Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The All Purpose 2017 Free Agency thread!

vCash
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The All Purpose 2017 Free Agency thread!

Before the draft there is free agency! Let's start the rumors and discussion here.

Once again , I'll probably be sitting this one out. Although I'd love for the Packers to go after someone like Gilmore from Buffalo. He's going to be expensive though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The All Purpose 2017 Free Agency thread!

Brandon Marshall has signed with the New York Giants for two-year, $12 million deal. I'm in shock, didnt see this one coming. I thought he was going to the Pats for sure.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gr8t I Is View Post
    Brandon Marshall has signed with the New York Giants for two-year, $12 million deal. I'm in shock, didnt see this one coming. I thought he was going to the Pats for sure.
    I didn't expect it at all , but I'm stoked, especially at that price. I guess he didn't want to leave NY.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with Brandon off the market, does this mean desean Jackson goes to the pats?

vCash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome signing for Big Blue.

I felt so bad for Brandon Marshall with the Jets. The dude really wanted it, but the organization is such a mess that he was screwed. This is going to be a HUGE signing for them. He's going to help OBJ, too. Eli Manning has OBJ, Marshall and Shepard. If that's not a division winning trio, I don't know what is. The Giants are going to finish #1 in the NFC this season.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marshall did great work for the Jets in 2 years, he carried Fitzpatrick year 1 to the numbers that he put forth. Both he and Decker. Marshall last year had among the highest drops though, don't know if he lacked concentration on such a bad team but he's going to drive Giant fans crazy with that shit. He did good with the Jets, cannot knock him.

I hope Marshall doesn't bark at Eli but that's not going to slide with the Giants....he is known for his barking at QBs if they don't give him precise passes but Eli blows Fitzpatrick out of the water with talent alone.

Marshall would be a mentor to OBJr, he's spoke glowingly about him in the past.

With Glennon commanding such big dollars and Brian Hoyer going to the 49ers, I hope Geno the Jet is here for another year. Fucking badass.

#AnythingbutKaep

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much news coming out.

Gilmore to the Patriots is a fun one , staying in the division and you know that Belicheck will get more out of him than the Bills ever could.

The Packers kept Perry , I don't know the terms yet but he had such a great year for us that I'm happy he is coming back. A little worried it could not work out but he was considerably better than Matthews was all season.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So much news coming out.

Gilmore to the Patriots is a fun one , staying in the division and you know that Belicheck will get more out of him than the Bills ever could.

The Packers kept Perry , I don't know the terms yet but he had such a great year for us that I'm happy he is coming back. A little worried it could not work out but he was considerably better than Matthews was all season.
    Are you basing that about Gilmore on just last season? Because he was really good for us until the last season when he just started half-assing to avoid injury so he could get his pay day.

Not sad to see him go. Sucks he's going to NE but whatever. Not like anyone stands a chance against them while Brady is still there.

This Osweiler/Browns stuff is crazy.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Are you basing that about Gilmore on just last season? Because he was really good for us until the last season when he just started half-assing to avoid injury so he could get his pay day.

Not sad to see him go. Sucks he's going to NE but whatever. Not like anyone stands a chance against them while Brady is still there.

They got a 2nd round pick to take Osweiler off there hand.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The downside for Oswiler: Getting traded off after a big contract will make him look like a bigger bust.

The brightside for Oswiler: It looks like the Browns will release him, meaning he won't have to play for shitty franchise that'll make even more of a bust.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brock Osweiler should be the focus of American Crime Story Season 2. Heist of the century and vanished.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blindly likes him, the Jets should invest a fifth round pick in getting him at a reduced cost from the Browns.

Love the Browns move there. They essentially found a way to spend salary cap money they weren't going to use to get a nice asset for another trade or a pick itself. Rumor is they're making a run at Garapolo though and I'm meh on that

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great move by Houston to get rid of Osweiller even though if it was to fix the utterly stupid move of overpaying for him in the first place. It seems they are all in for signing Tony Romo now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Say what you will but I would take Brock on a 1 year deal, give me him or Cutler on 1 year deal. Anything but Kaepernick. I'd take Fitzpatrick back over Kaepernick. I'd even take jabronis like Aj McCarron(Fuck trading Big Shel for that game manager) and Chase Daniels.

Shit i'd take Manziel over Kaepernick. I would actually be content with Manziel if the man is actually clean. If that gets Josh Gordon at a reduced price, ok then....

Trading a draft pick for Trevor Simien though........really? Really? Really? He coulden't EVEN TORCH THE RAIDERS SECONDARY!
    Last edited by Blindy; 03-09-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a fucking mess man, we are going to have ANOTHER new quarterback next year trying to learn this system, going through all of the growing pains all over again for the 4th or 5th year in a row, and they let one of the brightest young guys on the team go to Jacksonville of all fucking places. I don't want Jay Cutler or Tony Romo, reminds me of Donovan Mcnabb going to Washington. Time to pump the brakes and cool off on this team a little I guess, obviously they don't really give a shit about winning a title. Last year was the year that David Carr's little bro should have led us to a hometown Superbowl win in Andre Johnson's final NFL game, I wanted it so bad, probably more than the actual players and management did I guess. I just can't believe they let AJ Bouye go to the Jaguars, I'm fucking sick right now. This team is on a downward spiral. Que all the experts coming in here to disect this post and tell me how wrong I am and how this all contradicts something I posted 4 years ago, fuck this shit.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 03-10-2017 at 08:07 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually misread, instead of GETTING a 2nd round pick the Texans gave Cleveland a 2nd round pick along with Brock for jack shit, and the Browns are just going to cut Brock so basically they just got a free draft pick out of the deal. Texans did this to free up cap space AFTER they let Bouye walk to Jags. Unfucking believable, un-FUCKING believable. And Quinton Demps is gone too. Motherfuckers running this team are straight up clowns. If they trade JJ Watt for Romo I'm done.

