vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Coliseum stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    *sighs deeply*

Ok everyone, i'm gonna spell it all out as bluntly and clearly as I can.

My issue has never been with @Lony himself. He was just the beneficiary because he happened to be representing the nerdery . Do I think his MITB work that time was average at best, yes I do as I have stated more then once. You know what i've never said?

I've never said that I deserved to win that match, my work wasn't the best either, the best work in that match was DC's. You remember that guy right, the guy who was more creative then Ness ever was and was doing video promos before they were cool.

I'll say it again, my issue is that the average work was rewarded so handsomely, it is my view that the work of previous Nerdery representatives was much better.

There have just always been so many suspicious circumstances surrounding it. UT did promos like Lony did, they had a back and forth so why did one guy get so many votes while the other got so few, i'm not going back to check right now but I don't know if he even got any.

My viewpoint is that the best work should win, I remember in previous PW events, promos used to matter. Did I bitch and moan when TME beat me a few years ago, have I complained about any other losses, let's face it, my record in here isn't one to be admired after all.

You know why I didn't complain about my loss to TME, it's because we had an excellent battle where he put major effort into his promos, he got rewarded for his hard work.

I miss promos mattering, it's that simple.
    Hey, guys, just putting this out there now that the rumble is over.

It does seem like a lot of times, people who participate very little or even not at all get a shit load of votes.

I don't know the whole situation but I kind of feel like Oncall has a point a lot of the time, if not always.

I noticed during the Rumble's tag match it seemed like if you participated less, you were more likely to win.

HR's rumble run was odd too. I don't believe he did much at all right?

Me and @Chaos Kid were talking about this.

One of the ideas we had was to come up with some minimum participation rules. For example, you can't win if you don't have at least two posts in general discussion. Something like that. Perhaps mandatory voting.

It's definitely something to thing about. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows, whatever ONcall's specific situation is, he's not the only one who's thinking the legitimacy of our competition can be called into question.
    PW WANTS YOU!

To vote for in the Trios Cibernetico!

So please head over to the Trios Cibernetico Thread in the PW Coliseum and vote for the competitors you think should go through to the next round.

Punch and Pie will be served!

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

The Royal Rumble match is a special beast because of the multiple choice voting and because we want to fill the 30 spots - it's all in the fun though, and Dazz ended up winning (he posted at least one or two promos). Everyone in the other matches promo'd too, except maybe Rad. I don't think what you're saying was a big problem at the Rumble or even a big issue in general. We encourage participation but try to keep things relaxed - I'm perfectly fine with everyone posting a couple of meaningful promos with a lot of content rather than 20 throwaway promos. Some will vote on who posted the best promo, some will vote based on who they want to see pick up a win...I don't think we're at the point where we need to enforce any specific parameters. At the end of the day it's about finding ways to keep the different storylines moving, regardless of wins and losses

surrender

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    Hey, guys, just putting this out there now that the rumble is over.

It does seem like a lot of times, people who participate very little or even not at all get a shit load of votes.

I don't know the whole situation but I kind of feel like Oncall has a point a lot of the time, if not always.

I noticed during the Rumble's tag match it seemed like if you participated less, you were more likely to win.

HR's rumble run was odd too. I don't believe he did much at all right?

Me and @Chaos Kid were talking about this.

One of the ideas we had was to come up with some minimum participation rules. For example, you can't win if you don't have at least two posts in general discussion. Something like that. Perhaps mandatory voting.

It's definitely something to thing about. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows, whatever ONcall's specific situation is, he's not the only one who's thinking the legitimacy of our competition can be called into question.
    Thanks so much MDS, you don't know how nice it is to have someone in here not treat me like a raving lunatic.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't going to mention this on the boards as respect to PW and this game, but I've spoken to Mad Dog and LS with my concerns, you see I'm new here and didnt want to stand on anyone toes or rock the boat. This is not me being bitter than I lost, its a game so I dont mind winning or losing as long as the game is played fair, there were rounds during the rumble that certain people were getting through even though they haven't said a word in the Royal rumble promo thread and with fed where I was told that promos and talk in the general discussion would be the factors in winning and losing matches. So when I started seeing people getting votes for doing nothing in this contest I realized that it was more of a popularity contest that an actual promo contest, it was then I knew that if no one knows you, you got no chance of winning whatever you write in your promos because someone might be really liked on the boards is against you.

I read all the promos and looked at the chat when i was voting for matches, but can you really say the same with the other voters, I think the if the person hasn't said a word then all votes for that person are voided...no work no win....

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's spreading!
    PW World Heavyweight Champion - Today, Tomorrow, FOREVER

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know right, who'd have thought that other people would consider hard work and appreciate effort instead of just dodging perfectly valid questions when they get posed.

PSST, that's a not subtle jab at all the question dodging you did Aaron.

