Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

Current champions

Heavyweight Championship
    Aaron
    Won at SummerSlam 2016 (former champion: EasyRider)
    Title defenses: 2

Tag Team Championship
    Ness & President Blindy
    Won at Royal Rumble 2017 (former champions: The Dazz & Rad)
    Title defenses: 0

Intercontinental Championship
    President Blindy

Won at SummerSlam 2016 (former champion: Ness)
    Title defenses: 2

Junior Heavyweight Championship
    LS

Won at WrestleMania 2016 (former champion: The Main Event)
    Title defenses: 3

PW WRESTLEMANIA: 2017

1)
    FAKE NEWS Boiler Room Brawl
    Winner publishes an article about the loser.
    Mistress vs. RT

2)
    Money in the Bank Qualifier A
    Raven* vs. Untouchable

Untouchable has spent the last few events involved in very personal rivalries. His 2016 largely involved a back and forth feud with Emperor, and although Untouchable came up on the losing end of that feud, Emperor has since been banished from the Coliseum. And after falling out with his tag partner SM and subsequently defeating him at the Royal Rumble, this may finally be the opportunity for Untouchable to have no distractions and find some singles success. But it won't be easy; Raven* is the only 2x Heavyweight Champion in history and most likely has a chip on his shoulder after coming up short in his quest to become Tag Team Champion at the last two events.

3)
    Intercontinental No. 1 Contendership Qualifier Debate
    Hosted and judged by President Blindy & VP Ness
    (sign up in this thread, unlimited spots available; 2 winners will be chosen)
    iron maiden vs. Lawrence vs. The Main Event vs. Chaos Kid vs. Mistress vs. Jake

President Blindy laid down an open challenge for his Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania, but we can now confirm that the first ever open forum debate inside the Coliseum will be held to help determine who is eligible for this title shot. Which two competitors will impress President Blindy and VP Ness and move onto the the number one contendership match later in the event?

4)
    Open Challenge: SM's Final Match
    SM vs. ???
    5)
    No. 1 Contendership to the Intercontinental Championship
    Debate winner vs. Debate winner
    6)
    Money in the Bank Qualifier B
    Lony vs. Oncall

Over the past year, Oncall has went on several rants about an supposed injustice in which Lony defeated Oncall in a Money in the Bank match several years ago at WrestleMania. It's only appropriate that these two finally meet one-on-one to earn a spot in this year's Money in the Bank match.
    7)
    Intercontinental Championship
    No. 1 Contender vs. President Blindy (c)
    8)
    Money in the Bank Qualifier C
    WMS vs. Mad Dog Smith

Mad Dog Smith shocked the world when he defeated Lony at Royal Rumble, but now there's one more loose end that needs to be tied up in the former mWo saga, and it's going to be settled at WrestleMania with Money in the Bank implications. When the rest of the mWo wanted nothing to do with Mad Dog, there was one person that had his back: WMS. But at SummerSlam, right before WMS was set to stand by the side of Mad Dog in a steel cage match against Lony and Raven*, Mad Dog Smith bailed. While most believe he did this to avoid competing against Lony inside a steel cage, WMS will most likely seek vengeance for Mad Dog's betrayal.

9)
    Tag Team Championship
    Oncall & RT vs. Ness & President Blindy (c)

The two unlikeliest teams, bound by contracts, turned out to be the most cohesive at Royal Rumble. Oncall and RT put their differences aside and dominated the first two falls of Tag Team Turmoil before falling short to the fresh Ness and President Blindy in the final fall. In this one-fall rematch, RT and Oncall will look to create magic as a team once again, only this time walking out with the Tag Team Championship - but it will be a tough task against two of the Coliseum's toughest and most decorated competitors, President Blindy and Ness.

10)
    Money in the Bank Triple Threat Ladder Match
    Winner earns a Heavyweight title match of their choosing, from now until WM 2018
    Qualifier A winner vs. Qualifier B winner vs. Qualifier C winner
    11)
    Junior Heavyweight Championship
    Ness vs. LS (c)

LS traded victories with President Blindy at the last two events, and each time ended with a mystery attacker making their presence known. At Royal Rumble, after proclaiming his vendetta against Ness and Blindy, it was revealed that LS asked ShinobiMusashi (who Ness put out of action last year) to attack President Blindy and Ness. Following the attack at Royal Rumble, Ness asked LS to try to truly prove his worth as a champion by defending the Junior Heavyweight Championship against him at WrestleMania. Ness not only seeks vengeance for himself and President Blindy, but he also looks to become the first ever Grand Slam champion of PW. Meanwhile, LS looks to continue his record-title defenses reign by successfully defending at the same event he became champion at last year.
    12)
    Heavyweight Championship
    The Dazz vs. Aaron (c)

It was last year at WrestleMania that Dazz and Aaron fought each other in the Money in the Bank Triple Threat Ladder match. Aaron was victorious and went on to become Heavyweight Champion at SummerSlam. Meanwhile, The Dazz (along with the other MITB competitor from last year, Rad) focused on tag team competition and had a successful reign as Tag Team Champion. At Royal Rumble, Dazz finally "arrived" despite losing his Tag Team titles - he kicked Rad to the curb and went on to outlast 29 other competitors in the 2017 Royal Rumble match. In a full-circle moment, one year later Aaron and Dazz will once again compete against each other at WrestleMania, this time one-on-one and for the Heavyweight title. The Dazz's Rumble win was considered an upset by many, and he'll have a tough challenge against PW's most dominant Heavyweight Champion yet, Aaron.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

Nice card, though I suppose I shouldn't promo, after all, I want to win, and those who put in the work don't win... ain't that right @Oncall? I mean, even though, as far as I'm concerned, I was deserving of making it to the finals of KotF, winning MitB, Etc., but hey what do I know.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Attack on Titan S2, Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2, Tiger Mask W

vCash
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As this is my last PW Event before I retire, I would like to issue an open challenge to anybody. Whoever wants to face me step right up & I will accept. Anyone no matter who they are, I will face them. Who wants the chance to send me out with a loss?

That is if the powers at be let me do this.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you guys like the card and continue the activity (promos and voting) from the Rumble

If anyone was wondering why the long term feud of Lony vs. Mad Dog was given away at Royal Rumble instead of waiting for Mania... I had @WMS vs. @Mad Dog Smith, and @Lony vs. @Oncall in mind

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SM? View Post
    As this is my last PW Event before I retire, I would like to issue an open challenge to anybody. Whoever wants to face me step right up & I will accept. Anyone no matter who they are, I will face them. Who wants the chance to send me out with a loss?

That is if the powers at be let me do this.
    I think this is a good idea - maybe anyone interested can PM me so that we can make it a full surprise - but what fun is it with that attitude I put in bold?!

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I think this is a good idea - maybe anyone interested can PM me so that we can make it a full surprise - but what fun is it with that attitude I put in bold?!
    Hey. I just figure has to be somebody who wants to see me retire with a loss. I will try my best with promo to make sure that doesn't happen.

Oh, and accepting by PM is a good idea.
    surrender

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sighs deeply*

Ok everyone, i'm gonna spell it all out as bluntly and clearly as I can.

My issue has never been with @Lony himself. He was just the beneficiary because he happened to be representing the nerdery . Do I think his MITB work that time was average at best, yes I do as I have stated more then once. You know what i've never said?

I've never said that I deserved to win that match, my work wasn't the best either, the best work in that match was DC's. You remember that guy right, the guy who was more creative then Ness ever was and was doing video promos before they were cool.

I'll say it again, my issue is that the average work was rewarded so handsomely, it is my view that the work of previous Nerdery representatives was much better.

There have just always been so many suspicious circumstances surrounding it. UT did promos like Lony did, they had a back and forth so why did one guy get so many votes while the other got so few, i'm not going back to check right now but I don't know if he even got any.

My viewpoint is that the best work should win, I remember in previous PW events, promos used to matter. Did I bitch and moan when TME beat me a few years ago, have I complained about any other losses, let's face it, my record in here isn't one to be admired after all.

You know why I didn't complain about my loss to TME, it's because we had an excellent battle where he put major effort into his promos, he got rewarded for his hard work.

I miss promos mattering, it's that simple.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

vCash
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to reassure too that I wasn't attacking you @Oncall , your grievances are your grievances and I got nothing but love for you.

I also have grievances. Like the fact @SM? thinks he can wrestle another match and isn't retiring after the beating I gave him. And the fact we aren't teaming anymore after my name change and can't be Team SMUT.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    I just want to reassure too that I wasn't attacking you @Oncall , your grievances are your grievances and I got nothing but love for you.

I also have grievances. Like the fact @SM? thinks he can wrestle another match and isn't retiring after the beating I gave him. And the fact we aren't teaming anymore after my name change and can't be Team SMUT.
    I just came in this thread to post this!!! I'm mad at myself for not thinking of it when you guys were teaming. To think that I thought StarTouch was clever

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I just came in this thread to post this!!! I'm mad at myself for not thinking of it when you guys were teaming. To think that I thought StarTouch was clever
    If you're initials were the other way around we could be team SLUT - instead it'd be team LSUT which isn't as effective.

vCash
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post

That really would have been a better name.
    surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel as if there's quite a few bullets being shot my way for winning the Rumble, but just cutting one promo right before the Rumble began.

I understand the complaint, I really do, but the thing is...............

I'M NOT GIVING UP MY SHOT!

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dazz View Post
    I feel as if there's quite a few bullets being shot my way for winning the Rumble, but just cutting one promo right before the Rumble began.

I understand the complaint, I really do, but the thing is...............

I'M NOT GIVING UP MY SHOT!
    I wouldn't say that. I think you participated. You had a story line going on. Legit.

And it worked. You won.

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give it up. Aaron wants an easy night!

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sign me up for that debate thing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    sign me up for that debate thing.
    I"m sorry, bud, I'm looking through the thread here and I don't see that. There's a debate thing?

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's in the very first post. Match 2!

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It's in the very first post. Match 2!
    So the mystery is solved. It wasn't that people didn't promo... they just refused to look!

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when does the voting start?

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's generally around the PPVs, SS and RR were later than usual. I'd imagine after WM since the board might have issues with activity around then. Perhaps a week or two after. You'd have to ask the FORMER Junior Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tank you nessie

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we're only in one match each and there's the ol' 2 match rule, I'm going to just leave this here and note that I never got a response: http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...=1#post4430480
    @Mistress

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Since we're only in one match each and there's the ol' 2 match rule, I'm going to just leave this here and note that I never got a response: http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...=1#post4430480
    @Mistress
    Fine...

Let's get down to bitchness...

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@RT @Mistress

Sounds like the making of our first ever FAKE NEWS Boiler Room Brawl. Winner publishes an article (new thread) about the loser.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matches will begin being posted on Wednesday!

surrender

Thread Information