Thread: Embarrassed By Family

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Embarrassed By Family

Have you ever been out in public with your family, and they really embarrassed you?

I went to a Japanese restaurant today with my Dad, and most of the people there were Asian. I'm assuming they're Japanese.

My Dad would point at random Asian men and whisper to me, "look it's Shinsuke Nakamura" (the professional wrestler). If the joke was funny the first time, by the millionth time it wasn't.

Nakamura is from Japan and he struggles with the English language.

I guess my Dad forgot where we were. Because he began imitating him. In a stereotypical Japanese accent, he was loudly saying things like, "I want to fight you" and "you a Shiba Inu".

I was like “shhh. Stop it, Dad!”

There were Asian families right next to us, behind us, everywhere. Some likely heard. Needless to say, I was mortified.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Embarrassed By Family

Your Dad knows who Nakamura is. I say that's a win.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, that must have totally sucked. I feel for ya. If you go anywhere with him again, you better give him the pep talk before going in there.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Your Dad knows who Nakamura is. I say that's a win.
    Beat me to it. I'll have to post the response I had in reserve.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My family is a walking embarassment.

My mom is one of those people who likes to bitch out cashiers because prices are "too high". I just shake my head. I always tried to remind her that cashiers don't control prices....

It's like talking to a wall.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really because I don't really know my family which is more sad than anything. Although when my daughter was a little younger she would always be doing shit in public just to make me uncomfortable. I mean to her I think it was all just good fun but to me it was like "this is not good look for me". Like once she got a black eye playing basketball, just an accident. Well while she was sporting the shiner we would be at a restaurant and when the waitress would come over to take our order she would kind of just loudly pronounce that I was smacking her around for a variety of silly reasons like not wearing matching socks or not filling up ice trays. It's funny to think about now but looking back on it it's a miracle I didn't receive a DHS visit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom is a single issue voter who thinks that Justin Trudeau is a worse human being than Donald Trump because of the abortion issue......#sigh

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm usually the embarrassing family member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already told you how sometimes my dad is embarrassing to be in public with. Because he’ll start making Japanese jokes in a Japanese restaurant full of Asians.

Well, my Mom and Step Dad don’t get out in public often. So when they do, they’ll behave like social retards. They talk loudly about subjects like politics, they’ll say: “Donald Trump this, Donald Trump that”.

And I’m thinking: “shut the hell up”. It’s mortifying.

And my Mom acts like going to this Japanese restaurant is a cultural experience.

To her, the food is so foreign and exotic, she thinks she’s learning Japanese culture.

Someone who’s been to Japan told me: the buffet is so American. It’s like an American restaurant simulating a Japanese restaurant.

However, I think the food and restaurant are more authentically Japanese than some people give it credit for. After all, there are usually a lot of Asian customers, and I assume some of these customers are likely Japanese. I think this means the food is at least somewhat authentic.

I know if I lived in another country I’d likely frequent authentic American, Polish, and German restaurants because that’s what I’m familiar with.

My grandma makes homemade, authentic Polish food, like pierogis… her pierogis are so good, but when I tried supermarket pierogis, it’s not even close to the same… my grandmas are so much more delicious… There are authentic Polish restaurants that probably make pierogis just as good, and if I wanted a pierogi that’s where I’d go. Not to some restaurant that tries simulating Polish food but fails.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my sister so much, but she's a religious nut. She doesn't believe in evolution and thinks I'm stupid for believing "I came from a monkey."

She's also a nurse, which just feels wrong with views like that.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thread Information