Thread: 4/17 Raw

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 4/17 Raw

Go Alexa!

Mickie trying to get the crowd riled up and getting silence in response is so awkward.

surrender

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 4/17 Raw

To be fair, aside from mentions of Ohio or Columbus they've been pretty flat.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    To be fair, aside from mentions of Ohio or Columbus they've been pretty flat.
    True, but this has been a weekly trend for Mickie since her return.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    True, but this has been a weekly trend for Mickie since her return.
    Also true. But I still don't even know what Mickie is supposed to be right now. She's just floating along with no real substance.

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've completely mishandled Mickie's return. It's ridiculous.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are using her perfectly. She is the "you must this good to challenge for a title" person. Mickie is not the future, but she can help get the girls over. Sooner or later she will have her moment when she goes for her final run.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    I think they are using her perfectly. She is the "you must this good to challenge for a title" person. Mickie is not the future, but she can help get the girls over. Sooner or later she will have her moment when she goes for her final run.
    Is a gate-keeper you don't care about really someone to be cared about?

They need to give us a reason to give a damn aside from her title wins from a decade ago.

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was hard for Mickie to get much of a reaction given that the match was in Columbus. And the crowd SURE AS HELL wanted Alexa Bliss to win the match tonight. They were not going to take another girl over their hometown queen.

Mickie's return has not been handled well since her quick set of losses to Becky and abrupt face turn. I think they need to resolve the issue with Alexa as well to establish her as a veteran mentor girl. Or have her team up with Bayley more. Bayley is supposed to be over the stars that she's teaming up with a "legend" like Mickie who she was only watching on TV years ago.

That said, the crowd popped for Alexa HARD. And cheered for her HARD, which is expected. I half expected Nia to pin Alexa because of the hometown curse, just to build up on Nia's heelness more. But hey, congrats to Alexa for the win. That was also pretty much how she became #1 contender in SD, right! Carmella kicked Nikki, Alexa pushed her out of the ring, and made the pin. The match was good all-in-all, but damn is Nia fuckin' dangerous. She is not careful at all tossing the girls around. She can make it look powerful without being careless. I'm glad Charlotte's away from her, but worry highly for Sasha and Alexa.
    ★ If you're gonna do it, do it with FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks Alexa's going to own a shiny new belt in two weeks.

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to the Alexa/Bayley match. I was so scared when it looked like Nia was going to win. There were some sloppy moments that made me cringe.

I haven't found Mickie as compelling since her return so I agree with those who've said her return has been mishandled.

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
    #TeamAuthority
    R.E.A.L

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed Nia in this match. Although she is still sloppy at times, she's so much more comfortable and entertaining in the ring than she was just a few months ago. It took a long time, but at least she's progressing. Hopefully she continues to get better.

I loved Alexa's reaction during her entrance. Sasha looked bothered

I like Mickie but they seriously need to do something with her character. She's been delivering in the ring (minus the bits of sloppiness tonight), but she needs some type character especially with the big personalities on the show.

I really liked this match and I'm excited to see what else is in store for the division
    Last edited by Mikie91; 04-18-2017 at 01:20 AM.

_

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Mickie would be good in the Natlya role they have on Smackdown.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingoftheworld View Post
    I think Mickie would be good in the Natlya role they have on Smackdown.
    Nattie has somehow become more interesting during her feud with Nikki. So maybe Mickie can call up Nikki.

YAS @ Alexis winning. Grab that RAW title before Charlotte's getting that inevitable SD title.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "acting" from the Emma/Fox/Dana segment was the worst thing I've ever seen. Love fox but so cheesy and over the top. I understand the love forEmma in the ring but her talking is terrible. She seems unconfident and voice is nasal and shaky like she's nervous on the mic and doesn't even believe what she's saying herself which makes it hard for me to believe also. Would love to see these 3 in the ring more As they're all underused but let's let their wrestling do the talking...

The match was clumpy at stages but overall entertaining and most of all fresh. As someone who didn't used to love Mickie I've found her okay since her return and she seems to have a bit of a new found fire. She really is struggling to get the crowd to care as much these days although as mentioned it was particularly awkward last night As Alexas home crowd just wanted her.

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching that match I really felt bad for Mickie. It's always awkward when babyfaces get silence, but man...

Alexa probably getting that gold. Babyfaces don't tend to have lengthy reigns and Bayley has had it for a few months, which outside of Cena is a long time for a face.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gl4mazon View Post
    The "acting" from the Emma/Fox/Dana segment was the worst thing I've ever seen. Love fox but so cheesy and over the top. I understand the love forEmma in the ring but her talking is terrible. She seems unconfident and voice is nasal and shaky like she's nervous on the mic and doesn't even believe what she's saying herself which makes it hard for me to believe also. Would love to see these 3 in the ring more As they're all underused but let's let their wrestling do the talking...
    I actually feel that's one of the best parts of Emma. She's true to her jaded, no-nonsense character - she doesn't sound over-the-top, she just sounds like an ice cold bitch. I can see why it might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm happy to see some variety in performance delivery within the division.

Hopefully they do Alicia vs. Dana next week and something happens to move this story to the next step. Slow burns are nice but with how terrible everything surrounding Emma and Dana has been handled in the past year, I'm anxious for some story/character advancements and moments. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the end game is Dana turning heel again and EnD reuniting, which could possibly be a good thing depending on the follow-up. I just hope whatever they do, it's executed well and leads to Dana and Emma two getting used to their full potential - Dana as a character, and Emma as a character/wrestler and having her go after the Raw title.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I actually feel that's one of the best parts of Emma. She's true to her jaded, no-nonsense character - she doesn't sound over-the-top, she just sounds like an ice cold bitch. I can see why it might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm happy to see some variety in performance delivery within the division.

Hopefully they do Alicia vs. Dana next week and something happens to move this story to the next step. Slow burns are nice but with how terrible everything surrounding Emma and Dana has been handled in the past year, I'm anxious for some story/character advancements and moments. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the end game is Dana turning heel again and EnD reuniting, which could possibly be a good thing depending on the follow-up. I just hope whatever they do, it's executed well and leads to Dana and Emma two getting used to their full potential - Dana as a character, and Emma as a character/wrestler and having her go after the Raw title.
    Oh really, I just find her voice has a slight shake and awkwardness to it like shes really nervous and struggling to get through her speech. Itd odd because the character translates so well into the ring in terms of her cocky entrance and aggression whilst wrestling but actual talking for her in my opinion is just not good. Then Alicia is just the complete opposite ends of the spectrum so over-the-top its almost slapstick. Dana was the only one bearable to hear to me (perhaps because she said a lot less!)
    I do very much look forward to them all doing more though and also hope for a decent Alicia Vs. Dana match with some Emma involvement (or maybe on commentary so I can test out these mic skills a bit more and see how she does for a longer period of time and giving a bit more depth into her motives/ character).

Thread Information