View Poll Results: What ballot size do you want?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll

4 26.67%

2 13.33%

0 0%

9 60.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ECW Greatest Wrestler: A Countdown

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ECW Greatest Wrestler: A Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
    I got a Top 39 right. The WWE list isn't a bad start, although I think they're missing Pitbulls, 2 Cold Scorpio, for sure. Ron Simmons, Rey Mysterio, Badd Company should be up for consideration. Of the more famous "cameos" like Austin and Pillman, Jericho should strongly be considered too. The Arena really got behind him during his short stay, and he did that with very little name recognition. Bad Breed and Hack Meyers are dark horse candidates, although Top 25 might be a stretch. Bad Breed really brought the ultraviolent element to ECW in 1995, and Balls Mahoney probably doesn't exist without the combination of them (certainly Axl) and The Shah. Somebody like Tommy Cairo is also an important cog in early ECW that might be overlooked. In some ways, he helped make Sandman and Tommy Dreamer while Raven was still Johnny F'n Polo.

I think New Jack will be a two timer on my list. The Gangstas were mega mega over, and solo Jack was probably even moreso. It would be hard not to have him show up twice.
    JT Smith and Rey Odyssey are two other dark horses that are on my list. Rey had some of Dean Malenko's early matches before Eddie came over and feuded with the Sandman in the early days. JT Smith seemed to be in ECW forever, I think he was on the first show in '92 and on Barely Legal in a dark match.

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JT Smith is my favorite paisan, but I don't see Top 25 material for him under any circumstances.

vCash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the fuck did 2 Cold miss out on WWE's list? He's at least a top twenty guy. Much disrespect. Will be much higher on my final list.

Since factions are excluded from this, I'd assume BWO is off limits. That's a shame.

Tajiri is an often overlooked ECW talent that produced some great work week to week. Plenty of great PPV performances as well. Saw he got a lot of love on PWO though so that's great.

All credit goes to surrender!

Space Invaders Champion! Hexxagon Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is more excuse than I need to go back and watch some ECW. If only there were some network that I could access this on for hmmmm, let's say almost $10
    If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
    -John Stuart Mill

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PI View Post
    25 slots turns out to be so few!
    I'd be open to expanding the list to 30 or, hell, even 50. Whatever you guys want. 25 was just a number I picked at random.

Quote Originally Posted by The Show View Post
    How the fuck did 2 Cold miss out on WWE's list? He's at least a top twenty guy. Much disrespect. Will be much higher on my final list.
    I got a Top 39 right. The WWE list isn't a bad start, although I think they're missing Pitbulls, 2 Cold Scorpio, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-...p-30-ecw-stars
    16 of my top 17 made it but boy is that 17th a glaring omission.
    Scorpio was the 17th guy. Scorp being left off the WWE list is criminal.

Ron Simmons, Rey Mysterio, Badd Company should be up for consideration. Of the more famous "cameos" like Austin and Pillman, Jericho should strongly be considered too. The Arena really got behind him during his short stay, and he did that with very little name recognition. Bad Breed and Hack Meyers are dark horse candidates, although Top 25 might be a stretch. Bad Breed really brought the ultraviolent element to ECW in 1995, and Balls Mahoney probably doesn't exist without the combination of them (certainly Axl) and The Shah. Somebody like Tommy Cairo is also an important cog in early ECW that might be overlooked. In some ways, he helped make Sandman and Tommy Dreamer while Raven was still Johnny F'n Polo.

I think New Jack will be a two timer on my list. The Gangstas were mega mega over, and solo Jack was probably even moreso. It would be hard not to have him show up twice.
    New Jack keeps climbing up my list.

I whittled my list down from about 34. Thought I had a solid Top 25 for a minute there but I keep tinkering with it. That's the beauty of running these things

Pretty good chance RVD & Sabu end up being two timers on my list.

Would love to find room for Hack Myers & JT Smith but there's just no way I can do it on a Top 25 or 30. Top 50 on the other hand......

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be opposed to expanding it from 25 to say 40 (that's a decent compromise, right?)... Even with double listings, I'm confident I could get love for everyone I want to get love to.

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be opposed to expanding it from 25 to say 40 (that's a decent compromise, right?)... Even with double listings, I'm confident I could get love for everyone I want to get love to.
    What does everybody else think about this? I'm going to let consensus rule here.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the 25 number , leaving people off is the nature of the beast IMO. I had like five guys who I wanted to throw in at the end but obviously couldn't.

It's your shindig at the end of the day though , so your call.

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty good chance RVD & Sabu end up being two timers on my list.
    Oddly, I didn't even consider that. I think it's because the majority of their tag team they played the unwilling partners, so I think of them as two dudes in a tag team, more than a genuine tag team. Like Austin and Michaels in 1997, or something. They tagged a lot, and were awesome, so I'm not trying to dissuade anybody from adding them to their list, just explaining how I could overlook an excuse for adding Sabu twice, or even three times (with The Tasmaniac).

I'd be open to expanding the list to 30 or, hell, even 50. Whatever you guys want. 25 was just a number I picked at random.
    50! One, I'm selfish, and I want more ECW guys represented, but two, I think for too many 1993/1994 guys will miss the cut completely with a Top 25, and they never get the recognition they deserve, and if any place should recognize them, it should be here.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If PWO can assemble 50 ROH guys, we can assemble 50 ECW guys.

Besides it shouldn't be too difficult, we already have the top two spots covered.

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added a ballot size poll. Will be open for three days. Winner take all.

Haven't made up my mind yet on how I'm voting. Ideally I'd like to do 50 but I worry about something that big dissuading the less hardcore ECW fans. The last thing I want is for only diehards like Shin, Kilgore and I to end up voting because others are intimidated by trying to come up with 50 wrestlers.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added a ballot size poll. Will be open for three days. Winner take all.

Haven't made up my mind yet on how I'm voting. Ideally I'd like to do 50 but I worry about something that big dissuading the less hardcore ECW fans. The last thing I want is for only diehards like Shin, Kilgore and I to end up voting because others are intimidated by trying to come up with 50 wrestlers.
    I'm not a hardcore ECW, and 50 isn't that intimidating once you get rolling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Food for thought: PWO had a nice companion list for best ROH non-wrestling personalities. Maybe we can do ECW that similar favor with a smaller countdown as a side piece. Obviously, this is Baker's baby but just a thought I had.

All credit goes to surrender!

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a hardcore ECW, and 50 isn't that intimidating once you get rolling.
    Alrighty then. This is all the confirmation I needed. I'm voting for 50. This (probable) OCD dumbass is gonna have a field day with this

Quote Originally Posted by The Show View Post
    Food for thought: PWO had a nice companion list for best ROH non-wrestling personalities. Maybe we can do ECW that similar favor with a smaller countdown as a side piece. Obviously, this is Baker's baby but just a thought I had.
    Good idea but I'm limiting this one to 10 It'll give everybody a chance to vote for Heyman, Styles & Gordon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea but I'm limiting this one to 10 It'll give everybody a chance to vote for Heyman, Styles & Gordon.
    Well, well, well. It seems like you're forgetting a certain quintessential studmuffin. Joel "Like the middle of a litter box ... I'm always surrounded by pussy" Gertner.

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, well, well. It seems like you're forgetting a certain quintessential studmuffin. Joel "Like the middle of a litter box ... I'm always surrounded by pussy" Gertner.
    Oh, Gertner will be making that list for sure. I just didn't want to give my whole damn list away in one post.

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started working on a list when I got home from work.

I may not be as well-versed in ECW as a @ShinobiMusashi, @Baker, or a @Kilgore, I've seen enough to put together a top twenty-five list, might be screwed though if we end up going with a top fifty list, though.

Banner Credit: Surrender

Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015
    Currently Watching: Blue Exorcist S2, Dragon Ball Super, Tiger Mask W
    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner, 2014 & 2015 Winner)

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    I started working on a list when I got home from work.

I may not be as well-versed in ECW as a @ShinobiMusashi, @Baker, or a @Kilgore, I've seen enough to put together a top twenty-five list, might be screwed though if we end up going with a top fifty list, though.
    If 50 does happen to win out I'll still accept ballots of 25 (or whatever) from the less hardcore ECW fans. I don't want to exclude anybody who is willing to participate.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If 50 does happen to win out I'll still accept ballots of 25 (or whatever) from the less hardcore ECW fans. I don't want to exclude anybody who is willing to participate.
    Take it from experience - it screws up the entire point system when people are sending in different amounts. It's not the end of the world or anything though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    Take it from experience - it screws up the entire point system when people are sending in different amounts. It's not the end of the world or anything though.
    How does it screw it up? I assume everyone's number 1 would get 50 points, #2 49, and so on.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted for 25 by mistake. Currently my list is at 49 and I would like to see the Snuka's, Abby's, and Muraco's of the world get some recognition.

vCash
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote is 50. I could easily come up with that many.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Icon View Post
    I voted for 25 by mistake. Currently my list is at 49 and I would like to see the Snuka's, Abby's, and Muraco's of the world get some recognition.
    Absolutely. For anybody struggling for the last few, throw those three on the end of your list. Pre-Paul E., when Tod Gordon was running the show, Snuka and Muraco reignited their WWF feud in small Philly bars in the earliest days of ECW, and literally kept ECW in business. Without that, there's no ECW for Paul E. to get to.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davey Boy, Warlord, Hawk, ECW was like a sanctuary for the steroid guys during the WWF's troubles.

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 50 easily.

Thinking about it, I could very well end up having Mikey Whipwreck on my list three times.

Thinking about it further, 50 ain't enough
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Thread Information