Thread: Matt Anoa'i, AKA Rosey, 1970-2017

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matt Anoa'i, AKA Rosey, 1970-2017

From wrestlezone.com

Former WWE Superstar Matt “Rosey” Anoa’i has passed away at the age of 47.

No word has been officially released yet regarding the cause of his passing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Matt Anoa'i, AKA Rosey, 1970-2017

RIP. 47 is far to young for someone to die.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way WAY too young to pass away. Best wishes to his family.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one really hits hard.

Rosey was entertaining, funny as hell, a very kind hearted man, a great father, brother, and it truly was an honor for me to know him and call him my friend. I first met him around the time he first started at the University of Hawaii, where he played football and studied graphic design, and we hit it off almost immediately. I had a blast fishing with him whenever possible when he went to school here, and most recently New Years 2003, when the Raw roster stopped by to do the first two house shows of that year. Those were great times and now they're all gone.

RIP
    Last edited by Dukezilla; 04-18-2017 at 02:05 PM.

The Voices, they scream Mr. Canoe's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In remembrance of the greatest tag team to never be given its fair shake on the big stage, I think we should have 3 minutes of silence.
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PI View Post
    never be given its fair shake on the big stage
    And the blame for that goes to Goldberg.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukezilla View Post
    How so? 3-Minute Warning were pretty much totally forgotten about well before Goldberg was signed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How so? 3-Minute Warning were pretty much totally forgotten about well before Goldberg was signed.
    For months, they run through people, cause all this chaos, and then Goldberg comes down one night and squashes them.

Last edited by Dukezilla; 04-18-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Snake Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rosey was just a lot of fun. I was at the age when he and Hurricane were teaming that all of their segments were enjoyable to me. I feel like he could've been given more than what he was but he always played his role well. Sad to think both members of 3 Minute Warning are now gone.

I also remember having his action figure too. I think I made him WWE Champion more than once. RIP.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For months, they run through people, cause all this chaos, and then Goldberg comes down one night and squashes them.

Watching Goldberg bury # minute Warning pissed me off back then when it happened.Looking at in a nostalgic fashion, it pisses me off even more now. The manner in which 3minute warning were introduced and pushed was fantastic. No silly staged vignettes, no promos with silly "mysterious" messages. It was simple, anytime someone failed to impress Bischoff, he would say you have 3minutes to either convince him......or to impress him...to finish whatever they were doing etc. Then those 2 monsters would come out and you know the rest of the story. In one Goldberg appearance it was all ruined. The sad part is that Rosey would stay with the company for awhile but was never taken serious again. Fatu was only taken seriously half a decade later after he was repackaged as Umaga. Goldberg was gone less than a year after that. Was it worth it? I guess the answer from the Mcmahons would be yes. After all, they killed Kevin Owens' credibility with the same stunt and Lesnar's credibility has been hurt as well. However, part-timer Lesnar atleast got his comeuppance. What did Owens get? A match way down the Wrestlemania card. Perhaps the mega push of Reigns is a way of making it up to Rosey. I doubt it as that would require a McMahon to have a conscience

RIP Matt
    Last edited by bischoffs brain; 04-18-2017 at 04:22 PM.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bischoffs brain View Post
    Watching Goldberg bury # minute Warning pissed me off back then when it happened.Looking at in a nostalgic fashion, it pisses me off even more now. The manner in which 3minute warning were introduced and pushed was fantastic. No silly staged vignettes, no promos with silly "mysterious" messages. It was simple, anytime someone failed to impress Bischoff, he would say you have 3minutes to either convince him......or to impress him...to finish whatever they were doing etc. Then those 2 monsters would come out and you know the rest of the story. In one Goldberg appearance it was all ruined. The sad part is that Rosey would stay with the company for awhile but was never taken serious again. Fatu was only taken seriously half a decade later after he was repackaged as Umaga. Goldberg was gone less than a year after that. Was it worth it? I guess the answer from the Mcmahons would be yes. After all, they killed Kevin Owens' credibility with the same stunt and Lesnar's credibility has been hurt as well. However, part-timer Lesnar atleast got his comeuppance. What did Owens get? A match way down the Wrestlemania card. Perhaps the mega push of Reigns is a way of making it up to Rosey. I doubt it as that would require a McMahon to have a conscience

RIP Matt
    Don't you dare compare 3-Minute Warning to Kevin Owens. They do not compare.

