Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65

Thread: Coliseum stuff

  1. #26
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,503
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    I wanna make a special point of saying that nobody blames posters who got by without any effort.

    It's more of a flaw in the system that my self and others have a problem with.

    Another preface I wanna add is that LS does a great job organizing this. I simply wanna bring this conversation to the forefront. Definitely don't mean any disrespect to her or the competition.

    Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Everyone who won promoed though - that's the point I keep trying to make.
    It's not really that people didn't win who should have.

    It's more that people got elimated in the rumble and tag match. They lost to people who didn't participate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    I think the point i was trying to make that certain people qualified in the Rumble rounds even though they didn't promo, while other guys did promo and got knocked out by those people
    Like right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    That happened to me in round IV of the Rumble.
    And here.

  2. #27
    Moderator LS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,459
    vCash
    2658
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Lawrence made it through multiple rounds of the Rumble...doesn't really prove your point honestly!

  3. #28
    Moderator UT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    23,647
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    So we are supposed to give participation medals now or something? Do you guys have any actual suggestions to make it better?

    Or are we just supposed to vote for the person who had more time to promo , even if the content was hot garbage?

  4. #29
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    595
    vCash
    1430
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    So we are supposed to give participation medals now or something? Do you guys have any actual suggestions to make it better?

    Or are we just supposed to vote for the person who had more time to promo , even if the content was hot garbage?
    at least vote for someone who actually did a promo instead of not doing a promo might be a start

  5. #30
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,503
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    So we are supposed to give participation medals now or something? Do you guys have any actual suggestions to make it better?

    Or are we just supposed to vote for the person who had more time to promo , even if the content was hot garbage?
    I mentioned a mandatory minimum amount of posts to qualify for a win. I think that's really all that can be done. Would go a long way though.

  6. #31
    Man with a Plan Ness's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,145
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    I dunno guys... putting rules on fun seems to have the opposite effect.

  7. #32
    Senior Member Lawrence's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,925
    vCash
    8704
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Lawrence made it through multiple rounds of the Rumble...doesn't really prove your point honestly!
    That's true, and in the early rounds people like SM, Ness, Mad Dog, Jake and Jason had all cut promos- then round 4 I was eliminated by people who had no participation at all.

    I'll admit I was probably the most surprised about how far I got in the Rumble than anyone else. I've been participating in this long enough now to know that having a name around here normally wins you things, however I participated throughout the Rumble- whether it was good content or hot garbage, which made me think that's why I was doing so well. To then get eliminated by people who did nothing sure sucked and was a shit way to go out.

  8. #33
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,503
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    I can see why someone would think putting rules on fun has the opposite effect. But in reality, it's probably the exact opposite, where a level playing field with clear cut objectives are the whole point.

    When your'e a kid playing touch football (we've all done this.) you think it's fun to pick up the ball and run to the endzone when play is dead.

    But when you actually do it, people are just mildly annoyed and it's kind of shallow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    That's true, and in the early rounds people like SM, Ness, Mad Dog, Jake and Jason had all cut promos- then round 4 I was eliminated by people who had no participation at all.

    I'll admit I was probably the most surprised about how far I got in the Rumble than anyone else. I've been participating in this long enough now to know that having a name around here normally wins you things, however I participated throughout the Rumble- whether it was good content or hot garbage, which made me think that's why I was doing so well. To then get eliminated by people who did nothing sure sucked and was a shit way to go out.
    And that's what it is here. Yeah sure, our winners were often people who participated, but our losers were often people who participated and got eliminated by people who didn't.

  9. #34
    Moderator UT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    23,647
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    So people should just get rewarded for showing up? Again that takes some of the fun out of this and putting an arbitrary number on the amount of promo's one has to do is stupid and I guarantee will just discourage people from voting all together.

    I sure as fuck ain't going to vote for someone who's promo's I didn't enjoy because of some stupid rule that says I have to if I'd rather vote for the person I enjoy posting with over the course of a year.

  10. #35
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    595
    vCash
    1430
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    So people should just get rewarded for showing up? Again that takes some of the fun out of this and putting an arbitrary number on the amount of promo's one has to do is stupid and I guarantee will just discourage people from voting all together.

    I sure as fuck ain't going to vote for someone who's promo's I didn't enjoy because of some stupid rule that says I have to if I'd rather vote for the person I enjoy posting with over the course of a year.
    If you dont like a promo just dont vote for the guy, but its doesn't mean you have to vote for someone that has done something in the past but nothing on the current card.

  11. #36
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,503
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    So people should just get rewarded for showing up? Again that takes some of the fun out of this and putting an arbitrary number on the amount of promo's one has to do is stupid and I guarantee will just discourage people from voting all together.

    I sure as fuck ain't going to vote for someone who's promo's I didn't enjoy because of some stupid rule that says I have to if I'd rather vote for the person I enjoy posting with over the course of a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    If you dont like a promo just dont vote for the guy, but its doesn't mean you have to vote for someone that has done something in the past but nothing on the current card.
    Im more for eligibility requirements ..

    I think the last thing you wanna get into is who somebody should vote for. Even a "null vote" would be fine.

    It's more about people not participating and still winning. That's the problem. We have to focus on that.


    I mean think about it. They won't mind. If theyminded they would participate.

  12. #37
    Man with a Plan Ness's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,145
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    All the matches that get made are created due to ongoing storylines or stuff that LS probably makes up based on past events using people that have participated in prior events. Just because he puts them there does not mean they're gonna participate. Some people probably just signed up because it was open to that. Some names were added just to fill 30. We aren't exactly super busy with activity, so it's expected. Outside of the Rumble matches are held between 10-12 people that are involved in all previous events so people not showing up isn't really a thing.

    Instead of doing what you guys are doing I say put your energy into doing actual promos. Make it a storyline or have it define your character's narrative. Focus on that in a promo. I've done that a lot. Hell TME lost like 2-3x to a guy who never showed up and it became a storyline where he had one last shot at him. He may not have even known he was a part of the show. Guys that no show aren't usually ones that walk away with every match, that's absurd. Hell they once stripped a handsome gentlemen of his titles because he wasn't part of the event.

    I don't like the idea of adding rules and requirements. I get why it'd frustrate some people, but it's the nature of the beast. But ya know what? I'm gonna go write a promo. So you'd better vote for me when the time comes!

  13. #38
    Given A 2nd Chance Blindy's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Age
    27
    Posts
    37,367
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    So people should just get rewarded for showing up? Again that takes some of the fun out of this and putting an arbitrary number on the amount of promo's one has to do is stupid and I guarantee will just discourage people from voting all together.

    I sure as fuck ain't going to vote for someone who's promo's I didn't enjoy because of some stupid rule that says I have to if I'd rather vote for the person I enjoy posting with over the course of a year.
    Certainly much better than taking into account someone's posts you like or dislike on the forum as to the reason why your voting or not voting for someone.

    To all......Peeps have fun with this, regardless if you win or lose. I could care less if I ever become PW World Champion, it's just a matter of having fun with it. The minute I lose fun with this, than I will simply stop.
    Last edited by Blindy; 03-21-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

  14. #39
    Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (Georgia)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    22,438
    vCash
    3106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Hell TME lost like 2-3x to a guy who never showed up and it became a storyline where he had one last shot at him. He may not have even known he was a part of the show. Guys that no show aren't usually ones that walk away with every match, that's absurd.
    Thanks for reminding me.....

    THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE


    I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

  15. #40
    Moderator UT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    23,647
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Certainly much better than taking into account someone's posts you like or dislike on the forum as to the reason why your voting or not voting for someone.

    To all......Peeps have fun with this, regardless if you win or lose. I could care less if I ever become PW World Champion, it's just a matter of having fun with it. The minute I lose fun with this, than I will simply stop.
    How is it better in the slightest? Why shouldn't overall board contributions matter? That's why many of the contests on PW used to be about and it did incentivize people to be better contributors around the entire board.

  16. #41
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    595
    vCash
    1430
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    How is it better in the slightest? Why shouldn't overall board contributions matter? That's why many of the contests on PW used to be about and it did incentivize people to be better contributors around the entire board.
    I dont get this in the slightest, I think that PW should be separate in the terms of voting, you should be voting on the promos on the card not on what the person posted about the life of mick foley for example. IT should be a level playing field and not biased to the people who have been here the longest, cause this could put off anyone new from entering. IT should be in the rules that you can only win here if you have a good reputation on the boards no matter what you put as a promo, because they dont really count for anything, is that really what you are saying should happen here?

    You have some really good promo writers here and I'm enjoying reading and listening to them, I dont know about the reputation of the guys, or if they are great poster, but I judge but what they put on the promo boards, how is that so wrong to understand

  17. #42
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,503
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    I dont get this in the slightest, I think that PW should be separate in the terms of voting, you should be voting on the promos on the card not on what the person posted about the life of mick foley for example. IT should be a level playing field and not biased to the people who have been here the longest, cause this could put off anyone new from entering. IT should be in the rules that you can only win here if you have a good reputation on the boards no matter what you put as a promo, because they dont really count for anything, is that really what you are saying should happen here?

    You have some really good promo writers here and I'm enjoying reading and listening to them, I dont know about the reputation of the guys, or if they are great poster, but I judge but what they put on the promo boards, how is that so wrong to understand
    Yeah, same here. I'm all for the competition being on to itself.

    I would hate to think somebody won or lost because they thought it was awesome that Joey Ryan Suplexs people with this dick.

  18. #43
    Ultimate Despair Aaron's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,544
    vCash
    1643
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion


  19. #44
    Moderator UT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    23,647
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    I dont get this in the slightest, I think that PW should be separate in the terms of voting, you should be voting on the promos on the card not on what the person posted about the life of mick foley for example. IT should be a level playing field and not biased to the people who have been here the longest, cause this could put off anyone new from entering. IT should be in the rules that you can only win here if you have a good reputation on the boards no matter what you put as a promo, because they dont really count for anything, is that really what you are saying should happen here?

    You have some really good promo writers here and I'm enjoying reading and listening to them, I dont know about the reputation of the guys, or if they are great poster, but I judge but what they put on the promo boards, how is that so wrong to understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    Yeah, same here. I'm all for the competition being on to itself.

    I would hate to think somebody won or lost because they thought it was awesome that Joey Ryan Suplexs people with this dick.
    This isn't a fucking efed , I'm sorry but it's just not and it never should be just in itself. It's a subsection of PW DISCUSSION FORUMS where most of the activity lies or should lie within the actual discussion and this subsection should be used for what it was intended for , an aside from everything else where we cut loose and have a little fun at the expense of our fellow posters if we see fit. LS does a great job at making it just that and by intertwining the storylines and making it fun and when people bitch about the outcomes of a fun event that they didn't win it's fucking annoying and sidetracks everything these events are supposed to be about.

    I could really go on forever but I feel that it's best if I just stop because the logic here is fucking ridiculous.



    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    There would be like 5 people left to vote at all if your going to tell people who they can and cannot vote for based on an arbitrary number of promos , made up because two whine asses wrote promo's and didn't win.

  20. #45
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,503
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    This isn't a fucking efed , I'm sorry but it's just not and it never should be just in itself. It's a subsection of PW DISCUSSION FORUMS where most of the activity lies or should lie within the actual discussion and this subsection should be used for what it was intended for , an aside from everything else where we cut loose and have a little fun at the expense of our fellow posters if we see fit. LS does a great job at making it just that and by intertwining the storylines and making it fun and when people bitch about the outcomes of a fun event that they didn't win it's fucking annoying and sidetracks everything these events are supposed to be about.

    I could really go on forever but I feel that it's best if I just stop because the logic here is fucking ridiculous.





    There would be like 5 people left to vote at all if your going to tell people who they can and cannot vote for based on an arbitrary number of promos , made up because two whine asses wrote promo's and didn't win.
    With respect UT, I feel like I've conducted myself politely here.

    I respect this game and what LS has done to keep it going.

    Myself and others have politely brought up our argument, complete with statistics. I feel like PW is the kind of envirorment where we can do that.

    Now, I am sorry if that annoys you but it's not my responsibility to not annoy you. This is a general discussion thread. You certainly don't have to read every post if you don't like to. But when I decide to post something, regarding how it will effect you, I will only take these points into consideration ...

    1. I will not in any way disrespect you.
    2. I will be very polite.

    That's all that should be expected of me, I think. I apologize if you don't agree.

  21. #46
    Moderator UT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    23,647
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    With respect UT, I feel like I've conducted myself politely here.

    I respect this game and what LS has done to keep it going.

    Myself and others have politely brought up our argument, complete with statistics. I feel like PW is the kind of envirorment where we can do that.

    Now, I am sorry if that annoys you but it's not my responsibility to not annoy you. This is a general discussion thread. You certainly don't have to read every post if you don't like to. But when I decide to post something, regarding how it will effect you, I will only take these points into consideration ...

    1. I will not in any way disrespect you.
    2. I will be very polite.

    That's all that should be expected of me, I think. I apologize if you don't agree.
    Those statistics hold about as much reverence with me as the weather report for a week from Friday , I'm sorry and I'm not even disagreeing with the idea that people who promo more win more - I just don't care who promo's more and think the idea you set forth is illogical and will kill any fun these events bring. And it's annoying because I don't even think you addressed that and that makes me assume you'd be more than happy with this just being a 7 person circle jerk where you can "win" more.

  22. #47
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    595
    vCash
    1430
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    maybe we should get a clear cut explanation from LS, as he does a great job running his game, on how he believes the factors that should decided on who wins the matches, as it seems like we have two schools of thinking here, so as LS is the head of this game he should have the final say on this situation and once he has spoken we all agree with his comment and get on playing the game...does that sound fair?

  23. #48
    Given A 2nd Chance Blindy's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Age
    27
    Posts
    37,367
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    How is it better in the slightest? Why shouldn't overall board contributions matter? That's why many of the contests on PW used to be about and it did incentivize people to be better contributors around the entire board.
    That's for other events like king of the forum or tag team threads etc., this is strictly an efed. I consider my President Blindy character much more different than how I post.

    I don't think my Jets rants have anything to do with this character for example.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

  24. #49
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    595
    vCash
    1430
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    That's for other events like king of the forum or tag team threads etc., this is strictly an efed. I consider my President Blindy character much more different than how I post.

    I don't think my Jets rants have anything to do with this character for example.
    I feel the same way, I feel like This version of Chaos Kid is totally different to the the real person when i post on the rest of the forum, I'm more of an asshole and ego maniac when in real life im the opposite, I feel like it a chance to play a character here

  25. #50
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,503
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    That's for other events like king of the forum or tag team threads etc., this is strictly an efed. I consider my President Blindy character much more different than how I post.

    I don't think my Jets rants have anything to do with this character for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    I feel the same way, I feel like This version of Chaos Kid is totally different to the the real person when i post on the rest of the forum, I'm more of an asshole and ego maniac when in real life im the opposite, I feel like it a chance to play a character here
    I agree. And that's an interesting Idea Chaos had. It's why it's good to talk about this stuff.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •