Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Wrestlemania 33 interesting you guys? Thoughts on the big show.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Wrestlemania 33 interesting you guys? Thoughts on the big show.

Lilslimshady is back!! Man, it's been a long time, but it's Mania' time. I've turned into such a casual, one of those people....I keep in touch most of the year online and watch the best 5-10 minutes per episode, and I'm invested and watch Summerslam. Things are shaping up for Mania' IMO. I'm not loving the card, but I'm definitely liking it. I remember last year with WrestleMania 32, we were disappointed in the card and the results of the show. WrestleMania 31 was very good. WrestleMania 30 was memorable and very enjoyable. I'm just going back the last 3 years. This year looks to be on par with WrestleMania 30 and 31. I understand some of these matches aren't official or confirmed, but let's make some educated guesses here: Shane/AJ looks to be happening. I'm not opposed to it as many on the internet are. I don't think it'll be awesome, but I think it'll be a somewhat fun and enjoyable match. SD women's title invitational will be solid. Raw women's match is shaping up to be entertaining. Raw and SD tag title bout's should be decent. Andre will either be filler or fun. We shall see what happens with Cruiserweights. I'm not too big on the division honestly. My smart markish loving those kinds of matches that were prevalent in ROH 2003-2006 has died off. I can still get into a good match, but that kind of storytelling and digging the Cruiserweights coming off the Indy's, I'm just not super into.

Let's get into the upper part of the card now: Ambrose/Corbin should be a good, quality match that interests me and keeps it throughout the night with awesome near falls and the excitement you'd want in a IC title match at Mania. Jericho/Owens will be an awesome bout' given at least 15-20 minutes. Triple H/Rollins will be all kinds of fantastic. I think it'' be MOTN. Mixed tag will get the job done fulfilling some entertaining and a different kind of match in the middle of a close to 7 hour show from all reports. Not a bathroom break match, but definitely a time to catch my breath and still enjoy it for what it is. Cena is doing this middle of the road match and I gotta' give it to him for really getting away from the main event picture. Taker/Reigns will be awesome. I think it'll be the 2nd best match of the night, with Jericho/Owens being third.

Now, the two World title matches. Bray/Orton will be fun and will keep my attention, but I'm not crazy about it. Goldberg/Brock has the chance to be awesome, if they give it even just 10 minutes. I really don't want to see it go 15-20. I do not want a squash match with Brock crushing Goldberg in a minute. Give em' 10 minutes and let em' throw suplexes, work stiff, throw some haymakers, and I'll be grinning ear to ear. Throw in New Day as hosts, surprise appearances, a concert that I could careless about, HOF segment where they come out, special entrances, video packages, and you have yourself 7 hours including the Pre-show and Main show from 5-Midnight Eastern of what will be WrestleMania 33. I don't think it's going to be a great Mania, but it'll be better than last year and WrestleMania 29 and WrestleMania 27 going back even a few more years. What are you guys expecting? Excited at all? Good to be back on the boards. I'm back until April 3-4 and then I'm peacing out again. I've missed you guys on the boards.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is Wrestlemania 33 interesting you guys? Thoughts on the big show.

The card on paper looks OK. Hopefully it will be better in the ring.

BTW, welcome back, Shady.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never been that big a fan of the Big Show, but can see his worth and place in the WWE. Been a great big wrestler throughout the years. Needs to retire soon though.

As for Wrestlemania, I think it's a great card so far. They've missed a beat here and there (not having Harper in the World title match, making New Day hosts which means an unbearable promo by them, sticking the Universal title on Goldberg, uncertanties around Rollins/ Triple H, lack of direction for Zayn, Joe, Strowman etc), but otherwise they've built it up great. The top world title has a program that has been built since September last year! The US and IC title have meaningful feuds that have been built well. The women will be represented immensly in 3 big matches (SD & Raw titles and the mixed tag), the Undertaker has a good program for the first time since 2013, Cena isn't hogging a major match and instead on the undercard, the CW divison has finally kick started, and AJ Styles is getting used massively against a McMahon. All in all they've made huge improvements from last year, and the show can only be good considering everyone involved and the match ups.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's better than last year for sure. Nice to see a bit of old guard vs. new guard, nice to have a world title program that has genuine story behind it, plus the card from a performance standpoint looks as though it could have a few great matches on it.

I wish Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar weren't the main event but I'm not stupid and understand why it is. Other than that it looks good.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    It's better than last year for sure. Nice to see a bit of old guard vs. new guard, nice to have a world title program that has genuine story behind it, plus the card from a performance standpoint looks as though it could have a few great matches on it.

I wish Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar weren't the main event but I'm not stupid and understand why it is. Other than that it looks good.
    I still have a feeling that Goldberg and Brock will be put in the middle of the show, with perhaps Roman and Taker closing it.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only matches on the card that are almost guaranteed to suck complete ass is Shane Mcmahon vs AJ Styles and Lesnar vs Goldberg. Other than that, this Wrestlemania should actually be pretty interesting and a complete wrestling cinematic experience.

