Thread: 4/11 Smackdown Women's Shake up

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: 4/11 Smackdown Women's Shake up

I don't get the "Tamina can't wrestle and has no redeeming qualities" meme that dominates this subforum, like she's Ashley Massaro or something. Not even Nia Jax gets that level of hate, and Tamina is way better than she will probably ever be. Tamina is far from great, but I think she's quite good. She has the fundamentals down and she's quite athletic. It's nice to have a fresh face on the scene and in 2017 I'd rather see her than the likes of Natalya and Mickie James.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way they built up Taminas return there was absolutely terrible. Made the crowd think it was Charlotte and got them all riled up and ready for her - then anti-climatically brought out Tamina who very few fans in attendance i'm sure care about. Shane basically buried Tamina on the mic after by saying things like ''I know this isn't who you were all expecting'' and then saying ''Please welcome the biggest and best addition to SD Live tonight'' with Tamina stood there - very awkward, very odd.
    It was almost like ''HERE's CHARLOTTE - Lol Just kidding it's just old Tamina - PSYCHE here is the real Charlotte which is of course much better!''

As if I didn't find Tamina underwhelming enough this certainly put the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I don't get the "Tamina can't wrestle and has no redeeming qualities" meme that dominates this subforum, like she's Ashley Massaro or something. Not even Nia Jax gets that level of hate, and Tamina is way better than she will probably ever be. Tamina is far from great, but I think she's quite good. She has the fundamentals down and she's quite athletic. It's nice to have a fresh face on the scene and in 2017 I'd rather see her than the likes of Natalya and Mickie James.
    I don't think it's that she is TERRIBLE or absolutely unbearable, but as you said she's 'far from great' in a current crop of .... well, 'greats'. You've got Naomi, Alexa, Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley etc all of whom are younger, fresher and seem to have more to give and I just don't think Tamina cuts it now. As much as she's quicker and technically more 'athletic' than Nia; the idea is that they're big power house scary bitches and Nia, on appearance alone, seems to do this a little more unfortunately (i'm no big fan of either).

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refuse to believe they pulled out Tamina other than to troll the crowd.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smakdown gets shitted on once again. Tamina was a FREE AGENT NOT A TRADE.

SMH I'm just about done with WWE and I never thought i would've said so.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Tamina hatred goes beyond levels I ever expected. She can make people quit watching the whole product!

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Tamina hatred goes beyond levels I ever expected. She can make people quit watching the whole product!
    I haven't seen her in over a year. Who knows, she may have improved herself at the PC in that time.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only problem with having two women's champs is that you really only have like 2 credible divas fighting from each brand. Put them together the division would be great.

Loved Shane introducing Tamina the way he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takerfan4life
    Cobain I have respect for because he does have great mind when it comes to wrestling
    WOOOOOOOO!

vCash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    I haven't seen her in over a year. Who knows, she may have improved herself at the PC in that time.
    When the SD house show came here in February, Tamina tagged with Nattie against Carmella and Alexa. She was not any better. Sadly, she was slower and more lumbering but maybe in the past months she's worked out the ring rust.

While I am not a huge fan of Tamina's, I thought the way she was treated by Shane on the mic was deplorable. The swerve was fun but he basically called her shit after that.

Charlotte is a great acquisition. They needed to split her and Sasha up. I'm looking forward to the fresher feuds.

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
    #TeamAuthority
    R.E.A.L

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I'm not sure why someone wouldn't understand why people wouldn't like Tamina.

Her move set is boring. She can't talk effectively . Zero charisma . Worst off she can't take face offense well at all. She's also 39 and has major injuries meaning that the likelihood of her getting better/more athletic is not likely.

Why waste time with a talent with no upside? The Iconic duo would have been much better additions to the roster.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tamina's really not that great in the ring. Like Nia, she's a person who's been built up to be super strong and dominant, but rarely has any in ring moves that take advantage of that moniker. Thankfully she hasn't been as dangerous as Nia was with Charlotte last Monday.