I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always happy to answer valid questions - I just haven't seen any in a while!

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've asked plenty but let's keep it simple.

Why do you have such an issue with me wanting hard work to be rewarded instead of the rewards going to average work done by popular people?

Why do you have an issue with me raising questions, one in particular about how every poll was public except for the MITB one.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    The Royal Rumble match is a special beast because of the multiple choice voting and because we want to fill the 30 spots - it's all in the fun though, and Dazz ended up winning (he posted at least one or two promos). Everyone in the other matches promo'd too, except maybe Rad. I don't think what you're saying was a big problem at the Rumble or even a big issue in general. We encourage participation but try to keep things relaxed - I'm perfectly fine with everyone posting a couple of meaningful promos with a lot of content rather than 20 throwaway promos. Some will vote on who posted the best promo, some will vote based on who they want to see pick up a win...I don't think we're at the point where we need to enforce any specific parameters. At the end of the day it's about finding ways to keep the different storylines moving, regardless of wins and losses
    Saying the only Rad didn't promo was incorrect in fact there is more than 8 ppl that didn't promo but got votes, there were players that actually went though rounds without promos

HR zero promo – 23 votes (3 rounds)
    Sm - zero promos – 20 votes (2 rounds)
    Raven – zero promo – 13 votes (2 rounds)
    ShinobiMusashi – zero promo – 7 votes (2 rounds)

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) The quality of promos is subjective. What you find average, someone else might have loved. Someone else might have found it irredeemably awful. "Hard work" is very hard to define too.

Also, popularity contests favour the popular. Things like this, KOTF, Trios, HOF and whatever else are all chances for us to vote for people we like. Pretend they're some kind of battle of wits or something fancy, but people will vote for their favs and against people they can't stand.

If I have no preference between the people, I'll think of the promos. Otherwise, I'll vote for the person I can stand.

2) Brezzy screwed up a poll five years ago. He's not here to explain himself so you may as well be shouting into thin air. Find him on Twitter and demand an apology. I can't tell you why it happened and neither can anyone else.

Why are you so bothered about DC losing when he clearly doesn't care? He's gone too!

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, i'll grant you that promos are subjective but in turn, popularity clearly isn't.

I detest the music of Justin Bieber and quite enjoy the work of Jack Wagner, yet I can say beyond any reasonable doubt, Bieber is more popular then Wagner.

I guess i'm the bad guy for wanting promos or as you put it "battle of wits" to matter because if it's all just a popularity contest, why even have the promos or the storylines. KOTF, TTKOTF etc are clearly popularity contests because they were promo free.

Even further, why have the matches because if it's just based on popularity, winners will be easy to determine based on past history, we can pick 2 people and 9 times out of 10, quite easily determine which one is more well liked.

Look, I know i'm making a lot of enemies here but this is just something that bothers me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the promos are just a way for "the boys" to pop themselves while we're waiting for the matches to begin. In fact, when I was facing djm a few years back I even mentioned in one of them that it doesn't matter as the people have already decided who they were going to vote for. I can see why it can bother some people if the work they put in doesn't translate to votes. These events are a lot like writing Fan Fic. I could (and have) spent six months writing what I thought were quality, engaging shows. And no one could have given a shit. And someone else comes along and just puts a placeholder thread in place and gets tons of love even if they never come back to contribute or do very little. It does come across at times like what's the point then... and I hope people don't have that same mindset here.

Oddly enough ever since this got started I've neglected Fan Fic and put my efforts here. Pre-Coliseum I don't know what my popularity around here was. Normally I'd be out in the first round of KOTF. But I was usually facing guys like Matt or Champ, so maybe they were just tough battles. So I don't know if promos I've done have helped me win matches. When I first started doing them against Lony, I won sure, but not by a huge margin. Hell, it may have been the worst turnout for a PW WM Main event!

Sometimes hard work has helped me... sometimes it hasn't changed anything. These events are simply a popularity contest and promos are just something fun we do to pass time between shows and to put some meat behind why the matches are happening. You have to keep in mind that in the past we didn't use to do as many. It was just WM (the only one we really did promos for) and KOTF/TTKOTF and I don't think those even had much in the way of promos seeing as when KOTF became Summerslam in 2015 a few people criticized me for doing promos on my opponent because it wasn't something we did in the past.

Basically what I'm saying is there's only 10-12 of us regulars here that do this, so I hope nobody is being discouraged from participating due to the current discussion.

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    Saying the only Rad didn't promo was incorrect in fact there is more than 8 ppl that didn't promo but got votes, there were players that actually went though rounds without promos

I said in my post that the Rumble match is a special case because of the multiple choice voting. None of those guys won anyway.

Also, guys like Raven, HR and SM have promo'd a lot in recent events; they're allowed a break from it.