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    I actually misread, instead of GETTING a 2nd round pick the Texans gave Cleveland a 2nd round pick along with Brock for jack shit, and the Browns are just going to cut Brock so basically they just got a free draft pick out of the deal. Texans did this to free up cap space AFTER they let Bouye walk to Jags. Unfucking believable, un-FUCKING believable. And Quinton Demps is gone too. Motherfuckers running this team are straight up clowns. If they trade JJ Watt for Romo I'm done.
    You seriously think they'd get rid of their best defensive player, just to get a QB that had already seen his better days?

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this rumored Brandin Cooks for Malcolm Butler trade goes down, that is going to be bonkers. I am not sure how I'd feel about that trade but getting one of the most promising young CBs in the league would bring a significant upgrade to the Saints secondary. Losing Cooks will hurt but I have already accepted that it will most likely happen. I'd rather get an established talented player coming from the best coaching staff in the league than a draft pick for a virtual unknown guarantee of getting a quality. Just look how Seattle's first round pick for Graham turned out. Exactly.

However, Saints made some low key solid signings today without fully shaking things up. They resigned Nick Fairley, signed backup linebacker with starting potential AJ Klien and Ted Ginn as a viable 3rd WR from Carolina, and filled one of their glaring offensive needs by signing guard Larry Warford. These are some decent moves with a lot of potential and little risk.

All credit goes to surrender!

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Bouye signed with the Jags for $67.5 million over 5 years. That's a lot of dough to shell out for one corner. I can see why Houston might have balked at that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    Bouye signed with the Jags for $67.5 million over 5 years. That's a lot of dough to shell out for one corner. I can see why Houston might have balked at that.
    Worth every penny, even without considering the fact that we have to play that defense twice a year for the next five years. Bouye is going to be great for a long time. Pass defense is crucial in the fantasy football era we live in now, Texans had the best in the league last year, Bouye and Demps were huge parts of that and now they are gone.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 03-10-2017 at 08:03 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    You seriously think they'd get rid of their best defensive player, just to get a QB that had already seen his better days?
    I've seen a lot of people advocating for this on the Texans message board, the fact that Dallas changed their minds and instead of releasing Romo they want to trade him all of a sudden after all this Brock nonsense, it's scary. You send one of the greatest players this team has ever seen to the Cowboys and I'm done watching football for a little while.

vCash
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post

Even during the first half of the season he was wildly up and down on a game to game , or play to play basis. Don't get me wrong , I think the potential to be great is there , I was a fan of Gilmore and wanted the Packers to draft him coming out of college and would of loved for them to go after him in free agency. I don't know how much was him and how much was him just playing in Buffalo but he has had alot of incredible highs , but he had moments that made you wonder if he could ever truly be a #1 corner on a really good defense.

Having said that , you guys broke my heart in signing Hyde away from us. Hands down one of my favorite Packers in recent history and it's simply a fact that without Hyde and his instincts and playmaking ability that the Packers don't run the table as far as they did last season. He always gets described as a "football player" and as cliche` as it is , it's really the truth. He can line up at any position in the secondary and perform well. He's never going to be a great ALL PRO , but he's going to make big contributions to whatever team he is on week in and week out. It was a true punch in the gut to lose Hyde and I'm a little livid the Packers didn't even attempt to negotiate a contract with him.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Buffalo Bills subreddit are saying the same thing: I can't believe Green Bay didn't keep him. I'm happy with it. The Bills needed to strengthen their core.

Someone on reddit also called the Osweiler to Cleveland deal and they put his post on NFL Network yesterday. Pretty neat.

Anyway...I'd hate to be a Texans fan right now. The front office of that team is fucking weird. All that money for Osweiler, gone after a year, and now maybe all-in for Romo? Really? Ridiculous if you ask me.

I feel for JJ Watt. Dude should have 3 Super Bowl rings by now but he's on a team that couldn't put together an offense if one fell into their lap.

The Canadian Death Tour

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel for JJ Watt. Dude should have 3 Super Bowl rings by now but he's on a team that couldn't put together an offense if one fell into their lap.
    LOL....the Texans defense hasn't been THAT good. And the Texans have had some pretty decent offensive teams with Andre Johnson, Matt Schuab, and Arian Foster. Still no ring.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt Schaub good.

Houston was the league's #1 defense last season with Watt on the sidelines. Atlanta was #25 and made the Super Bowl with their good offense.

The Texans still made the playoffs, eliminated Oakland, all without Watt and a garbage offense. You can't tell me that if they had it together offensively the last few seasons they wouldn't be a scary good team.

The Canadian Death Tour

Thread Information