Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trust in the Anthem Owl: Are you watching Impact tonight?

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trust in the Anthem Owl: Are you watching Impact tonight?

Credit to Jeff Jarrett for listening to the Anthem Owl and changing the slogan to "Make Impact Great" instead of "Make Impact Great AGAIN."

But the burning question.

New ownership, new direction, new creative team. Tonight's episode of Impact Wrestling (which is the name officially now) is the first of the tapings under the new regime.

Are you gonna watch?
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Trust in the Anthem Owl: Are you watching Impact tonight?

Yep though I always watch.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that a lot of the "new" is just a bunch of the old... kinda makes me think I'd be better off continuing to stay away from Impact. Seriously, in my opinion, Jeff Jarrett being back in the fold is not an improvement whatsoever.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    The fact that a lot of the "new" is just a bunch of the old... kinda makes me think I'd be better off continuing to stay away from Impact. Seriously, in my opinion, Jeff Jarrett being back in the fold is not an improvement whatsoever.
    I think he's an improvement for being there. But I am very surprised that they didn't go with people who never previously worked at IMpact.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. New logo, new name - same TNA bullshit.

Every little bit of in-fighting, dirty laundry, autocratic, passive aggressive mis-management, poor leadership - TNA proudly tell the world about. New logo, new name, Jeff's back - same TNA bullshit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll check it out the night after most likely, out of curiosity, but they are gonna have to do a lot, if they ever plan on having me watch Impact on a weekly basis again.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Attack on Titan S2, Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2, Tiger Mask W

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give it a shot. Change can be good sometimes, so we'll see.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching now
    Welcome back JB!

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been trained for 12 years and some management didn't like JB which new management was that. And Cody has some random belt now that wasn't explain. It feels like what happens when you miss a month of some show or just starting watching a wrestling show at some random episode.

TNA Forum Title History
    X Championship (2 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm liking Reno Scum

Thank you Surrender!!!
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheating. that victory was BS oh wait nevermind.

TNA Forum Title History
    X Championship (2 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laurel the Corpse bride

Thank you Surrender!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Laurel the Corpse bride
    If she joins Decay, that could be a gimmick.

TNA Forum Title History
    X Championship (2 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    If she joins Decay, that could be a gimmick.
    I'd give it a chance.

I wish Lana Star could join Impact as Laurel's tag partner.
    JB and Josh fighting makes me chuckle.

Thank you Surrender!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought was more interesting than usual. Unsure about the releases but only time will tell.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Watching the show now. I'm bringing you "live" updates, just like TNA legend whocares! Except I'm doing it all in one post.

I want to tune out after 10 minutes. I've seen a lame Edwards/Richards brawl, and I'm in the midst of a long and pointless bickering session between Borash and Matthews. Where's the wrestling? Oh, here's Cody. I guess he was as sick of the bickering as I was. He calls out Moose and suddenly the segment ends and we have a tag team match.

Here comes a Sanity-like stable called DCC. Next out is Reno Scum. That facial hair may make you stand out, buddy, but not in a good way. As you may have gathered, I'm as ignorant as Josh Matthews' character. The match is pretty short and not very interesting, but I like Reno Scum's finisher.

Flashback of the Maria et al. wedding angle that everyone has been raving about. It looks like sports entertainment shlock to me, but I can hardly judge this long storyline on a two minute recap. It doesn't appear to feature any wrestling, however. Just a soap opera. I assume that Ally and whoever that man is are wrestlers.

There's an interview with Sienna concerning Maria. Sienna is very good. I like her. I also like how they explicitly present the names of the backstage personnel. They don't do that in WWE anymore. WWE's interviewers are all pretty young females with no names. Sorry, I got distracted. The point is: I like Sienna.

It's an X Division match. Two guys come out. Is that Robocop? No, it's DJZ. Don't know any of these people, but this DJZ fella has grabbed my attention. Next out is the wedding guy! Braxton Sutter. That's a Dolph Ziggle out of Dolph Ziggler on the Ziggler scale of bad wrestling names. He brought Ally along with him. I guess she wasn't fired after all, although the recap didn't tell me why Maria had the authority to fire her in the first place. The match is a pretty fun spotfest. Loverboy Sutter wins with a three handled moss covered family gradunzel. Out comes the jilted bride with makeup smeared all over her face screaming incoherently. Jeeeez.

Sienna! As she comes out a bell rings in the back of my mind. She was on Total Nonstop Deletion! She almost did battle with Vanguard 1! I remember liking her then, too. I like her attire. Her opponent is the debutant Rachael Ellering. One of many up and coming female wrestler with famous last names. Charlotte Flair. Tessa Blanchard. Rachael couldn't get into WWE even though her daddy is in NXT. They start wrestling to silence. Rachael hits a big forearm and yells "come on!" at the crowd. Surprisingly, it works! The crowd start making some noise. Or maybe a fight broke out in the audience. The match is not very good. Borash and Matthews bickering through the whole thing doesn't help. Sienna wins with a running shoulder tackle. Apparently that's her finish.

Bruce Pritchard comes out and cuts a pretty good promo. He brings out THE CHAMP, Bobby Lashley. Now here's Alberto Del Rio El Patron. I've only just realised that TNA never stopped hiring WWE rejects and making them their champion. Derrick Bateman. Drew McIntyre. Bobby Lashley. Damien Sandow (not sure if he ever got their championship). Speak of the devil, here's EC3. They bicker for a while. I don't know what conclusion they came to because I'm finding it difficult to pay attention.

I see Angelina Love is still around. She's Davey Richards' wife. She slaps Edwards for some reason. Probably because they are feuding.

Cody comes out again.

Oh, here's Dutch Mantell. Instead of right away introducing himself as Dutch Mantell, he makes a silly reference to his "alternate universe" WWE career. I'm not sure why the writers thought that was a good idea. He speaks a lot of words but doesn't really say very much. He praises the fans and says that listening to them is what will make Impact great. That's also his job, apparently. Listening to the fans. Honestly, he sounds like a politician.

There's a Broken Matt segment. The Broken Hardyz wrestle with a kangaroo. Then they use a drone to teleport with the tag team title belts. At the other end, Decay teleport in the Impact zone. With the tag belts. They say "it worked". What fucking worked?! You hijacked a drone teleportation? That's how they write off the Hardyz and change the title holders?

El Patron vs Lashley is a pretty good match with two convincing ref bumps. I expected EC3 to do something, but he just watched as El Patron smashed Lashley with the title belt (that Lashley introduced) and got the three count. New champion on his debut!

I didn't like that show one bit. The only good things that happened were the main event and Sienna's promo. The rest was garbage. The matches were given very little time and they had a very basic, developmental feel to them. Dutch Mantell's appearance was completely pointless. The announcing was god awful. Far worse than WWE, and I strongly dislike WWE's commentary. Even Cody Rhodes, whose character/mic work I like a lot, came across like an amateur. It's as if Impact brings everybody down a level or two. I won't be watching again.

I'm guessing Sandow no longer works there? He didn't last very long.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Watching the show now. I'm bringing you "live" updates, just like TNA legend whocares! Except I'm doing it all in one post.

I want to tune out after 10 minutes. I've seen a lame Edwards/Richards brawl, and I'm in the midst of a long and pointless bickering session between Borash and Matthews. Where's the wrestling? Oh, here's Cody. I guess he was as sick of the bickering as I was. He calls out Moose and suddenly the segment ends and we have a tag team match.

Here comes a Sanity-like stable called DCC. Next out is Reno Scum. That facial hair may make you stand out, buddy, but not in a good way. As you may have gathered, I'm as ignorant as Josh Matthews' character. The match is pretty short and not very interesting, but I like Reno Scum's finisher.

Flashback of the Maria et al. wedding angle that everyone has been raving about. It looks like sports entertainment shlock to me, but I can hardly judge this long storyline on a two minute recap. It doesn't appear to feature any wrestling, however. Just a soap opera. I assume that Ally and whoever that man is are wrestlers.

There's an interview with Sienna concerning Maria. Sienna is very good. I like her. I also like how they explicitly present the names of the backstage personnel. They don't do that in WWE anymore. WWE's interviewers are all pretty young females with no names. Sorry, I got distracted. The point is: I like Sienna.

It's an X Division match. Two guys come out. Is that Robocop? No, it's DJZ. Don't know any of these people, but this DJZ fella has grabbed my attention. Next out is the wedding guy! Braxton Sutter. That's a Dolph Ziggle out of Dolph Ziggler on the Ziggler scale of bad wrestling names. He brought Ally along with him. I guess she wasn't fired after all, although the recap didn't tell me why Maria had the authority to fire her in the first place. The match is a pretty fun spotfest. Loverboy Sutter wins with a three handled moss covered family gradunzel. Out comes the jilted bride with makeup smeared all over her face screaming incoherently. Jeeeez.

Sienna! As she comes out a bell rings in the back of my mind. She was on Total Nonstop Deletion! She almost did battle with Vanguard 1! I remember liking her then, too. I like her attire. Her opponent is the debutant Rachael Ellering. One of many up and coming female wrestler with famous last names. Charlotte Flair. Tessa Blanchard. Rachael couldn't get into WWE even though her daddy is in NXT. They start wrestling to silence. Rachael hits a big forearm and yells "come on!" at the crowd. Surprisingly, it works! The crowd start making some noise. Or maybe a fight broke out in the audience. The match is not very good. Borash and Matthews bickering through the whole thing doesn't help. Sienna wins with a running shoulder tackle. Apparently that's her finish.

Bruce Pritchard comes out and cuts a pretty good promo. He brings out THE CHAMP, Bobby Lashley. Now here's Alberto Del Rio El Patron. I've only just realised that TNA never stopped hiring WWE rejects and making them their champion. Derrick Bateman. Drew McIntyre. Bobby Lashley. Damien Sandow (not sure if he ever got their championship). Speak of the devil, here's EC3. They bicker for a while. I don't know what conclusion they came to because I'm finding it difficult to pay attention.