Lastly, SM, Raven and Rad lost their other matches on the card - which makes your complaint weak, honestly. Everyone who won a match promo'd.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thankyou @Ness At least you seem to grasp why it bothers me.

I know i've been very confrontational on this but it's just who I am. I'm a firm believer in honesty and not biting your tongue. Biting your tongue is the easy route.

vCash
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always looked at it a few different ways concerning promo's.

1. We don't do KOTF or TTKOTF anymore , which WERE popularity contests and essentially based on how much a poster was received around the boards and promo's were never a thing. I think personally , and it's probably just me that we can also look at these events in lieu of former events and somewhat combine the promo's with the KOTF style voting. When it was ONLY PW Wrestlemania I understood the emphasis on promo's a little more but now that there are so many events I think it goes without saying that there are going to be ebbs and flows with the amount of promo's one person can do.

2. It's a cliche answer but we all have lives off of PW and some of us during certain times of the year have more free time to spend on PW than other times of the year. And when our time is limited on here we might have a bunch of other things we go to first without doing a promo. And speaking for myself , I would rather have quality over quantity when it comes to my promo's and if I can't commit to them , they are going to suck and it doesn't help the event at all anyways. It's why I stopped my SM promo's , because I lost my train of thought and what I came up with was bullshit and uninspiring .

I could just as easily sit in a thread and make 17 shit posts in a row and say now I contributed vote for me! Or point to a guy who makes a bunch of shit posts and say he deserves recognition for his amount of promo's , to which I say - I recognize them , and I recognize they were shit ... ergo I'm not voting for him. I'll vote for any number of people who may not have time to promo but I know have spent the better part of 10 years making PW a better and more enjoyable place to post.

I don't want to discourage anybody from having fun and doing as many promo's as their heart desires - knock yourself out and if they are good they will bring in the votes.

Now onto me facing @Raven* , which I didn't know was happening.

I hate his guts. And I really wish he would get rid of that star at the end of his name , because I always forget it when I'm trying to tag him in something.

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one said you're a bad guy for wanting promos. No one's said anything close to that. You've just got some kinda weird victim complex.

It's good to be open about things, but pick your battles. Endlessly complaining about something from five years ago that no one can do anything about doesn't do you any favours. I can see why it bothers you, but it's time to move on.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's worth mentioning here, very important, that the work you put into this game is subjective. Meaning that more isn't always better and every thing will be liked by some and not by others.

But yeah, I think we got an issue as Chaos Kid has pointed out, probably better than any of us. I quoted him below.

I understand. I'm just of the mind that games are fun because of structure. Structure is important.

Thanks so much MDS, you don't know how nice it is to have someone in here not treat me like a raving lunatic.
    All good man, you made some good points and I wanted to second them.

I wasn't going to mention this on the boards as respect to PW and this game, but I've spoken to Mad Dog and LS with my concerns, you see I'm new here and didnt want to stand on anyone toes or rock the boat. This is not me being bitter than I lost, its a game so I dont mind winning or losing as long as the game is played fair, there were rounds during the rumble that certain people were getting through even though they haven't said a word in the Royal rumble promo thread and with fed where I was told that promos and talk in the general discussion would be the factors in winning and losing matches. So when I started seeing people getting votes for doing nothing in this contest I realized that it was more of a popularity contest that an actual promo contest, it was then I knew that if no one knows you, you got no chance of winning whatever you write in your promos because someone might be really liked on the boards is against you.

I read all the promos and looked at the chat when i was voting for matches, but can you really say the same with the other voters, I think the if the person hasn't said a word then all votes for that person are voided...no work no win....

Very good stuff from Chaos Kid here. Respectfully, I think it's safe to say that there is indeed a problem here.

Now, the game is fun and I enjoy playing it. I would like to continue playing it. But clearly there's an issue here.

If the issue goes on the game will probably still be fun. But if we found a way to fix the issue it would be funner I think.
    PW WANTS YOU!

To vote for in the Trios Cibernetico!

So please head over to the Trios Cibernetico Thread in the PW Coliseum and vote for the competitors you think should go through to the next round.

Punch and Pie will be served!

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dazz View Post
    I feel as if there's quite a few bullets being shot my way for winning the Rumble, but just cutting one promo right before the Rumble began.

I understand the complaint, I really do, but the thing is...............

I'M NOT GIVING UP MY SHOT!
    personally I dont think anyone mention you in a negative terms I think the conversation is more about people getting votes without doing promos, as far as im concerned you did a promo and you won...bottoms line

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally I dont think anyone mention you in a negative terms I think the conversation is more about people getting votes without doing promos, as far as im concerned you did a promo and you won...bottoms line
    Everyone who won promoed though - that's the point I keep trying to make.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone who won promoed though - that's the point I keep trying to make.
    I think the point i was trying to make that certain people qualified in the Rumble rounds even though they didn't promo, while other guys did promo and got knocked out by those people

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get mad at them. Extend your venom to the posters who didn't vote for them!

