View Poll Results: Pick one card to see!

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • SM?

5 26.32%
  • UT

14 73.68%

Thread: PW History Draft - Round One - SM vs UT

vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PW History Draft - Round One - SM vs UT

SM?'s Card -

Wrestle Supercard 2K17

World Title Match
    Kenny Omega vs. Sami Zayn

Matt Riddle vs. Michael Elgin

Junior Heavyweight Title Match
    Kushida (c) vs. Fenix

No DQ Match
    Pete Dunne vs. Brian Cage

IC Title Match
    Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Jeff Cobb

2/3 Falls Match
    Marty Scurll vs. Dalton Castle

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Junior Heavyweight Title #1 Cont. Elimination Match
    ACH vs. Trent? vs. Bushi vs. Lio Rush

vs

UT'S Card

Quote Originally Posted by UT

UntouchaMania I

The True Paul Heyman Guy
    Special Guest Referee: Paul Heyman

Brock Lesnar vs Taz

What happens when Paul Heymans past meets Paul Heymans present when these two monsters of completely different stature meet each other in the middle of the ring? I can assure you that Brock takes exception to the moniker of the Human Suplex Machine and I can assure you nothing but carnage when The Beast Incarnate meets The Human Suplex Machine only at Untouchamania I~!

The Samoan Bulldozer vs The Mastadon
    Singles Match

Umaga vs Vader

Two of the most athletic big men the world of wrestling has ever seen plan to meet smack dab in the middle of the ring , what will happen when these two 350+ behemoth's hit each other head on? Destruction and carnage and it's only available to see by coming to Untouchamania I~!

Flyin' High
    Singles Match

"Flyin" Brian Pillman vs Hayabusa

Two of the greatest in ring performers and high fliers of the nineties clash in what is sure to be a chance of pace to much of this card in what is also a case of the most untapped potential of any wrestlers in history. This match will bring the high flying , it will bring the pace and bring more workrate than one can handle and will go down as one of the greatest in Untouchamania History!

The Colossal Collision
    Singles Match

Andre the Giant vs Braun Strowman

There are very few men who walk this planet than can step into the ring with either of these man and walk out the same , so one has to ask themselves , who the hell would walk out when these two step into the ring to face EACHOTHER! They also are two of the most athletic giants the business has scene and action is sure to be devastating and surely neither man will be the same after the bell rings.

The Modern Day Warrior vs The Modern Day Movie Star
    Singles Match

Kerry Von Erich vs Batista

So many of these matches are based on size and physique , but this one is is deeply personal. On one side you have Kerry Von Erich , a Texas good old boy with southern values and a deep respect for the business. On the other side you have Batista , man more interested in the fame and money associated with the wrestling business than anything else. Texas meets Hollywood when these two chiseled veterans meet in the ring at Untouchamania!

What does everybody want? Tables Ladders and Chairs!
    Triple Threat Tag team TLC match

Londrick vs HeadGore (Snow and Rhyno) vs Rhodes Scholars

You have the team of young high fliers who are ready to prove that can handle anything , you have a team of ECW originals who will feel right at home in the carnage that accompnies TLC matches and you have a team in the Rhodes Scholars who believe they are truly above this all. Three completely different teams , one goal , to retrieve the gold that sits atop of the ladder.

Who's really The All American , American?
    Singles Match

Nick Bockwinkel vs Jack Swagger (with the Soaring Eagle played by Colt Cabana)

Nick Bockwinkel is a old school cool as old school cool gets and some would say that Jack Swagger is a throwback to the generations of the past , which Bockwinkel clearly takes exception too. How can one call himself a Real American when he has a goofy eagle running by his side? It's time to teach Jack a lesson and Bockwinkel is just the man for the job.

vCash
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PW History Draft - Round One - SM vs UT

Untouchable brings it in drafts. Probably my favorite card yet. Brock/Taz, Umaga/Vader, Pillman/Hayabusa, KVE/Batista....even Bock/Swagger are all intriguing.

I'm relatively unfamiliar with so many of SM's draftees. Reading through some of these cards makes me understand what normal people feel like when they see my usual stuff cluttered up with the likes of Ludvig Borga and Lana Star. O'Reilly/Sabre is the most intriguing of his matches.

Gotta go with UT here.

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cohesion of card, actually incorporating the history of wrestling, and matches that scream take my money. @UT gets my vote with no hesitation.

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love SM?'s roster, but I am not a huge fan of the card. In my mind Elgin vs Cobb and Riddle vs Shibata would have been the way to go. I don't buy Sammi as a main eventer outside of the indies/NXT either, although him vs Omega would be off the charts. The card is decent for sure, butvit just doesn't resonate as highly with me as it probably should.

UT's card doesn't blow me away either if I'm honest other than the sweet main event of Taz vs Brock, but the TLC and Umaga vs Vader are intruiging. Pillman92 would be a good match up for 'busa as well thinking about it.

This is a hard choice, but I'll go with UT because of that SME and the bells and whistles effort made towards presentation.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two very different styles of wrestling show on display. SM has gone for a super indy show, essentially a souped up version of the recent RevPro/NJPW shows. Untouchable has gone for the superstar sports entertainment show. Both did an excellent job in this respect, but if I had to pay to watch one of these shows, it would definitely be Untouchable's. Not that there's anything particularly bad about SM's show, I just get the vibe of a lack of variety and I would be burnt out halfway through the show because of all the workratey matches. It would be the kinda show I'd watch piece by piece over a few days. On the other hand, UT's card has so much variety and spectacle that I can't see myself not enjoying it from start to finish.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll need a reminder to come back and cast my vote in the actual poll when I'm not on my phone (since the dumb mobile skin is so limited), but this is an easy vote for @UT for me. Whereas SM's card elicits a "huh/who?" from me, UT's card has a handful of can't-miss attractions.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another vote for UT, i'm sure SM's card is quite good but I know almost no-one on it so it does nothing for me.

Lesnar and Taz is a match i'd never have thought of but seeing in front of me, how could you not think of it.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SM pulled off the super indy card of 2017. I literally have heard of 3 guys and that's being honest. I cant vote for that. That world title match might sell out my high school arena.

I might buy a ticket to UT's card if it was close by. UT by a mile.

Banner Credit: Spike

vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate @SM? and I hate the random generator for pairing me with him , because being that I won now I have to choose from a roster full of people whom I don't like or don't know. Except for one -

Rusev , who SM inexplicably didn't use is going to be my first choice.

Sami Zayn is going to be my second one. Out of necessity.

vCash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    I hate @SM? and I hate the random generator for pairing me with him , because being that I won now I have to choose from a roster full of people whom I don't like or don't know. Except for one -

Rusev , who SM inexplicably didn't use is going to be my first choice.

Sami Zayn is going to be my second one. Out of necessity.
    Fuck. I completely forgot to use Rusev.

I actually left off 1 whole match when I was reordering my card right before I sent it in.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SM? View Post
    Fuck. I completely forgot to use Rusev.

I actually left off 1 whole match when I was reordering my card right before I sent it in.
    I was looking at your matches and was like FUCK who else am I going to choose beside Sami , so thankfully I decided to go back and look at your actual roster and seen Rusev sitting there and decided I could work with that.

Thread Information