Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Wrestlemania 33 interesting you guys? Thoughts on the big show.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is Wrestlemania 33 interesting you guys? Thoughts on the big show.

I love the card, each match has a good story behind it which is the way it should be. The card on paper a few months back looked average at best, but the way they have built up each match has me really looking forward to it.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest problem with Wrestlemania is that I just can't devote that much time to a wrestling show. It's so fucking long. I will almost definitely end up downloading the show the next day and just watching the matches I'm remotely interested in, or at the very least, just watching the end to see the finish.

I want to watch Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho and I want to see how Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt plays out. That's really all I care about out of a 4+ hour show.

AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon has no real story behind it so I don't give a shit. If I hear the match is entertaining I might watch it. Maybe.

The main event is going to be quick and entertaining or long and terrible. Those are your options.

Triple H vs Seth Rollins should have happened a year ago and I could care less at this point.

Undertaker vs Roman Reigns is just going to make me angry no matter the outcome so I'm avoiding anything to do with that match.

I don't even know what the rest of the card is and I can't be bothered to look it up because I don't care.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Triple H vs Seth Rollins should have happened a year ago and I could care less at this point.
    You mean when Seth legitimately had his knee broken as opposed to kayfabe?

Mindless comment. I'd have even given you it if you had just said 'last year' or, more specifically, 'Summerslam'... but there really hasn't been an ideal opportunity to have this match until now for precisely the reason that he got injured, save for cramming it on the Royal Rumble or Survivor Series undercard.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CellWaters View Post
    I think Reigns getting booed after ending the Undertaker's career is exactly how they should end Wrestlemania.
    And yet on Raw the next day they will try to push Reigns as a face as always. Cena 2.0 like i said. As i was at wrestlemania 23, i can tell you how pissed people were that he beat HBK and so predictably. A face that's hated for beating everyone's favorite wrestlers is asinine

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly can't wait for Wrestlemania. I think there are a lot of good things going on in the WWE right now, and if you look at the current card and other potential matches, I think this show could go down as one of the best Wrestlemania's ever.

Obviously, I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but when you break down the card, there are a lot of good matches and storylines going into Mania.

I don't expect Goldberg and Lesnar to be anything special as far as a wrestling classic. Goldberg can't do much but I'm still interested to see what they do with this match as far as the storyline goes. We all expect Lesnar to win, but I'm still curious as to how it will happen. I don't expect a 20 minute match, but I don't expect a squash match either. This match has me curious, and I know I won't have many people that agree with that.

Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton. This has potential to be great and maybe we will finally get to see Bray Wyatt as a consistent main event superstar. The current storyline reminds me of some attitude era stuff, and I'm glad they are trying to do swerves and whatnot, even though we still knew Orton would be facing Bray. I think this match could be great.

Bayley/Sasha Banks/Charlotte.....I'll admit, up until recently (maybe about 6 months ago) I was not a huge fan of the women's division. I'm not sure why. I was never into the "eye candy" aspect and drooling over my TV because some sexy women are wrestling around. I was never into that, and admittedly, I never really gave the women's division a chance. When I would watch Raw or Smackdown, I would fast forward through the women's matches. I didn't necessarily think they were bad wrestlers, I just wasn't interested in the women's division. I would occasionally watch the PPV women's matches, depending on the match and participants. However, I slowly got into the women's division recently and I think they have a lot of great, talented women wrestlers. I watch all of it now and I can say my opinion of the division is entirely different than it was. There are a lot of good matches on the card, so it's hard to say what will stand out when it's all said and done, but I think this match could be just as great as any other match on the card. It will be interesting to see how the three of them work together in a triple threat match. This is another match I'm looking forward to.

Alexa Bliss against the Smackdown women's roster.....This match I am kinda on the fence about, but it's still generating curiosity. I think Alexa Bliss is annoying, but in a good way I guess? This match could be an all out clusterfuck, and if that's the case, it probably won't be a good match. As far as the match goes, I'm curious as to what will happen and if there will be any surprise entrants in the match. I think Bliss will probably lose the title, but I wonder if it will be a debuting wrestler who wins the match?

Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns.....I really don't like Roman and Taker is one of my favorite wrestlers ever. They are clearly pushing Roman as the next top guy, or it would seem as if they are planning on using Roman as the next top guy in the near future. Apparently, Vince has also wanted this match for awhile. This leads me to believe that Roman will beat Taker. Saying "It looks like Roman is going to beat Taker at Wrestlemania" does not sound like something I want to admit, however, I think there are ways that they can pull it off successfully....I don't want Roman to beat Taker, but I understand that it will probably happen and I understand that there are reasons why it will happen. I think Taker could bring out a great match in Roman, and I think Vince is going to want to "pass the torch" so to speak. I think they should have Roman struggle against Taker, and finally beat him by CHEATING and having a full heel turn. The fans are already booing Roman, and having him beat Taker will not gain any new fans. I think he will get even more over as a heel if he were to beat Taker by cheating after struggling to get the victory. I don't know if this will happen, but I am curious as to what will happen and I can honestly say that this might be the FIRST time I've ever been "excited" for a Roman Reigns match.

Cena/Bella against Miz/Maryse....I'm not a big Miz fan and I can't say I'm super excited about this match. However, I am still interested because of the rumors about Cena proposing to Bella during the show. That would be memorable and I'm interested to see if anything happens with that.

Jericho/Owens....this is one of the matches that could steal the show. Jericho continues to prove why he is one of the best ever and Owens continues to prove why he is going to be one of the best for years to come. He's one of the future stars of the company and I expect him to beat Jericho for the United States Championship at Wrestlemania. Jericho is in one of the best runs of his career and I have no doubt in my mind that him and Owens are going to tear the house down at Wrestlemania. I think this match and HHH/Rollins are the two matches I am most looking forward to. This is a great example of how you can build a lot of anticipation for a match if you let a feud/storyline build over time.

Neville/Aries...I was actually surprised when Austin Aries got involved with the Cruiserweight Championship. I think it's cool to see him in the WWE. I figured he'd start wrestling sooner than later, but he jumped right into the title picture. I think this is going to be a good match, but I think it's one of those matches that might not be talked about as much because of some of the other names on the card, and due to the fact that there are going to be 12-15 matches on the card when it is finalized.

Raw Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Match.....This match will also probably get lost in the shuffle, and the tag team division isn't exactly strong right now. However, I think it would be cool to see Enzo and Cass walk out with the titles at Wrestlemania. Sheamus and Cesaro seem to be just "there" right now and Gallows/Anderson (in my opinion) lost a lot of there steam before they finally won the tag titles. The tag team division is kinda weak in my opinion right now, but I think it would be cool to see Enzo and Cass win at Mania. I could see this match opening the show with Enzo hyping the crowd up.

Andre The Giant Battle Royal....not much to say here, but battle royals are always fun. Sometimes they help build feuds/storylines or hint at upcoming feuds. I hope they use the winner and try to give them a push after the victory. I think winning the Andre The Giant Battle Royal should mean something other than a trophy. They should use it as a start to push a wrestler.

OTHER MATCHES UNCONFIRMED:
    Styles/Shane
    Ambrose/Corbin
    HHH/Rollins

Styles and Shane doesn't sound that great on paper, at least in my opinion. 10-15 years ago it would probably be a dream/fantasy match. However, I think AJ Styles could have a five-star match with a pillow. Shane McMahon has been known to go all out, and it's Wrestlemania time. Just look at what he did last year, at 46 years old, jumping off the top of the hell in a cell. Styles/Shane doesn't sound great to me, but when I actually think about the two wrestlers and the possibilities behind the match, this could turn out to be something amazing. I almost feel like there should be a Street Fight or No Holds Barred stipulation to add to the match, but....

....I think Amrbose/Corbin should have a Street Fight or No Holds Barred stipulation. They've been brawling backstage and into the crowds and whatnot, and there doesn't seem to be any other stipulation matches on the card yet. Why not put Corbin and Ambrose in a Street Fight? I think the two of them could do a lot and it would accommodate both of their styles in a different way. I don't really like Corbin, but they've still managed to build this feud up to something very enjoyable. I would like to see them add a stipulation to this, but even if they don't, I think this match has potential to be good.

HHH/Rollins....this is the other match I am most looking forward to along with Owens/Jericho. I think they have done a great job building up this match to a Wrestlemania conclusion, and I think the match will be nothing short of amazing. Rollins is one of the WWE's top stars in the future, and I think HHH and Rollins are going to have a classic Wrestlemania match.

Overall I can't wait for Wrestlemania. I know not everyone is going to agree with me, but I think there are a lot of matches that have potential to be great and I like a lot of the storylines and feuds that they have going on right now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goldberg and Lesnar, I'm kind of expecting them to book it that Lesnar beats Goldberg faster than he lost to Goldberg at SS. Goldberg tries the spear, Lesnar anticipates it and turns it into an F'5 and pins him for the title.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all the people bitching about the show being to long...yes it is too long I agree with you but unless your going to the show live there is a simple solution...hit the pause button and come back to the show later. Problem solved. Quit trying to make a problem out of nothing. I do it with Raw damn near every week and it's half as long as this show is going to be.