Def looking forward to the womens championship triple threat, Orton vs Wyatt, Reigns and Taker, Owens and Jericho.

On a side note: I really hope Reigns doesn't come out wearing basketball shoes to wrestle Taker.
    Last edited by mx518; 03-14-2017 at 04:16 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roman and Taker should close the show. It's not worth putting it on two or three matches before the last and having Roman win because the crowd will never recover and the rest of the show will suffer for it, as the crowd will shit on the rest of the show even if the rest of the matches are good.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Goldberg vs Lesnar might get rejected by the audience if it's in the main event slot. They should stick it mid-show. But what should go on last? I say Undertaker vs Roman Reigns.
    There is nothing you can Cell... not even Waters!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The card is disappointing to me, a guy who is kind of growing out of wrestling and just clinging to the few who were around when i was a kid (Taker, Jericho etc), although i'll admit i'm blown away by Styles. But all of them are in undesirable bookings to me, designed to put the younger guys over. It's kind of like they want to remind me it's time to move on

Also because of this, and the inexplicable Styles-McMahon match and the Lesnar so obvious revenge, i don't think i've ever seen a Mania with such predictable outcomes. "Give em what they expect but not how they expect it," that can go off well with a drawn out split in a quirky fashion like Jericho-Owens, but in the ring? In a 7 minute tops match like Gberg? With an Undertaker who could barely walk at the RR "doing the favor" against a face that's so hated? Gonna be damn tough to not draw major boos at this one

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CellWaters View Post
    I think Goldberg vs Lesnar might get rejected by the audience if it's in the main event slot. They should stick it mid-show. But what should go on last? I say Undertaker vs Roman Reigns.
    Agree but Reigns who is already a terrible face will get destroyed by the crowd for being the one to retire Taker. Do you want that at the end? But yeah, G-berg and Lesnar after what went down at 20 and with it being so obvious again how this match will play out, is also risky. Obviously you can't put Styles at the end due to his opponent, and the SM title match is just not over. To me this just screams bad booking all around

Quote Originally Posted by Dukezilla View Post
    Roman and Taker should close the show. It's not worth putting it on two or three matches before the last and having Roman win because the crowd will never recover and the rest of the show will suffer for it, as the crowd will shit on the rest of the show even if the rest of the matches are good.
    Yeah probably best of a bad situation. That's a very cynical way to close the show (reminds me of WM 23 which i was at), but you're absolutely right

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

Not at all. Roman vs. Undertaker? Nope. AJ vs. Shane McMahon? Nope. Bray Wyatt losing another big match? Nope. Nikki Bella's soon-to-be fiance vs. Maryse Oullett's husband? I'm not a fan of Total Divas. New Day HOSTING? Get the fuck out. Nothing about Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg interests me, no matter how hard Paul Heyman tries to sell it.

I want nothing to do with this Wrestlemania. Zero. None. Nothing.

Peace out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It intrigues me , because it's going to be a shocker of a great show or a fucking train wreck depending on which way the WWE decides to go with it. I don't think there are any complete stinkers on the card and my biggest gripe is that Braun still doesn't have a place on the card and is more than likely going to be in the ATG battle royal and that IMO is a waste.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It intrigues me , because it's going to be a shocker of a great show or a fucking train wreck depending on which way the WWE decides to go with it. I don't think there are any complete stinkers on the card and my biggest gripe is that Braun still doesn't have a place on the card and is more than likely going to be in the ATG battle royal and that IMO is a waste.
    I am curious, what makes you think Lesnar and Goldberg will not be a train wreck and a complete stinker?

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    No.

Not at all. Roman vs. Undertaker? Nope. AJ vs. Shane McMahon? Nope. Bray Wyatt losing another big match? Nope. Nikki Bella's soon-to-be fiance vs. Maryse Oullett's husband? I'm not a fan of Total Divas. New Day HOSTING? Get the fuck out. Nothing about Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg interests me, no matter how hard Paul Heyman tries to sell it.

I want nothing to do with this Wrestlemania. Zero. None. Nothing.

Peace out.
    Taker and Reigns should be somewhat entertaining.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watch because it's WM but doesn't feel like WM. Most of the card looks brutal aside from a few matches. And New Day is hosting. Summerslam might truly be the new Wrestlemania.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll watch most of the show. I'm not particularly enthused about any of the matches but on such a big show the chances of a match exceeding expectations is quite high. I expect HHH/Rollins to be the best match, but Taker/Reigns could be a show stealer if Taker is still up to the task.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steellord123 View Post
    Agree but Reigns who is already a terrible face will get destroyed by the crowd for being the one to retire Taker. Do you want that at the end? But yeah, G-berg and Lesnar after what went down at 20 and with it being so obvious again how this match will play out, is also risky. Obviously you can't put Styles at the end due to his opponent, and the SM title match is just not over. To me this just screams bad booking all around

Yeah probably best of a bad situation. That's a very cynical way to close the show (reminds me of WM 23 which i was at), but you're absolutely right
    I think Reigns getting booed after ending the Undertaker's career is exactly how they should end Wrestlemania.
    There is nothing you can Cell... not even Waters!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now I think the card is garbage outside of Aries/Neville. If Sami gets a match & Uso face American Alpha that will give me two more matches to look forward to, so we will see. Oh, & hopefully Ambrose/Corbin is added & gets a stipulation.

Reason I hate the card:

- Don't like triple threats
    - SD Women's title match will be a mess
    - Goldberg/Lesnar will be short or garbage
    - AJ is being wasted
    - Mixed tag is only being used as a prop for post match stuff
    - Over HHH & Undertaker matches
    - If Jericho couldn't have an above average match with AJ, no reason to expect he will with Owens
    - No reason to care about ATG Battle Royal
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SM? Never heard you hold that mixed tag reasoning against your favourite match of all time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strobe View Post
    @SM? Never heard you hold that mixed tag reasoning against your favourite match of all time.
    True, but this just seems more transparent. However, I only experienced the WM 7 build in real time as a little kid, so I could be off base. Also, the mixed tag match before the post match stuff will probably be pretty mediocre, so it will seem more like a prop for the post match. However, it could surprise me & change my opinion.

That may come off hypocritical, but I don't know. You may have swayed me to rethink this.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SM? View Post
    True, but this just seems more transparent. However, I only experienced the WM 7 build in real time as a little kid, so I could be off base. Also, the mixed tag match before the post match stuff will probably be pretty mediocre, so it will seem more like a prop for the post match. However, it could surprise me & change my opinion.

That may come off hypocritical, but I don't know. You may have swayed me to rethink this.
    I was just taking the piss more than anything! Warrior/Savage had been feuding since the October and I'm fairly sure Liz wasn't seen prior to Mania itself. This mixed tag is definitely very different, since Cena/Nikki are a reality TV couple more than a wrestling show couple and this does seem relatively out of nowhere as a match.

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't lie, I can't say that the end product that is shaping up to be the final card is anything too offensive. Yes, it has been pretty dire in places getting there, but there's potential there for a good Wrestlemania. While it is far from a purists dream, it's trying its best to be as spectacularly Wrestlemania as possible, and at the very least it should provide a few fun filled never to be watched again hours. I'm definitely more looking forward to the post Mania Raw, though, tbh. If whoever wins the main event gets out of Raw with the Universal Championship, we could get a Mania to SummerSlam with a part time champ, and that didn't really sit well with anyone. Obviously I'm prepared for the worst. I've seen nothing to suggest that Goldberg is going away any time soon. Big chance that he'll be champ up until the day he leaves.
    Last edited by KashDinero; 03-16-2017 at 04:17 AM.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll watch because it's WrestleMania, but honestly, as the card stands now, I'm not looking forward to the majority of the matches. Aries/Neville, Owens/Jericho, and the two women's championship matches are the only ones that I have any interest in.

Banner Credit: Surrender

Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015
    Currently Watching: Blue Exorcist S2, Dragon Ball Super, Tiger Mask W
    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner, 2014 & 2015 Winner)

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a pretty mediocre looking card, but sometimes things can pleasantly surprise when your expectations are so low

Wrestle Kingdom it isn't gonna be, but it could be a decent show

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm loving this card. They got a bit of everything. They got 2 megastars v each other in Goldberg v Brock, a current star v another megastar in Reigns v Taker, 3 really big personal feuds (Rollins v HHH, Jericho v Owens & Orton v Wyatt), 2 matches with massive car crash potential (AJ v Shane & Dean v Corbin), Cena & Miz mixed tag should be fun both, women's matches should be good, Braun possibly dominating Battle Royal & great cruiser action with Neville v Aries. They got a great mix throughout the card. IMO the strongest Mania card in atleast the last 5 years. Getting more pumped by the day for almost every single match. Hard not to be excited for this card

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's go over in more detail

Goldberg vs Brock - there's not much to say. It's going to be 2 minutes or it's going to be terrible

Roman vs Taker - Taker is not what he was, and nobody likes Roman. Guy gets X Pac heat in almost every town and nobody wants to see him rammed even further down our throats as "THE guy". This is not Ted Dibiase heat, it's "for fuck sake just stop shovelling him down our throats and fuck off" heat.

Seth vs HHH - I'm so over HHH at this point, and Seth is going to be rusty. It could still be decent but I don't expect anything great

Owens Vs Jericho - Good storyline, and hopefully they make it a brawl. It could be great or it could disappoint like AJ matches did. Could go either way, but it's the first thing I am actually looking forward to a bit

Shane vs AJ - Much like Owens Jericho, this could either be really bad or a fun car crash. We shall see

Neville vs Aries - as long as it's given time, there's no way this isn't awesome

Raw Tag Titles - Who gives a fuck

Smackdown Women's - Who gives a fuck

ATG Battle Royale - Who gives a fuck

Ambrose vs Corbin - Could be decent but will probably be your average Smackdown match

Raw Womens - Nia is so getting added which decreases my interest ten fold

Overall, it's got potential from really bad to decent
    Last edited by HilaryFan; 03-16-2017 at 08:05 AM.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Thread Information