Thread: Crazy theory: WWE hates Roman Reigns

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Crazy theory: WWE hates Roman Reigns

What I said in the other thread pertains to this discussion as well: http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...30#post4431330

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubt WWE hates Reigns given how strongly they're pushing him as the man. More like they refuse to see how it isn't working.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    I don't disagree they want a "reaction," but the WWE does have clear heels. The reaction argument/direction has just become an excuse to the fact the WWE is terrible at booking/developing new baby faces.
    Agreed. The "he gets a reaction" thing is a crutch when they're not getting the reaction that you want. I don't doubt that it's a crutch they're fine with having, and there is merit to it. Nobody really likes the New England Patriots, but they're on national TV every week and people watch and root one way or another.

I just don't see how it's translating to legitimate business. How many people watch Raw thinking "I want to see what Roman Reigns does this week?" I think he's a spoke on the wheel who they're trying to sell as the engine, and if the car still runs, they can keep saying "ROMAN'S MAKING THE CAR RUN!"

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This theory makes no sense. "The WWE hates Roman Reigns so they will constantly keep him in the main event". Yeah that makes no sense.

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the fact that so many people would hate it if Roman retired Taker is exactly why he should. It's the optical result of that match & Roman's worthy of that big spot. They should do whatever creates the most attention & that's Roman retiring Taker

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    I don't disagree they want a "reaction," but the WWE does have clear heels. The reaction argument/direction has just become an excuse to the fact the WWE is terrible at booking/developing new baby faces
    It's harder to book a face nowadays when so many more people are rooting for the villain. I think it's way more of a crowd issue then booking. And I don't think everybody has to be clearly defined face or heel. Mixture can work & I think it works well for Roman

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Agreed. The "he gets a reaction" thing is a crutch when they're not getting the reaction that you want. I don't doubt that it's a crutch they're fine with having, and there is merit to it. Nobody really likes the New England Patriots, but they're on national TV every week and people watch and root one way or another.

I just don't see how it's translating to legitimate business. How many people watch Raw thinking "I want to see what Roman Reigns does this week?" I think he's a spoke on the wheel who they're trying to sell as the engine, and if the car still runs, they can keep saying "ROMAN'S MAKING THE CAR RUN!"
    I think Roman gets way more people watching then anybody else except for Cena. Whether those people watch him to root for him to win or fail it's helping him. He certainly translates more business then say Kevin Owens or Dean Ambrose would. I don't think I'd say he's making it run, but he plays a huge part in making the car run as well as it does

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

Friend of Jericho. Saffron Warrior's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't this what everybody has been saying? Make Roman more edgy and a borderline heel for the buildup to this match and turn into a full blown heel during or after the match. But I doubt it is going to happen. Even if they want Roman as the face of the company it would make more sense to turn him heel right now just to cut the audience hostility and turn him back later on when the fans become more accepting.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Roman brings in more viewers than anyone except Cena"

Do you have any evidence to back this up? I seem to recall the ratings were shite when he was top dog

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If booked properly, I think Styles has a better chance out of anybody at replacing Cena as the face of the company. Though it is kind of ironic because Cena, for the longest time, has been the victim of the absolute worst creative in history and yet he still managed it very well. But that's irrelevant from this discussion.

I love Roman but Styles literally has it all. Styles has every aspect of the IT factor that should theoretically be necessary to be in a league of his own, main eventing consecutive Manias and Summerslams, selling out merchandise, and everything else. Damn it Vince, push Styles already!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    If booked properly, I think Styles has a better chance out of anybody at replacing Cena as the face of the company. Though it is kind of ironic because Cena, for the longest time, has been the victim of the absolute worst creative in history and yet he still managed it very well. But that's irrelevant from this discussion.

I love Roman but Styles literally has it all. Styles has every aspect of the IT factor that should theoretically be necessary to be in a league of his own, main eventing consecutive Manias and Summerslams, selling out merchandise, and everything else. Damn it Vince, push Styles already!!
    Styles doesn't fit the mold. Plus he is not a homegrown star and doesn't have age on his side either so I really don't see that happening.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron Warrior View Post
    Styles doesn't fit the mold. Plus he is not a homegrown star and doesn't have age on his side either so I really don't see that happening.
    Age is debateable. I think he's good for about 5-6 more years. Styles is hugely popular,. his look is perfect to represent the company. And he's never had any scandals regarding drug use or anything.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt WWE hates Roman since early plans for Mania 34 have him main eventing it for the Universal title.

Ivan Koloff Girl southrnbygrace's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

He's one of only two reason I watch. So I am sitting here saying I want to see what Roman does this week.

Banner by edgehead73
    Icon by buffygirl52789

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't this what everybody has been saying? Make Roman more edgy and a borderline heel for the buildup to this match and turn into a full blown heel during or after the match. But I doubt it is going to happen. Even if they want Roman as the face of the company it would make more sense to turn him heel right now just to cut the audience hostility and turn him back later on when the fans become more accepting.
    Agreed. I mean even if it doesn't work out turning him face again, get some mileage out of a heel Roman. I think any wrestler will tell you that it's funner and easier playing the bad guy. For Roman it will be even easier as the fans already want to hate him, so all he really needs is that nudge off the ledge. Even if it doesn't translate into him being a good baby face when the turn comes again at least you'll know you can always go back to heel roman. If I were booking Roman I would have him beat the holy hell out of undertaker at mania, using a chair or whatever. Full blown heel and gets the win over Taker. He beats part timer Lesnar at Summerslam for the title. Give him a nice long run from Summerslam all the way to mania where he eventually gets toppled by Balor, Styles, or Joe. But my guess is WWE will book it like he comes up short against Taker, taker gives him a nod of respect or some bull shit at the end and then we are left with Roman being no better or worse off than he was before mania which sucks for the guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Styles could easily by the #1 babyface I think. I think he's further along as a character than Roman...of course Roman has the harder job as getting people to love you is harder than getting people to loath you and AJ didn't exactly light it up as a babyface the first time around but they found the formula with heel AJ, you just keep him as is just tweek it slightly towards face and you've got it. Not saying he would be as big as Cena or Rock or Austin but we have to face the facts, probably no star is ever going to reach those heights again but he seems to have a far greater connection to the fans than Roman. Styles I think is a guy who can bridge that gap in the audience between the adult smark crowd and the younger demo. I think that ship has already sailed for Roman for this round of his babyface fight. Turn him heel and revisit it in a year or two to see how he does.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    Styles could easily by the #1 babyface I think. I think he's further along as a character than Roman...of course Roman has the harder job as getting people to love you is harder than getting people to loath you and AJ didn't exactly light it up as a babyface the first time around but they found the formula with heel AJ, you just keep him as is just tweek it slightly towards face and you've got it. Not saying he would be as big as Cena or Rock or Austin but we have to face the facts, probably no star is ever going to reach those heights again but he seems to have a far greater connection to the fans than Roman. Styles I think is a guy who can bridge that gap in the audience between the adult smark crowd and the younger demo. I think that ship has already sailed for Roman for this round of his babyface fight. Turn him heel and revisit it in a year or two to see how he does.
    The reason I say AJ can't be the face of the wwe is not because he can't be a good babyface but because he isn't a through and through wwe creation. AJ might be loved by the fans but so were Punk and Bryan and even though they were at a time the top babyface, never were the THE guy. AJ will always have the label of being the face of TNA attached to him so I don't think that makes him a suitable candidate to be the next main man of the wwe. Also, he is already 38 years old and even if he has a lot of years left in him it just makes more sense to push someone younger than him so he could carry the mantle for a longer time.

Reigns on the other hand is being molded by the wwe in their vision of a top superstar, regardless of how liked or disliked his booking is to us.

Thread Information