Thread: SmackDown 4/25

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SmackDown 4/25

The booking placement of everything really showed a lack of faith in Charlotte and Naomi, despite them being in the main event spot. When there was 30 minutes left of the show, I expected it to say "Up next" on the graphic, but instead it said "Tonight". They then placed a bunch of nothingness right before Naomi/Charlotte (a long Bray/Orton video package and a bunch of commercial breaks) which then brought left the girls with only 15 minutes INCLUDING Charlotte's entrance and the aftermath. And then, 1:30 into the match, there's ANOTHER commercial? It felt like the entire last half hour of the show was designed to waste time and give Naomi and Charlotte's wrestling as little as TV time as possible... Bizarre.

With that said, I enjoyed the match. Charlotte's groggy selling was distracting but otherwise they did a good job with Naomi's offense and the near falls.

The interference was annoying, Naomi should have gotten a clean win. The Tamina/Nattie/Carmella alliance is lame for a few reasons - Tamina and Natalya are stale, and it gets tiresome when they throw all the girls together in the same story. Carmella and Ellsworth are enjoyable, I would have preferred it just been Carmella by herself taking exception to the Charlotte favoritism and Naomi's reign. Carmella is the only one in that stable with star quality.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SmackDown 4/25

Imagine if it was Emma and Summer in that stable instead of Natalya and Tamina. Ugh, it would actually be worthwhile and interesting...and fitting given Emma and Summer coming from NXT and having a gripe with Charlotte's success.

SmackDown really got fucked in the draft, and it's less about who they loss and more about who they gained/didn't lose...

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emma, Summer, and Carmella would be a way better stable.

Still, I'm quite intrigued by the story. Yes, it's pairing the woman together, but it's being done differently.

Though, I'm expecting some Becky/Charlotte team up, and we are gonna end with Charlotte joining with the group and taking over in a fashion much like this:

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After this week's turn of events, I think that the WWE's hinting at turning Charlotte face and aligning her with Naomi and Lynch. Admittedly, I'm not a fan of Charlotte but she's better as a heel. Unfortunately, I expect a face turn for Styles as well. Who is this ragtag bunch? Sorry, we've no story-lines for you so, just for the hell of it, we're going to put all of you together and you're supposed to resent Charlotte. Personally, I feel bad for Natalya because she deserves better than this dreck.

"It's the sad thing about entertainment, it's not always about who is the best."
    - Jake "The Snake" Roberts

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NBC could be a pretty entertaining team. The Natalya and Carmella alliance makes little sense since Nattie's last feud was a result of Carmella snitching on her. Tamina seems to be forever be thrown into to alliances. And if you have two people who are going to do superkicks might as well let them do them together.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... right.... but if we team Charlotte, Becky and Naomi together and have those as the faces then we have the 3 best/ most entertaining workes all aligned which means no solid match-ups with them against each other and means matches of those 3 against 3 far less capable (bar Nattie) and entertaining woman so therefore we are sacrificing great wrestling matches.

For the love of god keep at least one of them heel so we can still have some good action. Carmella and Tamina (and in some ways Nattie due to how stale and boring she's become) don't even come close to Nao, Bex and Charlotte these days so would be tragic to see this split.

I'd like to see Becky vs. Naomi and some matches between these 2 to be honest but i prefer both of them as faces so not sure how i'd like it done.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't like Charlotte on SmackDown. The Queen needs to be on Raw.

Nevertheless, I'm assuming next week we will see Charlotte and Naomi forced to team together against a pair of Natalya/Carmella/Tamina, or even a 6-woman tag with Becky joining Charlotte and Naomi.

OR, we could see a #1 contender's battle royal with all the women of SD with Charlotte winning, so that she will actually have to earn her title shot instead of just being handed it, which would shut up Natalya, Carmella, and Tamina.

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charlotte: Count!

Ref: You gotta pin her first.

LOL.

I dunno if it was just this match or if that's just the norm... but I heard a LOT of them calling spots. It probably can't be helped with HD cameras and equipment I suppose.

Thread Information