evolve or ROH? RPro was way better.
    How so?

Creatively? Influence? Market share? In-Ring? Put personal preference for the obscure aside, how is it better than those previously listed companies?

And how has that translated into some sort of measurable success? That would help sell ' Billy Corgan. Executive Producer, Director, Promoter. ' ?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to give Corgan a thumbs up or down for his time in TNA. I feel bad...or as bad as I can feel for a rich guy, getting snaked by Dixie Carter of all people. Being creative gets a little too complicated when you don't have the money to pay the wrestlers or production for the next set of tapings. You can't really blame him for that. I am not familiar with his other promotion, so I can't judge.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel, the man get's a pass from a lot of people - because he's " Billy Corgan " - He hasn't achieved anything in this business, and was largely granted a position with TNA based on the fact, he paid for it. Corgan is largely a mark with money who again is buying another position and a company, he hasn't earnt.

And if he is so gifted creatively, or as a promoter, why hasn't he returned to Resistance Pro Wrestling? Why isn't Resistance Pro Wrestling one of the great independents? Why hasn't this company grown out of obscurity?

Corgan is no more qualified to run TNA, or the NWA than any other promoter in the US. In fact, he's so under qualified, it would be almost comical if he didn't have money and the personal " Billy Corgan " brand name.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel, the man get's a pass from a lot of people - because he's " Billy Corgan " - He hasn't achieved anything in this business, and was largely granted a position with TNA based on the fact, he paid for it. Corgan is largely a mark with money who again is buying another position and a company, he hasn't earnt.

And if he is so gifted creatively, or as a promoter, why hasn't he returned to Resistance Pro Wrestling? Why isn't Resistance Pro Wrestling one of the great independents? Why hasn't this company grown out of obscurity?

Corgan is no more qualified to run TNA, or the NWA than any other promoter in the US. In fact, he's so under qualified, it would be almost comical if he didn't have money and the personal " Billy Corgan " brand name.
    Ok, if we use that logic then what the hell did Vince earn when his dad gave him a big job then "sold" it to him when there were other people like Monsoon who had been there longer and already had a stake in the company. Of course, Vince says he wasn't given anything. Just like his pal Donald Trump wasn't given any money by his dad. No he loaned an 18 year old millions of dollars for real estate ventures. He acts like every 18 year old gets the same opportunity.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, if we use that logic then what the hell did Vince earn when his dad gave him a big job then "sold" it to him when there were other people like Monsoon who had been there longer and already had a stake in the company. Of course, Vince says he wasn't given anything. Just like his pal Donald Trump wasn't given any money by his dad. No he loaned an 18 year old millions of dollars for real estate ventures. He acts like every 18 year old gets the same opportunity.
    A decade behind the scenes prior to founding Titan Sports and acquiring Capitol Wrestling Corporation from his father. And we're talking about a much different world in the late 1970s.

Eventually, Triple H will take over from Vince McMahon. 25+ years in the business as a performer. Former Executive Senior Advisor, current Executive Vice-president of Talent, Live Events and Creative and founder of NXT. Yet, the guy will be buried by the IWC being seen as being rewarded because of his marriage. Despite the success of NXT.

Paul Heyman got the education, Gabe Sapolsky got an education.

Corgan has an active interest in wrestling. That's great. If it's your passion, do it full time. Don't do rock and roll, don't be a Smashing Pumpkin - get a job writing, learning, being mentored on the front lines, learning the business. That's the difference. Get the education.

Corgan is bypassing all the important stuff, due to his money.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corgan needs to read @WMS' NWA fan fiction, if he hasn't already. Corgan bought the three letters, just like Zuffa paid $2 million for the UFC, everybody thought they were stupid for paying that much for them but I've read quotes where they said that they wanted those three letters, at the time they bought them those three letters didn't really mean that much but they had some recognition, they took those three letters and built a brand out of them. It's possible with the NWA if you could build a promotion and a brand it would be nice to have those three letters, they at least meant something in the past wrestling history and tradition, and sound cooler than any other three letters I've seen startups try to run with lately, probably a better investment than TNA for sure.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A decade behind the scenes prior to founding Titan Sports and acquiring Capitol Wrestling Corporation from his father. And we're talking about a much different world in the late 1970s.

Eventually, Triple H will take over from Vince McMahon. 25+ years in the business as a performer. Former Executive Senior Advisor, current Executive Vice-president of Talent, Live Events and Creative and founder of NXT. Yet, the guy will be buried by the IWC being seen as being rewarded because of his marriage. Despite the success of NXT.

Paul Heyman got the education, Gabe Sapolsky got an education.

Corgan has an active interest in wrestling. That's great. If it's your passion, do it full time. Don't do rock and roll, don't be a Smashing Pumpkin - get a job writing, learning, being mentored on the front lines, learning the business. That's the difference. Get the education.

Corgan is bypassing all the important stuff, due to his money.

That would be nice even commendable if there were actual jobs out there to get that don't have the letters WWE in front of them. Any jobs left over not in the WWE are always given to the same old people over and over. Look at Terry Taylor. How many times he has worked for WCW, WWF, WCW, WWE, TNA, WWE, WWE etc. Look at management in TNA right now. A rehashed group that was there before/during/after Bischoff/Hogan era. A job in WWE is not realistic and we know the deal with TNA.

Thread Information