Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA PLAYOFFS DISCUSSION!

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NBA PLAYOFFS DISCUSSION!

Man oh man Kawhi Leonard has the Spurs on his back and just keeps delivering.

Great Spurs-Grizzlies conclusion with Memphis getting the win.
    Last edited by mikec; 04-22-2017 at 11:19 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game. Kawhi played like an absolute legend, but Memphis had an answer for everything. Mike Conley set the franchise record for points scored in the playoffs for the Grizzlies. Gasol hitting the game winner. Just a sick game. Now it's best of 3.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Great game. Kawhi played like an absolute legend, but Memphis had an answer for everything. Mike Conley set the franchise record for points scored in the playoffs for the Grizzlies. Gasol hitting the game winner. Just a sick game. Now it's best of 3.
    Who'd to thought that for the Spurs in Round 1.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zach Lowe and a few others predicted 7 games.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I kind of dig both Boston and Chicago. I'd love to see either or face the Cavs in the ECF. The Cavs finished off the sweep today by defeating Indiana. Paul George got the final shot and missed the rim. So there's your "I need the ball" moment PG.

The Rockets took a commanding 3-1 series lead today and should wrap it up in Game 5. Westbrook gets another triple double, but can't find a way to win it in the 4th again. They shut down Harden all day and lost because of Nene and Eric Gordon. Imagine that shit. Talk about reserves being the story in this series. Westbrook has ZERO help.

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoyed the Rockets game today, they were behind by 10 at one point, and then later they were down by 12 I think. They were behind for 95% of the game and then took the lead with a few minutes left and Westbrook took some really bad shots, throwing air balls. Loved the pace and urgency of the game, different from a regular season NBA game. One thing I don't like or understand about basketball is how at the last couple minutes it turns into this back and forth series of both teams intentionally fouling each other to give each other free throws. Wouldn't it be better to just play the game and play defense instead of giving the other team a free point or two? I don't get it.

OKC looked pretty devastated by the loss in front of their home crowd. Rockets got to close it down in the next game.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These playoffs are heating up in every match-up....Portland's damn near gonna get swept by Golden State..Nurkic looked real shitty in Game 3....I know Portland's desperate, has nothing to lose and is at home and all, but Nurkic hasn't even had a month to heal from his broken leg...Ain't no fucking way he's gonna keep up with the Warriors during the playoffs after breaking his leg less than a month prior and it showed greatly in Game 3 as Warriors players drove by him to get layups. Hopefully Golden State sweeps Portland and gets plenty of rest time so they can wait out the Clippers vs Jazz series which I think might go to 6 games despite the Clippers losing Griffin for the rest of the playoffs with that toe injury.

Game 4 between Portland and Golden State's tomorrow and should be another raucous showcase..Though it really sucks Kerr's gonna miss Game 4 and most likely the entire 2nd round of the playoffs...He's in agonizing pain, whether that's due to his botched back surgery done a couple years ago or something else isn't being publicly stated. Mike Brown, who's an assistant coach has stepped up and did a nice job in Game 3. Golden State's comfortable with Brown as their coach at the moment so things should keep on rolling.

That OKC vs Houston match was hotly contested but once again, as has been proven for years on end, Westbrook has no help...When it comes down to it, the rest of his team scores minimally, at best even under high pressure situations at HOME..It's obviously high time that the Thunder give Westbrook an actual reliable shooting guard(or 2) to finally take a good portion of the burden off his shoulders, hence making the Thunder more balanced.

I have a feeling that Boston vs Chicago might go to 7 games..This is a nice back and forth series so far...Seems like a win at home lose on the road type of series so we'll see what Game 5 brings.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boston and Chicago has been win on the road, lose at home actually. Which is so strange.

The Jazz have tied the series up with the Clippers and is another series going to best of 3 now. It seems like the Warriors are getting the sweep and every other series could go 7. Making the Cavs and Warriors chill out and wait out.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact the Raptors are struggling against Milwaukee tells me they're going to get absolutely pumped by the Cavs if they manage to move to the 2nd round. Even if the series ends in 6 the Cavs get almost a full week of rest. I wouldn't be betting on Toronto if that's who ends up facing them.

Not liking how Toronto has played. I don't know what it is about them and the playoffs but they can't help but suck once April hits. I don't understand it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Raptors live and die by Kyle Lowry. When they've won this series, he's averaged 20+ a game. When they've lost, he's averaging less then 10. That's horrible consistency. I picked them to represent the East in the Finals, because I thought this would be the postseason they finally figure it out in, but I don't know.

