Thread: Honma suffers serious injury

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Honma suffers serious injury

"Tomoaki Honma was urgently transported to the hospital after the game due to injury during a match in Okinawa on March 3. As a result of the diagnosis at the hospital, the doctor stop was applied due to cervical spine injuries, and he will miss the subsequent events including the Ota ward event on March 6. The time of return is undecided. I sincerely apologize to all the fans who were looking forward to see Honma wrestle.

Also, due to the absence of Honma, Tag Partner Togi Makabe declined the challenge of the IWGP tag championship which was scheduled to be held at Ota Ward, March 6.

Following this, IWGP Executive Committee of New Japan Wrestling nominated Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima as challengers, and the challenge of the team was decided. Some event cards will be changed.

Humbly, I would like to acknowledge you, thank you
    http://www.njpw.co.jp/86637

Big blow for New Japan, Honma has been one of the best babyfaces in the world since his amazing G-1 2014 run.

Fingers crossed everything turns out alright.

Thanks @HilaryFan for bringing it to my attention.

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Honma suffers serious injury

During a match pitting Honma, Togi Makabe & Michael Elgin vs. Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Jado, Jado hit Honma with a DDT from the second rope. Honma was unresponsive after taking the move and the match was stopped. Honma was stretchered to the back and then rushed to a nearby hospital.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. Hope it's not as bad as it looks. Honma is a blast to watch.

vCash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. This is awful. I enjoyed watching him. Going to pray he has a recovery.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I urge people not to look at the picture of his neck that is out there. I clicked it and wished to god I didn't.

Worst day as a wrestling fan I can remember for a very, very long time.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomoaki Honma was injured on March 3rd during his match in Okinawa, and immediately rushed to hospital. He was diagnosed to have injured his cervical vertebrae. In order to recover, he will miss the scheduled March 6th IWGP Tag Team title match and his return to the ring is currently tentative. His tag partner, Togi Makabe, has also declined to compete on March 6th.

As a result, the IWGP Executive Committee has named Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima as the challengers.
    ------

That's a statement from NJPW. Doesn't really give us any real news one way or the other about if it's serious as we feared. I guess these things take time to really know how permanent it's going to be

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, I hope it's nothing too serious. The guy is one of their hardest workers
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Misawa said things are bad but he can recover and may even wrestle again. He is lucky to be alive.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to f4wonline.com, NJPW’s Tomoaki Honma is starting to get some movement back after a scary injury that took place on Friday. Honma took a draping DDT from Jado during their tag match last week, but things got scary really fast as Honma laid motionless after taking the move.

Jado quickly covered him to end the match and medical assistance quickly came to the ring. Honma was awake and talking, but mostly motionless as he was taken from the ring. He has regained movement in his arms and legs but is still very weak and cannot sit up as of this report.

Honma suffered an injury to the C-3 and C-4 vertebrae in his neck; he has been moved from the hospital’s emergency room and has vowed to return to the ring.

Thread Information