Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB April & May Discussion: The Winds Of Change

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLB April & May Discussion: The Winds Of Change

I think if you told someone 10 years ago that the Cubs, Nationals, Blue Jays, Indians and Astros that they would be among the hunted and not the hunters, you would have probably been laughed at but alongside the Dodgers and Red Sox you have these teams among the most revered in their divisions.

Can the Cubs make this more than a 1 time fling and start to throw a term that Cubs fans would have never thought could be muttered? Dynasty.
    Will the Red Sox with a daunting rotation, top notch hitting up and down the lineup get back to the world series?
    With the Blue Jays potentially in their last year of really going for a pennant, can they muster up the hitting to join their promising young pitching?
    Are the Indians simply a flash in the pan or can they put everything together with their biggest bat acquisition in Encarnancion?
    Can Clayton Kershaw and/or Bryce Harper get over their late season hiccups and get to the world series?

For the Yankees, I love seeing Gary Monster batting 2nd and Greg "Travis" Bird batting 3rd and thankfully Aaron Hicks not being the everyday RF and instead allowing Aaron Judge to get consistent bats. The Yanks rotation after Tanaka seems to be crapola given Severino still looks overmatched as a starter and might have to become a late inning reliever............and one can only Jordan Montgomery Burns can win the 5th starter slot.

Ellsbury is Ellsbury and is borderline an instant out so thankfully he isn't leading off anymore and if the Yanks can get a lead, Cash Warren/Clippard/Dealin Delin Betances/Chapman is a good enough top 4 in the pen to sustain a lead.

With GLEYBERMANIA and hopefully Frazier nearing their debuts, the Yanks begin to more and more show their youth. I hope James Kaprelian takes the next step and is by AAA by year's end if he succeeds in High A and eventually AA.

The youth of the Yanks has me excited about my team.........what makes you excited for baseball this year?
    Last edited by Blindy; 04-01-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MLB April Discussion: The Winds Of Change

Well the Royals window closes after this year, so I'm excited about either being in contention or a fire sale of Moustakas, Cain, Escobar, Hosmer, etc.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Showalter sent out Britton for two innings in a tie game against the Blue Jays in game 1 of the season.

Thank goodness he was well-rested from not having to pitch in that elimination game.

vCash
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm here to enjoy what will be McCutchen's final year in a Pirates uniform.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a squash in Dodgers-Padres, so that's fun.

Occasionally Jick

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice there's no fantasy thread so I'll put this in here - feel free to move the post if necessary. Would anyone like to join a keeper league with other PW posters? We are one short and need to draft this week. Let me know! This is the team - five keepers allowed.

Spoiler

Sports Empire Rookie of the Year 2007
    Sports Empire MVP 2008 & 2009

vCash
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gycax View Post
    I notice there's no fantasy thread so I'll put this in here - feel free to move the post if necessary. Would anyone like to join a keeper league with other PW posters? We are one short and need to draft this week. Let me know! This is the team - five keepers allowed.

Spoiler
    Come on. Someone join the league. Those are some great players to choose from for your keepers.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you still need that last body...send me the info.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Yank rotation is going to be hotass, especially if Pinata pitches the way he did last night. Guy has no composure or answer if something doesn't go his way.

I hope Tanaka has a nice enough year to sell high on him and if the Yanks can get anything out of CC, even if it means eating a chunk of his salary he can go too. CC can salvage himself as a backend NL starter I feel.

I hope Montgomery is up soon and Chance Adams is a midseason callup if he does well in the upper level of AAA. James Kapreilian due to his age alone needs to be in AAA by year's end with a shot to maybe make it in 2018. Sheffield maybe later in 2018 if all goes right.

Currently Playing:

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to news coming across ESPN, Derek Jeter has interest in buying the Marlins. It'd be nice if he can, since he'd be an intelligent owner, IMO, and put the right people in place to make it work.

The Marlins biggest problem has always been ownership, as after winning a World Series, they sold off their rosters each time, and then traded off Willis and Cabrera in 2008. It's why I wasn't surprised to see them trade off a bunch of talent to Toronto after giving them big contracts. Some stable ownership to build consistency with fans would be nice for the Marlins.

