Thread: Will Taker Get Inducted Into The HOF?

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Will Taker Get Inducted Into The HOF?

This is just an interesting scenario to me. If you go on youtube, there are actually quite a few videos of Taker meeting with fans for charity, doing autograph sessions, signing autographs and other stuff like that. But he rarely ever goes on any of the major late night talk shows; I don't think he's ever been ESPN, even htough he has done some promotional work with the NBA (I forgot the circumstances of that appearance).

That being said, considering his history, do you think it's likely he will receive a normal Hall of Fame induction? And if so, will it be in character or will he come out as Mark Calloway and for the first time ever, he'll break character on the WWE Network and on a heavily promoted WWE event that is normaly broadcasted for an hour on USA, and he'll go into the Hall of Fame?

Personally, I have no idea what to expect. I am hoping that his career is winding down because he character is very boring but there's no doubt that he has solidified himself as a pro wrestling and WWE Hall of Famer.

I feel kinda invincible Kilgore's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Will Taker Get Inducted Into The HOF?

Of course he'll get inducted, and I think the guy that accepts will be identical to a former WWE Superstar who called himself the American Bad Ass.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore
    Of course he'll get inducted, and I think the guy that accepts will be identical to a former WWE Superstar who called himself the American Bad Ass.
    I can see that happening. Bet it'll happen within a yr or two.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who do you guys think will induct him? I'd prefer either Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley or Kane.

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There will be no issues with him breaking kayfabe at the Hall of Fame since he is retiring. They don't have an aura to try to maintain.

And it isn't like this wasn't released over 15 years ago.

I think Vince will induct him, like he did with Austin. Taker is his favourite character.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    Who do you guys think will induct him? I'd prefer either Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley or Kane.
    It should be Bruce Prichard. Fellow Texan, his first manager in WWE, and the guy who came up with the idea for The Undertaker gimmick.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strobe
    There will be no issues with him breaking kayfabe at the Hall of Fame since he is retiring. They don't have an aura to try to maintain.

And it isn't like this wasn't released over 15 years ago.

I think Vince will induct him, like he did with Austin. Taker is his favourite character.
    This was the DVD about him, right? I've seen clips of it but not the whole thing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course he'll be inducted and yeah it will just be as himself, not a zombie. If vince doesn't induct him which I think he will, it should be Kane.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell
    Of course he'll be inducted and yeah it will just be as himself, not a zombie. If vince doesn't induct him which I think he will, it should be Kane.
    *Chuckles* A zombie? I was gonna rep you for this but I've gotta spread some more around.

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MV View Post
    This was the DVD about him, right? I've seen clips of it but not the whole thing.
    Yeah, released in 2001 while he was the American Bad Ass. All completely non-kayfabe. Taker out of character, talking about being a basketball player, being in WCW, being given the Taker gimmick, etc. But there is a great moment with a still-masked Kane talking non-kayfabe about how he learned from Taker the need to perform and please the fans each night, but then still calls him his brother. A bizarre semi-kayfabe moment.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
    Came here to ay this exactly.

Also I think Vince should induct him.

Banner Credit: Spike

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think since Taker did the American BA character this whole dead man thing was over. Plus, people have been exposed to him for something close to 30 years now. He is not mysterious or scary any more.

I think he will break character easy just like Sting did.
    everybody has a price!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure he will show up as Mark and break character, now I am pretty sure Vince will induct him because Vince was behind the creation on the original gimmick, Kane would be my second choice.
    "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!": Ancient Klingon Proverb.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Taker in the HOF - He'll get his own wing.

Personally, they should wait a few years. Allow the guy to step away from the WWE for good. And then induct the man, not the gimmick - allowing him to speak, relax without the restraints of being the deadman character.

Vince McMahon himself should induct The Undertaker. No other man has had the longevity, the loyalty, the commitment to the WWE, earned or held the respect Undertaker has - the man really is the conscience, the soul of the WWE.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nath45
    'Taker in the HOF - He'll get his own wing.

Personally, they should wait a few years. Allow the guy to step away from the WWE for good. And then induct the man, not the gimmick - allowing him to speak, relax without the restraints of being the deadman character.

Vince McMahon himself should induct The Undertaker. No other man has had the longevity, the loyalty, the commitment to the WWE, earned or held the respect Undertaker has - the man really is the conscience, the soul of the WWE.
    Not a bad idea on making him wait a few yrs but you mean induct him as Mark Calaway?

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MV View Post
    Not a bad idea on making him wait a few yrs but you mean induct him as Mark Calaway?
    No, we're inducting him as The Undertaker, however over time our expectations of who or what we think the character is will change, or even more importantly by allowing some time to pass, it will help separate the man from the gimmick.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nath45
    No, we're inducting him as The Undertaker, however over time our expectations of who or what we think the character is will change, or even more importantly by allowing some time to pass, it will help separate the man from the gimmick.
    Gotcha! I don't think it'll be too tough for fans to separate the man from the gimmick given we've seen him out of character to a degree.

I feel kinda invincible Kilgore's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really understand how "out of character" 'Taker is supposed to be jarringly different than the dude who's been on television post Ministry of Darkness run. Granted, an urn isn't going to be giving him the power of speech, or some shit, but "My Yard" 'Taker, or MMA Taker, is just the tough Texan fucker I assume he is in real life. He'll just be a little chattier than normal.

Thread Information