It's annoying to me that the media is trying to write off the Raptors chances against the Bucks. The media is drooling over the Greek Freak and they're dying to see him against King James, but cmon. Not yet. I still think Toronto wins this series. It's tied 2-2, but the media is making it seem like the Bucks are up 3-1.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a typo earlier, Dat Guy. I meant that the Celtics/Bulls series was a win on the road lose at home, instead of the reverse.

Far as the sweep of Portland last night, goddamn that was an evisceration by Golden State...Portland truly never stood a chance starting at the tip-off..Golden State strangled Portland throughout the game. You could see it on McCollum's face and that fact that he didn't score even 10 points during the entire game. Draymond has to win the DPOY award this year....He shut down Lillard and McCollum, along with other Trailblazers time and again in this series.....West, Thompson, Durant, McCaw and McGee had some nice defensive moments, too..

Far as the East goes I've stated it before and I'll reiterate it-I wouldn't be surprised if the Wizards weasel their way into the Finals against Golden State..With the Cavs sweeping Indiana but struggling during the series in the actual games against the Pacers, I see the Cavs having real problems with the back-court explosiveness of the Wizards, along with Gortat getting going on defense. Not to mention the Wizards' coach is the old OKC coach, hence they're playing under a much better system now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    The fact the Raptors are struggling against Milwaukee tells me they're going to get absolutely pumped by the Cavs if they manage to move to the 2nd round. Even if the series ends in 6 the Cavs get almost a full week of rest. I wouldn't be betting on Toronto if that's who ends up facing them.

Not liking how Toronto has played. I don't know what it is about them and the playoffs but they can't help but suck once April hits. I don't understand it.
    The playoffs are where coaching is exposed more and more. Casey, for a lack of a better term, is not a good coach. He's mostly carried and elevated through Lowry (and this year, DeRozan's) play through the season. Kidd's a better coach than Casey which is the only reason the Bucks series is playing out the way it is. The fact that Casey hasn't just let JV bully his way through a very poor Bucks interior is telling (as well as attempting to shift blame to his play by sending him to the bench).

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy
    The Raptors live and die by Kyle Lowry. When they've won this series, he's averaged 20+ a game. When they've lost, he's averaging less then 10. That's horrible consistency. I picked them to represent the East in the Finals, because I thought this would be the postseason they finally figure it out in, but I don't know.

It's annoying to me that the media is trying to write off the Raptors chances against the Bucks. The media is drooling over the Greek Freak and they're dying to see him against King James, but cmon. Not yet. I still think Toronto wins this series. It's tied 2-2, but the media is making it seem like the Bucks are up 3-1.
    Agreed on all fronts. I'd say the same about DeRozan too. When one of them is missing, they Raptors are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    The playoffs are where coaching is exposed more and more. Casey, for a lack of a better term, is not a good coach. He's mostly carried and elevated through Lowry (and this year, DeRozan's) play through the season. Kidd's a better coach than Casey which is the only reason the Bucks series is playing out the way it is. The fact that Casey hasn't just let JV bully his way through a very poor Bucks interior is telling (as well as attempting to shift blame to his play by sending him to the bench).
    This is the kind of stuff I miss with my lazy basketball watching. I don't pay attention to the more technical aspects of the game. I've always heard "Casey is just a bad coach, the Raptors can't go all the way with him," but never been given an example of WHY he's a bad coach. So thanks for that.

Anyway, Raps won last night and I expected them to. No way were they going to drop a home game before going back to Milwaukee. Someone on twitter said it best (paraphrasing): "Game 3 was the best thing that could have happened to the Raptors," and I agree. They got absolutely pumped and have looked awesome since. More aggressive, better defensively, just walking over the Bucks and looking good to finish off the series on their turf.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked the Wizards to make the ECF, but they have no bench and would be beaten by either Cleveland or Toronto.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's it for the incredible season for Westbrook. The Rockets take them out in 5. The Rockets now await the winner of the Spurs and Grizzlies. The Spurs picked up the huge game 5 win to go up 3-2. I really want to see the Rockets/Spurs series. I think either one of those two teams can give the Warriors a run for their money.