I see Angelina Love is still around. She's Davey Richards' wife. She slaps Edwards for some reason. Probably because they are feuding.

Cody comes out again.

Oh, here's Dutch Mantell. Instead of right away introducing himself as Dutch Mantell, he makes a silly reference to his "alternate universe" WWE career. I'm not sure why the writers thought that was a good idea. He speaks a lot of words but doesn't really say very much. He praises the fans and says that listening to them is what will make Impact great. That's also his job, apparently. Listening to the fans. Honestly, he sounds like a politician.

There's a Broken Matt segment. The Broken Hardyz wrestle with a kangaroo. Then they use a drone to teleport with the tag team title belts. At the other end, Decay teleport in the Impact zone. With the tag belts. They say "it worked". What fucking worked?! You hijacked a drone teleportation? That's how they write off the Hardyz and change the title holders?

El Patron vs Lashley is a pretty good match with two convincing ref bumps. I expected EC3 to do something, but he just watched as El Patron smashed Lashley with the title belt (that Lashley introduced) and got the three count. New champion on his debut!

I didn't like that show one bit. The only good things that happened were the main event and Sienna's promo. The rest was garbage. The matches were given very little time and they had a very basic, developmental feel to them. Dutch Mantell's appearance was completely pointless. The announcing was god awful. Far worse than WWE, and I strongly dislike WWE's commentary. Even Cody Rhodes, whose character/mic work I like a lot, came across like an amateur. It's as if Impact brings everybody down a level or two. I won't be watching again.

I'm guessing Sandow no longer works there? He didn't last very long.
    Whocares did sometimes do one long post at the end of Impact before the era of the 1-3 man party threads. Josh Matthews was just a normal announcer until like a month ago. Then he started to brag how he was one of the best commentators today. Then Pope was teasing him sawing new changes are on the way hinting he might not have job security. Then last night he went full heel Micheal Cole.

Everyone involved in the wedding minus the preacher was a wrestler.

X-division match the reason DJZ stands out is he is the only one with a little character. The other 3 are fairly new.

Sienna has another finisher but that is her primary finisher. It suppose be like The Pounce just without all the showboating, impact, selling, and crowd excitement. All the stuff that made the move seem better then it was.

Angelina comes and goes. She just came back less then a month ago after being on maternity leave.

Sandow/Aron Rex is still there I believe he just wasn't on this show since they had show all the new stuff they had.

TNA Forum Title History
    X Championship (2 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy with the new direction, although I miss seeing Eli Drake

Thank you Surrender!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That package at the start is kind of depressing - " look at all the opportunities we missed "

TNA was one hell of a promotion until it contracted Hulkamania in 2010. For a long time, I favoured it over WWE - who I felt was in a dark age from 2005-2012 - the talent was there, the matches were there, it was exciting, it felt like TNA could be more than a glorified indy fed. Then it went out and hooked up with two of the reasons WCW doesn't exist and Dixie was never the same.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Happy with the new direction, although I miss seeing Eli Drake
    Did he leave too?

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Did he leave too?
    Source: PWInsider

PWInsider.com is reporting that several wrestlers backstage were upset at the latest Impact Wrestling tapings with the company taking shots at the previous regime, feeling like it was also insulting everyone that was there, including the roster.

Eli Drake reportedly confronted Jeff Jarrett over this, and the two were said to have had a conversation that was not described "as getting ugly." Drake was said to have voiced some of the frustrations that the locker room was having, feeling like they were being disrespected despite sticking with the company through all of the problems that they had last year. Drake reportedly also spoke with Bruce Prichard.
    It was noted that the shots at the former regime on tonight's Impact Wrestling were meant to be aimed at the former management team, i.e. Dixie Carter. It was meant to be a way for the company to distance themselves going forward without having to do a reboot.
    This is the ' TNA Bullshit ' I'm talking about. Taking shots at Dixie and Co on television - as bad as she was - makes TNA look bad regardless. It's poor leadership, it affects the talent, the staff, the morale.

You can have money, you can have influence, you can have friends, but if you don't have the leadership, your company won't succeed.

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping the rumours about TNA owning the Broken gimmick are false. Hope something can be worked out between the two parties if they're true.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it's just JB & The Pope on the commentary team eventually. Josh isn't needed anymore.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I hope it's just JB & The Pope on the commentary team eventually. Josh isn't needed anymore.
    I actually think Pope can go. It's nothing against him as a commentator. It's just that he doesn't make me feel anything.

but I feel a genuine connection to JB and a genuine hatred of josh. I love listening to them go back and forth.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear Anthem is suing the Hardys. This feels very wrong to me.

Even if someone at TNA made the character, (JB I think? Along with Matt?) it doesn't feel right.

I would avoid this.

Thread Information