Thread: How to get over heartbreak

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to get over heartbreak

Hi all!

I used to post on here a few years back but life got busy and I just stopped logging in. Life's been rough lately though and this place had always been very therapeutic to me in the past.

Recently my girlfriend and the love of my life decided to end our relationship after nearly 4 years and I am having a real hard time dealing with it. My mind is becoming my own worst enemy and I lost touch with all my friends over the years. I feel so alone, I've barely slept, and I've barely eaten in weeks.

I wanted to ask for advice on what I should do to carry on. Distract myself. Better myself. Just get over this.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to get over heartbreak

They say that time heal all, and its true but the first few months are the hardest and you think nothing will ever get better no matter what ever anyone say or what advice you get, probably the best thing to do is get busy find something to take your mind off things, and find another focus and that will help. The last thing you need to do is relive everything in your head about what happened, there is never any easy answer as everyone is different but time is a great healer

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man. I try to keep believing that in time I will heal. Some days I'm ok and others I think about all the happy times we had and break down. Just a freaking roller coaster of feelings. I feel like if I do distract myself then I will have an easier time letting go some day.

-Fresh Prince-

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    Hi all!

I used to post on here a few years back but life got busy and I just stopped logging in. Life's been rough lately though and this place had always been very therapeutic to me in the past.

Recently my girlfriend and the love of my life decided to end our relationship after nearly 4 years and I am having a real hard time dealing with it. My mind is becoming my own worst enemy and I lost touch with all my friends over the years. I feel so alone, I've barely slept, and I've barely eaten in weeks.

I wanted to ask for advice on what I should do to carry on. Distract myself. Better myself. Just get over this.
    I find talking about it always helps. It's just good to get it out there so with that said...did she give a reason why she was dumping you?

One of my worst break ups was when a girl I was just head over heels for in college dumped me out of the blue. Just one day she said she was moving to another state and then I saw her get in a car with some good looking guy and they drove off. Needless to say I was emotionally destroyed, I felt like a fool and that I meant nothing to her when she met the world to me. I broke up with a pretty great girl for her too which made things worse. At the time it just gutted me. HOWEVER with time comes healing and reflection. Like now I can look back and realize that she really wasn't a very good person to me ever, and the way she ended it was the punctuation mark on what a straight up bitch she really was.

What sucks about break ups is that in your mind you link things together. Like songs you both loved and would maybe fuck to are now ruined for you. Movies that you watched together and had a good time over can get tainted. Places you both frequented together are now just a bad memory. Break ups just flat out suck, there is no easy way through them just let time heal it and in the mean time just work on you man. Join a gym, start writing, start a blog, start a youtube channel, learn to play guitar. Just throw yourself into things. Maybe get a dog. There are lots of distractions you can do to help yourself through this rough time and little by little you'll find ways to move along without her.

Vendrell has had TWO failed engagements and a failed marriage under his belt so you ever want to talk about it just message me or just do it here man, spill dem beans.
    Last edited by vendrell; 04-30-2017 at 11:01 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her main reasons were that she wants to move away out of state and I don't, she also felt I wasn't being very supportive. I worded things wrong a lot and it came out that way apparently. Plus she has severe depression, bipolar disorder, and anxiety that has been getting worse. She wants to work on herself. She bottled up a lot of that and pretended to be happy to make me happy. I'm not sure if we will ever be a couple again but we did agreed to stay friends and so far it's working out that way.

You're right though there are so many songs, movies, restaurants, parks, just everything a memory causing me to get emitional. I'm trying to exercise because then I will feel good about myself especially if trying to start another relationship some day. I don't go to bars or anything like so I don't socialize a whole lot.

Thank you reaching out vendrell.

-Fresh Prince-

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd honestly cut all ties with her if I were you. Being friends is probably not gonna help things IMO. You obviously still love her, so having her in your life at all is going to make it very hard to move on. How are you going to feel when she starts dating and sleeping with guys? I would not be surprised if she already is. That's usually what girls mean when they say they want to "work on themselves" or "finding themselves".

You're probably a wreck, so why put yourself through that? It'll hurt at first, but I personally would rather deal with the hurt of simply thinking about it now rather than finding out later via social media updates or the dreaded relationship status change on Facebook.

She's gonna be moving, so she won't be in your life physically anyways so I say just rip the band aid off. No contact seems like the best thing to do here. The best way to get over someone is to get under someone new. You're far more likely to do just that if she's outta your life and you're not still hoping to rekindle what you guys had.

And honestly it's probably for the best. Depression, bipolar and other mental problems are not something you wanna deal with.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes time to get over heartbreak, but go to the gym, browse the internet, watch wrestling, do fun things. Remember to remain positive. It gets easier.

You said you have no friends, maybe hang out with family members?

Start acting really weird, call your brother "Nero". Demand green beans from your mother.

Make everyone pity you because you're a broken man!

But seriously, when I was low, my family helped a lot.
    Last edited by CellWaters; 04-30-2017 at 05:21 PM.
    There is nothing you can Cell... not even Waters!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

embrace the heartbreak and the loss. it is all part of the beautiful process. I love every part of falling in love. From highs to low.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    embrace the heartbreak and the loss. it is all part of the beautiful process. I love every part of falling in love. From highs to low.
    This.

Bang a prostitute. Bang her brains out. Make her feel your heartbreak.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hit the steroids* and lift some weights, your confidence will rebuild as your body grows before your eyes. It's miserable, I went through a really bad one back when I was 19-20, probably came really close to trying to kill myself on the real is how bad it got. Dark dark days, crazy to think about all the awesome shit I would have missed had I took my own life, had some great moments and been with some bad ass bitches that I never would have thought possible back then when I was at rock bottom. You just got to keep grinding and give yourself a chance. One day you wake up and regret wasting all those years crying over a stupid bitch that you were better off without in the first place.

*-don't do steroids I was just kidding, laugh

vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Hit the steroids* and lift some weights, your confidence will rebuild as your body grows before your eyes. It's miserable, I went through a really bad one back when I was 19-20, probably came really close to trying to kill myself on the real is how bad it got. Dark dark days, crazy to think about all the awesome shit I would have missed had I took my own life, had some great moments and been with some bad ass bitches that I never would have thought possible back then when I was at rock bottom. You just got to keep grinding and give yourself a chance. One day you wake up and regret wasting all those years crying over a stupid bitch that you were better off without in the first place.

*-don't do steroids I was just kidding, laugh
    You know what's crazy about that? My boy did that shit like 2-3 years ago. He was devastated and after moping around for 2-3 months, he started doing steroids and went from a skinny kid to a solid dude. He's now 25, banged so much more vagina and is now in a relationship. Weird that's some shit that I did see with my own eyes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the comments and advice. I truly appreciate all of it. I'm taking it all to heart and the last couple of days have gotten quite better. I've been doing a lot more exercising and went out and reconnected with people I lost touch with over the years which has also been a huge help. You live and learn I guess on the road called life.

-Fresh Prince-

Space Invaders Champion! Hexxagon Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always threw myself into my work. This may explain why my efficiency has always been lowest after a breakup.
    If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
    -John Stuart Mill

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One good to take your mind off of her if need be is delete any photos you may have of her, u friend her from Facebook, whatever else. You won't think about them if you don't see them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take the pain, misery and heartache and bottle it up an try to ignore it. Washing it down with whiskey helps. Remember, the best ay to get over someone is to get under someone else.... and make sure your ex finds out about it!
    Making PW great again!

Thread Information