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the point i was trying to make that certain people qualified in the Rumble rounds even though they didn't promo, while other guys did promo and got knocked out by those people
    That happened to me in round IV of the Rumble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've asked plenty but let's keep it simple.

Why do you have such an issue with me wanting hard work to be rewarded instead of the rewards going to average work done by popular people?

Why do you have an issue with me raising questions, one in particular about how every poll was public except for the MITB one.
    I don't know if you were staying in kayfabe or not but it was a little annoying to see you get mad about me "no showing" the tag title match when I had so many matches over the past few PPVs. I was focusing on the tag match but it was all ongoing on the weekdays and I have limited access to the site, especially given they still have not fixed the ad problem on the mobile devices. I don't think it's cool to jump in someone's match in a gauntlet and hog up the spotlight which is why I really don't post in character in any thread except something where I am in it! Since Summerslam I have been in a lot of matches and I am really appreciative of the support but there's only so much free time I can spend on these matches! Sorry.

I do agree with you guys though, wish for more participation. The more participation, the better it all becomes!

What is totally weak sauce is bringing up relevance to the forums in this. So weak. I am completely different in The Colosseum than what I am in The Sports Empire and other forums. My character is so different, I don't take into account anyone's standing in other forums when voting in this. I judge strictly off of what you do in this and where your character is going. Getting called "annoying" over some fun silly promo stuff like this is pretty mood killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    I think the promos are just a way for "the boys" to pop themselves while we're waiting for the matches to begin. In fact, when I was facing djm a few years back I even mentioned in one of them that it doesn't matter as the people have already decided who they were going to vote for. I can see why it can bother some people if the work they put in doesn't translate to votes. These events are a lot like writing Fan Fic. I could (and have) spent six months writing what I thought were quality, engaging shows. And no one could have given a shit. And someone else comes along and just puts a placeholder thread in place and gets tons of love even if they never come back to contribute or do very little. It does come across at times like what's the point then... and I hope people don't have that same mindset here.

Oddly enough ever since this got started I've neglected Fan Fic and put my efforts here. Pre-Coliseum I don't know what my popularity around here was. Normally I'd be out in the first round of KOTF. But I was usually facing guys like Matt or Champ, so maybe they were just tough battles. So I don't know if promos I've done have helped me win matches. When I first started doing them against Lony, I won sure, but not by a huge margin. Hell, it may have been the worst turnout for a PW WM Main event!

Sometimes hard work has helped me... sometimes it hasn't changed anything. These events are simply a popularity contest and promos are just something fun we do to pass time between shows and to put some meat behind why the matches are happening. You have to keep in mind that in the past we didn't use to do as many. It was just WM (the only one we really did promos for) and KOTF/TTKOTF and I don't think those even had much in the way of promos seeing as when KOTF became Summerslam in 2015 a few people criticized me for doing promos on my opponent because it wasn't something we did in the past.

Basically what I'm saying is there's only 10-12 of us regulars here that do this, so I hope nobody is being discouraged from participating due to the current discussion.
    I love this whole concept by LS man, looking back I am kinda ashamed of how personal I went at ORaider27 at times years ago and I was readying to throw down with the women's forum The good old days of your late teens, early 20's But that's what happens when you got a lot of time and at times, just feel frustrated with people or groups who are at your throat on a site you spend daily upon.

Now I really don't care altogether. It's more fun playing a character than to go "personal" anyhow, much more creative freedom.

Seriously big credit to LS for doing this. Regardless, I am having loads of fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dazz View Post
    I feel as if there's quite a few bullets being shot my way for winning the Rumble, but just cutting one promo right before the Rumble began.

I understand the complaint, I really do, but the thing is...............

I'M NOT GIVING UP MY SHOT!
    You Dazz Superkick'd your president off the ropes. HAVE YOU NO SHAME!

I was going for the trifecta at PW WM, I was destined to be Triple H godlike with all of the air time.
    Last edited by Blindy; 03-20-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Currently Playing:
    Manhunt(PS3), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    No one said you're a bad guy for wanting promos. No one's said anything close to that. You've just got some kinda weird victim complex.

It's good to be open about things, but pick your battles. Endlessly complaining about something from five years ago that no one can do anything about doesn't do you any favours. I can see why it bothers you, but it's time to move on.
    See, now I feel better, we've actually had a civil conversation about this. See how much more productive it is when you don't just take cheap shots at someone who was merely trying to air their grievances and getting called pretty much every crazy name in the book.

You think I enjoyed being called a conspiracy theorist for years on end simply because I was bothered by something, it wasn't fucking fun you know.

vCash
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not my fault. I even told people not to vote for me.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Thread Information