Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker

you always gonna worry is what kind of physical condition is the undertaker, i mean it seems like the guy is injured 90% of the year, and he's no spring chicken anymore he's gonna be 52 by the time wrestlemania comes around, some day its going to be just one too many matches hopefully thats not the case at wrestlemania

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could really get behind a Roman putting Taker down rather than plucky underdog they're likely gonna go with. Fucking hell.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA
    I thought it was interesting that Strowman said to Reigns "Chicago doesn't like you, and neither do I". Sounded like the kind of line a face would say to a heel. It kind of threw me a bit.
    Reason #2,401 the WWE obviously has no idea how to make Roman Reigns work.

"We should give the awesome face line to the big angry bastard heel everyone is supposed to hate!"
    "...you're a fucking GENIUS, Thompson! Get your things! I'm moving you to a corner office!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    I could really get behind a Roman putting Taker down rather than plucky underdog they're likely gonna go with. Fucking hell.
    I'd go for that too, man. In a heartbeat.

Reigns as the strong, silent, vicious killer of The Shield worked SO WELL. If he went into that mode and just ended The Undertaker without a second thought I'd be all over that...until they inevitably ruin it 3 months later by trying to make him a happy go-lucky underdog face again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though he only shows up a couple times a year, and he takes up a HUGE spot at Wrestlemania despite the arguments that he is a major financial attraction; I am simply bored to death with him, his character, and everything he does whenever he does show up.

I know everyone, for whatever reason, is obsessing over the idea of a Cena/Taker feud as his retirement match; but it ain't happening this year, and I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I would actually prefer if Roman Reigns sends Taker packing for good. At this point, I don't care who it is just make it happen already.

Friend of Jericho. Saffron Warrior's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    I've been holding off on officially saying it, but I'm starting now.

Roman Reigns is never turning heel.
    Thats why its going to be the biggest plot twist ever.

I would have actually preferred Brawn vs Taker vs Reigns. That way Taker wouldn't have to work the entire match given his physical condition. But instead they chose to make Braun look like a little bitch.

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that so many people believe Roman is booked like a face is kinda why his character works. He hasn't been face for the last year, but no "official" heel turn prevents people from realizing that. It's part of the back & forth with Roman & it makes him more compelling of a character. There's literally no need to turn him heel because the attention he gets is already so high. Part of why some hate him is cause he's not heel, which makes the reaction to him even more amusing. WWE is well aware how people react to Roman & his entire character has become about feeding ways to play into those reactions, both good & bad. His appearance at the Rumble was honestly one of the most genius things they've ever done. That was definitely 100% intentional

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    The fact that so many people believe Roman is booked like a face is kinda why his character works. He hasn't been face for the last year, but no "official" heel turn prevents people from realizing that. It's part of the back & forth with Roman & it makes him more compelling of a character. There's literally no need to turn him heel because the attention he gets is already so high. Part of why some hate him is cause he's not heel, which makes the reaction to him even more amusing. WWE is well aware how people react to Roman & his entire character has become about feeding ways to play into those reactions, both good & bad. His appearance at the Rumble was honestly one of the most genius things they've ever done. That was definitely 100% intentional
    I don't get that at all from Roman. I still think the WWE hopes that one day people will wake up and love him. Nearly everything about his booking screams face. With that said however, I think the day of the conventional face is dead. The problem with WWE listening to the audience is that they have two different audiences and they want different things and most of that face roster doesn't bridge that gap so it's like all their face main event talent is only half over with the fans and nobody ever really develops that frenzy of fandom where wwe has no choice but to push them. Daniel Bryan was the last super red hot face champion they had that fused both the kid demo and the adult demo. Now they don't have that in their face main eventer pool. Rollins gets very tepid reactions. Orton is Orton, his face work has never been his strongest work and I can't see wwe building around him at this stage in his career. Ambrose is finding his way but the fans turned on Dean fairly quickly once he became champ and he's never quite got back on top and who knows if WWE will ever see him as a top guy after his first run was such a failure. Roman Reigns is just kind of like a half over version of Cena. He gets the hatred of the crowd but doesn't seem quite as over with child demo as Cena and at the very least, the adult demo can respect the hell out of Cena's in ring work. Harder to do that with Roman whose only truly memorable one on one matches were with Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles who can get a great match out of anybody. Other than that, Roman is your pretty standard brawler.

With all that said though, Roman vs. Undertaker works for me. Finally put Roman in their against a top face and see where it goes. This is the most intriguing his character has been since that time he beat the shit out of HHH for screwing him out of the title, just in that one little "this is my yard now" line. So I like this match, I think Roman works a style match that Undertaker can work well. As for who should win...I mean Taker's streak is already over, I see very little reason to have Taker beat Roman.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything doesn't have to be "face" or "heel". His booking really is dependabt on who WWE has him face that particular feud. Reigns may have at one point been a face but he isn't now. He doesn't need to officially turn heel either though cause that ruins the entire mixed crowd reaction which WWE has been enjoying. Did they intend in this, of course not but they're doing a lot to maintain it. Reigns being "Half" over is honestly better for him. In fact nobody really needs to be over with everyone. A mixed reaction is super fun & is a way for the crowd to interact with each other, plus mixed is almost always a big reaction so it's quite good. WWE isn't going to complain if Reigns or anyone gets boos or cheers. He is better at developing a response from the crowd then almost anyone is. They know they can treat Reigns in specific manners & different sections of the audience will take it in very different manners, a lot that WWE can do from that & they take advantage of it

Also I'd say every big notable match Reigns has had for atleast the past 2 years has been strong, not just Bryan or Styles. He does great against a lot of the big men like Braun, Show, Rusev & Wyatt. Taker can fall in that line aswell. Reigns is way more likely then almost anyone else to know how to work with Taker & help it be both a safe & exciting match
    Last edited by Sweetness_Bolt; 03-11-2017 at 05:09 PM.

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything doesn't have to be "face" or "heel". His booking really is dependabt on who WWE has him face that particular feud. Reigns may have at one point been a face but he isn't now. He doesn't need to officially turn heel either though cause that ruins the entire mixed crowd reaction which WWE has been enjoying. Did they intend in this, of course not but they're doing a lot to maintain it. Reigns being "Half" over is honestly better for him. In fact nobody really needs to be over with everyone. A mixed reaction is super fun & is a way for the crowd to interact with each other, plus mixed is almost always a big reaction so it's quite good. WWE isn't going to complain if Reigns or anyone gets boos or cheers. He is better at developing a response from the crowd then almost anyone is. They know they can treat Reigns in specific manners & different sections of the audience will take it in very different manners, a lot that WWE can do from that & they take advantage of it

Also I'd say every big notable match Reigns has had for atleast the past 2 years has been strong, not just Bryan or Styles. He does great against a lot of the big men like Braun, Show, Rusev & Wyatt. Taker can fall in that line aswell. Reigns is way more likely then almost anyone else to know how to work with Taker & help it be both a safe & exciting match
    His booking feels the same to me no matter who he is facing aside from the two ppv program he had with Styles where he did feel slightly more heelish. To me any other time he came off as your standard babyface. To me he's just not a very compelling character. I love a tweener character but I don't get that vibe from him. I still just get good guy roman.

His HIAC with Rusev was shockingly good though. I must have missed the amazing encounters he had with Big Show and Bray.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm probably the only person on this website that will say this, but I must admit, Reigns and Taker is probably one of the only matches I'm actually really looking forward to seeing at Mania this year. If Taker can physically, in terms of health, get into great shape; this should be a fantastic slug fest and brawl. Hopefully Reigns can expand his arsenal of ass kickery, because I really don't want to see 15 superman punches in this match.

But man, this match has all the ingredients to be one of the best matches of the night. I don't even care if the story and build up to this match sucks. The match itself should be explosive.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean they intentionally put Roman Reigns at the #30 spot? Whoa. Next you're going to tell me that ALL the entrant numbers were predetermined!

All your points just perfectly sum up how they've fucked up Roman's character so much. This isn't a "face or heel" thing at all, it's a "nobody knows what the hell he is or what his motivations are or anything," which is garbage writing and insulting to the fans.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMG_1947.jpg

In all do seriousness I like Mark and he is one of my favorites ever, but I am behind the story line of Roman finishing him off putting him in a casket after the match and burying it. Taker is not going to put on 5 star matches like Flair did at 52

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Others put it well here. As a longtime (first saw him live in 1992) fan of Taker, would have much preferred he "did the favor" to a solid heel or at least a veteran who earned it. At the same time, i'm just glad he can make this Mania instead of quietly disappear and the announcers don't even mention he's gone after 25 years, because they only care about the current product. That would've been the ultimate insult

I also have to acknowledge there's just not many on the roster who fit that bill. The past 10 years, ever since Michaels, i've been frustrated with Taker's booking. Shane Mcmahon? Jesus, over the hill nepotist who was never a real wrestler and never compelling as a character in the way his dad or even Stephanie. Did a crazy jump and the rest of the match was shit, Taker talked of quitting in anger and looked bored. It's even more outrageous they're putting him against a young and agile Styles.

CM Punk probably the best fit in the intervening years, but losing the streak to Lesnar? A roid freak who injures guys by accident and has always been a part timer ashamed to be a wrestler? I feel that Taker and what he's contributed is above this company now, which cares only about promotion and not at all about the wrestling and long-term. Or maybe it's always been this way, but even the Rock has admitted it was more fun and less marketing driven before it went corporate

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    You mean they intentionally put Roman Reigns at the #30 spot? Whoa. Next you're going to tell me that ALL the entrant numbers were predetermined!

All your points just perfectly sum up how they've fucked up Roman's character so much. This isn't a "face or heel" thing at all, it's a "nobody knows what the hell he is or what his motivations are or anything," which is garbage writing and insulting to the fans.
    Which is exactly why Taker deserves better. Problem is, not much else to offer at this time. If it has to be a relatively new guy, maybe Styles? Reigns is just Cena 2.0 so between them makes no difference to me. Goldberg? I'm kinda surprised HHH didn't insert himself into the honor, given the way he took Sting away from Taker

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steellord123 View Post
    Which is exactly why Taker deserves better. Problem is, not much else to offer at this time. If it has to be a relatively new guy, maybe Styles? Reigns is just Cena 2.0 so between them makes no difference to me. Goldberg? I'm kinda surprised HHH didn't insert himself into the honor, given the way he took Sting away from Taker
    As long as I live I'll never understand that Wrestlemania. The Undertaker had a nothing match with Bray Wyatt (that could have been SO MUCH MORE) and Triple H fought Sting so they could have a DX vs nWo show down (which made exactly zero sense because of Sting's history with the nWo).

But of course the ending was so good it's all anyone talks about. So the weird parts keep getting forgotten. It's like it was the first Wrestlemania of the new era, where the show isn't canon with the rest of the year's stories.

Anyway...yeah, Undertaker deserves better for a "passing of the torch" match, and honestly I'm of the opinion they should have done it at 31 with Bray Wyatt (Undertaker coming off his first Wrestlemania loss, Bray Wyatt "resurrected" him, "New Face of Fear," etc etc etc). Undertaker didn't need to lose that match if he didn't want to, but Bray Wyatt taking him the distance and earning his respect would have been just fine to have Undertaker bow out.

If this really is how he ends his career like people are saying then I don't even know what to say anymore.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roman is clearly one of the guys that Vince sees carrying the company into the future, and Vince has also apparently been high on this match for awhile.

This leads me to believe that Roman is going to beat Taker at Wrestlemania. I don't necessarily want it to happen, but if Roman wins this is what I would like to see: Roman struggling to beat him, and then finally he beats him by cheating and making a full heel turn. The fans are already booing Roman, so why not turn him heel? Plus having him beat Taker is not going to get any fans on his side. If they have him struggle and then cheat to beat Taker, it will probably turn into a better match and it will be something that people will be talking about after.

I wasn't super excited about the potential Taker/Roman match, but I still think there are some cool possibilities. I really hope Roman doesn't just beat him 1,2,3 cleanly with nothing else involved. I know people talk about Taker's age, but he can still go and I think he could bring out a good match with Roman. I am definitely looking forward to matches like Jericho/Owens and Rollins/HHH more than Taker/Roman, but I still think this match could surprise a lot of people and I think there are some cool possibilities for the match.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of want it to happen. This is the most interested i've been in Roman in a long damn time and maybe it's because he's kind of being a dick. I like it, i like it a lot. But part of me thinks WWE's thought process will be that we can't have him beat Taker because it will get him more heat so they just want Roman to put up a good fight but fall short which will benefit him...somehow. The fans that hate him are going to hate him no matter what so they shouldn't be worried about if a Roman win will have the crowd turn against him, a healthy dose already are. Have him beat Taker, then beat Brock at summerslam for the belt, then have him drop it to the new babyface king in Finn Balor at next years mania, or perhaps a face AJ could be the man. Whatever. It's amazing how fast I've turned my thoughts on Roman around. I went from no interest in him to now wanting him to be a dominating heel champion.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steellord123 View Post
    Yea being like Cena one of the greatest superstars ever such a horrible thing (Although outside of the split crowd thing Roman & Cena really have nothing in common except for both being great superstars)

Don't see how Taker deserves better then Roman when that's one of the biggest possible matches he could have plus Roman is very likely to make sure Taker has a great Mania match which I can't be sure about that with a lot of other guys. Also it's obvious that Taker gets alot of say in his WM opponents these days so if he didn't want to face Roman he wouldn't

There's really only 2 guys it makes sense for Taker to end his career against, Cena & Roman. Would like to see the Cena match but certainly great option aswell if it's Roman

WWE should absolutely IMO go ahead with the Brock v Roman rematch next year. The first match was absolutely amazing & never got settled. Now 3 years later it could be sensational. Both men should win as much as possible over the next year to build to the match. Roman has certainly taken way too many losses over the past 4-6 months & does not need to lose anymore if they go the road of Brock v Roman which they should. Moving Roman to SD & keeping him say from Brock & the Universal Title would be the easiest way to do this
    Last edited by Sweetness_Bolt; 03-20-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Roman should win every single match he has. And then beat Lesnar in exactly 1 minute at WM, just to make sure that he looks strong enough. We don't want old man Goldberg having a one-up on God-mode Reigns.

"Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice way to completely misinterpret that statement for an unfunny joke

If Brock v Roman happens which it should, both men should be absolutely dominant for as long as possible going into the match. That's a mega match & the more dominant each man looks going in, the bigger the rematch will be. I expect Brock v Roman to be just be an even more badass version of the 1st match

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit on the fence about Roman vs Lesnar happening down the road.

On one hand, yeah, their match at 31 was pretty good and I enjoyed it. I was actually getting into it and liked their back and forth. I didn't really want Reigns to win, but it was an enjoyable fight.

On the other, that says everything you need to know about Roman Reigns. The crowd has never been behind him because of how he's been booked and that isn't changing. The whole world knows he's supposed to go over Brock Lesnar so when it happens it's going to feel meaningless to a lot of fans.

Why else would he get booed when he started to get Lesnar on the ropes? Why else would Seth Rollins bring the house down by cashing in and "stealing" Roman's title?

Now we're here, in a place where Roman Reigns beats The Undertaker and the WWE expects us to applaud and go "it's his yard now!" No. It's not going to happen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm a bit on the fence about Roman vs Lesnar happening down the road.

On one hand, yeah, their match at 31 was pretty good and I enjoyed it. I was actually getting into it and liked their back and forth. I didn't really want Reigns to win, but it was an enjoyable fight.

On the other, that says everything you need to know about Roman Reigns. The crowd has never been behind him because of how he's been booked and that isn't changing. The whole world knows he's supposed to go over Brock Lesnar so when it happens it's going to feel meaningless to a lot of fans.

Why else would he get booed when he started to get Lesnar on the ropes? Why else would Seth Rollins bring the house down by cashing in and "stealing" Roman's title?

Now we're here, in a place where Roman Reigns beats The Undertaker and the WWE expects us to applaud and go "it's his yard now!" No. It's not going to happen.

100% agreed with everything you said

Personally, I don't want to see Lesnar against Roman again. I also don't want to see Roman win another royal rumble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brawn Strowman's involvement has pretty much killed my enthusiasm for this match. When someone interfering is telegraphed so clearly it's not shocking.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anyway that we are being worked?

That Taker is in good shape.
    That he'll beat an over confident Reigns.
    That it'll mean that when Taker does retire, it'll be next year, on his back, versus Cena.
    That the loss will lead to a Reigns heel turn.

That the heel turn gets Roman over.
    Bring back the fourth wall

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this won't go over well with lots of people, but Reigns SHOULD win.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Thread Information