View Poll Results: Pick one card to see!

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oncall

12 60.00%
  • Jack Nichols

8 40.00%

Thread: PW History Draft - Round One - Oncall vs Jack Nichols

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PW History Draft - Round One - Oncall vs Jack Nichols

Oncalls Card

NWA World Heavyweight Championship
    Ricky Steamboat vs The Great Muta

Who truly is the toughest son of a bitch to lace them up?
    Harley Race vs Haku

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs Takeshi Morishima

European Bar Room Brawl (Take a moment and actually picture this in your minds eye)
    Sheamus vs Finlay vs Wade Barrett

Texas BullRope match
    Verne Gagne vs Dick The Bruiser

WWF Tag Team Title Match
    The Redneck Wrecking Crew (Cade and Trevor Murdoch) vs James Storm and BlackJack Mulligan

Dean Malenko vs Jumbo Tsuruta

Dick Murdoch vs Hardcore Holly

vs

Mistico vs Hector Guerrero - Goes 9 minutes for the opener. Mistico wins and they shake hands and hug after the match.

Boogeyman vs Bastion Booger - Goes 3 mintues. Boogeyman wins. After the match Boogeyman makes Bastion Booger eats his worms. In a real twist however, Bastion seemingly enjoys the worms because he is a sick fuck.

Evil Doink and Papa Shango vs Tommy Dreamer and Sandman - Goes 10 minutes. Doink and Shango capitalize on Sandman and Dreamer not getting along.

Bruno Sammartino vs Diamond Dallas Page - Goes 11 minutes. Bruno wins in the end because Bruno.

Jake The Snake Roberts vs Broken Matt Hardy - Goes 14 minutes. Jake is the babyface in the match. Hardy jumps Jake during his entrance and controls the match until Jake hits a desperation DDT. The tides turn, another DDT, Roberts wins the match.

JBL vs The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase - Goes 21 minutes. This match is for the Million Dollar Championship belt as JBL thinks he's the real Million Dollar Man. JBL goes as far as putting up $1,000,000 if he loses. JBL walks out holding a briefcase. During a ref bump JBL gets his briefcase for a cheapshot on Dibiase, but Ted with a kick to the gut and JBL drops the briefcase. Dibiase grabs the case and strikes JBL with it. Ref wakes up and counts the 123. Ted wins, and reveals that there was actually bricks in the briefcase and no cash.

Buddy Rose vs Viscera - Goes 5 minutes. Rose gets on the mic and calls Viscera fat and ugly and says he has no business being in the ring with the Playboy as he is in great shape weighing in a 217 pounds. Viscera squashes Rose.

Goldust vs Gorgeous George - Goes 14 minutes. Pure Glamour and Glitz in this match. Both guys take minutes posing and taking off their robes, wigs and accessories. Pose off in the middle of the ring. Match really begins when Goldust kisses Gorgeous George during the staredown. Both guys are heels here so there is a weird dynamic in the match they also both seem to envy each other. Gorgeous George wins the match and after he begins painting his face gold. Weird.

Jerry Lawler vs Cactus Jack - Match goes 32 minutes for the main event. No holds barred, street fight for the vacant Heavyweight Championship. Cactus Jack brings a garbage can filled with weapons to the ring, he is heel in the match. Halfway through Lawler gets busted open and Cactus controls most of the match savagely beating on Lawler. By the end of the match there is a trashcan, steel steps, steel barricade, chairs, barbed wire bats all used in the match. Most importantly though, the thumbtacks are scattered by Cactus to his own detriment. Lawler gets the upperhand and piledrives Cactus jack into the thumbtacks for the win.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PW History Draft - Round One - Oncall vs Jack Nichols

I'm never a fan and think that for myself , it's a questionable strategy to tell people what's going to happen in the match. I'm always took these looking at a card and picking one to see and if you're going to tell me what happens that takes some of the intrigue out. I think fellow wrestlings fans imagination can be you greatest tool to winning and just spoonfeeding them a bit of your vision if the better route. Not too say that's everyones cup of tea , and Jack clearly has his own vision.

Based on the cards this one is pretty neck and neck for me. I think both main events are stupendous.

The undercards though I think I like Jacks a little more - Oncalls bar room brawl would be a ton of fun but none of the other matchups intrigue me a whole lot compared to Jacks.

Gorgeous George vs Goldust alone would peak my interest just because of how bizarre and fun it would be. JBL vs Ted Dibiase would be fun. I'd enjoy the Schmozz of the tag team match , and Boogey vs Booger would be a wrestlecrap fans dream.

I love some of the potential teams down the line for Jack's as well.

I think I'm voting for @Jack Nichols.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I prefer Oncall's top three matches over Nichols' entire card. That's not to mention the potentially awesome bar room brawl and Jumbo vs Dean!

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm already laughing at @Jack Nichols card, Broken Matt and Jake would be gold. He did leave those vignettes to the imagination. Shango and Doink strangely works as well and the Buddy Rose segment does justice to his character. Cactus and Lawler would tear it down as well. Perhaps with @Oncall's card though we could see the extent of Barrett's "bare knuckle fighting expertise."

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was incredibly tough for me.