But I will give her the fact that she has an awesome splash and a really good superkick (and I like her signature move of removing her jacket and throwing it at her opponent). So she works fine for me as someone's heavy, like with AJ and Naomi. She's not really gonna be destined for in-ring greatness. She's not really gonna be a star this late in her career. So might as well put her back to doing what she does best: stare daggers at people and intimidate them, throw a kick once or twice, throw the jacket, etc.
    ★ If you're gonna do it, do it with FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Emperor;4440631]The Tamina hatred goes beyond levels I ever expected. She can make people quit watching the whole product![/QU

I was not referring to Tamina as a reason for quiting. I don't have an issue with Tamina and earlier noted how i'm interested to see how she's handled.

My issue is the way SD gets raped in order to keep Raw superior. We're led to believe that it took Alexa and Mickie just to get Charlotte? BULLSHIT! You literally have a perfectly good wrestler in Alicia and she's being wasted while Nia gets pushed!

I'm all for "enhancement talent" but not when that talent can wrestle circles around the girl their being told to make look good?
    Last edited by KellyRo; 04-12-2017 at 04:04 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy Tamina is back from her injury and/or whatever else and ready, hopefully, to see some sort of action. So what if her wrestling skills are mediocre at best; she is still way better than Nia in all regards to me. Watching Jax almost cripple Charlotte with her poor wrestling only supports that. I doubt Tamina will ever be pushed as an everyday in ring performer but she is perfectly suited for the heel sidekick role who wrestles rarely but interferes often. I am fine with that; let her be the quiet, brooding monster sidekick.

Happy to see Charlotte on SD as I enjoy the booking there much more than Raw's booking for women matches. Raw had the talent but wasted it I thought with too many gimmicky matches instead of straight one on ones. I'm excited to see how much Charlotte can help elevate the SD women's division overall. Now there are two women, Charlotte and Becky, with enough in ring skills and charisma to help elevate the matches they are in.

Was sad to see Alexa go, even though I thought her in ring skills weren't very good I felt she has evolved and is becoming quite good with her mic and promo skills. I think Alexa's biggest wrestling problem is something she has no control over, which is her height. The ring is designed for men whose average height is much taller than hers. She is so short that she has to be careful how she hits and uses the ropes during her matches, which makes her movements not seem smooth and awesome. AJ Lee used to deal with the same problem but had figured out a way to overcome it for the most part with her little skip hops, wish she could teach Alexa.

On a side note, I have to admit that I truly think that the brand split hurt more than helped the women's division and don't really see how the roster switches will improve this. When Shane called the SD women to the ring there ended up being 7 women total, including Tamina and Charlotte. Constantly having fatal four-ways and tag matches every week has only helped expose just how limited their roster is, which in turn has caused them to rush up people like Nia who really aren't ready to be in the ring every week. I applaud the work being done in NXT to develop the next wave of women wrestlers, but that training takes time. The only woman truly ready to come up is Asuka, but after her who?

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think Peyton and Billie can come up with their Iconic Duo shtick. Those two look main roster ready and the mean girls gimmick is quite easy to play. They're also not going anywhere near the NXT Women's title in the future (like Alexa's case when she was in NXT), so I say call them up as a pair and let them work their way from there. They'll do well as foils for an "unconventional" woman like Becky Lynch.

-surrender-

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the problem in NXT is all their close to main roster move ready women right now, and probably for the near future at least, are from other countries and have noticeable accents. Hardcore wrestling fans have little to no problem with this if they have charisma and good in ring skills; plus NXT is governed by Steph and HHH.

For some reason Vince seems extremely quick to pull the push from any female with an accent he deems to thick to understand. Look at irrelevant Becky has been since her brief title run; word I've heard is because of her accent. I find that extremely sad as she has the in ring skill to make the women in the ring with her look better than they are yet she isn't allowed to be a champion Irish Lass Kicker and has to job out to lesser skilled women.

This is why I wonder how Asuka will be booked and pushed whenever she gets the call up to one of the main rosters. She is amazing in the ring and her whole persona to me is off the charts good, yet her English is almost as bad as Nia's wrestling. The Iconic Duo could be called up but hopefully they let them develop more down in NXT so they don't just come up to get lost behind the scenes like a few male tag teams have seen happen. Being as they are women that most likely won't happen but who knows with Vinnie Mac

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShwaggyD View Post
    For some reason Vince seems extremely quick to pull the push from any female with an accent he deems to thick to understand. Look at irrelevant Becky has been since her brief title run; word I've heard is because of her accent. I find that extremely sad as she has the in ring skill to make the women in the ring with her look better than they are yet she isn't allowed to be a champion Irish Lass Kicker and has to job out to lesser skilled women.
    Wait, Becky jobbing to lesser skilled women? The only woman she's ever really lost to consistently was Alexa Bliss and that's because Alexa was the champion. Even after Becky lost her title, she was in a side feud with Mickie James, which she won. Granted, it wasn't the best feud, but she was still featured. She got a title shot when Naomi dropped the title and of course it went back to Alexa because she's a heel and it's always good to have a face win the title from a heel. You don't see Becky repeatedly losing cleanly to Carmella.

With Naomi as top face now, Becky will have to take a backseat unless she turns (which I hope she won't). She can do a side feud with Tamina (for now, I guess) while Charlotte takes the title from Naomi and you run back the Becky and Charlotte animosity since PCB in a title feud that can be extended until Survivor Series or Wrestlemania. That's what happens. Let the other girls have the spotlight and she'll go back to being in the sun.

-surrender-

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that she has kids to feed but why does Tamina bother

Can't wrestle, can't talk, pushing forty, never over with an audience, buried by on air talent in her redebut... why is she there?

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asuka has to go to SmackDown now. I'm guessing a post-SummerSlam debut. Have her lose the title to Ember in Chicago and then lose the rematch in Brooklyn.

Billie and Peyton are ready for a SmackDown call-up. Wouldn't be surprised if Liv Morgan might be this year's Carmella.

If this past week's NXT is anything to go by Nikki Cross, Ruby Riot and Kimber Lee might be the centerpieces of the division going forward. And Sarah Bridges is there too. Also remember Evie is about to arrive at the PC and she'll certainly be fast-tracked to TV as will probably other women coming out of the tournament like Kairi Hojo and hopefully even Io that will fill up NXT.

They're not going to have any option but to call up Billie and Peyton soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Asuka has to go to SmackDown now. I'm guessing a post-SummerSlam debut. Have her lose the title to Ember in Chicago and then lose the rematch in Brooklyn.

Billie and Peyton are ready for a SmackDown call-up. Wouldn't be surprised if Liv Morgan might be this year's Carmella.

If this past week's NXT is anything to go by Nikki Cross, Ruby Riot and Kimber Lee might be the centerpieces of the division going forward. And Sarah Bridges is there too. Also remember Evie is about to arrive at the PC and she'll certainly be fast-tracked to TV as will probably other women coming out of the tournament like Kairi Hojo and hopefully even Io that will fill up NXT.

They're not going to have any option but to call up Billie and Peyton soon.
    Daria Berenato is going to be their golden goose in NXT and get absurd pushes due to her MMA background and her being a good story for the WWE to as the 1st active lesbian wrestler ever in the company.

I agree.

She's not an NXT callup nor a spring chicken which is why people are jelly on this forum over her.

With maybe the exception of Alicia Fox, every other veteran in the WWE like Mickie James or Natalya are loathed, the posters here like young, 30 or under talent(I think Charlotte is just past this age though)

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Daria Berenato is going to be their golden goose in NXT and get absurd pushes due to her MMA background and her being a good story for the WWE to as the 1st active lesbian wrestler ever in the company.

I agree.

She's not an NXT callup nor a spring chicken which is why people are jelly on this forum over her.

With maybe the exception of Alicia Fox, every other veteran in the WWE like Mickie James or Natalya are loathed, the posters here like young, 30 or under talent(I think Charlotte is just past this age though)
    Because Nattie, Mickie, and Tamina are as stale as it gets in the ring.

Tamina is the worst of them all though because she's so slow and not as agile as the other two and she's never had a really good match. Despite her size, she's not a good base and is pretty much dead weight.

surrender

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see tamina in her first match back before deciding?

I'll always be fan of Mickie and Alicia fox. Just wish foxy got 1 more title run.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that she's awful, she's just so f*cking boring. Watching a Tamina match is about as exciting as watching paint dry. That's the problem.

But I will give her the benefit of the doubt. Girls are allowed to do more in the ring than when she last wrestled. All the heels had the most awful, boring movesets about 2 years ago, so I will give her another chance (even though she still looks boring).

