Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 65 of 65

Thread: Coliseum stuff

  1. #51
    Moderator Oncall's Avatar
    Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    14,827
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    I don't know if it was aimed at me as well but if it was, I don't appreciate being called a whine-ass when all I was doing was trying to air grievances without being labelled a crazy conspiracy theorist.


    A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork


    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 363

  2. #52
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    I don't know if it was aimed at me as well but if it was, I don't appreciate being called a whine-ass when all I was doing was trying to air grievances without being labelled a crazy conspiracy theorist.
    It goes without saying that everyone on this forum, regardless of opinion, should be allowed to bring things up without being called a whine ass.

  3. #53
    Moderator LS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,418
    vCash
    2658
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    maybe we should get a clear cut explanation from LS, as he does a great job running his game, on how he believes the factors that should decided on who wins the matches, as it seems like we have two schools of thinking here, so as LS is the head of this game he should have the final say on this situation and once he has spoken we all agree with his comment and get on playing the game...does that sound fair?
    I still feel the same way I do when I originally made posts about it - I don't see where the problem is, as everyone who won did promo. Yes, a few people were thrown in the Rumble to fill up spots and they got votes, but they didn't win.

    These events are designed to be laid back. As the disagreement in this thread proves, everyone votes for different reasons - if we start enforcing rules on how voters judge each match, it becomes less laid back. This more laid back approach in recent times was specifically started because a lot of people lost motivation in these events a few years ago. We've made it this far in the Coliseum era with a more laid back approach, let's keep it that way.

    Now let's move onto more important things...like my imminent victory over Ness!

    surrender

  4. #54
    Senior Member Lawrence's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,873
    vCash
    8704
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Whilst I raised an issue earlier, I don't see how enforcing rules on the way people vote will help. It's hard to even see if everyone has even promoed (a way forward could be to do what @Mad Dog Smith did with the MMA event and have individual promo threads for each match), and I certainly don't wanna scroll through pages and pages just to see if X has promoed and if Y hasn't, then vote based on that. I think the Royal Rumble event is very different from the others since LS has to fill 30 spots (a way forward could be just to reduce it to 20), where as other events are smaller and more specific to each person- e.g if 30 guys post a promo about the Rumble they're all gonna be more or less the same, where as people participate more in singles matches/ other variations.
    I said in one of my promos recently that names mean a lot more around here than the quality of your promo- that's the way at the end of the day and I can't see it changing unless you cut a hell of a promo or have a good story going for your character.

  5. #55
    Moderator UT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,140
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    That's for other events like king of the forum or tag team threads etc., this is strictly an efed. I consider my President Blindy character much more different than how I post.

    I don't think my Jets rants have anything to do with this character for example.
    This is not strictly an efed , just because YOU may play it as such doesn't mean we all do. I certainly don't and never got the impression it really was , and in case you haven't noticed we haven't ran the KOTF or TTKOTF in a long ass time now so to me these events have always blended that together because a lot of these events happen in lieu of the KOTF type events.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    I don't know if it was aimed at me as well but if it was, I don't appreciate being called a whine-ass when all I was doing was trying to air grievances without being labelled a crazy conspiracy theorist.
    It wasn't aimed at you at all , I don't think we've really interacted directly at all on this issue.

    It goes without saying that everyone on this forum, regardless of opinion, should be allowed to bring things up without being called a whine ass.
    It goes without saying that if you are going to harp on an apparent issue without offering a semi valuable solution to it , and then just ignore the obvious flaws in the half hearted solution you did come up with that you're more interested in being a whine ass than actually fixing the supposed problem (which I still don't think there is) than you become a whine ass.

    At the end of the day , people are going to vote how they want to vote and the minute you try to control how they vote or just take away their vote all together is the day people stop enjoying it.


    If I offended anyone , or everyone than so be it - it was never my intention when I started discussing this for it to devolve but it happened.

  6. #56
    Moderator Oncall's Avatar
    Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    14,827
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    @UT

    I thought I might've been grouped in since i'm in agreement with Mad Dog and Chaos. However through a (finally) civil few posts with Aaron and also Ness seemingly grasping why this bothered me so much for so long means i'm a lot less perturbed since I finally feel acknowledged.


    A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork


    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 363

  7. #57
    Given A 2nd Chance Blindy's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Age
    27
    Posts
    37,175
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    This is not strictly an efed , just because YOU may play it as such doesn't mean we all do. I certainly don't and never got the impression it really was , and in case you haven't noticed we haven't ran the KOTF or TTKOTF in a long ass time now so to me these events have always blended that together because a lot of these events happen in lieu of the KOTF type events.
    Well I could write Shakesphere esque poems on PW but you'd never vote for me.

    It's all good though. I just think at a time where this forum is so down right now in traffic that events like this are awesome and I like seeing stuff like happen. I get why the people who spend a lot of time and dedication on this want to see themselves get rewarded so I do get where the group is coming from. I really don't care if I win or lose, it's just a matter of having fun at the end of the day and it's healthy conversation to see people legit care of the direction of these events.

    Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

  8. #58
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Well I could write Shakesphere esque poems on PW but you'd never vote for me.

    It's all good though. I just think at a time where this forum is so down right now in traffic that events like this are awesome and I like seeing stuff like happen. I get why the people who spend a lot of time and dedication on this want to see themselves get rewarded so I do get where the group is coming from. I really don't care if I win or lose, it's just a matter of having fun at the end of the day and it's healthy conversation to see people legit care of the direction of these events.
    I agree with you on the first part.

    And I also agree with you on the second.

    Small thing, though. It's not really about wanting to see ourselves rewarded. Although in different cases that might be the case. But I won my match. It's more of a legitimacy of the competition thing.