I'm kind of luke warm on mania again this year. I'm more into this years mania as opposed to last year on paper.

Goldberg vs. Brock: I have a feeling this will close the show and frankly looking at what else is in the card, it should. With that said, unless wwe swerves us and has Brock get destroyed again, I see no way Brock loses this thing and we are left without a champion on Raw until Summerslam probably which isn't going to help things. So either outcomes leads us to a place I don't think we want to be so it's hard to get too excited for this. What i'm most interested in seeing is if they just have Brock squash him or if they put on an actual match that gets booed out of the building. Goldberg was never known as the greatest worker without a great wrestler to make him look good, nobody goes into a match with Brock Lesnar and comes out the better for it(with the exception of the goldberg squash)

Orton vs. Bray:
    This has a long build but it's between Bray who I've never quite got the appeal of, and Orton who i'm only halfway into right now. I'm just luke warm on this one but hopefully WWE stays the course and doesn't continue on with Brays defeated streak at wrestlemania. He needs this win or his cred he's built up has been flushed. I hope this is leading to some Bray face turn, I think they have gone as far as they can go with heel wyatt.

AJ vs. Shane:
    I'm already bummed they stuck AJ with another old man at a wrestlemania, this time it's one who barely ever competes. With that said, AJ can get a good match out of anybody and of course since Shane is involved i'm sure it will be under street fight rules where Shane can work best. I think this match will actually be pretty good...as long as wwe doesn't do something crazy and have shane win. ugh. However I don't understand it when people say this storyline doesn't have much on it...have you been watching SD? Styles has been in his mind getting screwed over by wwe management for months, it's been boiling all this time and having to defend the spot he earned against Orton and to lose it was the final straw and he snapped and went after Shane. It's not like one day he just beat up shane for the hell of it, this has been bubbling on smackdown for awhile.

Undertaker vs. Roman:
    This is actually the match i'm most intrigued by because I really have no idea who wwe is going to have go over. I mean on paper Roman should go over but this is Undertaker so I just don't know. The match itself...I don't know. Taker looked like a wheezing old man against Shane but of course shane is also a wheezing old man so what was I to expect. I think this ends up being match of the night.

Cena/Bella vs. Miz/Maryse:
    Meh, I think the storyline has been fun however the women being involved in the match kind of kill it for me. I don't think Cena can kick it into that next gear he goes into when the ladies are going to be in there to slow things down. I see no reason for Cena and Nikki to lose this thing. I'm just kind of meh on this one, feels like Cena really got wasted this year. I would have much rather of seen another Styles/Cena encounter and thrown Miz in the mix with Shane.

Ambrose vs. Corbin:
    This angle had a lot on it in the beginning but it feels like it's dropped off in a huge way. Hopefully they can put this on the right track and put a bit more on it before mania.

Cesaro/Sheamus vs. Enzo/Cas vs. Gallows/Anderson:
    This has show opener written all over it as it should. I think it will be a good match and I think Enzo and Cas finally win the big one.

Jericho vs. Owens:
    This no doubt has the most on it from a story perspective and I've enjoyed it so much. I could see Jericho winning it here only to lose to Owens at the next show and then one final 2/3 falls match down the line to end the feud. I'm not sure where Jericho's head is at in regards to post mania though. I know right now he pretty much just works a month to month kind of a deal with the WWE. Anyways I think this will be a solid match.

Bliss against the World:
    I get the feeling this will be a battle royal for time reasons. Yeah whatever, not much interest.

Womens triple threat:
    I'm into this because firstly I think it will be a great match and second I really have no idea who will win this one. I can legit see all 3 women having a case to be made to walk out champ. WWE loves them some Charlotte and they clearly want to give her as many title runs as possible just like papa Ric so I can see it happening where she wins at mania again. Bailey getting a mania moment would be sweet and she can continue her underdog status title run. WWE has been sorta hinting at a possible heel turn, I think her winning this year could be the start of it, plus she needs the mania moment that should have been hers last year.

HHH vs. Rollins:
    Has it been confirmed that this match is happening? I mean Seth was moving around pretty damn good on Raw, it seems foolish to risk the guys health in a spot if the match wasn't going to happen. I mean I think we all know they will have a confrontation that will lead to a fight and Rollins comes out on top. No matter what the situation, Rollins needs to come out on top. Whatever the situation i'm much more into this feud than I was Roman vs. HHH from last year.

Andre the giants battle Royal:
    Meh, give it harper. I mean what else is there to say? It's a fucking battle royal.

Aries vs. Neville: Should be an awesome match...that I think will get short changed because of time. Remember this is only like an 7 hour show.
    Last edited by vendrell; 03-19-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Thread Information