Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The All Purpose 2017 NFL Draft thread!

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The All Purpose 2017 NFL Draft thread!

The combine is over. Draft season is officially underway.

I'm sure we will all do a mock this year together but any bit of discussion can go here as well!

I hope the Packers look at TJ Watt , McCaffery or OJ Howard as of right now , but this is one of the deeper drafts I can remember.

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The All Purpose 2017 NFL Draft thread!

I know it's not likely, but can you imagine if TJ Watt joins big brother JJ in Houston?

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    I know it's not likely, but can you imagine if TJ Watt joins big brother JJ in Houston?
    That'd be something , although the Texans need about 27 other things before they need more outside pass rushers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That line from Steph could totally be interpreted the wrong way.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks we didn't do a mock draft this year but maybe I will throw a unofficial PW one and we can dissect it for the 5 remaining days!

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been watching videos of all the quarterbacks and I like Mitch Trubisky the most, I really hope Houston takes him. I would be ok with them taking Watson if not Mitch. Not really sold on any of the other big names QB's coming up, only thing I've seen is highlight videos though. Also I don't know much about TJ Watt but I'd be down with them taking him and grooming him to take over for Cushing in the middle, if that would be possible(I'm sure it would with the outstanding job Vrable has done in bringing along Mercilus/Mckinney). Either that or a bad ass offensive lineman or big strong power RB/FB on my wish list for this draft.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-22-2017 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Cleveland- DE/OLB Myles Garrett Texas A&M
    - Seems like a no brainer and I think the mention of Trubisky is just to not give Garrett everything on a platter and give him a false sense of entitlement.

2) San Francisco- SS Jamal Adams LSU
    - 49ers have a former all pro safety as their GM and ironically enough his 1st pick will be arguably a top 3 talent in this draft class. Adams plays a really good all around game for the safety position. Safeties going this high is uncommon but the last safety taken so high, Eric Berry, shows you how much of a element a defense has with a ballhawking safety in the back four. 49ers need talent.

3) Chicago- DE Solomon Thomas Stanford

- Chicago can use any talent on defense for the most part and I think Allen's shoulder scare will help make Thomas the 2nd front 7 player taken. Without that, Jonathan Allen would be the pick here.

4) Jacksonville- RB Leonard Fournette LSU
    - I think OJ Howard would be better with Julius Thomas out but Dave Caldwell needs this team to get going or else he might be gone. BPA is Fournette and despite both Ivory and Yeldon being in the backfield, Fournette gives them a real gamebreaker.

5) Tennessee- TE OJ Howard Alabama
    - Yeah a TE in the top 5 is crazy talk sure but the Titans are missing that big red zone playmaker in their promising offense and I think Howard is going to be a big time pro. He didn't get used to his best capabilities by Lane Kiffin and Alabama, has the tools and abilities to be a great TE.

6) Cleveland(Via NYJ)- QB Mitchell Trubisky North Carolina
    - Rumblings are going around that IF Trubisky makes it to 6, the Jets and Browns will swing a draft day deal and Cleveland will get both guys they are arguing at the top pick. Cleveland has enough ammo in this draft to spare 2-3 draft picks if they feel this is their QB for years to come. 1 year at the helm, Trubisky is more potential than reality thus far.

7) Los Angeles Chargers- DE Jonathan Allen Alabama
    - The "fall" stops here for Allen who would be BPA for the Bolts. San Diego needs more in the interior and getting the 2016 defensive player of the year in college goes a long way. No real steady OLineman worth a top 10 pick here, SD will look at that for round 2.

8) Carolina- RB/WR Cristian McCaffrey Stanford
    - McCaffrey sort of represents the "Patriot player" of adding versatility, good character and being an easy fit for most schemes. Cam Newton can use more threats at WR to join Benjamin and Olson and McCaffrey gives the Panthers a fresh look in their offense.

9 Cincinnati- S Malik Hooker Ohio St
    - Hooker might be a 1 year wonder and might be more of a playmaker on the ball vs on an opponent as he has questions versus the run but the Bengals can use someone with a knack for picks and despite sustaining a injury a few months back, Hooker seems like a good fit for Marvin Lewis' aggressive defense.

10) Buffalo- WR Mike Williams Clemson
    Bills go with a huge WR to join fellow Tiger Watkins over the oft hurt Lattimore in what is a deep secondary class. Williams offers a big body for Tyrod Taylor to throw to in the red zone and not panic in a bad red zone drive which the Bills know too well in 2016 once teams played the run on McCoy.

11) New Orleans CB Marshon Lattimore Ohio St
    - Yeah he's oft hurt and sort of reminds you of Dee Milliner in that regard but he's projected as the top CB of the draft and the Saints at pick 11 would have no qualms obtaining Lattimore's abilities with this pick. Saints need to retool the defense in more ways than one and this pick helps. Lattimore could be the 2nd pick on Thursday and could also fall out of the top 10 as well, real conflicting on where to slot him. As for Butler and the Saints, need to see it to believe it.

12) New York Jets LB Hasson Reddick Temple
    - Jets arguable best defender hails from Temple in Wilkerson so why not go down that well after Klecko and Wilkerson have treated them so well. An ILB might be a need with Harris another year older and Darron Lee being small for every down ILB. Reddick has blossomed in the past few months stock wise. Jets tried for Hightower and Reddick seems like a Todd Bowles type of player as the Jets fans groan for another defensive player to be taken in round 1.

13) Arizona QB Pat Mahomes Texas Tech
    - Tempted to put Mahomes with the Jets but I think Jets would be wise to lay off a top QB this class. Mahomes has great tools and a damn good arm and I think with Arians influence could be a real gunslinger in the desert. Having him sit a year with Palmer under center in 2017 would be a great move for all parties involved.

14) Philadelphia OT Cam Robinson Alabama
    - Lane Johnson can't seem to stay on the field for numerous reasons and Jason Peters is getting up there in age so a T/G hybrid like Robinson seems to fit the mold here. Carson Wentz signs off on this move, especially after some of the shots he took on the field.

15) Indianapolis- DE/OLB Taco Charlton Michigan
    - Real boom or bust player, the Colts have spent money this offseason to fix the huge wounds on defense but a dynamic 3 down pass rusher would go a long way and the Colts will swing for the fences for Charlton to be that guy.

16) Baltimore RB Dalvin Cook Florida St
    Ozzie likes the BPA concept and Cook offers that and also offers speed and gamebreaking ability. Ravens need more game changing plays with Steve Smith and Aiken both gone. The Forsett 1 year wonder magic trick came to an end last season and Terrence West isn't a No.1 back.

17) Washington DE Derek Barnett Tenn.
    Ryan Kerrigan gets someone to join the fight in the front 7 to go after Prescott, Manning and Wentz 2x a year. No real safety that hits value here and I don't think the Redskins pull the trigger on Watson as a checkmate on Cousins. Barnett is a high motor defensive end as Washington looks for anything and everything on defense.

18) Tennessee- CB Gareon Conley Ohio St
    Titans flirt around with Conley's cornerback teammate Lattimore and ultimately still accomplish coming away with one by night's end in Conley. Some favor Conley over Lattimore due to durability and consistency but Conley lacks the upside Lattimore provides. Titans could care less and get a much needed player in that suspect secondary.

19) Tampa Bay- S Obi Melifonwu Connecticut
    Bucs are a few pieces away from being a real NFC powerhouse and getting a safety who does something of everything should only bolster the Bucs chances in 2017.

20) Denver OT Ryan Ramcyzk Wisconsin
    Broncos go with the guy who may be hurt at the moment over the suspect character in Bolles. Broncos need more help on the outside line as it didn't matter who played QB for the team, they were seeing their QBs get pummeled. Broncos aren't giving up on Paxton Lynch and his development to get a rookie QB.

21) Detroit DE/OLB Charles Harris Missouri
    Another Missouri Tiger finds himself picked high in a rising Charles Harris to help accompany what is today a one man show in the pass rushing department with Ziggy Ansah doing his best to go after QBs.

22) Kansas City(Via MIA) QB DeShaun Watson Clemson
    Giants might flirt around with Watson as a Eli replacement 2 or so years down the road but the Chiefs in need of an future upgrade over Alex Smith will swing a deal seeing their time of contention is now and grab the guy who accomplished almost everything you possibly could have. Reid has done well with these type of quicker QBs like McNabb and Vick in the past to liken Watson's chances moving forward.

23) New York TE David Njoku Miami
    Will Tye is a nice find at TE but the Giants can use a big time TE and are going with a university that delivered them Jeremy Shockey years ago to deliver it. A 20 year old, the Giants are hoping this youngster doesn't become the next Brandon Flowers and not flounder. Njoku grew up in the Jersey area so this would be a good story and would be a massive get for McAdoo and company.

Odell Beckham, Sterling Shepard, Brandon Marshall, David Njoku....good luck opposition.

24) Oakland(soon to be Las Vegas)- CB Chidobe Awuzie Colorado
    - This cornerback has ties to ex Raider cornerback great Asomugha and if he's at all like him, the woeful Raiders secondary would be in bliss. Another team on the cusp of real success, the Raiders need some one to step up and deliver at this position and Awuzie has real sound fundamentals to succeed.

25) Miami(via HOU)- G Forrest Lamp- Western Kentucky
    Miami will give a day 3 pick to guarantee Lamp becomes a Dolphin after acquiring a few picks from the Chiefs not too long ago with the OLine hungry Seahawks looming. Miami needs to bolster up the interior of their OLine and Lamp plays a real aggressive style of football that guys like Jay Ajayi will like running behind. Miami should still give Tunsil a shot at RT but if not a Tunsil-Pouncey-Lamp interior is scary good.

26) Seattle- OT Garrett Bolles Utah
    The Seahawks OLine to be frank was piss poor last season and getting a RT fixture goes a long way. Bolles has suspect character but I think Pete Carroll can manage Bolles if it means Russell Wilson isn't running for his dear life on the field every other play.

27) Houston- CB Tre'Davious White LSU
    AJ Bouye joined the enemy in putting on the Jags uni, the Texans need to get themselves a playmaker to assist Kareem Jackson in Reliant Stadium. White has the real promise and makings of being a top notch cornerback in this game and was often outshined by teammate and no.2 draft pick in this draft Jamal Adams. Texans can't rely on oft hurt Kevin Johnson to make it 16 plus games.

Jay Cutler I think signs on with Houston on a 1 year deal and I think Bill O'Brien fancies Tom Savage more than say getting Kizer at this fixture. Nate Petersen or Davis Webb might be closer to what Houston is looking for, look for one of those to be a Texan by the end of round 2.

28) Dallas WR John Ross Washington
    Jerry Jones will be banging for Reuben Foster and the other brass including his son will say the words Randy Gregory and Jerry will settle down, the Cowboys opt to go with offense over defense here with the guy who stole the show at the 40. What does 4.22 do for you? Get you to join Prescott, Dez Bryant, Jason Witten and Elliot. Dallas needs a No.2 to join Bryant as well Cole Beasley and Terrence Williams can back up as Dallas is hoping for a Tyreek Hill 2.0 gamebreaker. My boy Jaylon Smith is on track to play in 2017 for the Cowboys so Dallas might see that as their rookie addition on defense enough to get speed on the offense.

29) Green Bay LB Zach Cunningham Vanderbilt
    Zac Cunningham gets the nod over TJ Watt here which might make Untouchable a bit unhappy. Reuben Foster has too many red flags medically and with the positive drug test to be a Packer and between the Claymaker being a somewhat one dimensional pass rusher and Nick Perry thus far despite getting paid being a 1 hit wonder, the Packers will be wise to get another pass rusher here.

30) Pittsburgh S Jabril Peppers Michigan
    Peppers versatility and athletic prowless will give defensive coordinators a hard on and in this case, it will tickle Mike Tomlin and everyone in Pittsburgh's fancy here. Peppers might have been a case of someone trying to do too much on the field and getting eased to a position might be a blessing for Peppers. Mike Mitchell when he isn't blasting his own teammates can be upgraded and the Steelers are getting their 1st round CB back this year in William Jackson.

31) San Francisco(Via ATL)- WR Corey Davis Western Michigan
    Davis might go higher here and I think the 49ers will look for anything and everything given the Torrey Smith project hardly worked. Their No.1 is Kerley, Kyle Shanahan will like a all around playmaker at WR like Davis here and will hook up with his former team to get this done. Falcons won't mind swinging a deal if it means the Saints won't get their hands on Davis.

32) Chicago(Via NO)- ILB Reuben Foster Alabama
    And the last pick of Thursday night ends the fall of a once top 10 prospect as the Bears swing a deal with New Orleans to secure Foster so teams aren't chatting it up in early round 2 Friday morning/afternoon. Between medicals, "cheap shots" pleads & frustrations and a positive drug test, Foster has hurt his stock but the defensive starving Bears will gladly add Solomon Thomas AND Reuben Foster by day's end and be more than happy.

And since the Jets have the 33rd pick.........

33) New York(Via CLE)- TE Evan Engram Ole Miss
    Austin Seferian Jenkins is suspended to open the year and hasn't established anything as a pro and the Jets need production at this position in 2017 so getting the consensus 3rd best TE in the draft to open a pivotal Day 2 is tremendous. Has gotten Jordan Reed comparisons which is a very good thing. Jets have a new OC in Morton who will stress the usage of the TE.
    Last edited by Blindy; 04-22-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how true this is but I've read somewhere that Bill O'Brien put a stop to Houston going after Cutler. Houston GM wanted to go for him but O'Brien didn't want him. Rumors were that Savage is the guy B.O.B wanted to go with last year but management overruled him and went after Brock and tried to force him upon O'Brien. Supposedly they learned from their mistakes and listened to O'Brien and passed on Cutler. If that's true I think it was a good move(I would have preferred they kept Brock for another year but I have no idea how the salary cap works with all of that). I'd rather they go with Savage and groom a rookie than go after Cutler(or any of these other free agent QB's including Romo if he was available) . My fingers are crossed that we get Mitch, and I wouldn't even start him at all next year. Looking at the Texans schedule I think next year could be a rough one, 9 or 10 very tough games, we will probably have a pretty good draft pick in 2018.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-22-2017 at 04:39 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dream is the Browns pass up drafting Myles Garrett and draft a QB with their pick while Niners select Myles Garrett with their pick. Cmon Browns you know want to

vCash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more interested in where the 49ers are going after Garrett goes off the board #1 to Cleveland. It's a big choice for rookie GM John Lynch. It's his first pick. I have a feeling they'll trade it, BUT if they don't, let's not be too sold he's good defense. What if he goes out the box and drafts McCaffrey? It would give them a hopeful future star to build their team around. Maybe he doesn't go safe and pick a Jamal Adams at #2. Maybe he tries to make a name for himself.

The love I have for Leanord Fournette is shadowed by injuries. I don't think the Niners draft McCaffrey, but I don't think any team will before they grab Fournette first. If there was a "Who turned out better?" race in the next 5-10 years coming from this draft, it's going to be between Fournette and McCaffrey. I think Jacksonville needs to bite first.

vCash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going to do a quick skim of my predictions. I'm actually really excited for the draft today. I think we're going to get a big surprise and I think it's going to be all over the first round.

1- Browns select Trubitsky. I see them not wanting to miss on the potential star QB and they reach. I think they should go Garrett, but they won't. They could easily get a QB later in the first, but nonetheless, they reach. They're the Browns.

2- 49ers get Garrett. Now if the Browns get him, I can see them grabbing Adams. I still think Lynch should go outside the box with his first ever pick, but if Garrett slips, you just can't pass on him. Unless of course, Lynch and the 49ers are in love with someone else. Maybe McCaffrey?

3- Bears get Jamal Adams. This will be the continuance of the Browns first pick fall out. The Bears get the best safety in the draft, because San Fran had to take Garrett. If the Niners are in love with Adams, then the Bears are stealing Garrett. Still, Warren Sapps dismissal of Garrett shouldn't be taken for granted.

4- Jaguars select Fournette. I've been praising this guy and I've been saying it since the season was winding down. No way can Jacksonville pass up on this savage. I don't know if Tom Coughlin wants to go defense instead, but if Fournette is there, you can't pass.

5- Titans select CB Marshon Lattimore. If the Browns do trade for this pick, they'll get both Garrett and Trubitsky. I highly doubt the Titans keep this pick, but if they do and everything falls into place the way I have it, they can't pass on Lattimore.

6- Jets select TE OJ Howard. The Jets haven't had a good TE in forever and they'll have the best one in the draft when it comes to them. The Jets, like the Titans, could definitely trade here to get more picks. If they don't and the pick comes to them, I think they'll grab Howard. It wouldn't be the smartest decision as he could be a bust with the shitty Jets offense, but it's the Jets. They should go defense.

7- Chargers select Solomon Thomas. I think the Chargers will face the decision of Thomas or Allen at DE, but will go with the Stanford boy and it would be a great pick.

8- Panthers get McCaffrey. The Panthers look to become the best baby face team in the NFL with the exciting draft pick of McCaffrey and look, back to back Stanford boys in the draft! Dudes going to be a stud!

9- Bengals get Jonathan Allen. He'll feel he should've gone 2 or 3 or even 7, but he will put on the stripes of the Bengals at the end of the day. The Bengals try and rebuild that aging defense.

10- Bills select Mike Williams. They're going to need a QB to throw to these guys, but safe pick.

11- Saints select Malik Hooker. A man the Jets should go after, the Saints will get a treat when this man falls into their lap.

12- Browns select Reuben Foster. They make up for passing on Garrett and get a character issue stud.

I'm pretty sure the Giants are going O-Line. I'd love to see Dalvin Cook fall to the Buccaneers, but I don't think he will. I think Denver or Pitt is going to be the team(s) that takes Deshaun Watson. He will go first round.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I commend Blindy for doing a mock , I have yet to sit down and actually do a full one this year but have been following the draft as close as ever. A few things though - I don't see any way Foster falls that far and if he were to fall to the Packers and they passed I'd riot. And the only reason they'd pass on him is because the Packers simply don't believe in taking linebackers early , they surely wouldn't pass on him and take a different linebacker - even if I don't hate Cunningham as a player.

I also have no fucking clue why the Cowboys would take Ross in any position. They need defense and specifically secondary more than any other team in the league.

I don't know that I'll have time to do a full mock before tonight but a few thoughts -

- Christian McCaffery is my favorite player in the entire draft , and someone I had hopes of being a Packer way before his stock started to skyrocket. Now for the Packers I like Kevin King the most but would be okay with someone like Watt or even Tyus Bowser. Other guys I love who would never make it to Green Bay: Jamal Adams , OJ Howard , Reuben Foster.

- Deshaun Watson IMO is the best quarterback in the draft and the Browns deserves to be thrown out of the league if they take Trubisky over Garrett at the #1 pick.

- Houston should do what they can to get Watson if they are indeed set on grabbing a quarterback in this draft. So much better , especially for that team than Trubisky.

- This draft is one of the weirder ones I've followed in a long time , with the high end talent and talent depth being so much at the same positions and just the type of positions that feature that depth.

vCash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know they probably won't but if I'm the Saints I still think they should take Alabama's Foster despite character issues. He's a sure thing imo and exactly what the Saints need. If not him, take a chance on Hassan Riddick. He's a boom or bust type but if he hits, he's a star. If the Saints are fucking stupid enough to draft a QB in the first round like some mocks suggest, they deserve to lose every game next season.

I'm curious to where Fournette lands. He's my guy. Anywhere but fucking Carolina please. I want to root for him.

I'm with UT on Watson; especially over Trubisky. I don't get it with him. I think Watson is more talented, the better QB, has more experience, and is a proven winner. Cleveland better now be stupid enough to draft him over Garrett. That's just asinine.

All credit goes to surrender!

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I preferred the draft when it was on Saturdays and Sundays

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Show View Post
    I know they probably won't but if I'm the Saints I still think they should take Alabama's Foster despite character issues. He's a sure thing imo and exactly what the Saints need. If not him, take a chance on Hassan Riddick. He's a boom or bust type but if he hits, he's a star. If the Saints are fucking stupid enough to draft a QB in the first round like some mocks suggest, they deserve to lose every game next season.

I'm curious to where Fournette lands. He's my guy. Anywhere but fucking Carolina please. I want to root for him.

I'm with UT on Watson; especially over Trubisky. I don't get it with him. I think Watson is more talented, the better QB, has more experience, and is a proven winner. Cleveland better now be stupid enough to draft him over Garrett. That's just asinine.
    I could potentially see at #32 is someone falls and Maholmes is the uber talented type that could really benefit from sitting for at least two seasons. I know it sounds shitty now because you want the team to win but speaking from first hand experience on the matter (Favre/Rodgers) and reaping the benefits of such a pick for a long time now - I can't really fault a team for doing it.

As for Watson though yes - it just seems so obvious to me. He isn't my favorite prospect ever and in a lot of other drafts he might be more of a second rounder but in the vacuum of this draft if I'm going to take a quarterback in hopes of him leading my team for the next decade it's going to be Watson. And if not Watson I'd wait until way later on in day two to get Dobbs.

I think McCaffery goes to Carolina , even if Fournette is on the board. He makes so much more sense for them than Fournette does IMO with his ability to add diversity to that receiving corps. I have no read on Fournette if Jacksonville passes on him , but from a pure player standpoint he is like my fourth or fifth favorite runner and one of my picks to bust.

What do you think about the AP signing , I don't get it all. Perhaps he and Ingram could hold onto the ball together if they get all four hands on it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    I preferred the draft when it was on Saturdays and Sundays
    I did too , but I can't blame the NFL for grabbing the money with the ratings it gets.

And from a fan standpoint , I do enjoy round two and three being their own entity instead of getting lost a bit in the madness of roune one. They are usually my favorite rounds of the draft to watch because that's where so much perceived talent is at - especially in drafts like this one.

vCash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they're reporting that the Browns are going to be going the safe route with the #1 overall pick and are going to take Myles Garrett.

So will they trade up to get their QB?

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    So they're reporting that the Browns are going to be going the safe route with the #1 overall pick and are going to take Myles Garrett.

So will they trade up to get their QB?
    It's not really the safe route as much as the only logical route - it would be different in a bunch of other drafts but rarely is there a player who is pretty much the consensus best player. And there really isn't a position on the Browns they couldn't take.

I think they COULD trade back up to #4 or #5 to take Trubisky , I wouldn't love it but I could see them doing it and it would be far more excusable than passing on Garrett.

vCash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    I could potentially see at #32 is someone falls and Maholmes is the uber talented type that could really benefit from sitting for at least two seasons. I know it sounds shitty now because you want the team to win but speaking from first hand experience on the matter (Favre/Rodgers) and reaping the benefits of such a pick for a long time now - I can't really fault a team for doing it.

I think McCaffery goes to Carolina , even if Fournette is on the board. He makes so much more sense for them than Fournette does IMO with his ability to add diversity to that receiving corps. I have no read on Fournette if Jacksonville passes on him , but from a pure player standpoint he is like my fourth or fifth favorite runner and one of my picks to bust.

What do you think about the AP signing , I don't get it all. Perhaps he and Ingram could hold onto the ball together if they get all four hands on it.
    I just don't see it with this year's QB class. I am just not impressed enough to spend a first round draft pick that can be use towards taking a defensive talent that can improve this terrible defense. Especially considering the fact we gave up a guy like Brandin Cooks for this pick. Saints need more defensive talent preferably CB help at this spot. I'd be "okay" with a WR here as well.

I can understand the concerns with Fournette but I see him as AP 2.0. He has the same injury concerns as AP coming out of college and AP turned out to arguably be the best RB of this generation. I think Fournette carries that upside as well and unless injuries derail his career, I see nothing but success. I just love his disruptive running style so much. I actually see McCaffery has the higher chance to be a bust in the pros but I like him also so I hope I am wrong.

I didn't like it as well. Don't understand spending that money on a backup with the same skill set as the RB you already have. Should've signed or draft a running back with speed that can make plays in the passing game as well. Joe Mixon could do wonders in the Saints system.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You rooting for Jamal Adams if he puts on the Jets uni?

Currently Playing:

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read a few mock drafts and the Bills #10 pick is literally all over the place. I don't know what to think and the Bills management haven't really said anything in the past few days.

In the mock drafts I read, the Bills took:
    -CB Marshon Lattimore
    -CB Marlon Humphrey
    -QB Deshaun Watson
    -WR Mike Williams (one draft had him going at the #10 pick and another had them trading down with Arizona and taking him at #13)
    -LB Reuben Foster
    -LB Haason Reddick

So yeah...I don't know what to think. The analysts I read from the Buffalo area mostly said it'll either be Mike Williams or Haason Reddick, so I'll assume those are slightly more accurate predictions. I guess this is what happens when you need help all over the field like Buffalo does.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I will say this much if the Jets draft a fucking QB in the 1st 3 rounds, I will be heated. If they take Trubisky or Maholmes or Watson at 6....let me put it this way. I haven't ranted real hard on the Jets in ages as most know but you might see the Blindy of old for better or worse.

OJ HOWARD
    JAMAL ADAMS
    LEONARD FOURNETTE

Can I get one of those 3?

Shit I am fine with Malik Hooker at FS.

Oh and if they fuckin take Dee Milliner 2.0 in Lattimore, don't do it McCagnan!

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    You rooting for Jamal Adams if he puts on the Jets uni?
    I have nothing against the Jets. As long as he doesn't play for Carolina or Atlanta, all's good.

Not really sure where Jamal ends up tonight. I've seen mocks that ranged from 2-7. If I were San Fran, I'd take him 2. He's that good. He was the QB of LSU's defense for years and always made impactful plays. Jamal is a true game changer.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't see it with this year's QB class. I am just not impressed enough to spend a first round draft pick that can be use towards taking a defensive talent that can improve this terrible defense. Especially considering the fact we gave up a guy like Brandin Cooks for this pick. Saints need more defensive talent preferably CB help at this spot. I'd be "okay" with a WR here as well.

I can understand the concerns with Fournette but I see him as AP 2.0. He has the same injury concerns as AP coming out of college and AP turned out to arguably be the best RB of this generation. I think Fournette carries that upside as well and unless injuries derail his career, I see nothing but success. I just love his disruptive running style so much. I actually see McCaffery has the higher chance to be a bust in the pros but I like him also so I hope I am wrong.

I didn't like it as well. Don't understand spending that money on a backup with the same skill set as the RB you already have. Should've signed or draft a running back with speed that can make plays in the passing game as well. Joe Mixon could do wonders in the Saints system.
    I understand your stance absolutely , but in three years from now when Brees is retired and Maholmes potentially develops it might change some things. And I believe the Packers were closer at the time to actually winning a Super Bowl at the time and a legitimate argument could be made they were a player or two away - I don't think the Saints are a play or two away. You can obviously feel however you want and I understand wanting new toys NOW , but just me personally , I wouldn't fault them or the Cardinals for going that route.

As for Fournette - I see the talent and get the raw comparisons to AP but I just don't love all his tape. I know he was injured but I didn't love his vision and think he has some growing to do in the NFL and it's going to be awhile before he can contribute on all three downs. McCaffery is a four down player off the bat and Cook is at least a three downer - then there is Mixon who is also more talented. It's just my probable minority opinion that if not for character concerns between 2 of these guys that Fournette would be the 4th best RB prosepct in the draft.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    I did too , but I can't blame the NFL for grabbing the money with the ratings it gets.

And from a fan standpoint , I do enjoy round two and three being their own entity instead of getting lost a bit in the madness of roune one. They are usually my favorite rounds of the draft to watch because that's where so much perceived talent is at - especially in drafts like this one.
    Although I obviously prefer the 10 minutes between picks to 15 minutes, there is nostalgia for when the first round started on noon and wouldn't end until 7 or 8 at night.

Thread Information