  9. #59
    Moderator UT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,140
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Well I could write Shakesphere esque poems on PW but you'd never vote for me.

    It's all good though. I just think at a time where this forum is so down right now in traffic that events like this are awesome and I like seeing stuff like happen. I get why the people who spend a lot of time and dedication on this want to see themselves get rewarded so I do get where the group is coming from. I really don't care if I win or lose, it's just a matter of having fun at the end of the day and it's healthy conversation to see people legit care of the direction of these events.
    I've voted for you a number of times in the past.

    And I know the forum participation is down compared to what it used to be , but here's an idea (and this obviously doesn't apply to you) instead of complaining about it being a popularity contest or whatever and the fact that other area's of the board affect the voting - how about contributing more across the boards. As I've said already , this is PW.com discussion forums - not PW.COM eFed - discuss things.

  10. #60
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    520
    vCash
    1430
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    looking forward to mixing with Blindy if I get though the first 2 rounds

  11. #61
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    520
    vCash
    1430
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    I've voted for you a number of times in the past.

    And I know the forum participation is down compared to what it used to be , but here's an idea (and this obviously doesn't apply to you) instead of complaining about it being a popularity contest or whatever and the fact that other area's of the board affect the voting - how about contributing more across the boards. As I've said already , this is PW.com discussion forums - not PW.COM eFed - discuss things.
    I dont think anyone has said that the whole board is like an efed, I just think some of the guys in PW would like to play a character, in this small part of the fourm. Now I guess you know about PW history draft where the competitors vote for the best card so why cant people vote for the best promo, I guess the competitor in the history draft would be slightly annoyed if someone votes against them for a reason that isn't related to the created cards, considering the thought and consideration the guys put into creating a card

  12. #62
    Moderator UT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,140
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    I dont think anyone has said that the whole board is like an efed, I just think some of the guys in PW would like to play a character, in this small part of the fourm. Now I guess you know about PW history draft where the competitors vote for the best card so why cant people vote for the best promo, I guess the competitor in the history draft would be slightly annoyed if someone votes against them for a reason that isn't related to the created cards, considering the thought and consideration the guys put into creating a card
    Is that why you tried to make some kind of stupid fucking point of voting against me in the history draft? Newsflash: I'm not a whine ass ergo I really don't care but please keep trying to get your ignorant , uninformed point across two days after the discussion was well over and LS already reiterated his original point. The two voting processes are apples and oranges as are the two contests and Newsflash #2: all 16 competitors that take part in that whole game are respected members of the board who don't bitch and complain when they lose and try to change the rules to the game.

  13. #63
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    520
    vCash
    1430
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    Is that why you tried to make some kind of stupid fucking point of voting against me in the history draft? Newsflash: I'm not a whine ass ergo I really don't care but please keep trying to get your ignorant , uninformed point across two days after the discussion was well over and LS already reiterated his original point. The two voting processes are apples and oranges as are the two contests and Newsflash #2: all 16 competitors that take part in that whole game are respected members of the board who don't bitch and complain when they lose and try to change the rules to the game.
    In fact I preferred Icon card compared with your even though your was a good card, but the way you reacted sums up how some of the people feel here when it comes to voting, you thought I voted because of other matter instead of the card, its the same way that other people vote for other reason that is not related to the promo work. The voting system is not apple and oranges it the just apples, you want people to vote for the best card and we want people to vote for the best promo, apple and apples.

    concerning your newsflash we all respect the game at the coliseum otherwise we wouldn't post here, I just think everyone wants a even playing field, I'm not worried about losing because that part of the game, but we only question when people are voting for other reason other than the promos just like you got heated when you thought someone voted against you for something other that what was the best card. One other point I was trying to find the rules if you could post a link to them it would be very helpful

  14. #64
    Given A 2nd Chance Blindy's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Age
    27
    Posts
    37,175
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coliseum stuff

    Probably better to split this into 2 threads rather than to lose the PW WM main thread. One can be for the PW WM thread and the other can be the debate on how to better this process.

    Hate to see LS's hard work get sucked out.

    EDIT: Oh I do see there is a thread there, nvm.

    Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

  15. #65
    Moderator LS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,418
    vCash
    2658
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    In fact I preferred Icon card compared with your even though your was a good card, but the way you reacted sums up how some of the people feel here when it comes to voting, you thought I voted because of other matter instead of the card, its the same way that other people vote for other reason that is not related to the promo work. The voting system is not apple and oranges it the just apples, you want people to vote for the best card and we want people to vote for the best promo, apple and apples.

    concerning your newsflash we all respect the game at the coliseum otherwise we wouldn't post here, I just think everyone wants a even playing field, I'm not worried about losing because that part of the game, but we only question when people are voting for other reason other than the promos just like you got heated when you thought someone voted against you for something other that what was the best card. One other point I was trying to find the rules if you could post a link to them it would be very helpful
    @UT doesn't care about you voting against him, his reaction was about it being unnecessary to bring up the History draft. The discussion here was over with, you had the last post in this thread and then made a second post 13 hours later, bringing up the History draft as a way to revive this argument.

    I already said we're not going to police voting standards, it's basically impossible and counterproductive to what the Coliseum is about. This isn't a serious competition, and the wins and losses have always been the least important part of it. It's about having fun promoing/bantering and keeping some stories going from event to event. The voters wanted to see Dazz win the Rumble, that's the end of it. A few posters who were inactive this time around advancing a few rounds is harmless and not worth this fuss - again, they did *not win*.

    You will find the Coliseum enjoyable if you like writing promos and bantering with your fellow posters. If you worry about the wins and losses, this becomes something totally different than it's supposed to be.

    surrender

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •