Thread: Jim Cornette to induct The Rock & Roll Express into the Hall of Fame

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jim Cornette to induct The Rock & Roll Express into the Hall of Fame

I think this deserves more attention than a single post on a piggy-backed page.

We haven't seen Cornette in a WWE event since WrestleMania X-Seven, 16 years ago. Cornette has been a harsh judge of WWE's booking over the years. So much so, that I thought the bridge between the two were nothing more than ashes.

Then I hear about today. And it makes me excited to see him back in a WWE event, and to hear what he's gonna say on that night. And it makes me wonder now, if Cornette will possibly get a Hall spot in the future.

What are your thoughts?

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Jim Cornette to induct The Rock & Roll Express into the Hall of Fame

I can see Cornette going into the HOF w/ this happening. Maybe within 2 yrs.
    First set of inductees for Titans: Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Undertaker

vCash
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Jim Cornette to induct The Rock & Roll Express into the Hall of Fame

Very surprised by this turn of events. Never thought Cornette would be back in WWE. Something tells me Cornette hobnobbing with all his enemies (and if you're a human being there is a very good chance you're a Cornette enemy) during Wrestlemania weekend will provide fuel for years worth of shoot interviews.

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure this will set up his induction next year with the Midnight Express. I'm not expecting much though from his speech, he'll mind his p's and q's. It is Ricky and Robert's moment anyway.

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what HHH and Vince been saying the last few years, I do not think anyone burned their bridges entirely. If you can make WWE money, and agree to play nice while there, they seem open to having you.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty cool that both sides are willing to do this. Cornette is the best option for the induction ceremony and it's good of the WWE to let him do it.

Despite all Cornette has said about the company, he's still a guy that wants to get paid and loves wrestling more than anything else. They'd never trust him with anything more than this, I don't think, and I'm sure Cornette knows that. He'll do a good job in honour of his friends.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Icon View Post
    I'm not expecting much though from his speech, he'll mind his p's and q's. It is Ricky and Robert's moment anyway.
    This. Cornette won't ruin Robby and Ricky's moment.

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhere Kevin Dunn is having a meltdown right about now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right guy given he was their key manager and I think Cornette would swallow up his pride for a legends contract(If that's offered up to presenters) for the Rock N Roll Express.

I hope this might be a sign of Cornette getting put in in the very near future, he does deserve it despite all that he has said(And he's made plenty of enemies in the company)

On his shit list alone in the WWE:

Vince McMahon
    Triple H
    Stephanie
    Shawn Michaels
    Kevin Dunn
    Johnny Ace(If he has any kind of power backstage)
    Kevin Owens
    Brock Lesnar
    Sami Zayn
    The Miz

Cornette will blow Styles, Cena, Ziggler, Bryan, Cesaro, Samoa Joe, Rollins assholes that weekend though. Roode too if he's around. He'll fangirl for The Revival and probably get in front of little kids for their autographs if around.
    Last edited by Blindy; 03-20-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukezilla View Post
    And crying in a corner.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Icon View Post
    I'm sure this will set up his induction next year with the Midnight Express. I'm not expecting much though from his speech, he'll mind his p's and q's. It is Ricky and Robert's moment anyway.
    Pretty much this. The wrestler's choose who inducts them, so Jim's not gonna be a huge ass about anything. I thought fans knew by now that wrestlers choose their inductor.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Pretty much this. The wrestler's choose who inducts them, so Jim's not gonna be a huge ass about anything. I thought fans knew by now that wrestlers choose their inductor.
    Angle wanted Austin. He's getting Cena. And I can guarantee you Savage wouldn't have chosen Hogan, yet that happened anyway because he wasn't around to say no.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    Angle wanted Austin. He's getting Cena. And I can guarantee you Savage wouldn't have chosen Hogan, yet that happened anyway because he wasn't around to say no.
    Not sure why they wouldn't let Austin induct Angle, unless Austin declined to do it. And yes, Savage wouldn't have chosen Hogan, but Savage was dead, so it's kinda hard to choose from postmortem, unless one actually believes Ouija boards really work.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angle picked 3 people he wanted. Cena was one of those names. Clearly Austin was the first choice but it's not like Angle is getting someone he didn't want to induct him.

As for Cornette should be very interesting.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukezilla View Post
    That bucky beaver motherfucker!

Cornette spoke recently on his podcast about the Rock & Rolls going in, and indicated that he wasn't expecting an invitation and probably wouldn't accept one if he got one, so Im pleasantly surprised by this news. It seems like Triple H is like the magical whisperer in these situations, mending fences and talking guys around to being involved with WWE again. Did it with Bruno, Warrior and now Cornette.

Very much looking forward to seeing what Cornette says. Obviously he won't make it all about him (he respects the business as well as Ricky and Robert too much for that), but it should be fun nonetheless. Hopefully it paves the way for his induction as well, when he can really give it both barrels on the mic!

Honestly, I'm more excited for the HOF ceremony than the WrestleMania card this year!

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a fan of WWE HoF because there is no transparency in criteria to qualify, procedures or process for selection. However, as Cornette stated, by any means or measure R&R E qualify for inclusion in any legitimate HoF. There is not better person to induct them as their all time nemesis Cornette. WWE excelled & elevated the credibility of their HoF by both choices. Let's hope we can see Midnight Express, Bulldogs, Heart Foundation & Demolition inducted sooner than later.

On a side note, I thought there was zero chance of this happening. Just goes to show you, never say never in pro wresting is a real thing.

Thread Information