Thread: Matron Hardy vs TNA getting serious

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matron Hardy vs TNA getting serious

So yeah, Reby went on an interesting rant on the TNA lawsuit claiming that TNA used a lot of stuff from house hardy without compensation and a lot of it was done illegally. Then she claimed they violated child labor laws by using Maxel. Well, backlash is pretty brutal questioning if she willing put Maxel into danger. Reby says a spokesperson will be addressing the Hardy stuff now as there is a push to remove Maxel from their custody as the trolls come out.

Very weird situation now that really should not ever have happened. Going to miss Reby's rants as they been hilarious. She has a lot of good points. TNA claims full rights to the Obsolete Suite song that Reby composed, performed and sung without compensation and that was derived from lyrics copyrighted by Jeff outside of TNA. They also claim full ownership of Senor Benjamin, despite never paying him or him signing anything. Also they claim that Matt referring to his brother by his middle name is owned by TNA. Essentially TNA claims they own Reby actual father and that he was created by TNA. Also revealed in the Twitter rant is Broken Matt was heavily influenced by Reby, which is kind of why she is getting so pissed off. This does make a lot of sense as this gimmick is nothing like the Hardys have done before. The goofy side is clearly Hardy, but the super dark side that the early Broken Matt showed is new.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Matron Hardy vs TNA getting serious

Guess it goes to show that if you want to claim ownership and the right to income from anything creatively, you need to have your bases covered in terms of copyrights and legal ownership of things going on. Obviously you can't always know ahead of time what will "work" and gain traction and what specific aspects will need to be copyrighted, but it just leaves the door open to fuckery if you are in any way unprotected and try to claim ownership or income later down the track. Unfortunately, just saying you "had the idea first" isn't really concrete evidence for anything in a legal sense, even if it is true.

A messy situation indeed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main issue I see is this lawsuit comes after Matt registered the trademarks for the Broken Universe. Here Matt claimed ownership, and his lawyer feels he has that right, then months later TNA gets involved, but only after a new owner comes in that Matt never worked for. That will be the deathblow I think in that Matt and Jeff never worked for Anthem, only TNA.

The stuff with people attacking Maxel is what I find utterly disturbing now. Sure they are trolls, but trolls can do crazy shit.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funnily enough, The Hardys boys combined probably have more money in the bank than Impact Wrestling.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sick of Reby. Just shut up already...

Let the lawyers deal with this

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    Currently watching: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Nanbaka, Samurai Jack & Hunter X Hunter

Thread Information