Vs
    5- Utah Jazz

3- Houston Rockets
    Vs
    6- Oklahoma City Thunder

2- San Antonio Spurs
    Vs
    7- Memphis Grizzlies

I'm going to give a detailed run down of these match ups before the first games played. So, let's make predictions on who advances and who wins/makes the Finals! I'll keep score.

Bulls in 7.
    Wizards in 6.
    Raptors in 5.
    Cavs in 6.

Warriors in 4.
    Clippers in 6.
    Rockets in 6.
    Spurs in 4.

My NBA Finals prediction is the Spurs beating the Raptors in 5.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NBA PLAYOFFS DISCUSSION!

The fact that the Celtics got the first seed is very surprising given their lineup vs the Cavaliers. The Cavs were capable of winning 65+ games, but its almost like the regular season didn't matter to them. They knew they would make the playoffs so they will just play from there. The Celtics are a good team with work horse type players who 100% deserve the number 1 seed and I hope they make it as far as possible. They can beat top tier teams and they have proved it.

Banner Credit: Spike

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we see a rematch of last years finals with different results.

Banner Credit: Spike

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Celtics in 7
    Wizards in 6
    Raptors in 7
    Cavs in 6

Warriors in 5
    Jazz in 7
    Thunder in 7
    Spurs in 5

My NBA Finals prediction is Warriors or Spurs over the Cavs in 7, I'm leaning towards the Warriors vs Cavs rematch.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pacers/Cavs the Cavs defense are terrible but the Pacers defense isn't much better either. Surprise they down by six in halftime

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston Rockets all the way. My god NBA season is ungodly too long, I was ready for playoffs a month ago, looked at their schedule and seen that they had another 20 games to play and it's like.... why!? Just seems really watered down with that many games, I would be a much bigger fan of NBA and MLB if they had a set schedule like NFL, less is more, 1 game a week you know exactly when that game is being played. Baseball and Basketball it's like they just play whenever, you never really know when your team is on.

But I do love me some NBA playoffs. Lets go Rockets.

ECW: Fuck The Bullshit

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Cavs BARELY won Game 1 today. A 1 point win as CJ Miles misses the game winner as time expired. The crazy thing is that this happened in Cleveland. PG13 played great and the Pacers went on an 11-0 run to almost win. Cleveland don't look too great. Still, with the Big 3, they'll be hard to beat 4 out of 7 times.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CJ Miles screw up not just that he missed a good shot but Lance was wide open from under the basket. Could have it there is CJ see and pass the ball to him.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bucks steal game one, this series have potential to be good and they match up well with the Raptors could see a upset but I say raps win in 7

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Raptors are in full play mode tonight...which means they are completely and utterly disappointing. The Raptors organization has never won game 1 of the first round in a playoff series.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 seconds in start of the game, and Gobert goes down after looks like he bump knee hopefully it isn't serious

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazy that you forget which teams choke when the playoffs arrive. Ala Toronto. I will still stick with them to rep the East in the Finals.

Jazz beat the Clippers on a buzzer beater by none other then Joe Johnson. Crazy. Without Gobert, though, they'll be in trouble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^i agree without Gobert if he is out for this series they won't win the series but to credit Utah last night they play tough and well coach. Joe Johnson was huge this series the small lineup bother the Clippers Blake Griffin was terrible Joe Johnson abuse him.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cj mccollum & damian lillard are literally carrying the Blazers right now I wonder how long that will last though?

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn this is great

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And while this is happening, Chicago topped the Celtics in their opening game.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I caught the last half of the Celtics vs Bulls, great game. This Rockets game was great too, Harden is a damn legend in the making. Enjoyed every bit of that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't catch the Houston, Milwaukee or Boston games yet but goddamn that Portland vs Golden State game was intense! Portland brought it like I knew they would, despite not having Nurkic...Though at the same time, seeing how they had minimal help at best from everyone else on their team is the same way they lost the playoffs series last year to the Warriors, plus most regular season games as well. I see this ending in either 4 or 5 games..Green blocked the shit outta quite a few Trailblazers earlier tonight....Durant stepped up as did McGee...Game 2 on Wednesday will be telling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like that, the 8 seed Bulls have taken games 1 & 2 from Boston IN Boston. I had a feeling the Bulls were going to take this series and it's looking more and more like it now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westbrook playing a Fourth Quarter from hell, while all the Rockets are raining in threes. In the future if I feel guilty for not liking Westbrook I will remember this quarter as the worst version of heroball I've ever seen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how PG13 is going to stay in Indiana. Not after this series. Not after these few years of constantly being bullied out of the playoffs by Lebron James and his teams. Game 3s loss was probably the most embarrassing of them all. The Pacers were up 25 points and blew it. Lebron finished with a triple double and helped lead his biggest playoff comeback ever. The Pacers are doomed and more then likely getting blown out in Game 4. I mean, after Game 1s loss where PG was upset Miles took the last shot over him to this devastating loss. I can't see how Indiana can bounce back. Forget winning the series. I can't even see them having the heart and motivation to win one game. Just crazy.