Ivan Koloff Girl southrnbygrace's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really heartbreaking to hear of Matt's passing. His birthday was only a few days ago! My thoughts and prayers are with Roman and the entire Anoa'i family during this difficult time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three Minute Warning is one of my favorite teams ever , despite never really given a full chance to get off the ground. Umaga and Rosey were great together - Umaga went on to greatness and Rosey despite being talented in his own right was relegated to SHIT gimmicks.

RIP.

vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always hate hearing about wrestlers passing away, as others have said in this thread, forty-seven is way to young of an age, for someone's life to come to an end.

My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2
    Tiger Mask W

vCash
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jamal/Umaga had a lot of problems with drug abuse if I recall which is why he was let go by the WWE and was wrestling as Ekmo in TNA for a brief stint before returning as Umaga.

I liked the Hurricane/S.H.I.T. pairing honestly. Seemed like a good guy, sucks he passed away at such a young age.

Currently Playing:
    Salt & Sanctuary(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you dare compare 3-Minute Warning to Kevin Owens. They do not compare.
    Uhm, okay.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bischoffs brain View Post

RIP Matt

Actually you're factually wrong on one thing there...Fatu was never repackaged as Umaga..Though I understand the confusion..Fatu's real life brother was Umaga in actuality.

Far as Rosey's death goes, this really sucks..Dude wasn't even 50 and next thing you know he's dead. I liked his stuff in WWE, especially with Jamal in 3 Minute Warning. bischoffsbrain sums up my feelngs on 3 Minute Warning...Goldberg had shitty timing coming in being that as soon as he did, 3 Minute Warning's fun run they had going for them ended. It was great watching them destroy people..One thing I would've loved to have seen is 3 Minute Warning as the WWE Tag Team Champions. That would've made for some damn good tv.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May he rest in peace. It's crazy that both members of 3 Minute Warning are gone now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazed View Post
    Actually you're factually wrong on one thing there...Fatu was never repackaged as Umaga..Though I understand the confusion..Fatu's real life brother was Umaga in actuality.

Far as Rosey's death goes, this really sucks..Dude wasn't even 50 and next thing you know he's dead. I liked his stuff in WWE, especially with Jamal in 3 Minute Warning. bischoffsbrain sums up my feelngs on 3 Minute Warning...Goldberg had shitty timing coming in being that as soon as he did, 3 Minute Warning's fun run they had going for them ended. It was great watching them destroy people..One thing I would've loved to have seen is 3 Minute Warning as the WWE Tag Team Champions. That would've made for some damn good tv.
    Really? I even looked that up and still screwed it up. They must look alike because I could swear that is Umaga in gangster wear.

Wait, when you click on Jamal on the 3 Minute Warning Wiki page, it goes to the Umaga page. I guess the person that wrote the Wiki made the same mistake.Weird.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazed View Post
    Eki Fatu was 100% Umaga.

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something that’s gonna outlive me

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP

Can't say I was a fan but this obviously sucks. 47 is way too young.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@HawkGuy by Fatu I mean Rikishi Fatu....Rikishi was who I was talking about earlier.

@bischoffs brain Rikishi Fatu was Umaga's brother. Umaga was in gangster clothes because he was Jamal in 3 Minute Warning.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was great as part of the Three-Minute Warning and was pretty funny when he teamed with Shane Helms and was know as a S(uper) H(eroe) I(n) T(raining).

Thread Information