Thread: Payback: Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley (c)

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Payback: Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley (c)

RAW Women's Championship
    Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley (c)

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Payback: Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley (c)

Very glad (and a little surprised) that they pulled the trigger on Bliss here. They desperately needed a fresh champion in the midst of this never-ending Sasha/Bayley/Charlotte saga that's been focused on for years. Enjoyable match with a nice ending.

I wonder if Alexa will continue to feud with Bayley and Sasha or if she'll have a transitional feud with Mickie. Either way I think Bayley or Sasha will have the title in time for their inevitable singles match at SummerSlam.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really didn't think much of the match at all honestly. As long as Alexa is the title scene were are going to get "diva" style/quality matches , with little to no innovation. This is disappointing as I thought we were beyond that with more athletic matches, that were comparable to what the men were doing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was really good match myself, was pleasantly surprised to see Alexa pick up the win. Having said that, it's nice to see her get this history making moment, especially since I figured they would have given it to Charlotte Flair. I love Alexa though, she's such a great heel... one of only a handful of reasons I even check out Monday Night Raw, so hopefully she'll have a lengthy title reign.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super
    Skull Man, The Reflection

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sasha's about to own a shiny belt

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good match with a nice ending. I've always been a fan of the DDT so Alexa using it as a finisher is really lifting my spirits. The ring post spot and the DDT afterward made a lot of sense to knock someone out, so kudos to that. Congratulations also to Alexa for making history and becoming the first woman to hold the new titles. She's a three-time champion now, matching Sasha on the main roster. WOW.

I'd have her rehash her issues with Mickie and resolve that while Banks and Bayley feud. Sasha NEEDS to turn on Bayley. Anything else would be a total disappointment. And they can do that while they fight for who gets to battle Bliss.

This also means it may take a while before Charlotte wins the title over Naomi, which is fine with me. Naomi deserves a lengthy title reign while she, Charlotte, and Becky put Nattie and her jobbers in place.
    ★ DO IT WITH FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great match. Although, I would have preferred for Bayley to retain. I felt they gave the belt to Alexa right away. After Alexa, whose is next to be champion? That is my wonder now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The right call was made.

They need a talker, they need someone like The Miz who can carry the feud. Bayley can't talk, can't act, but is decent in the ring. Soft. But decent. However, the act is old, they need to develop her character if she is to be a long term pet project for the WWE. They need to toughen her up. Sasha on the other hand, listening to Sasha Banks speak is like listening to Naomi speak - everyone in the room is now dumber having listened to it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its Bayley/Sasha AND James/Bliss, what does Nia do?

Be Emma's enforcer and wreck Dana Brooke?
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    If its Bayley/Sasha AND James/Bliss, what does Nia do?
    Go away for an extended period of time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it was painfully obvious Bliss was going over, it was the right call. Good match. I loved Corey for it too. 25 friends and family in attendance. Her hometown and she could only find 25 that liked her?

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charlotte will still be the first woman to hold all three WWE Women's Titles - NXT, RAW, and SD. Glad Alexa got it though. I don't know if I could've withstood a boring Bayley-Nia or Bayley-Sasha feud for the title.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank god Bayleys reign is over. Its been an embarrassingly awful title reign that shouldn't have even lasted this long.

As for the match itself I thought it was very well done. The 2nd best match of the night.

Bliss as champion is the best option. She can carry any feud on the mic and sells amazingly in matches. She's the ideal cowardly cocky heel.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they screwed up Bayley's chase into Mania with the whole interference thing with Sasha and THAT lead to nowhere, as well as defeating Charlotte at a PPV. And then the Mania match was just as important as the number one contenders match a few weeks later. i.e. No Story.