The Bucks dominated Toronto for the 2nd time in this series. Making me question my pick of Toronto winning the East. For some strange reason, I forgot that Toronto forgets to show up in the playoffs. Mostly Kyle Lowry and Demar Derozan. The Bucks future is bright with the Greek Freak and a win in this series could be big for them. I just wonder how any of these two teams will play against the Cavs in the 2nd round. I won't eliminate Toronto yet. They just need to wake up. Especially down 2-1.

In the West, the Grizzlies stepped it up for their coach. After his referee tirade, it seemed to wake up the team. Especially in the 2nd half where the Spurs looked lethargic. I don't think Memphis wins this series, but at least they gave their home crowd a win in Game 3. The Spurs need to steal this 4th game, because if the series gets tied at 2, all the momentum can swing over to Memphis.

Today we get the Celtics and the Bulls opening up the playoff night. I predicted the Bulls to stun the Celtics and join the 8 seeded teams who knock out the 1 seeds and right now, it's looking really good. The Bulls took both road games in Boston which led to the talking heads saying Boston may be the worst 1 seed ever. I'd have to look into it to agree or disagree. However, I think Chicago is a very underrated team. They barely squeaked into the playoffs over Miami and Cleveland DEFINITELY avoided having to face them in the first round by handing Boston the 1 seed. However, if Boston can steal this road win in Chicago, things can definitely start swinging in their direction. If this series leaves Chicago tied at 2, I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston win the series. Chicago NEEDS to win 1 of these 2 at home. Wade, Butler and Rondo are not losing this series, in my opinion. I expect Chicago to win Game 3, lose Game 4 and end the series in Boston.

The next match up is the battle of the MVPs. The Thunder are at home where the Rockets are coming. Westbrook had another historic game in Game 2. Being the first player to ever record a 50 point triple double in the playoffs, breaking a Seattle/OKC record with points and having the WORST quarter (4th) in playoff history. James Harden didn't have to do it all in Game 2 as he got help from the two best 6th men in Gordon and Williams. Game 3 can change this whole series. Westbrook needs help and if OKC can come out victorious, then we got ourselves a series. I think OKC ties this series at 2 and things get exciting. I still don't think OKC wins the series, but that's because Westbrook has no help. Westbrook reminds me of Iverson. A superstar doing everything without any help. They need to get him better shooters. Roberson and Oladipo are not shooters.

The playoff night ends with the Clippers and the Jazz. A lot of people are trying to rush the sand down the hour glass with the Clippers. It's kind of like they can't wait to see the Clippers fall off the map and start getting rid of players. I think Utah has a good team, but I'm not willing to eliminate Lob City this soon. If the Clippers are going down, it's in the next round to their arch nemesis Warriors. I think that match up is bound to happen and I don't expect the Clippers to lose this series. Utah has a bright future if they can get Hayward to commit there. I just don't think this is a year of winning a series for them. Not while the Clippers have this much pressure on them. I expect the Clippers to win Game 3 tonight.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And just like that Rondo is out indefinitely with a thumb injury the Celtics probably have a chance to tie the series and maybe win the series now. Hopefully Grant step up now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Just saw that on my phone as well. HUGE loss for Chicago.

Well, it may be too premature but fuck it, Kawhi Leanord did it. This is the time for Jimmy Butler to prove he's a superstar. He needs to step it the fuck up and put up huge numbers. If Rondo can make it back for the Eastern Conference Finals, they could possibly get Rajon Rondo back to face Lebron and the Cavs. Assuming all that happens, one thing will have to become true. Jimmy Butler would need to morph into a superstar.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. OKC barely survived. Holy shit. Westbrook was choking at the FT line at the end. James Harden missed the game winning 3 and OKC walked out with the 2 point victory. Houston is up 2-1 and Westbrooks post game speech was so Russ. He was so mad at himself for missing free throws. He needs to calm down a little bit in the 4th quarter. I feel bad because he desperately needs help.

Boston beat up Chicago today to get back in the series. It also seemed like Rondo tried tripping Crowder from the bench. Chicago still leads the series 2-1, but if they lose Game 4 at home, it could be the end for Chicago. That's how sports and momentum work. It's wild.

Right now, we got a tight ending going on with the Jazz and the Clippers. Blake Griffin is out of the game with a toe injury so it's sort of even now. No Gobert and no Blake. Gordon Hayward and George Hill are having great games right now. Chris Paul is playing like a savage for the Clippers, though. Still anyone's game.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BREAKING NEWS
    In another "kick" to the gut for the Clippers championship dreams, Blake Griffin is OUT for the remainder of the postseason with a big toe injury.

If this was the last chance for Lob City to do it with the Big 3, it's not looking likely. I still want to see them win this series against Utah just to see the heart this team will put out there against Golden State. Chris Paul went SAVAGE MODE in the 4th quarter last night to help win Game 3. He's going to need to do that for a couple of more weeks if he wants to be a champion. This is Paul Pierces final year. A lot of things going on with this team that could make their story good against the dream team in San Fran. I'll be pulling for them, because I like feel good stories. Still, the chances of them making it far have decreased drastically with that loss.

Thread Information