Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

  1. #1
    Senior Member vendrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,288
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    I was just cleaning out an overstuffed closet of randomness today and I stumbled across a box of Ring Of Honor wrestling dvds. There was a time when I bought damn never every Ring of Honor show from like 2004-2007. Needless to say I had a shit ton of DVDs. Then I just got to thinking about how weird it was that one day I just kind of lost interest in it and now haven't bought a DVD of it since then. I watch it every once in a while on tv but I wouldn't say I follow it.

    Finding "the one". I used to love the idea of this and still do but I used to enjoy the chase of it all, now I don't even like that. After my last relationship ended about a year ago, I just have had zero desire to meet anybody and just being alone forever seems pretty damn sweet. That isn't a "I'm still reeling from my break up and i'm just saying that" talk. I'm well over it. It's just now I don't care about it and I thought that would never happen. I thought I would always be at least always interested in finding that one special person but now I really don't think that exists, it's all hollywood bull shit. There is no special person for everybody.

    Playing with wrestling action figures. This was my not so secret shame, a thirty odd year old man still playing with action figures. One day last year though I took them out from under my bed and realized I hadn't played with the damn things for about two years and that made me so sad because it was like that was the last bit of childhood I had been holding onto. I took them and donated them to needy kids at christmas. I have to admit, I cried a bit.

    What of you PW? What have you lost interest in that you once enjoyed? It can be anything. Lets just get this ball a rollin'
    Last edited by vendrell; 04-29-2017 at 09:51 PM.

  2. #2
    #throwback mikec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    @mikec31
    Age
    34
    Posts
    19,822
    vCash
    17097
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Seems the easy one here for me to say is pro wrestling. When I started posting here in 2001 I was able to recite every heavyweight championship since the first Wrestlemania and within a year I wasn't even watching anymore. I bought tickets to a house show the next year but left in the middle. Apart from using some moves on my kiddo when we play I don't ever think of wresting anymore.

    But I'm like that with lots of things. I get obsessive then eventually drop it. I was as big a survivor nerd as there was and now the thought of watching it puts me to sleep. I was a notorious Counting Crows diehard who has none of their songs on my iPhone currently, etc.

    AM radio is probably the last good example I have of this, but once I started listening to podcasts talk radio was stupid for me. I also have maybe played thirty minutes of video games since my daughter was born partially because of her and partially because my wife and I are home at the same time now when we used to work opposite shifts so I had way more Madden time.

  3. #3
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,923
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    Finding "the one". I used to love the idea of this and still do but I used to enjoy the chase of it all, now I don't even like that. After my last relationship ended about a year ago, I just have had zero desire to meet anybody and just being alone forever seems pretty damn sweet. That isn't a "I'm still reeling from my break up and i'm just saying that" talk. I'm well over it. It's just now I don't care about it and I thought that would never happen. I thought I would always be at least always interested in finding that one special person but now I really don't think that exists, it's all hollywood bull shit. There is no special person for everybody.


    For me it's horror movies and heavy metal music. This used to be my life, but now... meh. Just not in the mood for jump scares and screaming and terror when I want to watch a movie anymore. I get in the mood for heavy metal music every once in a while still, mostly when I'm hitting the weights, just doesn't push my buttons like it used to though. Also I think writing is something I used to love but lost interest in, went through a phase that peaked and now I'm on the downside of it to where it's more of a pain in the ass to have to write something than anything else.

  4. #4
    I feel kinda invincible Kilgore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,920
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Pretty much everything.


  5. #5
    Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western Illinois
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,428
    vCash
    1920
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Video games. I used to enjoy playing them heavily, but as I got older, my interest went away. By the time I was 16 or 17, I'd sit down preparing to play Madden for a few games, but then get bored after one game, and go do something else. I never bought any video game systems after the PS2, and while I can occasionally watch a video of people playing games on YouTube (like Xavier Wood's Up Up Down Down channel or a video by Slogoman, Jelly, and Kwebblekop), my interest in playing them all the time is long gone.

  6. #6
    Fan Fic HOFer Kid Jericho's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18,947
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Collecting comic books. I was a hardcore DC Comics fan, and while my interest had been waning somewhat, the Nu52 completely destroyed my passion. Even with their new attempt to undo it via "Rebirth," they still burned me too much as a fan.

