Thread: SmackDown 4/18

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SmackDown 4/18

Really liked Naomi's fire and confidence at the beginning of the show when she interrupted Charlotte.

The match was slow and never got out of first gear. I don't know if they are saving everything for the title match next week...but it really felt like they both had little confidence doing offense against each other.

Naomi looking frustrated and Charlotte winning clean moments later kinda interesting, as long as it plays into the finish next week with Naomi stepping up her game more and getting the victory. Naomi needs a big win - hope they give it to her instead of having Tamina, Natalya and Carmella interfere (which was teased throughout the night).

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SmackDown 4/18

I'm intrigued by this Nattie, Carmella, Tamina thing just a bit. I'll give it a shot, but I'm going to be very skeptical.

Match was fine, but it was a little sloppy.

No Becky again though? Really sucks.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Really liked Naomi's fire and confidence at the beginning of the show when she interrupted Charlotte.

The match was slow and never got out of first gear. I don't know if they are saving everything for the title match next week...but it really felt like they both had little confidence doing offense against each other.

Naomi looking frustrated and Charlotte winning clean moments later kinda interesting, as long as it plays into the finish next week with Naomi stepping up her game more and getting the victory. Naomi needs a big win - hope they give it to her instead of having Tamina, Natalya and Carmella interfere (which was teased throughout the night).
    Shock of all shocks Charlotte doesn't impress against someone outside the four horsewomen.

It's becoming a noticeable trend.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The match was kinda boring and I will put the blame on Naomi because she has never put on an amazing one on one match. She's got flashy moves but in-ring psychology has never been her strong suit. I hope Charlotte takes the belt off of her and we can get Naomi out of the title picture. I like Naomi but she's not champion material imo.

vCash
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want them to put Becky back on t.v.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naomi's creative with those glowing attire entrances

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dazz View Post
    I'm intrigued by this Nattie, Carmella, Tamina thing just a bit. I'll give it a shot, but I'm going to be very skeptical.

Match was fine, but it was a little sloppy.

No Becky again though? Really sucks.
    Only a little? In a span of one minute, Naomi did both the fluff barrage of kicks that didn't look like they hurt in the least bit to the botched hurricanrana towards the outside that Charlotte basically had to fling herself off to the outside

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Only a little? In a span of one minute, Naomi did both the fluff barrage of kicks that didn't look like they hurt in the least bit to the botched hurricanrana towards the outside that Charlotte basically had to fling herself off to the outside
    Naomi didn't botch the 'Rana to the outside at all. the execution of that move is quite clear. Naomi did her party nicely and took to the outside just fine. It's up to the recipent to throw themself over/out and in the right timing. We know it's choreographed and that the force of that move doesn't actually flip someone to the outside lol - that was on Charlotte to follow through and get over. That spot is consistently tricky and uncomfortable to watch - I'll never forget Gail Kim and Jillians catastrophe of an attempt. And there was another I struggle to remember.

I agree the flurry of side kicks did not look good but hard to pinpoint why and easy to just assume it's Naomi's bad when in fact that may not be the case.

The match wasn't all THAT bad and let's give them a chance to build some chemistry as this was their first time on the same brand/ in the same ring in a long long time and I believe one of extremely few solo lengthy interactions with each other

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how the two girls were treated as stars during the opening segment. Charlotte is just so gorgeous and regal that her character is basically just screaming "CHAMPION" all the time. I do wonder if the trio of Natalya, Tamina, and Carmella will do something next week to make sure Charlotte doesn't win the title. All their animosity is toward her, anyway.

Nattie continues to be que horror on the mic.
    ★ If you're gonna do it, do it with FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

Thread Information