Thread: DC vs Rumble 2

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DC vs Rumble 2

This is happening right now. Wasn't too hyped about the full card but this is a fight I am stoked about. Anybody watching?

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DC vs Rumble 2

Interesting striker vs grappler fight right there, all the aftermath was entertaining. Rumble heartbroken about the loss announces his retirement, then DC goes with a full blown heel turn, with great camera work going back and forth between he and Jones in the crowd, also threw the other guy(Minowa?) in there to build him up too.

Shocker that Johnson lost the way he did and that he retired after the fight. His heart just wasn't into it and you could see it in his performance, gives a shout out to Mike Goldberg and the context of what he said was that he doesn't really want to work for these new owners maybe, says he's got another job lined up.

Impressive performance by Cormier though, both in the fight and on the mic after the fight. Would love to see him go up to heavyweight again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man this place is deader than dead. Pretty sure the TNA subforum had more activity than this in it's dying days. Maybe time to move it back to the Sports Empire? As much activity as there is I wouldn't even give it it's own sub, just lump MMA talk into North American Sports subforum or just the Sports Empire forum itself or something.

I would start more event threads but I figured I was stepping on toes and complicating the Vbookie deal. To be honest the spam warning I got a few years ago(and the reaction I got when I asked about it) killed whatever enthusiasm I had for this subforum. It's hard for me to keep up with the Fight Night shows and Bellator because I don't have Spike TV or Fox Sports 1. I think a big part of the decline in posting is that there is just nothing going on in MMA these days, it's a one horse town with UFC. Oh how I miss the good ole days with Pride, Strikeforce, EliteXC, IFL, WEC all those feds killing it at the same time. UFC has a death grip on the entire sport now, sucks.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-09-2017 at 11:13 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never post while the show is on because the show usually has my undivided attention, and honestly I was so hyped yesterday I didn't really sleep until 5 am. I am irresponsible like that. LOL There is a ton to talk about.

Anyways yesterday's show as the first great ppv of the year where I'm pretty sure every fight delivered. On top of that, it was dramatic as fuck.

Never mind Patrick Cummings, who is sleeping on friends couches to get by, coming back from what was almost a first round KO and survive the round on wobbly legs and managing to grind out a win by gassing the other guy out with wrestling.

Patrick Cote leaving his gloves in the ring, win or lose he was calling it a career that night.

Straweight Cavillo pulling off a 3rd round submission on a fight that was seemingly going to get called off earlier that day, saying to the camera "I'm not surprised motherfuckers." Awesome.

Johnson trying to wrestle DC and going down in similar fashion tot he way he went down the last fight. A surprise Johnson retirement for something big that doesn't require getting beat up (movies? he was in warrior). DC going heel on the mic and putting Jones and Manua in their place.

The big story is that once again New York has New Yorked the co-main event where the commission called off the fight after Mousasi threw seemingly illiegal knees (that were deemed legal after replays were shown) in the 2nd round while Weidman was using his 5 minutes allotted to recover... only due to commission rules the referee shouldn't have been able to use replay. It was confusing as it unraveled, and as it happened it was a very intriguing "holy shit" spectacle.

What makes this more dramatic is that Weidman is now on a 3 fight losing skid. On top of that, this is Mousasi's last fight of his contract and he needed this win as leverage to finally get paid.

The joke going forward is that UFC feels more like WWE when they are in New York. LOL
    Last edited by Dose; 04-09-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I kind of felt like this was Rumbles last chance to get a title and once again it slipped through his hands.

Please dear god let Jones stay clean long enough to whip DC

Also UFC needs to drop that 3 man announce team, it just doesn't transelate as well in MMA. They have done it with Cormier and now with Cruz and it's just off. I was watching the prelims and all I hear for the first few minutes is Anik and Cruz, then Rogan starts chiming in. Then they all start stumbling over each other. It's best kept as a two man team. Just have it be Rogan and Anik for PPV.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed on the booth. There's not enough slower time for 2 analysts to do the job they have. Need to keep it to a lead and an analyst.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how much cheaper Anik and Cruz are compared to Goldie that it was worth "fixing" something that wasn't broken.

Anyways, regarding the lack of activity in this place... UFC has kind of been shitting the bed as far as their PPV's are concerned this year (up until this last one) and those are the shows we would usually turn out for. The tv/fight pass events have been at least good, but have been book-ended by weak/disappointing events.

I will say again, though... UFC 210 delivered and those who missed it missed a lot of action, entertainment and drama.

UFC 211 looks to be stacked, I'll wait till after that show to push the panic button as far as we are concerned.

Edit: BTW Demetrious Johnson, Michelle Waterson, Rose Namajunes, Jacare Souza, Jeremy Stephens, Bobby Green, Roy Nelson and Tim Elliot are all fighting this weekend. It is a pretty stacked tv card.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I would agree with the lack of star-power cards.

Which is really on UFC, they've done a terrible job of building stars. They focused too much attention on too few people, too much attention on mega-fights with already established names, and it's crippled development of names that can move up in to position to be a draw.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC 211 does not look stacked at all if you aren't a super UFC or mma fan. That card draw more(hopefully for UFC) in Dallas because its fucking Dallas and not Buffalo than 210 did. Fans like marquee names and there just isn't any of that card. That's what the majority of fans tune into. Stacked for potentially good fights, maybe. I hope to see good fights but not a fan of anyone on this card.

Banner Credit: Spike

Thread Information