The biggest Game 5 win goes to the Jazz as they took the 3-2 series lead on the road! Can the Jazz win the series in 6 at home? The Warriors await.

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see Houston vs San Antonio in the next round too. I fell asleep and missed the end of last night's game, Thunder were winning like 77-70, glad to see the Rockets came back and closed it down. I don't know much of anything about basketball and I'm biased towards the Houston guy but from what I seen in this series Harden looked like a better player than Westbrook.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harden is in a better position to succeed than Westbrook so it's hard to qualify/quantify, but I think that Harden is the better player (he shoots a little better, passes a little better, plays within the team a little more and is left handed so he has more weirdness to his game), but Westbrook is the better athlete so the two are about equal.

That Jazz win last night was impressive. They had an 11 point lead and lost it really quickly thanks to Chris Paul but then rebuilt a lead they could hold onto. Joe Johnson doing some strange things in that series, can't imagine that working nearly as well against the Warriors with either Klay, Iguodala, Draymond or Durant on him.

The two series I've seen the most of are that one and San Antonio/Memphis. I figure San Antonio will probably close it out in game 6, but I think Houston has a real good shot against them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James Harden have a better supporting cast credit to Moryl(sp.) to bring shooters to mesh James Harden game well while I'm not a fan of D'Antoni but I give him credit when he insert James Harden to play point guard and make him a primarily playmaker people didn't realize that Harden use to play the point guard when he was in college with Arizona State.

I could see why people will say Harden a better player but I could see why others think Westbrook is the better player. Both is good to have on your roster to build on or around them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the other hand I love D'Antoni and the style of basketball he believes in.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This 4th quarter is going to be good. Celtics up 1 with 8 minutes to go.

Well, that shit got away from Chicago really quickly. I think the series goes to 7. I don't think Chicago is getting swept at home. Then I think Rondo forces himself back for a Game 7 and we have ourselves an epic showdown.
    Last edited by Dat Guy; 04-26-2017 at 11:19 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FUCKING RAPTORS!!! Never mind blowing this game, they may have just blown the fucking series! A 25 POINT FUCKING LEAD BLOWN!!!

EDIT: We survived, thank goodness. On to Round 2.
    Last edited by CM Punk'd; 04-27-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After being so locked in with the NFL Draft, I almost forgot there was playoff basketball on. Playoff hockey, too. Shame the Rangers couldn't take Game 1.

But tonight, the Spurs handled their business and won the series. This upcoming showdown with the Houston Rockets and San Antonio Spurs is going to be ABSOLUTELY BONKERS! Can't wait. I think the Spurs win it in 7, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

The Raptors blew a lead and deserved to lose. They advance, but they don't look like winners. I've never seen a team win a series and look like they lost. That's Toronto for me. I picked them to lose in the Finals, but there's no way they're beating the Cavs. I think the Cavs are going to put them away in 5.

Tomorrow we got some more elimination possibilities with a trio of Game 6 games. Washington looks to finish off Atlanta in what's being dubbed a "UFC series". I think ATL finds a way to win and take it to Game 7, where Washington will escape. On the other side of their second round match up, Boston looks to eliminate Chicago. Rondo will NOT play, so Butler needs to have a huge game to bring it to Game 7. I think he does and then Game 7 goes to Chicago, too. I have to stick with my original pick there. Then in the West, The Jazz look to win their first series in forever by knocking out The Clippers. If the Clippers go home tomorrow night, it's going to be a tough offseason in Lob City. I think the Clippers find a way to win these next two games, though.

So if my picks go right, every game tomorrow will go to a Game 7!

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bracket pool at work would be perfect on my first round predictions if the series stay the way they are, so they probably won't.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rondo out and Jimmy is bang up but will play hurt yeah this smell a loss to end this series.

Looking forward to the Clippers/Jazz tonight Joe Johnson have been huge in this series I expect this to be close again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    FUCKING RAPTORS!!! Never mind blowing this game, they may have just blown the fucking series! A 25 POINT FUCKING LEAD BLOWN!!!

EDIT: We survived, thank goodness. On to Round 2.
    I was following the game from the Raptors905 championship one. When I checked, it was 25 point lead. After the game finished and on my way home, I saw that we were down 2 and was freaking confused. I automatically assumed they went into iso ball and from what I can tell; I was correct. That's only ever been successful with the Raptors down and Lowry willing the way forward. It literally ALWAYS fails when it's to protect a lead.

Thread Information