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye88 View Post
    Wait, Becky jobbing to lesser skilled women? The only woman she's ever really lost to consistently was Alexa Bliss and that's because Alexa was the champion. Even after Becky lost her title, she was in a side feud with Mickie James, which she won. Granted, it wasn't the best feud, but she was still featured. She got a title shot when Naomi dropped the title and of course it went back to Alexa because she's a heel and it's always good to have a face win the title from a heel. You don't see Becky repeatedly losing cleanly to Carmella.

With Naomi as top face now, Becky will have to take a backseat unless she turns (which I hope she won't). She can do a side feud with Tamina (for now, I guess) while Charlotte takes the title from Naomi and you run back the Becky and Charlotte animosity since PCB in a title feud that can be extended until Survivor Series or Wrestlemania. That's what happens. Let the other girls have the spotlight and she'll go back to being in the sun.
    You sort of made my point. Alexa is no where near as talented in the ring as Becky, in fact Becky is really the only one that makes Alexa look good in the ring. I'm not saying that I think Alexa is terrible, just that I find her matches hard to watch. The reality of the WWE under Vince has always been that muscles and great promos are what get the best pushes from him over in ring talent. This is how Alexa 'stole' Becky's championship push. As a mic worker Alexa has quickly evolved into one of top women which I have tremendous respect for. That doesn't mean I view her as the best. I love the Naomi push and hope it goes for a while, she does deserve the spotlight for a while. She has grown both on the mic and in the ring through hard work and that deserves to be rewarded. Becky deserves to be in the picture, after all she was SD's #1 women's pick.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShwaggyD View Post
    You sort of made my point. Alexa is no where near as talented in the ring as Becky, in fact Becky is really the only one that makes Alexa look good in the ring. I'm not saying that I think Alexa is terrible, just that I find her matches hard to watch. The reality of the WWE under Vince has always been that muscles and great promos are what get the best pushes from him over in ring talent. This is how Alexa 'stole' Becky's championship push. As a mic worker Alexa has quickly evolved into one of top women which I have tremendous respect for. That doesn't mean I view her as the best. I love the Naomi push and hope it goes for a while, she does deserve the spotlight for a while. She has grown both on the mic and in the ring through hard work and that deserves to be rewarded. Becky deserves to be in the picture, after all she was SD's #1 women's pick.
    Now this I agree with. Alexa still has miles to improve in the ring to be on the same level as Becky or even Naomi in the ring. As of now, she's getting the Trish Stratus push of being the great character that still needs a lot of in ring work.

I do think the medical emergency Becky had to deal with back in October/November really impacted how quickly she lost the belt. As it was, only Alexa got the spotlight during that feud and she stole it completely that it made no sense to hold off on her push. If Becky had been at full health and sparring with Alexa more, Lexi wouldn't have won the belt that early into Becky's reign (and only in her second defense, too). I would like to see Becky and Naomi have a friendly match or two for the title. But we all know Charlotte's in and she'll be shot straight to the title. Becky will come after.

-surrender-

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH, I really think Mickie lost her prime. I don't see the point of her being there anymore. With her switching to Raw, I could be wrong. I don't really know if she is heel or face. I don't know in some way she could of stayed on SD and feud with Natalya, if she turned face lol.

I was bothered with Tamina being introduced. I mean all this time, I thought she was in SD. I think they kind of screwed it up for the SD women's division. I think they could have transferred Alicia and the guy she is managing. They could of feuded with Carmella and the guy she is paired up (I think I forgot his name lol). When I saw them wrestle each other at Survivor Series, it seemed like they could have good chemistry. If anything, they could of brought up Tamina in a different way; and not making it count as a roster draft. Then, we have Lana. I don't see that kind of gimmick helping her to be a serious wrestler. Its also similar to Summer's gimmick. Looking forward seeing Charlotte feuding with Naomi. I just hope Naomi doesn't drop the belt soon. Charlotte should have beaten Nia, before going to SD though.

Overall, I think Raw benefited from the draft than SD lol.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree Alicia could have definitely benefited with a move to SD. RAW has both Summer and Paige (?) waiting in the wings.

Thread Information