    [π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

  7. #7
    Senior Member vendrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,288
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Kid, your avatar reminded me...the show Mad Men. I loved it's first three seasons but after that I just quit watching. I haven't seen an episode sense the S3 finale. I just lost interest in it despite really enjoying it for three seasons. Maybe one day I will jump back in but right now there is no interest in going back and finishing the series.

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1430
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    I used to love horror film as a kid but they kind of bore me now

  9. #9
    Senior Member vendrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,288
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    I used to love horror film as a kid but they kind of bore me now
    I'd say sort of but not really for me. There was a time when I would just see any horror movie that came out but now my tastes have changed. I still love horror movies but they need to have some creativity to them. I'm not against all jump scares, but as a viewer they need to be earned, not just handed out like candy. If I'm "BOO!"scared 5 times in the first 15 minutes, to me that means the people making this movie just flat out don't give a fuck and are going to resort to that bull shit of some douche bag friend banging on the window and laughing about it like a jackass for jump scares. I can't stand that shit. That is just lazy lowest common denominator horror trickery. It's so lame. I want real fear inside myself because the story telling and the atmosphere are genuinely creepy. I go back to the movie Sinister as a perfect mix of what good horror should be. It was creepy and put that little ping of fear in my guts. Yes it did have a couple jump scares BUT they were earned not tossed around like candy on halloween.

  10. #10
    Fan Fic HOFer Kid Jericho's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18,947
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    Kid, your avatar reminded me...the show Mad Men. I loved it's first three seasons but after that I just quit watching. I haven't seen an episode sense the S3 finale. I just lost interest in it despite really enjoying it for three seasons. Maybe one day I will jump back in but right now there is no interest in going back and finishing the series.
    Three was the best of the seven seasons by far. The show had its ups and downs, but it's still my favorite show of all time. Definitely worth finishing out the final four seasons.

    [π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

  11. #11
    Still Relevant! Ness's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    25,864
    vCash
    2050
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Wrestling for sure. Not to say I don't still check stuff out, but man a few years ago I was all over everything. All the weekly stuff from WWE, TNA and every indy thing I could get my hands on. All the big ones and even shitty hardcam events from garbage like IWA. Somewhere around 2012 it just stopped being fun for me. I cut out for a bit until NXT got big. I explained it in the NXT thread, but even that got kinda dull. I check out segments for certain people (see my Fave Five thread) but that's even starting to become more trouble than it's worth. I doubt I'll ever not watch it or become a former fan, but it's not something it once was.

    Collecting nerdy stuff is another. Used to buy comics, anime DVDs and other shit like that. Now I'm all digital. Sure it's cheaper, but also less clutter. Several years back I just didn't see the point. I watched/read stuff once and that was it. Since I didn't care about displays I just thought it was pointless. Haven't looked back since. I'm like the anti-jman. As far as collecting shit... we have the same success in romance. Actually he may have an edge. Have not gone full digital with the vidya yet, but that's mostly because well downloading 40 gigs is kind of a pain in the ass. Gotta watch them data caps, yo.

    JRPGs. Speaking of vidya... I used to love Japanese RPGs. Back in my younger days (lol) if I saw Squaresoft or looked on the back of the box and it had HP or anything that looked like an RPG... I'd be all over it. These days I just don't have the patience for 50 hr games. I tap out around 15. And I'm usually read for it to be over at around 10.

    A year or two I would've said anime, but I've actually rekindled my fandom after doing a podcast for a while. Doing that kinda burnt me out on Skyping about it, but as far as keeping up with the current seasons... I'm back bay bay!

    Fan Fic. I made a post in the forum about it, but it seems like I've lost the desire. The door is never closed as I've always gone back, but right now I just haven't had much desire or motivation to do it.

    That's all I got for now.

  12. #12
    Man Without Fear Foos's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Age
    36
    Posts
    12,649
    vCash
    2045
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Collecting comic books.
    You don't have to collect them anymore. You can still read them. Doesn't need to be a collection.

