Thread: NBA PLAYOFFS DISCUSSION!

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NBA PLAYOFFS DISCUSSION!

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    Watching the replay it's the only conclusion I can come to. Zaza foot didn't just incidentally land underneath Leonard's, he went out of his way to put it there. To me saying it was accidental is about as credible as saying Draymond Green accidentally kicked players in the nuts.
    Yeah ... honestly; there's no debate about it. That doesn't just happen.

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just very frustrating. I fell quite confident the Warriors v Spurs series would go atleast 6 games with a healthy Kawhi Leonard. I have said he's my pick for MVP this season & they're showing it in the 4 quarters since without him

They matchup very well IMO v Golden St with Kawhi but he just does so much for San Antonio really no way to expect anything without him especially v a team as good as Golden St. Hated seeing Zaza just so nonchalantly swipe his foot in front of Kawhi. Not the normal type of NBA injury & that needs to be removed from NBA

NBA Draft Lottery was interesting. Celtics, Lakers, 76ers, Suns & Kings Top 5 In that order

Fultz IMO is the best player in this draft & can't fault Celtics if they take him. I do question how well Tjomas & Fultz would mix on the same team though. I think style wise someone like Josh Jackson may be a more natural fit. Either way, great for the Celtics to have Conference Finals berth & #1 draft pick. Whoever they did draft going right into a title contender

Love the Lakers at #2. Just let them ruin their team by taking Lonzo Ball. Ignoring his absurd father, Lonzo is insanely over rated. Can't play defense, has absolutely ZERO mid range game & sucks at free throws. This is such a loaded deep draft, there's seriously about 8-10 guys I'd pick before I take Lonzo, so Lakers are setting their franchise back if they take him IMO

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam Silver is so full of shit. Twice in three years he punishes the Knicks for winning their last game and rewards the TWolves by placing them higher than the Knicks by randomly giving the Wolves a coin flip win and then he randomly moves the Knicks down with the 8th pick.

Please don't tank my ass, once again you fucking hack why reward teams who blatantly throw the final few games like the Wolves have done the past few years?

There is no point in winning these final few games so Silver needs to stop pleading teams to play for the integrity of the game when you're going to punish teams for winning. The Knicks win a meaningless game vs Philly and move down 2 spots because of such from 6th to 8th. They win a meaningless game two years ago vs Orlando and move down from top position to end up going 4th overall(Thankfully Porzingis was available). What gain is there? "You need to be professional about it". No how about YOU be professional about it you fucking hack and keep the teams record wise where they belong?

Take the fucking stupid ass lotto system away you fucking idiot. Your point of not wanting teams to tank is all for naught. The Suns have like 2 decent players in Booker and Bledsoe yet they get fucked out of the top 3. What are you doing you idiot Silver?

But it's going nowhere because ratings and stuff. At least the MLB has the balls to take away that nonsensical homefield advantage garbage in the All Star Game and can admit a mistake.

I will keep bitching about this garbage lotto system until the day I die or until I can post no more on PW. Awful. Awful. I wonder what happens first, we abolish this garbage system or the NFL has THE BALLS to not reward mediocrity with a home playoff game.
    Last edited by Blindy; 05-16-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.....I actually remember when people bitched about the lottery being rigged FOR the Knicks when they drafted Patrick Ewing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.....I actually remember when people bitched about the lottery being rigged FOR the Knicks when they drafted Patrick Ewing.
    Albeit it's the Knicks fault for trading away their draft picks but when was the last time the Knicks moved up in the draft? Was I born for that?

Currently Playing:

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure lotto balls & coin flips have determined the Knicks picks, not Adam Silver

And I don't see how a system that goes against tanking is a bad one. First off, the difference between each of these picks isn't very much especially the further in the draft you go & it's complete chance to determine the picks. Of course most of the time it'll go by the odds though. This system is certainly much better then forcing teams to try to lose because it guarantees nothing

In a draft this deep & talented I don't think dropping 1 draft spot makes much difference because you're all but assured to get a strong player anyway

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    I'm pretty sure lotto balls & coin flips have determined the Knicks picks, not Adam Silver

And I don't see how a system that goes against tanking is a bad one. First off, the difference between each of these picks isn't very much especially the further in the draft you go & it's complete chance to determine the picks. Of course most of the time it'll go by the odds though. This system is certainly much better then forcing teams to try to lose because it guarantees nothing

In a draft this deep & talented I don't think dropping 1 draft spot makes much difference because you're all but assured to get a strong player anyway
    By that logic, Porzingis fell to the Knicks at 4.....if the Knicks wanted a player, they'd have to TRADE UP to a spot they should have already been picking to begin with. That would have cost assets for something they should not have been giving based off of record alone. Knicks did not control their own destiny in taking Porzingis, they needed the Lakers and 76ers to pass on him. That's absolutely absurd and if a player becomes really good at the 6th/7th pick and the Knicks are stuck with another Mike Sweeney situation in a loaded draft upfront than absolutely it's a joke.

Mark Cuban blatantly coming out in the open that they tanked is pretty poetic, Silver shouldn't do a damn thing if he's going to allow teams to shoot themselves in the foot for the "integrity of the game".

Once again it's a ratings ploy and nothing more. But I am glad to see there's an owner who knows that this lotto system is a farce and is just playing by the rules. Players should have the power to choose where to play in FA but that will also mean teams should have the power to bomb it to get a star player at 4-5 years of service.

That being said Knicks should still secure their PG of the future even if it's not Ball or Fltz or Fox or maybe Dennis Smith Jr. Nikilitina who euro scouts rave about would be cool with me.
    Last edited by Blindy; 05-17-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teams still have the power to bomb it if they want. Adam Silver didn't threaten to do anything to anybody if they tanked and there have been no penalties to the obviously tanking Lakers or Suns of last year.

I don't really like the lottery, but because the impact of one player on a basketball team can be so huge I don't have any problem with the NBA doing something to lessen tanking. I'm fine with the wheel proposal from years back. Obviously the 76ers of the past several years haven't turned things around after four seasons of tanking, and that is at least in part because the lottery hasn't been kind to them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait to get into the draft talk. Anyone invest into Lonzo and buy the ZO2 sneakers? I'm ordering them on my next pay check in a week and a half. About to drop $495 on sneakers, hoping I can sell them for more in the future.

The Cavs won, again. So, the Cavs and Warriors are probably going to face each other with undefeated postseason records. Cute.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picking the Cavs in 5 may have given the Celtics a little too much credit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...No reason to watch in an era of garbage... king baby bitch James sits on top... and will face Warriors 3rd straight year... and probably next 5 straight years... Oh joy... Imagine seeing king baby bitch in 90s... and he never would have won a ring or anything...

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thelist View Post
    ...No reason to watch in an era of garbage... king baby bitch James sits on top... and will face Warriors 3rd straight year... and probably next 5 straight years... Oh joy... Imagine seeing king baby bitch in 90s... and he never would have won a ring or anything...

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the Eastern Final is being built as #1 vs. #2. But let's be honest, it feels more like a #1 vs. a #7 or #8. And the #1 is actually the second seed.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...not hate just truth... eastern is the biggest joke... western is at least a challenge... Let it be all about them... This era of basketball is pussified...

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...not hate just truth... eastern is the biggest joke... western is at least a challenge... Let it be all about them... This era of basketball is pussified...

Nobody seems to hold that against Jordan, and the East was a joke in his era as well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody seems to hold that against Jordan, and the East was a joke in his era as well.
    ...cause pussy James isn't that good... He is overrated and only considered the best cause of today's era... the era Jordan played in he could have went west and still had 6 rings... James goes west and a big 0... I call it like i see it... James can get 10 rings still wouldn't belong in top 25 all time...

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...cause pussy James isn't that good... He is overrated and only considered the best cause of today's era... the era Jordan played in he could have went west and still had 6 rings... James goes west and a big 0... I call it like i see it... James can get 10 rings still wouldn't belong in top 25 all time...
    LOL.....no point in even arguing if you honestly believe that. That is pure hatorade with nothing of substance behind it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.....no point in even arguing if you honestly believe that. That is pure hatorade with nothing of substance behind it.
    ...lol just a fanboy if you honestly believe he belongs in to 25... I would say 50... But he he is an overrated baby cause of the time he is playing... In Jordan's era he would just be average lost in all the greatness around him...

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...lol just a fanboy if you honestly believe he belongs in to 25... I would say 50... But he he is an overrated baby cause of the time he is playing... In Jordan's era he would just be average lost in all the greatness around him...
    I agree, 80's and 90's Basketball were physical as hell. Jordan got his butt whoop physically game in and game out. I dont see James driving to the whole against Rick Mahorn and Bill Laimbeer. Those guys back then were just to physical compare to now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm amazed you lasted that long.

Anyone can feel free to hate on any player they want too but if trying to make an argument that LeBron isn't even top 25 of all time is beyond hilarious. Even moreso if he got 10 rings.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda agree with you on this, but LT you got to admit that the East back then was stronger then it is now lol

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gr8t I Is View Post
    I agree, 80's and 90's Basketball were physical as hell. Jordan got his butt whoop physically game in and game out. I dont see James driving to the whole against Rick Mahorn and Bill Laimbeer. Those guys back then were just to physical compare to now.
    ...agreed... Man i miss that era of basketball.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...agreed... Man i miss that era of basketball.
    Yes James has the body for that era, but do you think they wouldve beat him up mentally?

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The East back then was lot stronger compare today East, and the physical aspect with the hand check allow back then is what basketball great in that sense now today NBA it's just the league gone soft.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like like a good laugh, so go ahead. Name 25 players better..

And lets be real here. Jordan didn't win a damn thing until the league changed the flagrant foul rules.

I love Jordan and I do believe he is the greatest of all-time, but his legacy has been somewhat overstated. He didn't win shit until Bird's Celtics got old, and the league changed the game to be less physical in the lane, which essentially declawed the Detroit Pistons. Before those two things happened Jordan was getting his ass kicked in the playoffs year in year out.
    Last edited by The Real LT; 05-19-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Thread Information