Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jinder Mahal

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Jinder Mahal

Jinder being put in this position really does prove Smack down is the land of opportunity! And this is how it should be, at any given moment anyone can become champion or the #1 contender to any title. It makes for an interesting dynamic and brings back the surprise factor.

Should this be done often? of course not but a shake up won't hurt every once in awhile

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iron maiden View Post
    I'm not hating it. It's a smart business move and I like Jinder. It's fresh and as DJM said likely a throw a way feud. I'm going to see what's up before I crap on it.
    If it's a throwaway feud, how is it a smart business move?

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Khali was a local hero because he was Indian. No doubt the same for Jinder!

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    If it's a throwaway feud, how is it a smart business move?
    It's smart because it got heat.

The same way Eva Marie got heat being a good business decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I intend to just sit back and enjoy this. Over analyzing and trying to judge this before it's happened is a sure way to ruin it. WWE has been far too predictable it's too early to judge whether this swerve is just lazy booking (because rusev got injured) or something better.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    It's smart because it got heat.

The same way Eva Marie got heat being a good business decision.
    The heat isn't on Jinder. The heat is on the WWE for booking him to go over.

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides his booking nothing is overly wrong with Mahal, I am ok with WWE trying different stuff. WWE doesn't really have any single heels that constantly get booed. Hope the crowd atleast gives the match a chance.
    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an interesting move which has to do with money from what I've read. It seems India is a big market that WWE is trying to dominate.

Am I against a Jinder push? No. Like someone else said, it's great to test the waters, but don't strap the title on him yet. In terms of Kayfabe, it makes very little sense and has jumped up the card. I say give him a 2 month program with Orton and see how fans take to it, then do it the right way and push him slowly (and organically). Give him the US belt.

It's interesting because it feels like the US belt has more star power as Owens holds it and AJ is chasing it. The WWE title has Jinder (who has been lower card forever) chasing Orton who no-one will ever say is not talented, but I've found boring as hell for a long time.

gycax

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people say Jinder Mahal is on steroids. Maybe he just works out really hard, all day long? I used to have an unnatural looking body. I ate like a bird, and had no life besides working out. But it was ALL NATURAL. Maybe Jinder has a reverse eating disorder: where he needs to be bigger, and bigger, and bigger.
    Last edited by CellWaters; 04-21-2017 at 09:57 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80% diet 20% gym. His body fat is just really low. It is probably not sustainable.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a possibility for expanding on this "out the box" decision. The upcoming match should be a squash. Who should win? Thats up to the WWE. If they aren't going to go all the way with Jinder's push then let him have his spotlight until the match and then bam, its over for now. I don't want to see a ultra competitive match with multiple close finishes, kickouts after finishers etc. only for Orton to pull out the win and Jinder to quietly head back down the card. That accomplishes nothing. How about Orton wins and actually beats someone with his middle rope DDT(he can send everyone happy with an RKO after the match) or push Jindal by allowing him a squash win. Use this to test out new booking strategies because the old formula is old and stale.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, Mahal is Rusev until Rusev returns from his injury. In other words, I would rather wait for Rusev to return than to care about Mahal's push. I mean, he's as interesting of a heel character as Muhammad Hassan. On the other hand, I miss Jack Swagger and Zeb Coulter as heel characters.

"It's the sad thing about entertainment, it's not always about who is the best."
    - Jake "The Snake" Roberts

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Jinder Mahal is a placeholder for Randy Orton until Rusev is back in action ... Then again, who knows? The WWE is desperate to make new professional wrestlers (pretending NXT is a farm) a household name. I say, Randy looses the title on a PPV but regains it back on RAW at the Main Event.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CellWaters View Post
    A lot of people say Jinder Mahal is on steroids. Maybe he just works out really hard, all day long? I used to have an unnatural looking body. I ate like a bird, and had no life besides working out. But it was ALL NATURAL. Maybe Jinder has a reverse eating disorder: where he needs to be bigger, and bigger, and bigger.
    Eating like a bird and working out constantly helped you grow? I doubt that, it doesn't work that way. You may have gotten slightly stronger over time, but unless you sustained enough calories and nutrients you didn't get bigger.

On the other subject, working out can be very addicting. Once you see results you want more and more. Its much like a drug or substance. I gained 30 pounds in the last year and a half from consuming tons of calories and working out very hard. From eating chicken and veggies and eliminating bad calories from my diet plus working out really hard 4-6 days a week and I grew. Its possible to look jacked without steroids for sure. My only thought is that Jinder looks like he has an intense "pump on" at all times. Its hard to look like your veins are popping out without using some time of enhancers.

Banner Credit: Spike

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really happy with this Jinder Mahal push. It's a breath of fresh air. And he's doing a great job!

His alliance with The Singh Brothers/Bollywood Boys has only added to his character. He's a coward who relies on backup.

I hope he wins the WWE Championship.

This match is make or break for Jinder. I hope it's make, because he has potential to be a huge star.

Don't hinder Jinder!

Thread Information