    Anyways, for me, rock fights. Man I used to love rock fights. Definitely lost interest once we hit puberty and became strong and really started to hurt each other. Also wrestling. But I do watch the Royal Rumble (the match, not the actual PPV), so once per year I get confused as to who all of these guys are that I've never seen before, or say "oh yeah, I remember that guy from last year".

    -Hayze

    Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    yes I am a little bitch.

  13. #13
    Fan Fic HOFer Kid Jericho's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18,947
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Foos View Post
    You don't have to collect them anymore. You can still read them. Doesn't need to be a collection.

    Anyways, for me, rock fights. Man I used to love rock fights. Definitely lost interest once we hit puberty and became strong and really started to hurt each other. Also wrestling. But I do watch the Royal Rumble (the match, not the actual PPV), so once per year I get confused as to who all of these guys are that I've never seen before, or say "oh yeah, I remember that guy from last year".
    I should say "reading comic books."

    [π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

  14. #14
    Man Without Fear Foos's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Age
    36
    Posts
    12,649
    vCash
    2045
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    I should say "reading comic books."
    Aww, too bad. While I agree that I have no interest in DC, or much Marvel, Image and the creator-owned stories are at an all-time great. Hopefully someday you can hit the library and grab a few volume 1s and fall back in love with the greatest storytelling medium we have.

    -Hayze

    Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    yes I am a little bitch.

  15. #15
    Moderator Emperor's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,273
    vCash
    10592
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    I saw the thread title and thought I'd have quite a lot to offer, but nothing comes to mind. Everything I enjoyed as a kid/teenager I still enjoy. It's just my tastes within those areas has changed. Take pro-wrestling, for example. I was obsessed with WWE for many years and watched no other wrestling. Now I don't really enjoy WWE (but still follow it out of habit), but I do spend a fair amount of time watching wrestling, mostly from Japan. I used to be a horror movie diehard. Now I still like horror movies, I just like other genres more. My taste in video games has changed over the years but I never lost my passion for video games as a whole. It seems that I have kept all my childhood passions, I've just dug deeper or broadened my horizons within those passions.

  16. #16
    God is dead RagnarokMike's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    California
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,096
    vCash
    1600
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

  17. #17
    Chaotic Evil Rogue G/B's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hunter's Dream
    Posts
    8,725
    vCash
    2050
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Card collecting. I used to collect sports cards back in the late 90's and would go after the people that really liked like Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe (also many others but too many to name), but as time went by and stopped watching the sport as often as I used to, I just stopped. I did pick up collecting Yu-Gi-Oh! cards but as the packs started to pile on, I just gave up after awhile. I still enjoyed getting the random card from a Shonen Jump magazine (I collected these suckers too) but when it stopped publishing here that ended my card getting days.

    -chaos-
    "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

  18. #18
    Theend Is Here Theend's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,864
    vCash
    2100
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Punk music. I seriously can not relate to it anymore. I can't listen to it and I think the bands that I listened to 20-30 years ago that are still touring at the same size venues are losers that need to grow up.
    I am your God

  19. #19
    Big Pimpin' Big Pete's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,919
    vCash
    2332
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    I used to be an avid collector of manga. One of my favourite traditions was heading into the city every few weeks, doing the rounds at all the different stores before picking up the latest copy of Shonen Jump and a Meatball Sub. It was a nice treat, not only because comic books and meatball subs go together so well, but because the trek out was so rejuvenating. Then we moved about a year later, the bus route was no where near as convenient and the tradition was replaced with logging onto instant messager first thing and doing as little as possible with my time. Sad really, not that I minded at the time.

  20. #20
    Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Centurion, South Africa
    Posts
    765
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Music in general. I just don't find the point in it anymore. Most of the lyrics that you hear in songs nowadays are recycled and unoriginal. If I ever do listen t music I'll find some instrumental stuff on Bandcamp. Rather support someone on there who's using their creativity to make original music instead of one of the millionaire musicians who are always spewing the same generic garbage out.

