Thread: So is it Ethical to support TNA now?

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So is it Ethical to support TNA now?

I wanted other opinions before I made my own.

Is it Ethical to support TNA? Watch it? Buy tickets? Buy Merchandise or PPVs?

Obviously the Hardy situation is the only one that would make me wonder.

Seems like it's their fault the Hardys left. I don't blame them. Logistics being what they are, they couldn't transfer over the infrastructure in place from one company to the next. So the contracts didn't get there soon enough.

The Hardys walked. It happens. It was Anthems fault but I doubt many other companies would have done better. It was a hectic situation I'm sure.

But now the lawsuit, and especially the tasteless way they wrote the Hardys off. (Not to mention non-sensical.)

Is it ethical to support this company? It would be a shame to walk away now after they seem to be doing so many things right. The SHow has an energizing and positive envirorment. I suspect the company is on the right track, finally.

But fair is fair. Should we support this company or are they gonna turn out to be another WWE?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: So is it Ethical to support TNA now?

Yes its ethical to support Impact Wresting. When the Hardy's contract came up for renewal Anthem had the right to resign for what they felt they were worth or not sign them. Just like when the Hardy's became free agents they had to option to sign with whoever they wanted. Things do not always work out. It's business.

If Anthem owns the rights to the "broken" character they are doing nothing wrong.

My best advise don't over think it. If you are a wrestling fan just enjoy it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the ethics of it all because I wasn't a fly on the wall but I really doubt TNA owns the broken character it seems to be Matt's brain child. Even if it is TNA's property what's the harm of the Hardy's keeping the rights to the characters? does TNA need any more bad press?

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethically? Meaning, is it morally good or correct to support TNA?

Avoid trying to convolute the point you're making - should we support TNA?

The answer is, no.

No, we should not support TNA. Yet. They need to win the fans back. If we all jump on the bandwagon because Dixie is out and Jarrett is back in, what will it solve? Nothing. They need to first produce a product worth investing in. They need to lock some stuff down, some vision, some direction, some leadership - something they company has lacked for a long time, and some professionalism - leave the backstage bullshit, politics behind the scenes and do something.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by body slam View Post
    Yes its ethical to support Impact Wresting. When the Hardy's contract came up for renewal Anthem had the right to resign for what they felt they were worth or not sign them. Just like when the Hardy's became free agents they had to option to sign with whoever they wanted. Things do not always work out. It's business.

If Anthem owns the rights to the "broken" character they are doing nothing wrong.

My best advise don't over think it. If you are a wrestling fan just enjoy it.
    I don't know, nobody ever got hurt by over thinking something. Under thinking on the other hand ...

But good point, Anthem may very well own the broken character. A point others have not brought up that much.

I would point out, however, that I dont' have a problem with negoations breaking down and I don't think anybody should ever be insulted by a contract offer.

It's more the way they wrote them off TV, so disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I don't know about the ethics of it all because I wasn't a fly on the wall but I really doubt TNA owns the broken character it seems to be Matt's brain child. Even if it is TNA's property what's the harm of the Hardy's keeping the rights to the characters? does TNA need any more bad press?
    Yeah, I agree. It seems like a shitty thing to do especially when you consider what Matt has done for them, the situation that led to them leaving, and the horrible reputation and conditions of TNA WResgtling.
    Quote Originally Posted by nath45 View Post
    Ethically? Meaning, is it morally good or correct to support TNA?

Avoid trying to convolute the point you're making - should we support TNA?

The answer is, no.

No, we should not support TNA. Yet. They need to win the fans back. If we all jump on the bandwagon because Dixie is out and Jarrett is back in, what will it solve? Nothing. They need to first produce a product worth investing in. They need to lock some stuff down, some vision, some direction, some leadership - something they company has lacked for a long time, and some professionalism - leave the backstage bullshit, politics behind the scenes and do something.
    It looks like they're really getting the direction down. The TV show seems really good. It's more the ethical stuff I'm worried about.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TNA? What is this TNA you all speak of?

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget about the Eli Drake/Jeff Jarrett altercation regarding the shoot last week.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget about the Eli Drake/Jeff Jarrett altercation regarding the shoot last week.

I'm not familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    TNA? What is this TNA you all speak of?

That's another thing. Why can't they change the companies name if they want to? How2 hard is that?

I mean, they say TNA is the "Old company" and yet it's still on their titles and it's still their promo code for their fantasty draft sponsorship and everybody keeps calling it TNA.

They can't simply call it Impact Wrestling because that's the name of TNA's TV show people don't really get that it's a change. They just think that people are talking about their TV show, not a new company.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    I'm not familiar.

That's another thing. Why can't they change the companies name if they want to? How2 hard is that?

I mean, they say TNA is the "Old company" and yet it's still on their titles and it's still their promo code for their fantasty draft sponsorship and everybody keeps calling it TNA.

They can't simply call it Impact Wrestling because that's the name of TNA's TV show people don't really get that it's a change. They just think that people are talking about their TV show, not a new company.
    Source: PWInsider

PWInsider.com is reporting that several wrestlers backstage were upset at the latest Impact Wrestling tapings with the company taking shots at the previous regime, feeling like it was also insulting everyone that was there, including the roster.

Eli Drake reportedly confronted Jeff Jarrett over this, and the two were said to have had a conversation that was not described "as getting ugly." Drake was said to have voiced some of the frustrations that the locker room was having, feeling like they were being disrespected despite sticking with the company through all of the problems that they had last year. Drake reportedly also spoke with Bruce Prichard.
    It was noted that the shots at the former regime on tonight's Impact Wrestling were meant to be aimed at the former management team, i.e. Dixie Carter. It was meant to be a way for the company to distance themselves going forward without having to do a reboot.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most big businesses do unethical stuff all the time. It just how badly it angers you to decide if you want to support them or not. I believe a good wrestling company would probably have rights to characters made on there show. Knowing how TNA has done businesss in the past they probably don't have rights to the characters.
    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Friend of Jericho. Saffron Warrior's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say no. The general way they are heading has really put me off. They had already lost me after the whole Hardy situation and the way they chose to deal with it which was highly unprofessional and disrespectful but even other than that they are just turning out to be a bunch of of petty people high on power. Such a shame though because with such a locker room full of talent I would have really wanted to support this company.

You're talking to god! CarlitoCool9111's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PWInsider.com is reporting that several wrestlers backstage were upset at the latest Impact Wrestling tapings with the company taking shots at the previous regime, feeling like it was also insulting everyone that was there, including the roster.

Eli Drake reportedly confronted Jeff Jarrett over this, and the two were said to have had a conversation that was not described "as getting ugly." Drake was said to have voiced some of the frustrations that the locker room was having, feeling like they were being disrespected despite sticking with the company through all of the problems that they had last year. Drake reportedly also spoke with Bruce Prichard.
    It was noted that the shots at the former regime on tonight's Impact Wrestling were meant to be aimed at the former management team, i.e. Dixie Carter. It was meant to be a way for the company to distance themselves going forward without having to do a reboot.
    I can easily see this turning into an on air storyline where Eli Drake and others are against the way the new regime runs things and they fued with an pro Anthem ownership stable. The way Bruce Pritchard completed ignored everything EC3 said about getting a title shot and giving Alberto Del Rio errr, I mean El Patron the title shot vs Bobby Lashley I can see him joining Drake in it.
    Austin Aries> CM Punk

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would assume if any talent actually feels that way, they're taking it the wrong way.

TNA is absolutely in the right to call out past management and acknowledge, finally, that the show was awful and the company was awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    Most big businesses do unethical stuff all the time. It just how badly it angers you to decide if you want to support them or not. I believe a good wrestling company would probably have rights to characters made on there show. Knowing how TNA has done businesss in the past they probably don't have rights to the characters.
    I don't think that's true. I think there are so many big businesses who's actions go unchecked that it's easy to say most big businesses are terrible but I dion't think that's true.

I think most businesses are ethical as far as the law goes. EVen beyond the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlitoCool9111 View Post
    I can easily see this turning into an on air storyline where Eli Drake and others are against the way the new regime runs things and they fued with an pro Anthem ownership stable. The way Bruce Pritchard completed ignored everything EC3 said about getting a title shot and giving Alberto Del Rio errr, I mean El Patron the title shot vs Bobby Lashley I can see him joining Drake in it.
    God I hope not. The good guy wrestlers can't be seen as on the same side as Dixie Carter.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone needs to challenge these wrestling companies over their "trademarking" of characters etc. First of all, unless Matt specifically sold the "Broken" character to TNA, they can not legally trademark it. It is someone else's intellectual property. However, it doesn't stop companies from trying all the time. The NFL and the Saints tried to trademark"Who Dat" and the Fleur De Lis(the symbol on the Saints helmet) They bullied some shops into pulling merchandise etc. However, when some local attorneys found out, they had to put their tail between their legs and back off like cowards. The Who Dat trademark goes way back and there is a lot of debate on who owns it but one thing everyone knows is that the Saints didn't create it. If anyone deserves a copyright it would be the radio stations that played the original "who dat" song. Them trying to copyright the fleur de lis is even more funny as that goes back hundreds of years to when New Orleans belonged to the French.

Anyway, these companies always want their cake and eat it to. The WWE gives wrestlers names that sound like their real names and then proceed to use past achievements of the real person playing their character. That should disqualify them from owning 100% of the character. If they completely made up a past for all the wrestlers like Kane and Undertaker than ok. However, if you would like to use Titus O'Neill's national championships at Florida to build his "character" then use the damn name he played football under.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rose Mary has been allowed to use the character elsewhere. I wonder what's different about her situation compared to the Hardy's?

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rose Mary has been allowed to use the character elsewhere. I wonder what's different about her situation compared to the Hardy's?
    Well Rosemary is still with the company right? So there's that.

But I'd be surprised if they didn't let her use her name anyway. She's not the kind of money that the Broken Matt Hardy is.

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mainstream success.

Thread Information