Probably the saddest part of it all is Jeffery Loria is going to make $1 Billion selling the team. Hopefully he never touches another team in baseball, considering he's killed off the Expos and fucked over Miami for his own gain.

vCash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoot. I wish I knew you guys had a fantasy league going. I've been trying to join a competitive one.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way Britton is pitching this season, he is way overdue for a blown save.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yankees have won 6 in a row without Gary Sanchez and with Greg Bird hitting below .100......the only two really good young guys to do well thus far has been Aaron Judge and Luis Severino. It's been a bad year for the young guys with Kaprielian having awful luck and going under the knife for TJS putting him probably at age 26 since he hasn't pitched in a good 3 years after this surgery takes effect and Enns getting hurt again. Hopefully Chase Adams can get up to AAA and maybe offer insurance for the 2nd half of the year. Jordan Montgomery is the 5th starter thankfully, him and Severino offer intrigue in that rotation.

Guys like Ellsbury(WUT), Chase Headley, Aaron Hicks, Starlin Castro and CC SABATHIA(Under 1.50 ERA after 3 starts, WUT. He's after Ervin Santana after the biggest WTF thus far of the year) have gotten to very strong starts.

Can't wait for Didi Gregorious to return, and make Torreyes a util. player which is where he is best at. Need Tanaka to actually pitch competent too. Chapman, Betances, Warren and Clippard have done rather well outside of 2 duds vs the O's.

Girardi is doing a pretty darn good job thus far admittedly. Yanks going for the sweep on this Easter Sunday against Yadier Molina, Carlos Martinez and the always dangerous St Louis Cardinals.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What have the Blue Jays done to Steve Pearce?

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what is worse the umps blind call on that clear Judge Yank Stadium HR or the fan botching an easy catch for his kids.

Thank god Greg Bird ends his lousy slump with a no doubter. We will need all the runs with Pinata on the mound, especially if he is elevating his meatballs up.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Jays are so, so bad to start the season. If this doesn't change, I'd fire Gibbon's ass.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he just got you guys to the playoffs the last several years. Can that son of a bitch!

vCash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point, Mike. Wild how some people jump to craziness.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Gibbons?

The Jays last hurrah was last year. I said all along if they didn't win the World Series last year that was their last chance for a while, and it looks like I was right. I said this season would be disappointing, that they'd be lucky to even be sniffing a wild card spot come August, and that Josh Donaldson would be gone when his contract was up.

I'm not happy about it but I don't know how so many fans didn't see this coming. I thought it was blatantly obvious. They lost to Cleveland last year and everyone was like "welp, try again next year," and I was like "are you serious?"

Pretty much every team in the AL improved since last year and Toronto did the opposite. This start is something else but it isn't far off from what people should have predicted. The Jays are done once again.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for another round of Manny suspension watch. Today he slid past second base and spiked Dustin Pedroia's knee, and took him out of the game. Now maybe you give Manny the benefit of the doubt because he's the worst baserunner in baseball, but it looked really bad and intentional to me. Not necessarily intentional to injure him, but he intentionally slid past the bag to break up the double play.

Machado is a huge dumbass.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sox got destroyed by Tanaka tonight. Complete game, 3 hit, 0 walk shut out. Chris Sale is cursed to never get any run support.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys think Aaron Judge is deserving of the HR derby this year?

Yanks and O's had a killer game, what a fucking game for the Yanks. This ballpark is so

I'd honestly settle for 50 mill less if I am Machado or Harper to hit in this ballpark 81 times a year. This is stat padding/incentive glory. That being said, The Judge, Star Castro and Machado shots were no cheapies, those are out in plenty of ballparks.

And I have to beg the question....why is Vidal Nuno still pitching in the majors? He is the most softest tossing lefty I have ever seen in this game, he makes 2017 Sabathia look like Kershaw in terms of velocity. How the heck did Baltimore think this guy is worthy of innings eating? I remember when that bum was traded off the Yanks, I was so happy. How he made starts for the Yanks a few years back is beyond me. Better yet, how the Yanks got Brandon McCarthy for this bum is beyond me.
    Last edited by Blindy; 04-28-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Currently Playing:

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heck of a throttling the Nats gave the Mets today. Not as brutal as the one years ago with the Rangers beating Baltimore, but still, Rendon went off.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mets were stupid to let Thor go out there, not sure what Syndergaard is proving by not taking an MRI. Does he not care about a big contract? Then again wasn't he the guy huffing and puffing after head hunting Escobar back in the WS? Seems like a jerk.

But the Mets are also dumb to let Logan Varrett go, kid showed a lot vs the Yanks with his back again the wall vs Castro and Judge. Yanks should have had this one. I've also never seen a pitcher dodge bases loaded so many times than Wade Miley. I think he has been put into 4 bases loaded spots vs the Yanks alone this year only to get out of them each time practically unscathed.

Currently Playing:

Thread Information