On Oncall's card I loved:

Race vs. Haku
    Nakamura vs. Morishimi
    Sheamus vs. Finlay vs. Barrett (Although I think I'd love it a lot more if it were just Sheamus vs. Finlay)

On Jack's card I loved:

Jake Roberts vs. Broken Matt Hardy
    JBL vs. Ted DiBiase
    Gorgeous George vs. Goldust
    Cactus Jack vs. Jerry Lawler

And I really loved the idea of Jack vs. Lawler. So that's why I voted the way I did.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jumbo Tsuruta randomly on the undercard against Dean Malenko just stands out as being so weird to me. Like someone having Ric Flair and chucking him against Koji Kanemoto on the second match of the show.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As we were wrapping up the draft, I tried to hash out some rough ideas for what cards I'd put together with other people's rosters... Jack's was closer to what I was expecting, but both are really pretty far off from what I had in mind. Oncall suffers from some pretty bad mismanagement of big names and his bottom half of the card kinda really falls apart for me. Jack's card, meanwhile, feels like brilliantly executed wrestle crap... but that's kind of a problem too in and of itself, it feels like wrestle crap. He also fatigues me with so many heel vs. heel/face vs. face match-ups. And I think he got the casting for his main event utterly backwards. As good of a fiery face as Lawler could be, his cowardly heel schtick against a face Cactus Jack is definitely the way to go IMO. I'm giving my vote to Oncall by the narrowest of margins.
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PB To be honest, I did have it as Sheamus vs Finlay for a while but as i was making the card, I came to the conclusion that Shane Mcmahon was a terrible pick for the roster I had and I couldn't put him anywhere. I didn't want to use just 18 of my guys so I added Barrett to it.

I'm definitely trying some different things in this draft and with my card. I expect they'll be loved or hated, no real middle ground

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be honest neither card really does anything for me.

I'll have to think about this one.

Banner Credit: Surrender

Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015
    Currently Watching: Blue Exorcist S2, Dragon Ball Super, Tiger Mask W
    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner, 2014 & 2015 Winner)

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strobe View Post
    Jumbo Tsuruta randomly on the undercard against Dean Malenko just stands out as being so weird to me. Like someone having Ric Flair and chucking him against Koji Kanemoto on the second match of the show.
    That did leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth at first but after a bit of thought it didn't bother me so much. I view this as a North American wrestling card. It's not like Tenryu entered the WWF and instantly became a headliner (although reading up on his WWF stint made me realise he was a lot more successful than I assumed). Plus Oncall's roster is pretty star heavy so I'm not offended at Jumbo not being near the top of the card. I think Tsuruta vs Malenko is a pretty solid pairing and they could have a great technical match like Jumbo was doing in the 70s.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cactus Jack vs. Jerry Lawler in their prime, would be worth the cost of admission alone. Jack could have done nothing else, and I most likely would have voted for him.

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither card is my cup of tea, but Nakamura vs Morishima would be amazing, and that alone puts my vote for Oncall.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    @PB To be honest, I did have it as Sheamus vs Finlay for a while but as i was making the card, I came to the conclusion that Shane Mcmahon was a terrible pick for the roster I had and I couldn't put him anywhere. I didn't want to use just 18 of my guys so I added Barrett to it.

I'm definitely trying some different things in this draft and with my card. I expect they'll be loved or hated, no real middle ground
    What? Shane McMahon is a fucking G.

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    What? Shane McMahon is a fucking G.
    He is a fucking G, I won't dispute you on that but he's not really a big bad bar brawler kinda guy. He's more like the crazy motherfucker who will do the crazy shit you mightn't.

I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Oncall's opener and main.

But Jack Nichols' card is much more up my alley and could have been even better. Would rather see Gorgeous George & Goldust and Dibiase/JBL as teams but he still gives us the awesomeness of Doink/Shango vs. Dreamer/Sandman. Jake/Broken Matt would be lots of fun. Bruno/DDP works. The Cactus/Lawler main doesn't appeal to me all that much just because there were so many better options with this card. Still a rather easy vote for Jack here.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the votes peeps! I feel as though my card is superior from top to bottom, and obviously I am biased because its my card.

Although @Oncall had some of my favorite performers of all time. Ricky Steamboat, Dean Malenko are who I think about when Im thinking about true technicians. Harley Race is a bonified badass wrestler. Then Verne Gagne who was always a pleasure to watch after the fact, so smooth in the ring, I actually tried to pick him up before but Oncall snagged him.

I personally think that my card is selling out arenas all over the US. With that said taste is taste and my taste isn't everything.

Hopefully I can pull a New England Patriots here and come back.

Oncall - Nice card and good luck. I like how you gave stipulations to most of your matches, that was something I struggled with hence giving "fan fic" scenarios instead.

Banner Credit: Spike

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yours is pretty good as well @Jack Nichols There'd be no shame in losing to a card of that quality, the main in particular and I also love your use of JBL and Jake

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since i've won, i'm stealing Mick Foley and JBL who will now revert to his APA Bradshaw gimmick.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    Since i've won, i'm stealing Mick Foley and JBL who will now revert to his APA Bradshaw gimmick.
    What about Mick? I was very tempted to put the deranged Mankind on my final card but then decided my card worked better with Cactus Jack. Lets not forget about Dude Love.

Banner Credit: Spike

Thread Information