So this is actually a real plus for Bayley more than you think. Firstly, chasing against someone who can truly hurt and attack her character that will cause the fans to actually care for her. Then if it continues into Sasha eventually getting it and then turning heel on Bayley, it'd finally give that arch and chase that the Bayley character needs.
    Candice Larae, Bea Priestley, Nixon Newell, and Tessa Blanchard tribute
    Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
    Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
    Cena fan for LIFE
    Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    they screwed up Bayley's chase into Mania with the whole interference thing with Sasha and THAT lead to nowhere, as well as defeating Charlotte at a PPV. And then the Mania match was just as important as the number one contenders match a few weeks later. i.e. No Story.
    Yup, Mania booking was strange all around for both brands. Bayley and Naomi should have captured their first titles right at mania, not weeks before. There was no logic in how both storylines were handled.

I like Alexa just fine and I believe in her bright future but her wrestling is the epitome of the PC Center product. Very safe and formulaic. I need her matches to be a little more spontaneous and experimental. I wouldn't go so far as to say that she's putting on diva era matches. To me, she's a lot better than say... Layla, Alicia or even Eve Torres but her product is definitely more basic than some of the more seasoned girls.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surrender View Post
    Yup, Mania booking was strange all around for both brands. Bayley and Naomi should have captured their first titles right at mania, not weeks before. There was no logic in how both storylines were handled.

I like Alexa just fine and I believe in her bright future but her wrestling is the epitome of the PC Center product. Very safe and formulaic. I need her matches to be a little more spontaneous and experimental. I wouldn't go so far as to say that she's putting on diva era matches. To me, she's a lot better than say... Layla, Alicia or even Eve Torres but her product is definitely more basic than some of the more seasoned girls.
    She pretty much how people see the Miz. Good look and strong mic skills but safe in the ring not that it really a bad thing. I remember Raven stating somewhere that a lot of younger talent shouldn't be concern learning 100s of moves. Get a few core moves and then work on your character work.
    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    She pretty much how people see the Miz. Good look and strong mic skills but safe in the ring not that it really a bad thing. I remember Raven stating somewhere that a lot of younger talent shouldn't be concern learning 100s of moves. Get a few core moves and then work on your character work.
    Alexa literally has her ddt, her vader-sualt finisher, and the sunset flip thing. .

Miz has his signature moves + other stuff he'll throw in from time to time like power bombs, slams, and submissions.

Alexa wrestles like the Bella's did when they first came back to WWE, before Nikki's injury. Part of the problem is she's so tiny.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dex-star View Post
    Alexa literally has her ddt, her vader-sualt finisher, and the sunset flip thing. .

Miz has his signature moves + other stuff he'll throw in from time to time like power bombs, slams, and submissions.

Alexa wrestles like the Bella's did when they first came back to WWE, before Nikki's injury. Part of the problem is she's so tiny.
    insult to injury, skateboard on their heads, forearm smash all or signature moves, she has an entire arsenal when attacking the arm.
    Candice Larae, Bea Priestley, Nixon Newell, and Tessa Blanchard tribute
    Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
    Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
    Cena fan for LIFE
    Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not what you do, it's the how and why you do it.

It's the reason why no-one can remember any X-Division match apart from Joe v CD v AJ. They are so highly polluted by miss-cues, poor timing, excessive displays of over the top athletic ability and spots. Alexa's fore-arm smash, says more than any of Naomi's flopping around. Again - It's not what you do, it's the how and why you do it. The intent, the motive. The fundamentals, the basics tell the story.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree that Alexa's wrestling has not been up to the standards of her contemporaries, but she's far better than a Maryse or a Kelly Kelly. Sure, she may not have as many moves as the Four Horsewomen, but she's an excellent character worker and makes the most of her "limited" arsenal. I haven't been overly impressed with her ring work as a whole, but her tables match with Becky and the Payback match with Bayley are two of my favourite women's matches since Bayley and Alexa joined the main roster. Payback may have been Alexa's best match in general.

vCash
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're always gonna be better off with a basic or even sub-par moveset if your character work as they say "is on point". People have been bitching about Jericho being several steps behind guys over his last run, but his character made up for it. At the same time it's a lot easier to be a heel who trashes everyone than to get where people like you for doing something that isn't that. A lot more freedom on the mic.

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's remember, she began training 4 years ago.

I'd say he's doing pretty good.

Thread Information