Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PW WrestleMania 2017 - Card & Discussion

All the matches that get made are created due to ongoing storylines or stuff that LS probably makes up based on past events using people that have participated in prior events. Just because he puts them there does not mean they're gonna participate. Some people probably just signed up because it was open to that. Some names were added just to fill 30. We aren't exactly super busy with activity, so it's expected. Outside of the Rumble matches are held between 10-12 people that are involved in all previous events so people not showing up isn't really a thing.

Instead of doing what you guys are doing I say put your energy into doing actual promos. Make it a storyline or have it define your character's narrative. Focus on that in a promo. I've done that a lot. Hell TME lost like 2-3x to a guy who never showed up and it became a storyline where he had one last shot at him. He may not have even known he was a part of the show. Guys that no show aren't usually ones that walk away with every match, that's absurd. Hell they once stripped a handsome gentlemen of his titles because he wasn't part of the event.

I don't like the idea of adding rules and requirements. I get why it'd frustrate some people, but it's the nature of the beast. But ya know what? I'm gonna go write a promo. So you'd better vote for me when the time comes!

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    So people should just get rewarded for showing up? Again that takes some of the fun out of this and putting an arbitrary number on the amount of promo's one has to do is stupid and I guarantee will just discourage people from voting all together.

I sure as fuck ain't going to vote for someone who's promo's I didn't enjoy because of some stupid rule that says I have to if I'd rather vote for the person I enjoy posting with over the course of a year.
    Certainly much better than taking into account someone's posts you like or dislike on the forum as to the reason why your voting or not voting for someone.

To all......Peeps have fun with this, regardless if you win or lose. I could care less if I ever become PW World Champion, it's just a matter of having fun with it. The minute I lose fun with this, than I will simply stop.
    Last edited by Blindy; 03-21-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Currently Playing:
    Manhunt(PS3), Rocket League(PS4)

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Hell TME lost like 2-3x to a guy who never showed up and it became a storyline where he had one last shot at him. He may not have even known he was a part of the show. Guys that no show aren't usually ones that walk away with every match, that's absurd.
    Thanks for reminding me.....

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Certainly much better than taking into account someone's posts you like or dislike on the forum as to the reason why your voting or not voting for someone.

To all......Peeps have fun with this, regardless if you win or lose. I could care less if I ever become PW World Champion, it's just a matter of having fun with it. The minute I lose fun with this, than I will simply stop.
    How is it better in the slightest? Why shouldn't overall board contributions matter? That's why many of the contests on PW used to be about and it did incentivize people to be better contributors around the entire board.

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is it better in the slightest? Why shouldn't overall board contributions matter? That's why many of the contests on PW used to be about and it did incentivize people to be better contributors around the entire board.
    I dont get this in the slightest, I think that PW should be separate in the terms of voting, you should be voting on the promos on the card not on what the person posted about the life of mick foley for example. IT should be a level playing field and not biased to the people who have been here the longest, cause this could put off anyone new from entering. IT should be in the rules that you can only win here if you have a good reputation on the boards no matter what you put as a promo, because they dont really count for anything, is that really what you are saying should happen here?

You have some really good promo writers here and I'm enjoying reading and listening to them, I dont know about the reputation of the guys, or if they are great poster, but I judge but what they put on the promo boards, how is that so wrong to understand

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    I dont get this in the slightest, I think that PW should be separate in the terms of voting, you should be voting on the promos on the card not on what the person posted about the life of mick foley for example. IT should be a level playing field and not biased to the people who have been here the longest, cause this could put off anyone new from entering. IT should be in the rules that you can only win here if you have a good reputation on the boards no matter what you put as a promo, because they dont really count for anything, is that really what you are saying should happen here?

You have some really good promo writers here and I'm enjoying reading and listening to them, I dont know about the reputation of the guys, or if they are great poster, but I judge but what they put on the promo boards, how is that so wrong to understand
    Yeah, same here. I'm all for the competition being on to itself.

I would hate to think somebody won or lost because they thought it was awesome that Joey Ryan Suplexs people with this dick.
    MMA I: Boys & Girls In America

Ladies and Gentledudes, right now in the PW Coliseum, all six of our debut roster members are cutting pre-match promos for Monday's big showdowns.

Check them out here ...

Mad Dog Smith Vs. Mistress
    Dragonstorm Vs. Lony
    The Chaos Kid Vs. Lawrence

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PW World Heavyweight Champion - Today, Tomorrow, FOREVER

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sign me up for that debate thing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    sign me up for that debate thing.
    I"m sorry, bud, I'm looking through the thread here and I don't see that. There's a debate thing?

Ladies and Gentledudes, right now in the PW Coliseum, all six of our debut roster members are cutting pre-match promos for Monday's big showdowns.

Check them out here ...

Dragonstorm Vs. Lony

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's in the very first post. Match 2!
    PW World Heavyweight Champion - Today, Tomorrow, FOREVER

vCash
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    Yeah, same here. I'm all for the competition being on to itself.

I would hate to think somebody won or lost because they thought it was awesome that Joey Ryan Suplexs people with this dick.
    This isn't a fucking efed , I'm sorry but it's just not and it never should be just in itself. It's a subsection of PW DISCUSSION FORUMS where most of the activity lies or should lie within the actual discussion and this subsection should be used for what it was intended for , an aside from everything else where we cut loose and have a little fun at the expense of our fellow posters if we see fit. LS does a great job at making it just that and by intertwining the storylines and making it fun and when people bitch about the outcomes of a fun event that they didn't win it's fucking annoying and sidetracks everything these events are supposed to be about.

I could really go on forever but I feel that it's best if I just stop because the logic here is fucking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    There would be like 5 people left to vote at all if your going to tell people who they can and cannot vote for based on an arbitrary number of promos , made up because two whine asses wrote promo's and didn't win.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It's in the very first post. Match 2!
    So the mystery is solved. It wasn't that people didn't promo... they just refused to look!

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't a fucking efed , I'm sorry but it's just not and it never should be just in itself. It's a subsection of PW DISCUSSION FORUMS where most of the activity lies or should lie within the actual discussion and this subsection should be used for what it was intended for , an aside from everything else where we cut loose and have a little fun at the expense of our fellow posters if we see fit. LS does a great job at making it just that and by intertwining the storylines and making it fun and when people bitch about the outcomes of a fun event that they didn't win it's fucking annoying and sidetracks everything these events are supposed to be about.

I could really go on forever but I feel that it's best if I just stop because the logic here is fucking ridiculous.

There would be like 5 people left to vote at all if your going to tell people who they can and cannot vote for based on an arbitrary number of promos , made up because two whine asses wrote promo's and didn't win.
    With respect UT, I feel like I've conducted myself politely here.

I respect this game and what LS has done to keep it going.

Myself and others have politely brought up our argument, complete with statistics. I feel like PW is the kind of envirorment where we can do that.

Now, I am sorry if that annoys you but it's not my responsibility to not annoy you. This is a general discussion thread. You certainly don't have to read every post if you don't like to. But when I decide to post something, regarding how it will effect you, I will only take these points into consideration ...

1. I will not in any way disrespect you.
    2. I will be very polite.

That's all that should be expected of me, I think. I apologize if you don't agree.

Check them out here ...

Dragonstorm Vs. Lony

vCash
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    With respect UT, I feel like I've conducted myself politely here.

I respect this game and what LS has done to keep it going.

Myself and others have politely brought up our argument, complete with statistics. I feel like PW is the kind of envirorment where we can do that.

Now, I am sorry if that annoys you but it's not my responsibility to not annoy you. This is a general discussion thread. You certainly don't have to read every post if you don't like to. But when I decide to post something, regarding how it will effect you, I will only take these points into consideration ...

1. I will not in any way disrespect you.
    2. I will be very polite.

That's all that should be expected of me, I think. I apologize if you don't agree.
    Those statistics hold about as much reverence with me as the weather report for a week from Friday , I'm sorry and I'm not even disagreeing with the idea that people who promo more win more - I just don't care who promo's more and think the idea you set forth is illogical and will kill any fun these events bring. And it's annoying because I don't even think you addressed that and that makes me assume you'd be more than happy with this just being a 7 person circle jerk where you can "win" more.

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe we should get a clear cut explanation from LS, as he does a great job running his game, on how he believes the factors that should decided on who wins the matches, as it seems like we have two schools of thinking here, so as LS is the head of this game he should have the final say on this situation and once he has spoken we all agree with his comment and get on playing the game...does that sound fair?

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's for other events like king of the forum or tag team threads etc., this is strictly an efed. I consider my President Blindy character much more different than how I post.

I don't think my Jets rants have anything to do with this character for example.

Currently Playing:
    Manhunt(PS3), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's for other events like king of the forum or tag team threads etc., this is strictly an efed. I consider my President Blindy character much more different than how I post.

I don't think my Jets rants have anything to do with this character for example.
    I feel the same way, I feel like This version of Chaos Kid is totally different to the the real person when i post on the rest of the forum, I'm more of an asshole and ego maniac when in real life im the opposite, I feel like it a chance to play a character here

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same way, I feel like This version of Chaos Kid is totally different to the the real person when i post on the rest of the forum, I'm more of an asshole and ego maniac when in real life im the opposite, I feel like it a chance to play a character here
    I agree. And that's an interesting Idea Chaos had. It's why it's good to talk about this stuff.

Check them out here ...

Dragonstorm Vs. Lony

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it was aimed at me as well but if it was, I don't appreciate being called a whine-ass when all I was doing was trying to air grievances without being labelled a crazy conspiracy theorist.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    I don't know if it was aimed at me as well but if it was, I don't appreciate being called a whine-ass when all I was doing was trying to air grievances without being labelled a crazy conspiracy theorist.
    It goes without saying that everyone on this forum, regardless of opinion, should be allowed to bring things up without being called a whine ass.

Check them out here ...

Dragonstorm Vs. Lony

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe we should get a clear cut explanation from LS, as he does a great job running his game, on how he believes the factors that should decided on who wins the matches, as it seems like we have two schools of thinking here, so as LS is the head of this game he should have the final say on this situation and once he has spoken we all agree with his comment and get on playing the game...does that sound fair?
    I still feel the same way I do when I originally made posts about it - I don't see where the problem is, as everyone who won did promo. Yes, a few people were thrown in the Rumble to fill up spots and they got votes, but they didn't win.

These events are designed to be laid back. As the disagreement in this thread proves, everyone votes for different reasons - if we start enforcing rules on how voters judge each match, it becomes less laid back. This more laid back approach in recent times was specifically started because a lot of people lost motivation in these events a few years ago. We've made it this far in the Coliseum era with a more laid back approach, let's keep it that way.

Now let's move onto more important things...like my imminent victory over Ness!

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whilst I raised an issue earlier, I don't see how enforcing rules on the way people vote will help. It's hard to even see if everyone has even promoed (a way forward could be to do what @Mad Dog Smith did with the MMA event and have individual promo threads for each match), and I certainly don't wanna scroll through pages and pages just to see if X has promoed and if Y hasn't, then vote based on that. I think the Royal Rumble event is very different from the others since LS has to fill 30 spots (a way forward could be just to reduce it to 20), where as other events are smaller and more specific to each person- e.g if 30 guys post a promo about the Rumble they're all gonna be more or less the same, where as people participate more in singles matches/ other variations.
    I said in one of my promos recently that names mean a lot more around here than the quality of your promo- that's the way at the end of the day and I can't see it changing unless you cut a hell of a promo or have a good story going for your character.

vCash
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not strictly an efed , just because YOU may play it as such doesn't mean we all do. I certainly don't and never got the impression it really was , and in case you haven't noticed we haven't ran the KOTF or TTKOTF in a long ass time now so to me these events have always blended that together because a lot of these events happen in lieu of the KOTF type events.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    It wasn't aimed at you at all , I don't think we've really interacted directly at all on this issue.

It goes without saying that everyone on this forum, regardless of opinion, should be allowed to bring things up without being called a whine ass.
    It goes without saying that if you are going to harp on an apparent issue without offering a semi valuable solution to it , and then just ignore the obvious flaws in the half hearted solution you did come up with that you're more interested in being a whine ass than actually fixing the supposed problem (which I still don't think there is) than you become a whine ass.

At the end of the day , people are going to vote how they want to vote and the minute you try to control how they vote or just take away their vote all together is the day people stop enjoying it.

If I offended anyone , or everyone than so be it - it was never my intention when I started discussing this for it to devolve but it happened.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@UT

I thought I might've been grouped in since i'm in agreement with Mad Dog and Chaos. However through a (finally) civil few posts with Aaron and also Ness seemingly grasping why this bothered me so much for so long means i'm a lot less perturbed since I finally feel acknowledged.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

Thread Information