    Oh and videogames. I've been stuck at the same place in The Witcher 3 for months now. I haven't touched the game since I got near the end. And I can't move on to another game until I finish the one I'm busy with. The only other game I've been playing regularly is Pokemon Go (but does that really count? ) There's nothing wrong with the game, it's just so damn long, and any game will get boring after 200-odd hours of playing it. I think this weekend I'm just going to push myself through it to get it over and done with, and the whole "not interested in videogames anymore" thing will finally come to an end.
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

  21. #21
    The Braveheart Wrestling MVP's Avatar
    Snake Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,070
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    I remember as I got older and into my teens, my parents and others would always ask when I would stop watching that wrestling stuff. For me, it wasn't and still isn't something that you grow out of. It is something you enjoy, just the same as any TV show or movie. I maintained that I would watch it all my life.

    I still have an interest in it and can enjoy wrestling but I stopped watching weekly a few years ago. I just sort of lost interest in the product and while there is still enough interest there that I record RAW and SmackDown if I remember and fast forward through and I'll try and catch WrestleMania, which I watched all 5hrs of this year, I just don't get as much excitement from it. A few years ago I could gladly watch a full episode of RAW, a throwaway tag team match or singles match but nowadays I just don't do that and I never thought I'd be like that.

    2013 TBG Poster of the Year

    Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)



  22. #22
    Moderator Oncall's Avatar
    Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    14,937
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Tosh.O

    I used to really enjoy it but in the later seasons, it just seemed to get less funny in all aspects.


    A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork


    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

  23. #23
    Senior Member vendrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,288
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick94 View Post
    Music in general. I just don't find the point in it anymore. Most of the lyrics that you hear in songs nowadays are recycled and unoriginal. If I ever do listen t music I'll find some instrumental stuff on Bandcamp. Rather support someone on there who's using their creativity to make original music instead of one of the millionaire musicians who are always spewing the same generic garbage out.

    Oh and videogames. I've been stuck at the same place in The Witcher 3 for months now. I haven't touched the game since I got near the end. And I can't move on to another game until I finish the one I'm busy with. The only other game I've been playing regularly is Pokemon Go (but does that really count? ) There's nothing wrong with the game, it's just so damn long, and any game will get boring after 200-odd hours of playing it. I think this weekend I'm just going to push myself through it to get it over and done with, and the whole "not interested in videogames anymore" thing will finally come to an end.
    About music...I mean it's hard to find original lyrics even in great bands. With that said though, i've never been a guy to get overly hung up on if something is lyrically deep enough to be into. Lyrics don't really stick with me in any major way. I mean I can tell if there is strong emotion in a song or whatever, I mean I can tell that Bruce Springstein and Foo Fighter has more weighty lyrics than lets say 5th Harmony, but I love the shit out of each of those three.

  24. #24
    Senior Member vendrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,288
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling MVP View Post
    I remember as I got older and into my teens, my parents and others would always ask when I would stop watching that wrestling stuff. For me, it wasn't and still isn't something that you grow out of. It is something you enjoy, just the same as any TV show or movie. I maintained that I would watch it all my life.

    I still have an interest in it and can enjoy wrestling but I stopped watching weekly a few years ago. I just sort of lost interest in the product and while there is still enough interest there that I record RAW and SmackDown if I remember and fast forward through and I'll try and catch WrestleMania, which I watched all 5hrs of this year, I just don't get as much excitement from it. A few years ago I could gladly watch a full episode of RAW, a throwaway tag team match or singles match but nowadays I just don't do that and I never thought I'd be like that.
    Yeah there was a time when I thought WWE would be golden forever and it would always be can't miss mondays, same with WCW to even if my true allegiance was always to the WWE. Oh how truly wrong I was. I literally fast forward through half of Raw now, it's garbage. Trying to tell me that in 1998 I would of laughed in your face and called you a crazy person.

  25. #25
    Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Centurion, South Africa
    Posts
    765
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things that you once loved but now lost intrest in.

    Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    About music...I mean it's hard to find original lyrics even in great bands. With that said though, i've never been a guy to get overly hung up on if something is lyrically deep enough to be into. Lyrics don't really stick with me in any major way. I mean I can tell if there is strong emotion in a song or whatever, I mean I can tell that Bruce Springstein and Foo Fighter has more weighty lyrics than lets say 5th Harmony, but I love the shit out of each of those three.
    You make a good point there. I guess music just isn't really all that important to me. I find practicality in music, where a song or piece of music is used to dramatize a movie/television scene or as background to a certain level in a videogame. But I'm not really the kind of person that will take time out of my day to just sit back and listen to music
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •