Thread: My favorite match of all time was Kimbo/Dada.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My favorite match of all time was Kimbo/Dada.

Just wanted to poke my head in the MMA forum for a bit. Never do.

And yet MMA is awesome. Our national sport one day, possibly. Love it.

And my favorite fight of all time?

Kimbo/Dada.

Not because it was a technical showcase, though it was.

Not because it was two super athletes at their peak, though it was.

Not because it made the MMA world stand on it's feet and applaud. Though it did.

But because the real beauty of MMA is that once that bell rings ... you never quiet know what's going to happen. And that surprise gets magnified when you're really committed emotionally to the people involved.

I'm such a huge Kimbo Slice fan. The closest thing we'll ever have to a real life Rocky Balboa.

Miss that guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My favorite match of all time was Kimbo/Dada.

I was there dude. I was laughing and crying at the fight all at the same time, it was really bad but it was a fun spectacle. I was a big Dada fan because of the Dog Fight documentary on Netflix, it was the right fight to make with a great story behind it, I knew it was going to be sloppy as hell but sometimes those fights are fun. What killed this fight was Kimbo going MMA on everybody and taking Dada down, had they just windmilled at each other it would have been a good one. Dada almost died in the cage after it was over, Big John's reaction I'm not sure if it was caught on camera but it was pretty funny as he was making his way out of the cage after the fight, it was like get me the fuck out of here and don't ever do this shit to me ever again motherfuckers. Wild night, a lot of fun, say what you want about the quality of the fights but it was far less boring than a lot of the Houston shows the UFC has promoted. The referee completely shit the bed in the Shamrock vs Gracie main event, dufus was like a deer in the headlights and ruined what could have possibly been a fight that surprised a lot of people. Shamrock should have just been given a recovery period and the fight should have restarted. It was actually the perfect ending to that show though, just bizarre madness. Glad I was there. Good times. If Bellator ever does another show like that in Houston I'm buying tickets first day they go on sale. Will definitely be ordering Silva vs Sonnen MSG pay per view they are going to do later this year.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-22-2017 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    I was there dude. I was laughing and crying at the fight all at the same time, it was really bad but it was a fun spectacle. I was a big Dada fan because of the Dog Fight documentary on Netflix, it was the right fight to make with a great story behind it, I knew it was going to be sloppy as hell but sometimes those fights are fun. What killed this fight was Kimbo going MMA on everybody and taking Dada down, had they just windmilled at each other it would have been a good one. Dada almost died in the cage after it was over, Big John's reaction I'm not sure if it was caught on camera but it was pretty funny as he was making his way out of the cage after the fight, it was like get me the fuck out of here and don't ever do this shit to me ever again motherfuckers. Wild night, a lot of fun, say what you want about the quality of the fights but it was far less boring than a lot of the Houston shows the UFC has promoted. The referee completely shit the bed in the Shamrock vs Gracie main event, dufus was like a deer in the headlights and ruined what could have possibly been a fight that surprised a lot of people. Shamrock should have just been given a recovery period and the fight should have restarted. It was actually the perfect ending to that show though, just bizarre madness. Glad I was there. Good times. If Bellator ever does another show like that in Houston I'm buying tickets first day they go on sale. Will definitely be ordering Silva vs Sonnen MSG pay per view they are going to do later this year.
    Now way, dude, MMA nut-hugging for life!

Haha.

Yeah, great show. Such a shame about that Shamrock fight.

Interesting to hear about Silva/Sonnen. I thought it was Anderson at first, had to ask somebody. But still, not the worst Silva to have on the card. Haha.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yeah, that documentary really helped with the emotional investment in my opinion.

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's easy to poke fun at the fight but to me it was good stuff, super lower level MMA between two highly unathletic guys but the fight was real and raw, two guys from the real hood that fought their way out and left everything they had in the cage, Dada was on the brink of death after it was over and Kimbo did pass away just a few months after it was over. To me it was like an old school fight back when there were no rules or gloves, it had that kind of feel to it even though there were gloves and rules. Call me crazy but I loved it. I got my dad a pretty sweet piece of memorabilia with one of the t-shirts I got from the show, it has Kimbo and Dada staring face to face on the front, I wish I would have bought me one now.

It was a surreal night, I met "The Giant Killer" Mark Hall in the lobby of the Toyota Center and spoke with him for a few minutes, sat about 10-12 feet away from Andre Johnson my favorite NFL player of all time, had Wanderlei Silva walk right in front of me just out of nowhere(regret not asking him for a pic, I'm sure he would have done it, just not my style to bother people though). Seen Matt Hughes, Tito Ortiz, Mike Tyson, countless others I can't even remember, Herschel Walker, Adrian Peterson, not to mention just watching Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie walk out the way they did. Wanderlei, Shamrock, Tyson, Gracie, and Andre Johnson all here under the same roof right here in front of my eyes, it was like I died and gone to heaven

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    It's easy to poke fun at the fight but to me it was good stuff, super lower level MMA between two highly unathletic guys but the fight was real and raw, two guys from the real hood that fought their way out and left everything they had in the cage, Dada was on the brink of death after it was over and Kimbo did pass away just a few months after it was over. To me it was like an old school fight back when there were no rules or gloves, it had that kind of feel to it even though there were gloves and rules. Call me crazy but I loved it. I got my dad a pretty sweet piece of memorabilia with one of the t-shirts I got from the show, it has Kimbo and Dada staring face to face on the front, I wish I would have bought me one now.

It was a surreal night, I met "The Giant Killer" Mark Hall in the lobby of the Toyota Center and spoke with him for a few minutes, sat about 10-12 feet away from Andre Johnson my favorite NFL player of all time, had Wanderlei Silva walk right in front of me just out of nowhere(regret not asking him for a pic, I'm sure he would have done it, just not my style to bother people though). Seen Matt Hughes, Tito Ortiz, Mike Tyson, countless others I can't even remember, Herschel Walker, Adrian Peterson, not to mention just watching Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie walk out the way they did. Wanderlei, Shamrock, Tyson, Gracie, and Andre Johnson all here under the same roof right here in front of my eyes, it was like I died and gone to heaven
    Haha. MMA attracts all sorts. Thanks for sharing. I read this out loud to my brother. Cool to get a unique fan experiance.

Thread Information